• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Had a great time farming up some T3 control points in WT4 with ERA clanmates. We accidentally triggered a T4 control point due to a convoy...never again. It was a war of attrition, shit was fun but nah fam. I'll be hitting that quite a bit, I really would like to get all mods before WT5, thanks for the fun ERA (Fdeadlee, in clan).

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far but I sort of wish WT5 was out now. Farming gear you know is going to be largely irrelevant soon is a bit disincentivising.

Rokam

Oct 29, 2017
I'm using the mortar variation of the turret however it will sometimes get stuck where it can only fire on one area. Is there a way to unstick the location or is it bugged?

witty_mittie3

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
Had a great time farming up some T3 control points in WT4 with ERA clanmates. We accidentally triggered a T4 control point due to a convoy...never again. It was a war of attrition, shit was fun but nah fam. I'll be hitting that quite a bit, I really would like to get all mods before WT5, thanks for the fun ERA (Fdeadlee, in clan).

Curious, have you been optimizing your gear and load out to deal with those lvl 3 checkpoints?

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Does anyone know if the Recharged gun talent actually works? It seems like a really nice bonus but it's hard to tell if it's truly doing anything. Also, would I need to have it in my hands for it to apply or if it's my secondary is that okay?

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear. Maybe I'll just be on the safe(er) side and fast travel to the WH first to maybe trigger an auto save before alt-f4'ing
I don't think you ever need to worry about that in this game, considering it's online only and you need to connect to their servers to even play.
If anything, there is probably a time-out on their servers that will autosave your progress and log you off if it can't detect your connection after a minute or two. The server backend is probably more like an MMORPG's than you realize.

The only time it won't save properly is if there was a sudden shutdown to Ubisoft's servers instead.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I just hit level 27, and have a question about inventory management. Should I be selling all my shit, or deconstructing it? Deconstruction is telling me that I'm not getting max materials. Is there something to do with low level mats?

Thanks.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This game really brings people together. Made a lot of uPlay friends so far. Then someone called me a white n-word and kicked me because I used a healing Hive.

Trump's America I guess.

I'm only half white by the way.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy how much better sniper spec is better than the others. I'll take 30% reload speed, stability and headshot damage over the entirety of the other 2 trees. Doesn't help that I wasted 10 points for the demo magnum and it turns out to be as weak as a level 10 pistol? Like, what? I just want a 200k damage magnum....

Overall the specializations are pretty underwhelming tbh. Help that flesh them out more at some point.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's crazy how much better sniper spec is better than the others. I'll take 30% reload speed, stability and headshot damage over the entirety of the other 2 trees. Doesn't help that I wasted 10 points for the demo magnum and it turns out to be as weak as a level 10 pistol? Like, what? I just want a 200k damage magnum....

Overall the specializations are pretty underwhelming tbh. Help that flesh them out more at some point.

Sadly this is true. The very best thing about any of the other two specs is AR damage. Demo feels worthless. I hope Ubi fixes this soon.

Also for gods sake make the signature weapons worth using, and replenish the ammo in safe houses. Fuck having to find the ammo, I mean what is this 2008 game design?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Sadly this is true. The very best thing about any of the other two specs is AR damage. Demo feels worthless. I hope Ubi fixes this soon.

Also for gods sake make the signature weapons worth using, and replenish the ammo in safe houses. Fuck having to find the ammo, I mean what is this 2008 game design?

Yeah I'm using demo but I have no ammo for my grenade launcher half the time.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017

I think a big problem is that, besides the weapon, too much of the unique stuff is lackluster. Overall, I like Demo and I think the nade launcher is amazing... but the artillery turret, the frag grenade, and magnum all seem real bad.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I have a project that says I need to "Aid hostage rescue"... What is that? I'm not seeing an activity for that?

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Alright, I just picked up this game because a lot of the gameplay I've seen looks really fun. But I have an important question...

VVGcp6J.jpg

pzAJUP1.jpg

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
This game really brings people together. Made a lot of uPlay friends so far. Then someone called me a white n-word and kicked me because I used a healing Hive.

Trump's America I guess.

I'm only half white by the way.

The global chat is certainly something at times.

Oh well, what can you expect from a game that is basically a giant NRA commercial.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fuck the World tier 2 version of Roosevelt Island was a significant pain in the ass.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Hm, I've been using demo and enjoying it. The mortar turret is ok but since it has to be manually aimed it can be a bit too much to manage in a big fight. I like the bonus to LMG damage and I use the explosive seeker so I often get new grenade ammo. The launcher can really wreck groups and war hounds.

