• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The story missions are the primary reason why some people want to play this game. They were the only form of content I enjoyed in the first game.

You can't just replace one form of content with another. Side missions and endgame content are side missions and endgame content.

The game can still be good if those other forms of content are good. But even if this ends up being the greatest game of all time, locking a slightly harder than trivial version of a game's main fucking missions behind a trivial version will never not be an absolutely fucking massive deal to the people looking forward to it.

It's not like this is some Ninja Gaiden deal where normal difficulty would effectively be necessary for almost every player anyway.
All you are going to do is turn them into bullet sponges, thats it. As you level you do not have the tools, i.e. the gear that would make a harder difficulty fun at all.

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
Just got it. Didn't play Division 1, but the first 2 hours were pretty fun solo. Hopefully going to join the discord and get in on some community action.

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
All you are going to do is turn them into bullet sponges, thats it. As you level you do not have the tools, i.e. the gear that would make a harder difficulty fun at all.

That really isn't the case at all. Enemies still go down extremely quickly on the basic hard difficulty. The difference is largely in the tactics and positioning asked of the player. You can pretty much just rush in with guns blazing on normal because you always do so much more damage than they do to you. On hard they don't take much longer to kill: you just go down as fast as they do now. Hitting them without getting hit in return becomes key.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Just showing off the character that took me ages to create.

Xd3F6VS.jpg
Have to say I'm really happy with the character creator, its a step up from the last game.

P.S. Nice character!

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck these asshole crashes during missions. It too like an hour to get through the Jefferson Mission because 2/3 people would crash and have to reconnect.

The only upside is, is that the game knows to put you back in the same session.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
There still room left for an era clan? Lv 11 now and kind of feel like jumping into multiplayer finally.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
The Giantbomb dudes said ita difficult. Too difficult for a solo player like me?

Honestly, I think it's fine. As long as you don't stand out in the open during a gunfight, you'll be golden. I've made it as far as level 15 and haven't had a serious issue with difficult yet. I'm starting to see a wider variety of enemies now but that means I just have to use my brain a bit more.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got myself a PS4 Version for cheap. The last platform I wanted to play this game on. But alas... I'm cheap.

Will join a clan next week when my copy arrives.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Been sitting in matchmaking for this Federal Triangle bounty for five minutes now. Is this normal or just an artifact of me playing really early on Saturday morning in the Americas?

The Giantbomb dudes said ita difficult. Too difficult for a solo player like me?

Assuming you're like me and you haven't played the first game: it's not so difficult that it's impossible, but it's definitely not a walk in the park, I'm finding. After a while you learn a few tricks like retreating down a hallway with no exit to funnel enemies down the corridor, but when you don't have that option things can get real dodgy with enemies actively flanking you often and having to have a ton of them in various missions. This is one of the toughest shooters I've played in a while.

That said, if you do get into matchmaking, I find you get the opposite experience: with four players encounters become ridiculously easy, with barely any need to take cover. So you have options if you're finding solo play to be a grind.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Solo feels ok. Duo/Trio feels like you're overpowered, especially if you coordinate skills. Quad group felt super difficult at times, it felt like it scales difficulty way up for that setup - but the crashing didn't help and we had most of our crashes as four player groups.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
I hope it's not a one off of creative places for loot locations but I spotted a hard case attached to a 'chute stuck in a tree and thought "I wonder what would happen if.." and hey presto, one pistol round and the box popped open with some loot!

Shambala

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This game isn't so good to me. Enemies appear out of no where. Constant crashes during missions weapons feel lack luster. I'm actually having more fun playing Anthem and that's not saying much lol

Stimpack

Oct 27, 2017
I play solo most of the time, but group up for main missions. I'm level 20 and I've died less than 10 times. I'm not a pro by any means. I'd rank my skills as average or slightly above. Go for the chem launcher healing, and the hive grenade with revive. When you fall the grenade will pick you back up.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a dumb question, but how do I turn off this annoying menu narrator guy

Edit: NM, I had the right setting to turn off, but I had just cancelled it by mistake

Putty

Double Eleven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Middlesbrough
i´ve always reported here that the game has numerous issues but somehow, seems it is all dandy for many people or they don´t want to see it. this game is the same technical mess on the Pro that was the beta, nothing changed at all. these games need real betas long before release and not a demo beta that is meant as advertisement for the game. nothing can be fixed in such a short timeframe. basically they shipped a half broken product with the Pro version.

