• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I explained it twice why I think its annoying...you like the timers because it adds something for you,to me its the opposite...and I tried this with at least 30 people so far and failed...it also takes forever to get a party going,probably because no one wants to redo that mission once they did it once...you have no time to clear all the ennemies before the timers expire,multiple times.We did some bounties on challenging and some other missions on hard and never had a huge problem like in this mission,except for maybe the Roosevelt fuel tanks part.

Thanks for the tips though,I will keep trying ;)
You are doing this on story difficulty you said, correct?
Like, sorry, I can't even fathom how you can not beat the encounter. If your build is even slightly properly made you should be able to literally run around in the open and punch enemies to death on story difficulty.
I am really, 100% baffled.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what to do here as I have a 493 GS M60 with Unhinged that does about 25K base damage which absolutely shreds and I also have a 499 GS M60 that only does 21K base damage but has a +15 Handling perk. I was thinking about transferring the Unhinged perk to to the 499 GS one to take advantage of the increased handling but not sure it's worth it overall given the decrease in damage output. It's probably a wash overall if I'm landing a few more shots here or there. I'm already using some +handling mods on armor to negate the Unhinged perk and I really don't have much trouble with it.

Edit: I'm a moron sometimes, I guess I could just transfer the +15 Handling perk to the 493 GS one.

Oct 27, 2017
I explained it twice why I think its annoying...you like the timers because it adds something for you,to me its the opposite...and I tried this with at least 30 people so far and failed...it also takes forever to get a party going,probably because no one wants to redo that mission once they did it once...you have no time to clear all the ennemies before the timers expire,multiple times.We did some bounties on challenging and some other missions on hard and never had a huge problem like in this mission,except for maybe the Roosevelt fuel tanks part.

Thanks for the tips though,I will keep trying ;)
Are you talking about the last part on Tidal Basin? If so you have to shoot the rocket launcher thingy's. They each have two weak spots in red. You have to do this to 3 different ones I believe. That's what the timer is counting down for and the timer resets after taking each one down.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Not sure what to do here as I have a 493 GS M60 with Unhinged that does about 25K base damage which absolutely shreds and I also have a 499 GS M60 that only does 21K base damage but has a +15 Handling perk. I was thinking about transferring the Unhinged perk to to the 499 GS one to take advantage of the increased handling but not sure it's worth it overall given the decrease in damage output. It's probably a wash overall if I'm landing a few more shots here or there. I'm already using some +handling mods on armor to negate the Unhinged perk and I really don't have much trouble with it.

Look for an m60 with allegro or extra as the second perk with higher base damage. Either black market or military variant for the muzzle mod slot. Holstered perk isn't really important, but mine has greased which is nice as I constantly change to my smg with strained or my liberty pistol.

Edit: Also keep in mind the weapon tooltips are really buggy and depending on what you equip the numbers for damage and fire rate will jump around and report incorrectly.

Last edited:

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Are you talking about the last part on Tidal Basin? If so you have to shoot the rocket launcher thingy's. They each have two weak spots in red. You have to do this to 3 different ones I believe. That's what the timer is counting down for and the timer resets after taking each one down.

Yep and its 3 spots on each(2 on each side and one on top) but they dont show you that at first,they only show you the whole Launcher...if you fail,the first one you need to do might not be the same one,so that threw us off a bit,plus it was pouring rain,not sure if its always like that, but it makes it a little harder the first time around to see the spots...now I know what to do but still,you need a few wipes to figure it out.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
btw i notice sometime the enemy bleeds but me and my friend duos and dont got any talent that does that. is there like a hidden % that makes enemy bleed?

there is specilzation perk that aid party to get their spec ammo too

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep and its 3 spots on each(2 on each side and one on top) but they dont show you that at first,they only show you the whole Launcher...if you fail,the first one you need to do might not be the same one,so that threw us off a bit,plus it was pouring rain,not sure if its always like that, but it makes it a little harder the first time around to see the spots...now I know what to do but still,you need a few wipes to figure it out.

