• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like setting off multiple groups of mobs by control points. I had a control point, a enemy convoy and a hammer boi all in one. It was nuts, then you clear the first part of the point and jump on that chaingun, whew. The difficulty is just right for me. Challenging but satisfying when you win.

Mayyhem

Mar 5, 2018
I've gone ahead and bought this game based on positive experience with the Beta.

None of my friends are getting it though :(

Is there anyway to link up with Resetera folks looking for people to play with, etc? Not sure if there is a clan mechanic in game.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
SO.FUCKING.GOOD

I'm very surprised that they are able to keep invaded missions and stronghold enemies challenging without making them bullet sponges. Almost at WT3 now and apart from the challenging bounties (which may be broken) nothing feels spongy. Everything is a threat, but very satisfying to fight and the specializations are a lot of fun to use.

As for loot, you get showered with it at every corner.

While I'm currently loving every second of steady progress and taking it all in exploring etc, you're making it very hard to resist powering through the remaining missions I have left lol

Neku

Nov 1, 2017
Haven't had any issues on my PS4 Pro this morning, though play session was short (45 minutes ish) Texture Streaming is definitely noticeable but that's kinda expected honestly on consoles anyways

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
I've gone ahead and bought this game based on positive experience with the Beta.

None of my friends are getting it though :(

Is there anyway to link up with Resetera folks looking for people to play with, etc? Not sure if there is a clan mechanic in game.

look at the first post in the thread, there is a Discord link for clans

quehill

Mar 4, 2019
Anyone bump into some MASSIVE slow down last night? Played the first mission with a friend and I got hit with some kind of crazy stutter. Like, unplayable status. 5-6 FPS.

He wasn't having any issues so maybe my connection? I managed to finish the mission and when I get back to the safe house in the theater district is was fine. Who knows...
I had the exact same problem on the first mission. I restarted my ps4 to be sure, and since then haven't had any issues whatsoever. Might just be a problem with the first mission.

Oct 28, 2017
DZ story time: Went to the DZ the first time and took a couple of infected items from yellow enemies and dz care package, everyting okay, i call the helicopter and in the final second a guy showed up, i take some distance because i don't trust no one on DZ, he starts to shooting me and killed me, i come back and the same guy is with another guy and killed me (again).

pretty much standard Division1 DZ playstory

little sad that history is repeating also on Div2. i hoped to read for some changes in this meta before buying the game... now I'm thinking a bit more about it

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Got through character creation and discovering the White House. Initial impression: Pretty good. Playing with a controller on PC and having no issues.

zrVdl50.jpg

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
pretty much standard Division1 DZ playstory

little sad that history is repeating also on Div2. i hoped to read for some changes in this meta before buying the game... now I'm thinking a bit more about it
How do you expect to stop people from killing other people in a mode about killing other people?
Unless you remove the ability to kill other people which then means it's not a PvP mode anymore

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Has anyone in later world tiers tried doing the challenge bounties? The scaling seem way off for those mobs.
I'm world tier 3 and have failed every bounty I've tried to some random one shot or close too bullshit. This is solo mind you! I'm sure with a group it would be better as you could get revived

Oct 28, 2017
How do you expect to stop people from killing other people in a mode about killing other people?
Unless you remove the ability to kill other people which then means it's not a PvP mode anymore

I'm not talking about removing pvp.

Just the same old meta... go at the heli last second, change to rogue, kill, wait untile rogue goes away, rinse and repeat.
This is not really pvp is more towards "greifing". There is no real utility in engage pvp BEFORE someone is going to call the heli.

I though they introduced something to spice up a bit this repetition.

Just to be more clear... Maybe something Tarkov's like? Not a dull heli extraction that anyone can see on the map and rush to... But more just like some pre-defined (but randomly rotating) extraction zones (broadcasted to ALL players in DZ) where you have to stay some time to get the loot while NOT alerting the entire zone about it when you extract...

This will open up a lot more of tactical play... You can camp the extraction zones yes, but you don't know WHEN someone is going to extract... So you have either to go hunting or set abushes and similar

Last edited:

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I had this yesterday during the first mission you get from the lady at the theater settlement. It was primarily when you go in that building to fight all the dudes. I don't normally notice minor frame changes, but it was terrible--it would almost hang up at times it was stuttering so badly.

I asked my buddy that I was playing with if he was having any hitching problems and he wasn't so I figured it may have been a bug/connection problem.
I had the exact same problem on the first mission. I restarted my ps4 to be sure, and since then haven't had any issues whatsoever. Might just be a problem with the first mission.

Good to know, appreciate the responses. Yep, that is exactly where I hit the hitching issues - first mission, inside the building. After the mission ended, everything seemed fine. It was reassuring to know my buddy wasn't experiencing it.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
How much of a grind is it to get to level 30 / beat the main campaign?

Kinda want to power through to end game content and just trying to figure out how many hours it'll take...

If you just want to rush through the missions and get to lvl 30, I would say roughly 15 hours, maybe a bit faster in a group.

Ideally the road to level 30 is 25-30 hours long, my suggestion would be to take your time and enjoy the hand crafted missions and explore the world. It is worth it.

