• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I never played The Division 1 but gunplay in this feels gooooood so far.

I took the attack drone as my first ability cause I figure that will help while I'm soloing the story. Are class archetypes a thing in this game? Can I focus on being a healer?

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if there is anywhere to see how long you've played the game in any of the menus? I'm curious because I feel like I've already gotten a lot of hours out of this game and I haven't even reached level 30. Insane value and fun for the price point.

Also. Just to share a story. Tonight, I put out a call for backup, just because I like playing with other people. I was doing random shit on my map. Some guy joins in the middle of a caravan event I was doing. He runs too far forward and dies, promptly turns on his mic and berates me for calling for backup and then getting him killed.....

I was literally speechless. He lectured me for like 3 minutes until I finished by myself, then left my group.
The character select screen before you log-in.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how much better sniper spec is better than the others. I'll take 30% reload speed, stability and headshot damage over the entirety of the other 2 trees. Doesn't help that I wasted 10 points for the demo magnum and it turns out to be as weak as a level 10 pistol? Like, what? I just want a 200k damage magnum....

Overall the specializations are pretty underwhelming tbh. Help that flesh them out more at some point.

Different strokes. Demo is great IMO. I maxed out the grenade launcher damage perk and it one or two shots most bosses, and is also incredible for clearing out mobs when they're grouped up. I like using LMGs and the extra LMG damage is nice. The perk that lets you tank a grenade every 60s is also really useful.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Man why female characters are so ugly in this game? They have terrible body frame for ladies, more bulky than the dudes. I wanted to start a second character and I wanted to be a woman but I might reconsider lol Even clothing looks terrible on them, well maybe there are few things that look nice on them but most of them looks terrible.

What happen to this?

the-division-2-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-20jun18

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Also the black guy enemies aiming their "gats" sideways and walking around like how white pearl-clutching people imagine all black people look? I realize this game was designed in Nordway or some Nordic country but this shit looks racist as fuck to Americans.
Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing a single black Hyena, let alone a black Hyena Assault (the types at advance on you with their rifles titled sideways and no regard for cover). Hyena Assaults feel like the most dangerous Assaults at Challenging since they maintain the usual aimbot level of accuracy while soaking up full magazines of assault rifle fire without flinching.

Most dark skinned mobs I've seen are True Sons or Black Tusk.

Also, Challenging difficulty is still way overtuned. The enemies need to have some programmed in inaccuracy instead of being a BioWare style contest against perfect laser wielding aimbots that can oneshot you if you stick your big toe out of cover.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Man why female characters are so ugly in this game? They have terrible body frame for ladies, more bulky than the dudes. I wanted to start a second character and I wanted to be a woman but I might reconsider lol Even clothing looks terrible on them, well maybe there are few things that look nice on them but most of them looks terrible.

What happen to this?

My agent is female and literally the only top that doesn't look like it's XL is the standard tank top.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if there is anywhere to see how long you've played the game in any of the menus? I'm curious because I feel like I've already gotten a lot of hours out of this game and I haven't even reached level 30. Insane value and fun for the price point.

Also. Just to share a story. Tonight, I put out a call for backup, just because I like playing with other people. I was doing random shit on my map. Some guy joins in the middle of a caravan event I was doing. He runs too far forward and dies, promptly turns on his mic and berates me for calling for backup and then getting him killed.....

I was literally speechless. He lectured me for like 3 minutes until I finished by myself, then left my group.

You can also see your play time on the Ubisoft Club mobile app.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
No point of doing challenging with pubs since it's mostly people with unoptimized builds or low GS. Worse is both too

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Also the black guy enemies aiming their "gats" sideways and walking around like how white pearl-clutching people imagine all black people look? I realize this game was designed in Nordway or some Nordic country but this shit looks racist as fuck to Americans.
what are you talking about? most of the enemies are white and compared to friendly NPCs who seem to be 50% POC. And if most of the enemies are white, then most likely the white enemies are doing the animation you're talking about.

Im on world tier 2 and i'm starting to feel abit bored, like no huge urge to carry on.

Deleted member 8674

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
General Total Stats

Total Kills 2,126

Headshot Hits 4,189

Items Looted 534

Gear Score 28

Total XP 1,989,618

Time Played 37 hrs

PVE Stats

NPC Kills 2,126

PVE Level 23

Hyena Kills 768

OutCasts Kills 219

PVE XP 1,989,618

TrueSons Kills 1,009

Kills by

Pistol 6

SMG 172

Shotgun 19

Rifle 1,387

Deployed 14

Skill 528

Headshot 282

Bleeding 27

Burning 39

Shocked 11

Ensnare 8

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Yesterday I reached World Tier 4 - played everything solo, and my early impressions have been confirmed:

Lots of builds, one of the best Open Worlds I've ever seen, nonexistent story, one-dimensional characters, incredible graphics, some bugs, but there was nothing game breaking except the skill bug.