there is nothing understandable about it, if it can´t be displayed properly maybe tone down the litter on the screen. no one cares if there are 30 crap assets lying around or 75. tone it down, makes for a better game without pop in and texture streaming issues. Pro version looks really bad for a game late in the console generation. performance issues drags it down, optimization seems just bad. "terrific" this is not.

yep, exactly it is ridiculous reading about people "i have no problems" or people reporting in they are fine having played few hours. as soon as you reach the strongholds and black tusk missions this game is so prone to crashing...i must have had 15 crashes on my way to 450 if not more...

this game has numerous problems, crashing, technical issues, bugs, progression is halted at 450 because timegated endgame.

this game is yet another game rushed to release and needed more time in the oven, at least the Pro version is not up to the task of providing a rock stable performance.

Er yeah, OK. Stand by everything I said.don't like my opinion? You'll still sleep tonight.

Liquid Snake

Nov 10, 2017
I'd agree that the difficulty could use some tweaking — it's just a tad too difficult, enough to hurt the enjoyment of the game.

It's not unmanageable, but as an example, every single "Call for backup" I've answered has ended up with all of my teammates dead and then logging off and giving up. I think I've done 4 or 5 now, and I honestly think I'm done with trying to help people. Not a good sign for your games difficulty balance, when people are straight up bailing on the game.

Oct 25, 2017
33272143928_69ef156350_o.png

Foreword:
I just wanted to start with a quick thank you to Chris Metal for all his help creating the OT, especially the great graphics! Also,
carlsojo for that amazing OT title
Ruthless @deafmetal & GazzaGSi for managing the Division community like pro's. Also WesleyShark & KCsoLucky
Geist darkwing Quick Mustard for proof reading this OT. (Blame them if there are still errors, I'm not taking responsibility for my own errors)

Anyhow, I know everyone has been looking forward to finally playing this game and from everything Ubi has shown us, it looks like they have gone all-in with the content and QoL improvements from D1. Regardless of you prior history with the Division I hope the community binds together, regardless of platform, and makes it a great experience for everyone!

If there are any issues/errors, please pm them to me and I'll update!

33272143488_510ba68f92_o.png

Initial release date: March 15, 2019
*Pre-Purchase the Gold or Ultimate edition to play The Division 2 on March 12, 2019
Mode(s): Multiplayer
Engine: Snowdrop
Publisher: Ubisoft
Developers: Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft Reflections, MORE
Platforms: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows

s7VAf54.png

33272143398_83462efd86_o.png

Pre-order bonuses:
hPKqM96.jpg

Gold Edition: ($110)
LFZjpsW.jpg

The Gold Edition comes with the game itself, three-day early access to the game, and the Year 1 Pass. The Year 1 Pass gets you one-week early access to all free Year 1 episodes, exclusive customization items, additional activities, and more

Ultimate Edition: ($130)
8J6gX8F.jpg

The Ultimate Edition comes with the Year 1 Pass, three-day early access to the game, as well as a handful of digital add-ons: the Elite Agent Pack, Battleworn Secret Service Pack, and First Responder Pack. The add-ons include outfits, emotes, weapon skins, skill effects, and additional stash space. The physical version of the Ultimate Edition is exclusive to GameStop

32205493217_b88d8f6351_o.png

Dark Zone Collectors Edition: ($190)

R5n8FPa.jpg

This version includes everything in the Ultimate Edition, plus a 30cm-high figurine of Heather Ward, a book of lithographs, the game soundtrack, and a Washington, DC map packed together in a special box

Pheonix Shield Edition: ($250)
wiDg7A9.jpg

This edition comes with everything in the Ultimate Edition, plus an articulated figurine of Brian Johnson, a steelbook metal case (Ubisoft Store exclusive), a book of lithographs, the selected game soundtrack, and a Washington, DC map

32205493887_a968acb3b1_o.png

PC Specs:
Minimum Requirements:

Processor:AMD FX-6350 | Intel Core I5-2500K
Memory:8 GB RAM
Graphics:AMD Radeon R9 270 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
Disk Space:2 GB available space
Direct X:DirectX 11 | 12

Recommended Requirements:
Processor:AMD Ryzen 5 1500X | Intel Core I7-4790
Memory:8 GB RAM
Graphics:AMD RX 480 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
Disk Space:4 GB available space
Direct X:DirectX 11 | 12

*not on Steam*
Epic Games Store link
UPlay Store

33272144398_1ca7cb171f_o.png

33272143188_6e574576ec_o.png

Lead a team of elite agents into a post-pandemic Washington D.C. to restore order and prevent the collapse of the city.