Climbing through World Tiers does not take long. You can go from lvl 30 to WT 3 in about 5 hours.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm only level 5. I activated the club challenge (ex kill 25 people with a turret ) but I see no progression. Any idea why ? Stuck at 0

WeAreVenumb

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm not super far yet, only level 7, but are cosmetic items(clothing specifically) now basically exclusive to mtx and lootboxes? In TD1 one of the things I like about scavenging in houses and apartments was that you almost always got new clothing from dressers and wardrobes. So far the only clothing I've gotten was a pair of pants from a lootbox.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
So I'm not super far yet, only level 7, but are cosmetic items(clothing specifically) now basically exclusive to mtx and lootboxes? In TD1 one of the things I like about scavenging in houses and apartments was that you almost always got new clothing from dressers and wardrobes. So far the only clothing I've gotten was a pair of pants from a lootbox.
Nope, they are rare but they are out there.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can still find some in the world, maybe less frequently than Division 1, only found 2 until level 7.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
You find them in the word at a pretty decent rate. Outside of that as you level you'll be getting some caches unlocked automatically and then once you get to higher level you will get cache currency from level ups you cna use to get the caches.
Everything you see in the shop is freely found in the free caches. In fact those caches can't even be bought with real money.
I already have two full outfits from the shop just from playing and getting caches and I'm only lvl 25.
I don't see any reason to ever spend money in this game at all.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
So what is up with the HDR settings? Another AAA game with the worst implementation possible. Why isn't there anything to calibrate to. Am I missing something?

WeAreVenumb

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, they are rare but they are out there.
You can still find some in the world, maybe less frequently than Division 1, only found 2 until level 7.
You find them in the word at a pretty decent rate. Outside of that as you level you'll be getting some caches unlocked automatically and then once you get to higher level you will get cache currency from level ups you cna use to get the caches.
Everything you see in the shop is freely found in the free caches. In fact those caches can't even be bought with real money.
I already have two full outfits from the shop just from playing and getting caches and I'm only lvl 25.
I don't see any reason to ever spend money in this game at all.
Thanks for the replies. That's good to hear, I felt like compared to TD1 so far the clothing availability was drastically reduced, then I saw the cash shop and feared the worst. Guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
So what is up with the HDR settings? Another AAA game with the worst implementation possible. Why isn't there anything to calibrate to. Am I missing something?
Nope, you were right with the first 2 sentences... I always turn it off because it makes the colors and graphics all washed out and shitty looking. Hopefully next gen will be better about it.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
What seems to be the meta for main assault weapons? I love that armor has just one number to deal with, but that doesn't seem to be the case with guns.

Should I be focusing on higher damage? Higher RPM? Is there a setting for the game to do the math for me where I can see which is straight up the better gun that will do more DPS? I remember D1 had this - is this not the case anymore?

Thanks all.

GmK

Oct 26, 2017
What seems to be the meta for main assault weapons? I love that armor has just one number to deal with, but that doesn't seem to be the case with guns.

Should I be focusing on higher damage? Higher RPM? Is there a setting for the game to do the math for me where I can see which is straight up the better gun that will do more DPS? I remember D1 had this - is this not the case anymore?

Thanks all.

Re: DPS check - there is a Firing Range you unlock a bit later, that does check exactly that.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Crash #5 just happened. From 2 complete lock ups of my PC to 3 crashes to desktop. The desktop crashes appear to be anti-cheat related about some stupid .dll file. What a way to completely ruin my first couple hours of the game. Can't even get to my first settlement, crashes before I can get there. Clearly way too many issues to play right now. I'm not gonna have any luck asking for a refund from GMG am I?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HDR is great in this game, set it to the max nits your TV supports, mine for example goes up to 4000 nits so I chose 4000, I can notice that if I leave it a 1000 lights and the sun are not bright enough, unlike 4000.
That's true that it lacks a proper calibration screen, but try to find a spot with the sun or lights and tune it, also try the brightness setting in the other settings screen, I've lowered it to 5 (from 10), and let contrast to 15.

Nope, you were right with the first 2 sentences... I always turn it off because it makes the colors and graphics all washed out and shitty looking. Hopefully next gen will be better about it.
If colors are washed out every time you use HDR in a game, that's just a bad setup on either you TV or the console's output, maybe your TV has separate settings for HDR and SDR (mine does), thus try tweaking it.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Arghhh these crashes while in multiplayer are driving me up the wall. Solo it's fine - I have mannnnnnny hours solo 0 crashes.

Every multiplayer mission I seem to have 3-4 at least and it's infuriating! Nothing is ever smooth with these type of games eh.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
gotta say, it is a little bit unfortunate that they haven´t the last stronghold in the game yet. on one hand they do an early access so people are already at the end now and then you get a "wait till this is out" sign when attempting the final stronghold.

problem is, 450 gearscore is the max at the moment and with the Tidal Basin you unlock world tier 5 which goes to 500 gearscore. what should people do now that are 450, stop playing? because you will exchange all gear with 500 gear once the Basin is out. farming doesn´t even make real sense because of that.

ah well, Sekiro next week and with all the tech problems on the Pro, maybe it is better to wait for a patch anyways. nonetheless i think it is a little bit stupid to timegate the endgame when you have an early head start in the game...rubs me in the wrong way.

Oct 27, 2017
If on PC, try turning HDR on in the Windows Display Settings as I think TD2 needs it on like some other games pertaining to HDR working correctly unlike, say, Destiny 2 which does not need to have it on (it detects it properly from just turning it on in the in-game settings).