In my opinion, the best loot shooter to date. I've already played 68 hours and it's still a lot of fun.

Deleted member 8674

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yesterday I reached World Tier 4 - played everything solo, and my early impressions have been confirmed:

Lots of builds, one of the best Open Worlds I've ever seen, nonexistent story, one-dimensional characters, incredible graphics, some bugs, but there was nothing game breaking except the skill bug.

In my opinion, the best loot shooter to date. I've already played 68 hours and it's still a lot of fun.

You misspelled Shlooter.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Is it normal that when you play with a higher level friend (+5) levels that the exp you gain is significantly higher?
I played with a friend who's 30 and I was 18. I went from 18 to 25 in 2 hours.

Bethell

Oct 27, 2017

Glad you enjoyed it, currently playing through solo as well. Can you say what build you were using for levelling and WT1?

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017

"CHECK IT OUT, THE SHERIFF IS HERE."

I agree with your points but fuck me if the story isn't paper thin. Ubisoft can't write a proper story with characters that have depth to them

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im level 23 now just done the lincoln memorial mission. Still having a blast, they story is not in depth but its not bad either if you sit back and watch and listen to all the collectables.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
Glad you enjoyed it, currently playing through solo as well. Can you say what build you were using for levelling and WT1?

I'm traveling right now, so in a few words.

Demolitionist.

Turret and drone with LMG (barrage) for crowd control or shield and chem launcher with a pumpgun for pushing forward.

I did the black tusk missions in the suggested order - see mission screen.

I choose a lot of abilities for more damage, if I lose armor and/or empty the magazin.

The grenade launcher is perfect for the robo dogs - one direct hit and the dogs are down.

Last edited:

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
I got the exotic merciless rifle but it's pretty dumb. I have to shoot then miss a target 4 times then shoot then not miss to trigger the full damage it could deal. Not sure if it's worth it yet. Sounds too tedious in a hectic situation.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The Metro Ruins control point bugged when I fired the flare and the backup got stuck (fast travelling and redoing it fixed it (only had to fight 5 enemies second time round)) and I was stuck in a carriage, bombarded from all directions, inches away from death. One of the most exhilarating moments I've had in a game.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
There is no black enemy who does this animation. The enemies who do this are the standard hyena mooks who are skinny white guys

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019

What happen to this?

Seeing the promotional image reminds me when we're gonna see Agents Dunne, Ward, and Johnson. I know they were mentioned in one of the Contaminated Areas audio logs, so it would be nice to have other living agents aside from Kelso

They're probably gonna be death fodder later on, will they? :/

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I take it cosmetics have been seriously nerfed in this in order to push MTs? Level 9 and I've had one pair of shoes drop. One.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looting everything. Cleaning up the map too doing all the side content before carrying on with main missions.

All of mine were from random packs on the side of the road. I do not think I got any from a drop or locked chest. Of course I am always looking for stuff to open on the side of the road and have run face first into wandering baddies.....

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looting everything. Cleaning up the map too doing all the side content before carrying on with main missions.

Just luck of the RNG draw, dude. My first week i was getting tons of cosmetics. Past couple days all i got was 1 pair of glasses.

The storefront doesnt really have a ton of cosmetic options. They have like 8 outfits and 9 weapon skins and emotes? So it doesnt really make sense at this time to be pushing it.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
OK so the insane lag I was experiencing in the first couple hours of the game has been absent in my last 4 hours. Must have just been a bad connection at the time or something. Runs fine now (base ps4)

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, the challenging Bank and VIP Potomac missions had some brutal stuff, but I managed it with random group of 4. God bless the flame thrower...

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of mine were from random packs on the side of the road. I do not think I got any from a drop or locked chest. Of course I am always looking for stuff to open on the side of the road and have run face first into wandering baddies.....

Yeah I've been opening and looting everything. So far I've had said shoes drop above and I have one weapon skin that came from an apparel cache key. Not sure how I earned the key.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Seemed to me there's lots of cosmetics to be found in the Metro stations. But maybe just random lucky finds for me so far.

Mud

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Recalibration. Sometimes the option to recal talents is greyed out. Same goes for weapon perks.
Any recalibration vids out there?