The poison shell (cant recall the name) for the chem launcher will hit all the launchers weak points with one shot, so you can sit in cover and use that (takes two shots) if you are having trouble with the timed phase.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
The poison shell (cant recall the name) for the chem launcher will hit all the launchers weak points with one shot, so you can sit in cover and use that (takes two shots) if you are having trouble with the timed phase.
oxidizer. ppl at low tier lv should look out for chem launcher ammo mod. its stil quite hard to find any mod at wt5 to find lower skill req :(

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Have to ask, you're killing in the right way for each type to drop right?

Yes. Sharpshooter so headshots and I'm seeing the the recorded extra headshot XP after encounters. 3 missions and nothing today. I've switched specialization, redone my points, multiple logins. About to do my 4th mission now and see what happens.

Edit: ok I'm done. In one combat encounter in my 4th mission of the day I had 9 registered headshot kills and no special ammo. That was also my 3rd attempt of the day to complete this invades mission because the other 2 had progression breaking bugs.

Last edited:

QP3

Oct 27, 2017
Jumping back into console gaming after a few year hiatus. Bought the Division 2 Xbox bundle on sale. Pretty excited!

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Over 2mil dps with (0 crit chance) my Assault Rifle without Unstoppable Force active. I could go higher than that but I would have to add more hard hitting and more red weapon damage atts but I like my talents so it will stay the way it is. Currently running 3-8-8 (red, blue, yellow) cause I want to use seeker mines as I got some nice mods for them and they work really nice with on the ropes. 255K armor, 50K health, 2300 skill power.

46885026234_859dd3a7c1_h.jpg

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Any explanation here for me please?

In order to do it...? do what...? you should be able to do side missions or something or you have to find the people first that will open up the crafting bench lets say etc etc...when you are at the settlement,do you have the orange ! in the bottom left corner telling you what to do...? also discover some safe houses and look at the computer which will tell you what you have to do in each district...?

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
All safe house doors are shut. As are critical mission doors. I cannot progress in the game. I have restarted my console and hard booted several times. Am I totally screwed?

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Ran my first level 4 control point yesterday, noamlly I just solo to level 3 for the blue print and clear it but after completing the daily with randos we just went on abit of a rampage and before we new it we were clearing a level 4 CP.

Shit was intense and probably the best experience I've had in the game so far. It took a while, started in day time and finished in darkness, a resource convoy decided to invade the party and then a god damn black tusk recon chopper decided to shred us as well the Outcasts around us! Was absolutely mega, got it cleared in the end with afew deaths and fast travels to one and other along the way with plenty of decent loot too.

I've seen they're talking about nerfing aspects of level 4 control points and solo I can understand why but in a disorganised, non communicating group like us it was challenging but nothing out of the ordinary. Hope it stays as it is.

daevv

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know the time when the occupied Dark Zone switches? Eastern Time or some other time. Thanks!

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Over 2mil dps with (0 crit chance) my Assault Rifle without Unstoppable Force active. I could go higher than that but I would have to add more hard hitting and more red weapon damage atts but I like my talents so it will stay the way it is. Currently running 3-8-8 (red, blue, yellow) cause I want to use seeker mines as I got some nice mods for them and they work really nice with on the ropes. 255K armor, 50K health, 2300 skill power.

46885026234_859dd3a7c1_h.jpg

Which AR+Talent are you using? Ive been putting together a similar build and shooting for a CTAR with Optimist and UF+OtR+Compensated on my gear. Unfortunately, Ive had no luck with AR drops and slapped together a LMG version in the mean time.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

I've done Tidal Basin twice now solo, and have only ever seen two weak spots. Dunno if they add a third one for groups but I can't imagine why they would do that.

If you're running with multiple people, maybe try running only as a duo or solo? (I guess solo if you don't have a friend to duo with, hard to set that up with randoms). That should reduce the pressure on you from enemies. I found it pretty trivial to run around in the open as a solo player, as long as you're smart about finding cover when you need it. Keeping your distance should be pretty easy too, you should be able to run around in the back of the arena mostly unopposed.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
So I am at the settlement and looking at the "Check progress" and nothing is unlocked. In order to do it, are those the main missions? I have not really figured out the flow here.