In the ruins of Washington, D.C., seven months after the bio attack that kicked off the events of the first game. That means it's set in the summer this time, rather than snowy Manhattan, and the world will be 20 percent larger than The Division 1. Instead of being surrounded by tall buildings, The Division 2 throws you into larger areas that feel much more like an open world.

The first game was set in the midst of a social collapse triggered by poisoned money, The Division 2 is set in a city trying to rebuild and recover. It's still pretty broken up, however, and plants and wildlife are reclaiming abandoned sectors.

You'll face off against a trio of factions:

- Hyenas: drug-fueled chaos-revelers preying on the weak.
- True Sons: a militia who rule by brute force.
- The Outcasts' premise is intriguing: infected individuals were left in the city's makeshift encampments to die. Those that survived have banded together and are now out for vengeance.

A fourth faction, the Black Tusks, could pose the biggest threat. As well-equipped and organized as Division agents, this organization will be introduced as part of The Division 2's endgame, laying siege to city areas at random.

tI1oWa4.jpg

33272143518_035a237e05_o.png

Campaign
Take on The Division's most critical mission yet, where you'll tackle unprecedented dangers as you pull D.C. back from the brink.

CO-OP
Join your friends to take on the game's toughest missions. You'll need all the help you can get.

PvP
Sometimes even fellow agents can't be trusted. Take on other players and prove your combat proficiency.

Dark Zones
With three Dark Zone across Washington D.C., you'll be able to explore unique areas of the city that have been untouched for months. These mysterious, walled-off sections of D.C. offer a fair and intense Player vs. Environment vs. Player experience where anything can happen, and no one can be trusted.

Conflict
Prove your skills against other Division agents in a variety of different player versus player experiences on unique maps not seen anywhere else in The Division 2.

Skirmish details
- Go head to head against another team in the Division's take on classic Team Deathmatch

Domination details
- Capture locations to claim dominance against the other team in this objective based game mode

46233754225_3aa23176e8_o.png

Each Agent will customize the tools and abilities they bring to the field, and the skills you hone in on will have a major impact on your—and the city's—chances of survival.

Assault Drone details
- An unmanned device that can be controlled remotely and sent to unleash a special brand of hell on unwitting enemies.

Chem Launcher details
-The Chem Launcher shoots various chemicals that disperse upon impact. Its effects vary, from explosive vapors and corrosive acids to repairing nano bots – choose wisely and neutralize any situation.

Hive details
- While primarily a defensive tool, the offensive version is called the "Wasp Hive," where small drones are launched to cause devastating effects to targets within an area

Seeker Mine details
Once activated, this mine locks onto the closest enemy target in range and rolls along the ground in their direction, detonating when it gets close enough.

46233753985_335112b1ed_o.png

When you're battling everything from warring factions to contamination zones and the elements, you need to make sure you're well prepared. The Division 2 offers fully customizable agents and gear. There is a variety of weapons, armor, and cosmetic options to find, plus more gear sets and exotic items available to high-level players. When you reach the end-game, unique specializations will allow you to further expand your arsenal and abilities

bZD7cRa.jpg

47147796571_32e11377bf_o.png

- new weapon archetypes (specialized crossbows, grenade launchers, and sniper rifles)
- enemies have access to new weapons and gadgets (freeze gun)
- call in NPC reinforcements
- four new gadgets
- 8-player raids
- clans

32205493657_b16c5bb5aa_o.png

New specializations, game modes, and more, will keep Division agents active well beyond level 30.
IZjlvbZ.jpg

47148044151_23578e75a8_o.png

Once you hit level 30 you can activate one of three specializations, which unlocks that specialization's signature weapon and new skills. The three specializations are:

46233154105_ff79cc70bb_o.png

46233154265_829fda4dff_o.png

33272143328_e59073f8ea_o.png

You develop your specialization in endgame co-op missions

33272578758_3650c74604_o.png

PvP
- Take on other players to prove your skills and earn powerful high-end gear.

Co-Op Activities:
- brand-new missions that offer some of the greatest challenges the Division has faced yet.

