• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Just hit level 30 after 23 hours of game time. Felt like I took my time too haha.
I just hit 17 at 3 days. I may suck at this game. Some nights I just wander the streets looking for trouble. I find missions a bit stressful and a big time commitment solo, while just wandering around feels oh so good. Kind of has me tempted to pick up Wildlands for more open world shenanigans.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Do I need to do the quest to reveal the hidden vendor again when she moves? I don't see her on the map...

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying the clothing options suck but me and my Canadian Tuxedo say, "You're wrong."

39hz2NN.png

Yeah, it may have inspired me to change my hair and mustache to something closer to Zap Rowsdower, what of it?
tbh I think there should be an option to hide your vest, backpack, and knee pads so you can actually see your characters clothing better. let you pick which one you want to hide too in case another piece of gear compliments the look too.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you want to see the boring clothing in this game? The gear is the only part that actually looks interesting.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys use the yellow line to get places? Also, how do bounties work? I get some from projects but never did them. Can I still do it later or something, even if the time runs out?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
tbh I think there should be an option to hide your vest, backpack, and knee pads so you can actually see your characters clothing better. let you pick which one you want to hide too in case another piece of gear compliments the look too.

That will never happen, especially for backpacks because of the way weapons are holstered. The way they've designed the cosmetics and customisation in this game is terrible and will probably never be "fixed". Having a visual representation of pretty much everything you're carrying is part of the core aesthetics of the game which is cool on paper but not good for customisation. Having "vanity" items separate from actual gear doesn't work at all because there's always going to be a massive clash between your actual vest and your "shirt". They should have just put more visual variety in the gear and a transmog system in the first place instead of making 2 separate sections that don't work with each other.

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love that, especially because I noticed there's some sort of design peeking out from the edges of the vest and I'd like to know what it is. Heck, somebody spent time working on the jacket, and I can't see what it is? Of course I'd turn all the armor off, because seriously, full denim.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten to a point in the game where because I've been trying to stick to the build I've got and only upgrading pieces if I think it works better for me, I'm mostly stuck at 475GS and tossing out gear by the truckload. Only that's becoming a bigger and bigger chore as I try to get a handle on what talents I've got stored on what types of gear/weapons and trying to make sure I keep one of each, plus making sure I don't throw out too much high-GS stuff because then it'll tank the quality of my drops as well and I can't really afford that. I don't really know what the solution is but it makes me want to throw my whole inventory out the window. I might split the difference and toss out all my skill mods because they've been 99% useless for me for the past 100 hours of gameplay. I barely even use skills at this point.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have the textures fail to load on a One X? I've had this happen multiple times now. At least the framerate jumps way up..

D4FP-DLWkAAskGr.jpg:large

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Man I'm getting tired of the low GS items drop. I'm over 500GS and I still get drops that range from 475GS to 494. I barely get anything at 500GS.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I'm 502 with the build I want but only cause I had to recalibrate a lot of stuff to even make the items 500 or above as almost nothing drops with 500 tag for me.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
I've gotten to a point in the game where because I've been trying to stick to the build I've got and only upgrading pieces if I think it works better for me, I'm mostly stuck at 475GS and tossing out gear by the truckload. Only that's becoming a bigger and bigger chore as I try to get a handle on what talents I've got stored on what types of gear/weapons and trying to make sure I keep one of each, plus making sure I don't throw out too much high-GS stuff because then it'll tank the quality of my drops as well and I can't really afford that. I don't really know what the solution is but it makes me want to throw my whole inventory out the window. I might split the difference and toss out all my skill mods because they've been 99% useless for me for the past 100 hours of gameplay. I barely even use skills at this point.
you should really just wear higher gs stuff and get up to 500 first then atleast when youre 500 the item drops are aroound the 490 range for highend stuff. only save purple if they got a specific high attribute stats or talent you want for recab.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
you should really just wear higher gs stuff and get up to 500 first then atleast when youre 500 the item drops are aroound the 490 range for highend stuff. only save purple if they got a specific high attribute stats or talent you want for recab.

I mean, sure, but I just can't take the short-term pain that would cause. Like, I'm not giving up Patience ever, I'm sorry, I just can't do it. I might just have to spend some time with the recal bench, I suppose.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, sure, but I just can't take the short-term pain that would cause. Like, I'm not giving up Patience ever, I'm sorry, I just can't do it. I might just have to spend some time with the recal bench, I suppose.

Just keep the highest level items you find in your inventory. You don't need to equip the higher score items for them to affect your drops from what I understand. This has worked for me since I started doing it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

You don't need to equip the gs500 items for items to drop higher.