Are you just starting out? Yes, main missions will unlock settlement progress. Specifically, you're looking for settlement missions--there are two types of main missions, ones that give you SHD tech and ones that upgrade your settlement. The map will tell you which is which when you hover over the mission marker. I made the mistake initially of not knowing there was a difference, so if you find yourself finishing a mission and still not unlocking settlement upgrades that's probably the reason.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Which AR+Talent are you using? Ive been putting together a similar build and shooting for a CTAR with Optimist and UF+OtR+Compensated on my gear. Unfortunately, Ive had no luck with AR drops and slapped together a LMG version in the mean time.

I use G36 cause game simply won't drop anything else for me lol I use optimist and allegro on it. I use compensated, on the ropes, unstoppable force and patience.

Last edited:

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Been playing this with Neutral Lighting turned On. Wow. With thunderstorms and Volumetric Fog at Max the game oozes atmosphere, quite literally. The weather effects in the game are really pretty good. Apart from my only quibble being the occasionally dodgy enemy placements/spawning I can't really be too critical of the game at all. Plenty to do, lots to tinker with. Hours of fun.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Fill'Er up and On the Ropes are great.

With Fill'Er up just empty LMG then swap to AR and empty that ,then swap back to full LMG. Repeat.

What are Unmarked SHD Supplies rewards from projects?

Last edited:

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got to 456 GS. Almost done! I really liked Tidal Basin minus the last timed part. Timed shit isn't cool.

Oh and I tried Conflict....it's hot garbage.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Are you just starting out? Yes, main missions will unlock settlement progress. Specifically, you're looking for settlement missions--there are two types of main missions, ones that give you SHD tech and ones that upgrade your settlement. The map will tell you which is which when you hover over the mission marker. I made the mistake initially of not knowing there was a difference, so if you find yourself finishing a mission and still not unlocking settlement upgrades that's probably the reason.

I think that's it! Thanks!

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
You only need to keep your highest GS stuff in your inventory and don't have to actually equip it??? God what have I been doing with my life... It would be nice if the game said that somewhere, I could've saved myself a lot of headaches.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
They definitely upped the difficulty on the last encounter of Tidal Basin. Ran it on hard this morning and it took my group 4 tries to finish it.

Also - tried out the LVOA today since I can't for the life of me get a good MK17 drop. LVOA is actually not bad! I like the bigger mag size. Only downside is firing the gun requires a shitload of clicking.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
So when Sekiro came out I took a break from D2 in order to play it. Finished Sekiro last night and came back to D2 (on PC) and now matchmaking is basically useless. I'm halfway through the story and I can't find a single soul to play a story mission with. Did the community drop off that quickly or is everyone just doing endgame stuff now?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
I've done Tidal Basin twice now solo, and have only ever seen two weak spots. Dunno if they add a third one for groups but I can't imagine why they would do that.

If you're running with multiple people, maybe try running only as a duo or solo? (I guess solo if you don't have a friend to duo with, hard to set that up with randoms). That should reduce the pressure on you from enemies. I found it pretty trivial to run around in the open as a solo player, as long as you're smart about finding cover when you need it. Keeping your distance should be pretty easy too, you should be able to run around in the back of the arena mostly unopposed.

You are right,my mistake,there are 2 on each...anyway,finally made it, grouped with 2 persons with mics so that helped a lot and after 3 tries,we did it...

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
They've certainly upped the ante on the drones from Div1!

200+ hours in the game and I've never seen that drone 0_o

Is there a place to find it or is it just random?
what the fuck, 120 hours and i have never seen this

Wait, really?

In WT1-WT4, there are a few that run routes in various districts. One ran a patrol surrounding the Campus, and there was another that would do a loop along one of the highways by Foggy Bottom. I know there was one on the east side too, but I don't remember which district specifically (Judiciary Square?). Weirdly, I was going to say that I haven't seen a single one since hitting WT5, but I think that's because districts aren't really invaded anymore unless you still have weekly invasion missions to run (and I'm not sure it's the same as when those districts were initially invaded in WT1).

Also: yo shoot the red propeller mounts, those are weak points too!