I haven't figured out how to equip the fray grenade I unlocked,..?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if there is anywhere to see how long you've played the game in any of the menus? I'm curious because I feel like I've already gotten a lot of hours out of this game and I haven't even reached level 30. Insane value and fun for the price point.

Also. Just to share a story. Tonight, I put out a call for backup, just because I like playing with other people. I was doing random shit on my map. Some guy joins in the middle of a caravan event I was doing. He runs too far forward and dies, promptly turns on his mic and berates me for calling for backup and then getting him killed.....

I was literally speechless. He lectured me for like 3 minutes until I finished by myself, then left my group.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
I know some people might disagree with me because of "well it's supposed to be challenging tho" but I sure am getting tired of getting killed by a random NPC during a bounty and having to restart the whole thing over again. Like it's one thing if I get killed by the main NPCs but sometimes I'll die way before even getting close to the location.

This stopped becoming such a problem for me once I went back to the original perk screen and spent the SHD points on the one that gives you extra signature ammo, so I end up getting two grenades each time I find some.

Last edited:

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if there is anywhere to see how long you've played the game in any of the menus? I'm curious because I feel like I've already gotten a lot of hours out of this game and I haven't even reached level 30. Insane value and fun for the price point.

Also. Just to share a story. Tonight, I put out a call for backup, just because I like playing with other people. I was doing random shit on my map. Some guy joins in the middle of a caravan event I was doing. He runs too far forward and dies, promptly turns on his mic and berates me for calling for backup and then getting him killed.....

I was literally speechless. He lectured me for like 3 minutes until I finished by myself, then left my group.

There's a commendation for 28 days of play time and it counts by hours. Try checking that

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Also the black guy enemies aiming their "gats" sideways and walking around like how white pearl-clutching people imagine all black people look? I realize this game was designed in Nordway or some Nordic country but this shit looks racist as fuck to Americans.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Also the black guy enemies aiming their "gats" sideways and walking around like how white pearl-clutching people imagine all black people look? I realize this game was designed in Nordway or some Nordic country but this shit looks racist as fuck to Americans.

I've seen both races in the game do this - tbh, I actually didn't think there were any black enemies in the game and was going to ask if there were any. I feel like every enemy is a white guy but the fact you've seen black enemies let's me know I'm wrong.

I have a weird issue where every enemy uses male pronouns but my character is a female lol.

Also, this is my primary reason I came to post: I am maxed out on resources from deconstruction and it's pushing me towards not deconstructing anything anymore because I'm gaining nothing from it. Where should I be spending these resources? Is it wise to sell loot if I'm getting nothing from deconstruction?

e: adding onto this in hopes of a genuine answer...

Should I be saving all Superior Quality loot and above or are they as easily trashable as all other tier below them?

e: I know I'm old as shit but a hardcover/paperback physical edition of a guide for Division 2 that explained a lot of the game deeper systems and strategies would be so helpful. I'm sure there is in fact some good e-guide I could look at instead so... any recommendations?

Last edited:

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017

If you have the Ubisoft app or access to Ubisoft's Sam feature, you can ask Sam how long you've played with a question like "What's my playtime in Division 2?"

One more question to go with the above. The project "Outfit Rescue Ream" has the objective "Aid hostage rescue". I've done a couple of these without the project becoming completed. Kind of frustrating.

Another side story cause I haven't posted anything substantial in a while. In my third time with matchmaking, twice I've ran into bugs that wouldn't let us complete activities or control points. The first time a control point stopped midway through and no more enemies showed up so we couldn't progress further. The other time, an access key to gain control of a Propaganda Broadcast never dropped. Very frustrating.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017

I think when you load into the main menu with the character selector (R trigger to goto next character etc) there is an hours played on the right hand side, under levels, clan banner etc right?

*starts lecturing you for getting me killed awhile i was explaining that*
The joy of online games, some people are weird.

Edit: Or use a tracker, here you go, :)
https://division.tracker.gg/division-2/profile/psn/MCFluffyNuts/overview

Last edited:

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I think when you load into the main menu with the character selector (R trigger to goto next character etc) there is an hours played on the right hand side, under levels, clan banner etc right?

*starts lecturing you for getting me killed awhile i was explaining that*
The joy of online games, some people are weird.

Edit: Or use a tracker, here you go, :)
https://division.tracker.gg/division-2/profile/psn/MCFluffyNuts/overview

This is a super helpful link that should be added into the OP if it's not already. Maybe for OT2 (if the game isn't in the shitter population wise by then).

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, so we can't recalibrate the same talent twice. I guess we'll have to stock multiple items with the most useful talents as it's a one time use.