When it comes to loot dropping, you are already at gs500 if you have a ser of gs500 items in your collection.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
Just keep the highest level items you find in your inventory. You don't need to equip the higher score items for them to affect your drops from what I understand. This has worked for me since I started doing it.
You don't need to equip the gs500 items for items to drop higher.

When it comes to loot dropping, you are already at gs500 if you have a ser of gs500 items in your collection.
ppl and site all say that and i did try that for a while and guess what, as soon i wear a higher gs gear and the gs on the menu screen show higher gs, i get higher gs stuff.

i was in chrom shoe two week ago and not letting go off my better gear, especially the weap i got. bought high gs (470ish) armors and got drops for weap type i dont like. didnt wear them but kept in inventory. my gs was shown 460 and my drops was dropping around 460 (+or-2 range) but if i wear all higher gs, my gs will be 464. thing was rarely dropping 464 (why aint it dropping 470+ eh?) until i did wear it. mind you the loot drop pain they did when introducing wt5.

back before the loot nerf, you can easily get rain of loot but now its much slower. which means gimping the gs is worse, with low gs rng to hope they drop higher gs stuff and added to the rng of the drops now having a chance to be lower than your gs compare to back before patch that nothing will drop below your gs? :(

astro

Oct 25, 2017
ppl and site all say that and i did try that for a while and guess what, as soon i wear a higher gs gear and the gs on the menu screen show higher gs, i get higher gs stuff.

i was in chrom shoe two week ago and not letting go off my better gear, especially the weap i got. bought high gs armors and got drops for weap type i dont like. didnt wear them but kept in inventory. my gs was shown 460 and my drops was dropping around 460 (+or-2 range) but if i wear all higher gs, my gs will be 464. thing was rarely dropping 464 until i did wear it. mind you the loot drop pain they did when introducing wt5.

back before the loot nerf, you can easily get rain of loot but now its much slower. which means gimping the gs is worse, with low gs rng to hope they drop higher gs stuff and added to the rng of the drops now having a chance to be lower than your gs compare to back before patch that nothing will drop below your gs? :(
Confirmation bias. You do not need to equip it.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
specialization ammo drops constantly again now? what are you talking about?
just last night everyone in my group got 2-3 ammo per encounter in the missions we were doing

It is still broken for some people. I've gone 3 entire missions without a drop. I'd love to get even 1 per encounter but at best I've gotten maybe 3 or 4 throughout a whole mission. And that only happened probably once.

I'm not getting anything.

Are you on PC? Seems to be the platform most of the people with this problem are on.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
specialization ammo drops constantly again now? what are you talking about?
just last night everyone in my group got 2-3 ammo per encounter in the missions we were doing

I just don't see the point of spec ammo being a conditional drop. Guess it's meant to make sure you play to your spec's strenghts but it's honestly not fun at all. Put one in each resupply box or drop one for every elite you down or, hell, put it on a cooldown... the randomness is just excruciating and makes people reluctant to play their special abilities.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Logged on for a bit last night and did a string of bounties with a group. We just rolled through so many and got so much loot. Then at the end they both dropped even more loot for me to pick up so that was great.

Got Unstoppable Force, Patience and Efficient activated at the mo'. I tried Compensated but it didn't seem worth gimping my attack attributes/crit for in the end.

Anyone else find the stats screen is a bit messed up? I have mods that boost armour regen/s and armour on kill yet when I look at those values in the stats they are both zero...

i was in chrom shoe two week ago and not letting go off my better gear, especially the weap i got. bought high gs (470ish) armors and got drops for weap type i dont like. didnt wear them but kept in inventory. my gs was shown 460 and my drops was dropping around 460 (+or-2 range) but if i wear all higher gs, my gs will be 464. thing was rarely dropping 464 (why aint it dropping 470+ eh?) until i did wear it. mind you the loot drop pain they did when introducing wt5.

Well, the level raising does slow down in WT5. But as I said, I had a similar issue but since I've been keep the highest level items in my inventory my level for drops has been steadily rising.

Last edited:

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
This game has some awesome touches. I was just running around and there was a friendly relaxing, leaning against a tree, playing the harmonica. I really love this game. Even though I am only level 20 :P

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
Logged on for a bit last night and did a string of bounties with a group. We just rolled through so many and got so much loot. Then at the end they both dropped even more loot for me to pick up so that was great.

Got Unstoppable Force, Patience and Efficient activated at the mo'. I tried Compensated but it didn't seem worth gimping my attack attributes/crit for in the end.