Clans:
- Agents are more powerful together, so take advantage of new ways to not only play with, but connect with other players.

Evolving Endgame:
- New content will be added regularly to The Division 2 and players will have access to a full year of free story-driven missions, map expansions and new game features.

Strongholds vs. Missions
Strongholds are vastly bigger and meaner than missions. Strongholds will be important to the plot development of the game and are extremely significant. Missions will need to be completed before attempting Strongholds. The introduction of Strongholds will happen very early on in the main campaign, but the concept becomes ramped up in the Endgame.

What happens when you hit level 30?
  • During the main campaign you be working thru a bunch of Missions and a handful of Strongholds to get to the final Stronghold that remains locked until you reach level 30. At that point, the final Stronghold will be unlocked and revealed. Once that final Stronghold is completed, World Tier 1 is unlocked, Tidal Basin is revealed and the living world will completely change.
  • Previously established control points that you've captured suddenly become dynamic as the Black Tusk faction comes into play and factions are pushed into the open world. Previously established fast travel locations are no longer available and must be re-established. Most importantly, due to the influx of the Black Tusk, Specializations are introduced because "you're gonna need a bigger gun.", and you're vastly weaker in relation to the new faction.
World Tiers 1-3 Unlocked
  • 3 Stronghold revealed (1 for each faction) that will have 2 invaded missions that are tied to each Stronghold.
    • After completing the first Stronghold, you'll progress to the next World Tier 2. Finishing the second will push you into World Tier 3 and finishing the last of the 3 Strongholds will push you into World Tier 4.
  • "The Snitch" & The Deck of 52 becomes active
    • 52 Named bosses, each faction matching a suit, that will award you loot and commendations for "completing the deck" and getting their cards. They won't spawn again until your deck is complete.
  • Cassie Mendoza "The Gun Runner" is revealed
    • A roaming random spawn vendor that cycles every day in a half that will have special loot/guns that scale to your world tier.
World Tier 4
  • Priority Target Network - An interconnected set of 7 tiered Bounties inside of different named zones that scale in difficulty as you progress thru them (progression similar to "hard", "challenging" & "heroic" ways that were familiar in TD1).
  • Bounties (this is not endgame, but was discussed after the Priority Target Network to explain how they happen)
    • During the campaign you'll meet Otis Sykes and you'll get access to bounties that you spend Target Intel to play.
    • Target Intel is garnered thru mission completion and endgame content.
World Tier 5
  • TBD later - gotta keep you guessing and excited.
Keeping the open world "fresh"
  • Interesting discussion about the logic behind the rules and modifiers to keep endgame fresh and changing. Less about being random. More about being controlled and deliberate, while allowing each experience to be unique thru the use of the modifiers.

46233154365_a4bbcb72f4_o.png

46424570274_e7fd76b00a_o.png

gmC0tPs.jpg

6R9omPT.jpg

90UYyer.jpg

au3tHfW.jpg

xVsCdbZ.jpg

IVNk6x9.jpg

q8SWs98.jpg

46424569954_59c508d4fc_o.png

Story Trailer
Multiplayer: Darkzone & Conflict Trailer
World Premier Gameplay
E3 2018 Trailer
Gamescom 2018 Trailer
Endgame Trailer
Dark Zone Trailer
Launch Trailer

33272144318_b09763e2b8_o.png

dVx12fJ.png

Overview:
A new feature in The Division 2 is the ability to create and manage clans in-game. Clans are designed to make it easy for you to find like-minded players to play with, and to make clan management a user-friendly experience.
Clans will focus on building tight knit communities with common goals, and will consist of up to 50 accounts, with up to four characters each. The ability to create a clan is unlocked early as a part of The Division 2's story progression. Anyone who has unlocked the feature can create their own, but to start progressing a clan, a total of four members is required.
Clan members can keep themselves informed through the clan feed, keeping you up to date with clan activity and progression. The ability to leave messages on the feed will enable members to easily stay in touch with each other and it also allows for leadership to pin important messages in order to coordinate events.
In addition, each clan will have access to two voice channels for up to 25 members each, allowing you to socialize with each other at all times, regardless of where in the game you are or what activity you currently are partaking in.