Also also: you can actually see one of the drones up close in a tent just before the first antiviral container in Tidal Basin. I didn't try shooting it to see if the weakpoints exploded, though.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So when Sekiro came out I took a break from D2 in order to play it. Finished Sekiro last night and came back to D2 (on PC) and now matchmaking is basically useless. I'm halfway through the story and I can't find a single soul to play a story mission with. Did the community drop off that quickly or is everyone just doing endgame stuff now?

I haven't had any problem getting groups from 27 to GS 456 the last week and a half. I think I had to wait 5 minutes once at worst?

Are you very low level?

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
200+ hours in the game and I've never seen that drone 0_o

Is there a place to find it or is it just random?
what the fuck, 120 hours and i have never seen this

It was my first time too lol!
I've read they only appear in the invaded area of the map and will be a ? on the map. This was West End after clearing Federal Emergency Bunker.

Ended up being 2 in the same day as one jumped in the party when a group of randoms and I was clearing a level 4 control point. Actually helped us as it cleared out some Outcasts too:)

Video should start just before it spawns:

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Also: yo shoot the red propeller mounts, those are weak points too!

Also also: you can actually see one of the drones up close in a tent just before the first antiviral container in Tidal Basin. I didn't try shooting it to see if the weakpoints exploded, though.

Awesome thanks, I was more in a panic thinking wtf is this the first time than actually looking for weak points hits :)

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
They definitely upped the difficulty on the last encounter of Tidal Basin. Ran it on hard this morning and it took my group 4 tries to finish it.

Also - tried out the LVOA today since I can't for the life of me get a good MK17 drop. LVOA is actually not bad! I like the bigger mag size. Only downside is firing the gun requires a shitload of clicking.
doesnt feel like it. probably you havent tried thr harder difficulty with 4man when TB launched?

I rember that TB patch weekend, my friends already cleared it once so they were helping me clear it and I just change it to challenge mode for the kicks. :<
we all were wearing unoptimize gears, just mainly gears for gs 500. lol it was tough but the main concern was the robodogs just 1shotting us with the snipe. we went at it for 4 hrs just trying to clear the last area. I just up and just left for dinner and one of my friend just went at it for another 2hrs lol. the other two quit but rejoined and finally cleared. those 2 that rejoined got ptsd and will not join challenge mode for a while, even after me and my friend (the friend that stayed and went at it for 2 more hrs) were dps spec'ed now.

We've both been duoing challenge for a week now. Now even we both felt duo'ing is too easy due to not enough enemy so couple days ago we start matchmaking to get a full party going so that more enemy spawn. friend said, if the pug are bad it will make up for a better challenge. LOL

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
doesnt feel like it. probably you havent tried thr harder difficulty with 4man when TB launched?

I rember that TB patch weekend, my friends already cleared it once so they were helping me clear it and I just change it to challenge mode for the kicks. :<
we all were wearing unoptimize gears, just mainly gears for gs 500. lol it was tough but the main concern was the robodogs just 1shotting us with the snipe. we went at it for 4 hrs just trying to clear the last area. I just up and just left for dinner and one of my friend just went at it for another 2hrs lol. the other two quit but rejoined and finally cleared. those 2 that rejoined got ptsd and will not join challenge mode for a while, even after me and my friend (the friend that stayed and went at it for 2 more hrs) were dps spec'ed now.

We've both been duoing challenge for a week now. Now even we both felt duo'ing is too easy due to not enough enemy so couple days ago we start matchmaking to get a full party going so that more enemy spawn. friend said, if the pug are bad it will make up for a better challenge. LOL
The obvious next step step when they come back is to do Roosevelt Island on challenging. 💀

I just got a decently rolled P416. Gonna use it for a while until I can find a god roll ACR-E. That gun is just unbeatable in accuracy and stability. Having lots of fun with my AR + skills build atm. Not optimized yet (and I'm nog sure what gear to go after), but having skills on a low cooldown is great. I'm rocking a 10 seconds cooldown Pulse with the Spotter perk on the helmet for the 10% damage increase for my teammates and a Defender Drone on a 13 seconds cooldown (6 seconds when I manually disable it) to be invincible for half a minute. I'm still trying to get that duration up, but gotta find to right gear pieces with Capacity on it. Prolly can crack the 40+ seconds with another Capacity increase.