Anyone else find the stats screen is a bit messed up? I have mods that boost armour regen/s and armour on kill yet when I look at those values in the stats they are both zero...

Well, the level raising does slow down in WT5. But as I said, I had a similar issue but since I've been keep the highest level items in my inventory my level for drops has been steadily rising.
well didnt say having in the inventory wont raise, it just not a big jump. tho if its slowly raising, doesnt it feel having it in your inventory means it didnt do much? question, how much high gs are they dropping relative to your gs shown on menu base from equiped gears? and how much gs will it boost you if you equip it? +3 or 4 more gs? maybe try a few mission after that and see what gs loot drop relative to your higher gs equiped?

I can't for the life of me get over 452 GS. Nothing drops higher than that haha.

What should I be doing? Missions on challeging?
check vendor/clan vendor. as soon i got to wt5, i checked those and bought a couple 460ish gs pcs to boost my gs quick.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is special ammo still bugged? Ran a mission this morning and nothing at all dropped for me or my group.

damn it must really be fucked for some people

shit's dropping like snow for me. i get at least two to three per room in a mission

maybe switch out specializations and switch back, then respec and reactivate the ammo perk

might kick things back, really hope they sort it out i use my crossbow a lot would sukc not to

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So I am at the settlement and looking at the "Check progress" and nothing is unlocked. In order to do it, are those the main missions? I have not really figured out the flow here.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Whats up with Tidal Basin...? it seems broken or something,like Odea store was for a while...all those objectives on timers and non stop wave after wave of ennemies...tried in a duo,failed,trio was the closest we got but died at the last part I think...then I tried with 4 players,none of them had mics of course,this is on PS4, and it was a complete mess lol,and this is on Story,I cant imagine doing this crap on challenging ;)...they could at least checkpoint you after 2 waves or the first or second time you beat one of their stupid timers...what an awful,disappointing Mission.

Wrynnax

Oct 29, 2017
First time in the dark zone after the tutorial mission and I netted an epic assault rifle and backpack. My lvl 14 is mowing down npc's now!
Think I'll have a visit every level now!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Whats up with Tidal Basin...? it seems broken or something,like Odea store was for a while...all those objectives on timers and non stop wave after wave of ennemies...tried in a duo,failed,trio was the closest we got but died at the last part I think...then I tried with 4 players,none of them had mics of course,this is on PS4, and it was a complete mess lol,and this is on Story,I cant imagine doing this crap on challenging ;)...they could at least checkpoint you after 2 waves or the first or second time you beat one of their stupid timers...what an awful,disappointing Mission.
We duo, three man or four man it on challenge and it's just a regular mission. There isn't anything really special about it and the timers are like 3 minutes long.
it's a really fun, kinda varied mission with the timers kinda in a small way putting some pressure on you for once to do something. You can get the rocket launcher really easy though, tons of angles to shoot the boxes or of course you can just make it easy and use oxidizer on them from afar.

Really not sure why you keep saying the mission is bad or hard.
Fault seems to lie with the user in this case.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
well didnt say having in the inventory wont raise, it just not a big jump. tho if its slowly raising, doesnt it feel having it in your inventory means it didnt do much? question, how much high gs are they dropping relative to your gs shown on menu base from equiped gears? and how much gs will it boost you if you equip it? +3 or 4 more gs? maybe try a few mission after that and see what gs loot drop relative to your higher gs equiped?

I'm pretty sure it did because I was only getting drops at my level. Then I read about it on here and starting keeping a few highest level pieces and the level of the drops jumped pretty much straight away. I'm careful with upgrading and only do if it brings a meaningful boost and my level is just going up steadily. I'm at about 498 now and seeing 500+.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
We duo, three man or four man it on challenge and it's just a regular mission. There isn't anything really special about it and the timers are like 3 minutes long.
it's a really fun, kinda varied mission with the timers kinda in a small way putting some pressure on you for once to do something. You can get the rocket launcher really easy though, tons of angles to shoot the boxes or of course you can just make it easy and use oxidizer on them from afar.

Really not sure why you keep saying the mission is bad or hard.
Fault seems to lie with the user in this case.

I explained it twice why I think its annoying...you like the timers because it adds something for you,to me its the opposite...and I tried this with at least 30 people so far and failed...it also takes forever to get a party going,probably because no one wants to redo that mission once they did it once...you have no time to clear all the ennemies before the timers expire,multiple times.We did some bounties on challenging and some other missions on hard and never had a huge problem like in this mission,except for maybe the Roosevelt fuel tanks part.

Thanks for the tips though,I will keep trying ;)