Joining a clan:
When searching for a clan, you will be presented with a number of options enabling you to find a clan that best suits your particular needs or play-style.
  • Activities – The primary focus of the clan, PvE, PvP or both.
  • Most Active Times – The time of day the clan is the most active.
  • Atmosphere – The general atmosphere of the clan; would you prefer a relaxed easy-going clan, a clan focused on certain aspects of the game or a highly competitive PvP clan?
  • Mic Requirement – If the clan requires a microphone to be able to join.
  • Language – The primary spoken language of the clan.
  • Region – The geographical location of the clan members.
Creating and managing a clan:
One of the first steps when creating a clan is to design your insignia, which will serve as the visual representation of your clan in The Division 2. When designing your insignia, you will be able to choose from a selection of icons, background and border types to create your own unique design.
Next, you need to name your newfound creation. A clan name can be between 4 to 15 letters long and the clan tag, which is visible to all players, consists of 3 capitalized letters. You can also write a presentation to introduce your clan to your players.
Finally, each clan can set their preferred privacy level, consisting of three distinct levels:
  • Open – Searchable and open for all players.
  • Invite Only – Searchable but requires an application to be sent and reviewed by clan leadership.
  • Private – A private clan is not searchable and can only be joined through an invite sent by the clan's leadership.
Clan membership is organized into four ranks, allowing for improved organisation and a clear structure:
  • Commander – The leader of the clan which has access to all administrative functions of the clan.
  • Lieutenant – The officer rank, which will be able to send out invites, review applications, promote and demote members as well as moderate the clan feed.
  • Agent – The established clan member able to invite potential recruits to the clan.
  • Recruit – The recruit is a new member of the clan with limited access to administrative clan functionality.
When reviewing applications as a Commander or Lieutenant, you will be able to inspect the applicant's characters, including gear, in order for you to quickly make an informed decision.

Clan progression:
All in-game actions taken by members yielding experience points will also yield CXP (Clan XP), which is a new form of experience in The Division 2. Earning CXP will level up your clan, earning you and your friends additional benefits for each level on your Clans journey to level 30, as well as unlocking additional customization options for the insignia, showcasing your clan's veterancy.
Clans will collectively work towards common goals in The Division 2, in the shape of weekly projects and an upgradeable clan cache, both yielding rewards for all members upon completion. The weekly clan cache requires a weekly CXP goal to be reached with additional stretch goals. There are 3 tiers of reward - bronze, silver and gold. Reaching the bronze tier will unlock guaranteed rewards, while reaching the silver and gold tiers will further improve the week's rewards each time.
Clan projects are weekly tasks that grants a boost of CXP upon completion, each focusing on a particular aspect of the game. If your clan manages to complete all weekly projects, the clan will receive an additional, significant amount of CXP.

Clan quarters:
The East Wing of the White House will serve as your clan's home, providing you with a space to socialize and regroup. Here you will find your clan stash to collect your weekly rewards, as well as the clan vendor, a unique vendor available only in the East Wing. As a natural part of the clan's level progression, the quality of the items offered by the clan vendor will improve. Certain levels will also unlock the ability to purchase unique cosmetic headgear, featuring your insignia, enabling you to represent your clan wherever you go.
The clan quarters will showcase your clan's top three weekly CXP contributors, giving recognition to your most dedicated members' accomplishments. There is more to discover in the clan quarters, that you will have to discover by yourself at release!

Era Clans:
PC #1: "Third Wave" [???]
PC #2: "Rogue Ones" [ERA]!
PC #3: "Third Echelon" [???]
PC #4: tba *Currently recruiting*
XBox #1:
"ERAgents" [ERA] *Currently recruiting*
XBox #2: tbd *Currently recruiting*
PS4 #1: "Knights of DC" [KoC]
PS4 #2: "Agents of Cobra" [AoC]
PS4 #3: "The Leftovers" [TLO]
PS4 #4: "4th Division" [FDV] *Currently recruiting*
*please swing by discord and check in on the clan tabs if you're interested in a roster spot

33272144248_8b36c04041_o.png

Division Era discord link:
(If not immediately visable, post in the main thread first, then check)
Quote for Discord Link!
[Hidden content][Hidden content]
(emote the bot post to add your role <platform>)

46233754095_f2f84292ab_o.png

- Story? well, yeah.... no unmarked spoilers!
- Follow Era ToS
- Just be cool with everything, leave the tomfoolery for the Darkzone.
- Use the word Schlooter in here and you will be shunned and most likely "taken care of" in the Dark Zones

quoting for Discord link.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
The skill bug where you deploy, e.g. a turret, and it disappears after three seconds for a 15-second cooldown is getting pretty frustrating.

I take it there's no way around it atm?

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
Hit level 30 last night and have the one stronghold to go. Is it worth doing all the sides before progressing to end game or can you do them later?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Random question: often when I'm at a settlement I'll hear random NPCs say things like "hey agent, come here" or "agent, hold up a sec," like they have something for me to do. But I almost never actually find anything. This is different from the mission givers and the people you recruit, which have actual in-game markers and don't talk to you until you initiate a conversation.

There isn't some secret network of settlement missions I'm missing out on, right? It's just Massive being weird with the NPC callouts?

Kalasai

Jan 16, 2018
France
i´ve always reported here that the game has numerous issues but somehow, seems it is all dandy for many people or they don´t want to see it. this game is the same technical mess on the Pro that was the beta, nothing changed at all. these games need real betas long before release and not a demo beta that is meant as advertisement for the game. nothing can be fixed in such a short timeframe. basically they shipped a half broken product with the Pro version.

there is nothing understandable about it, if it can´t be displayed properly maybe tone down the litter on the screen. no one cares if there are 30 crap assets lying around or 75. tone it down, makes for a better game without pop in and texture streaming issues. Pro version looks really bad for a game late in the console generation. performance issues drags it down, optimization seems just bad. "terrific" this is not.

yep, exactly it is ridiculous reading about people "i have no problems" or people reporting in they are fine having played few hours. as soon as you reach the strongholds and black tusk missions this game is so prone to crashing...i must have had 15 crashes on my way to 450 if not more...

this game has numerous problems, crashing, technical issues, bugs, progression is halted at 450 because timegated endgame.

this game is yet another game rushed to release and needed more time in the oven, at least the Pro version is not up to the task of providing a rock stable performance.

Sorry for you, but i play since the 12th on PRO, 0 bugs, 0 crash, all my friends only one crash due to assault drone, we don't use anymore until is fixed. for me it's a well done release, nothing like Anthem that was a real mess shit. And i can say globally the launch is very clean, UBI done good communications too.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Random question: often when I'm at a settlement I'll hear random NPCs say things like "hey agent, come here" or "agent, hold up a sec," like they have something for me to do. But I almost never actually find anything. This is different from the mission givers and the people you recruit, which have actual in-game markers and don't talk to you until you initiate a conversation.

There isn't some secret network of settlement missions I'm missing out on, right? It's just Massive being weird with the NPC callouts?

Pretty sure that's just the vendors being very, very annoying. It doesn't seem to be mission related.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017

I felt the game was tough early on, but then once I unlocked more armor packs and the right skills, it became a lot more manageable. Any NPC can still ruin your day if you let them get the flank on you though. If you're going to play solo, I recommend taking the healing chem launcher as your first skill. It will save you so many armor packs. For your 2nd skill, consider either the hive grenade that will auto-revive you if you go down (basically a 1-up mushroom), or the assault current to help draw aggro away from you.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Got in-game and realised I didn't quite like how my character looked and redid the whole intro. Character creator is an improvement but still pretty rough. Might try the hive instead of the turret this time.
I just did this exact thing tonight... Completed the first Theater mission, and restarted.

Man, this is a really good game. Very feature complete. I totally understand all the positive reviews.
I take it you haven't seen the 2 terrible reviews that are out yet?

What's the color tiers for gear ranks?

I have a really awesome rifle that's a purple but is yellow better than purple?

Gray < Green < Blue < Purple < Yellow < Teal/Green < Red

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I felt the game was tough early on, but then once I unlocked more armor packs and the right skills, it became a lot more manageable. Any NPC can still ruin your day if you let them get the flank on you though. If you're going to play solo, I recommend taking the healing chem launcher as your first skill. It will save you so many armor packs. For your 2nd skill, consider either the hive grenade that will auto-revive you if you go down (basically a 1-up mushroom), or the assault current to help draw aggro away from you.

I also found that the AI is pretty consistent when keeping track of your last known position - you can exploit this in solo play by popping up for a few shots, then circle around the enemies in cover as they assault your previous foxhole. It takes them a while to go into 'search mode' (you can hear them bark at each other that they lost you, which triggers searching) and until then they can be flanked easily. Doing this works better and faster than the kiting/back-pedalling I see a lot of streamers do.