• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
The pulse was the first skill I tried (it was awesome in TD1) but it sucked balls, has it been buffed or will I need specific gear to make it worthwhile?

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
The obvious next step step when they come back is to do Roosevelt Island on challenging. 💀

I just got a decently rolled P416. Gonna use it for a while until I can find a god roll ACR-E. That gun is just unbeatable in accuracy and stability. Having lots of fun with my AR + skills build atm. Not optimized yet (and I'm nog sure what gear to go after), but having skills on a low cooldown is great. I'm rocking a 10 seconds cooldown Pulse with the Spotter perk on the helmet for the 10% damage increase for my teammates and a Defender Drone on a 13 seconds cooldown (6 seconds when I manually disable it) to be invincible for half a minute. I'm still trying to get that duration up, but gotta find to right gear pieces with Capacity on it. Prolly can crack the 40+ seconds with another Capacity increase.
I have yet found any P416 that can beat my pretty good roll SOCOM mk16. The only AR that can beat the roll is an AKM but I cannot for my life find extended mag for this AR. the mk16 i have is my current best AR with the +10mag.

me and my friend already beat RI challenge, invaded and non invade on duo. need to do it in 4 man.

Last friday, we tried duo'ing lincoln memorial on heroic. God the reds are so spongey. My gears was spec'ed to kill elites, so reds and veteran takes a clip or 2 to kill but in heroic it takes like nearly 3 clip for red. i was out of ammo quick on just the beginning fight. 2nd area, more tough.
doesnt help that the enemy ai is still super aggresive make it hard to stay in cover and with the limited option for covers in the beginning.

think I need to make another build that is gear more toward weap dmg instead of dmg to elite for heroic.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Dumb question: can I only share equipment when I'm group leader? I tried giving some weapons to a buddy who just started the game and the option to drop the item was greyed out/not possible. I was level 24 or something at the time, he was level 8 or 9 at the time. I was trying to give him something level 14 I think for use down the line.

whooter

Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question: can I only share equipment when I'm group leader? I tried giving some weapons to a buddy who just started the game and the option to drop the item was greyed out/not possible. I was level 24 or something at the time, he was level 8 or 9 at the time. I was trying to give him something level 14 I think for use down the line.

You shouldn't have to be. The item needs to have the little left/right arrows on the top left, though, I believe. If it doesn't have that, it's not tradeable.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
The pulse was the first skill I tried (it was awesome in TD1) but it sucked balls, has it been buffed or will I need specific gear to make it worthwhile?

The only way to make them worthwhile is investing through SP and some of the skill mods for Pulse (Radius, for instance).

However, that kind of investment is better off for DPS builds since SP and skill builds are in a pretty bad state

Its best waiting for Massive to fix the skills at base level

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
he has to be present when the gear drop thus making it shareable. any gear you have already before he join cant be shared. and it doesnt matter who's lead or not for the gear to be shareable. it only matter who's world it is so that it drop x lv or x wt gs stuff.

Cyros

Oct 27, 2017
Hello. I just hit level 30 and I'm through 2 of the initial 3 Strongholds. What becomes my gameplay/advancement loop after I finish the 3rd Stronghold and unlock the ability to go through World Tiers?

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
he has to be present when the gear drop thus making it shareable. any gear you have already before he join cant be shared. and it doesnt matter who's lead or not for the gear to be shareable. it only matter who's world it is so that it drop x lv or x wt gs stuff.

Ah, I didn't know that. Too bad, then I can't share some older stuff with him.

OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I used match-making Friday night and ended up partying with some bros from the dirty south and ended up playing until 4am. It's rare to party up with a bunch of randos fully mic'd up, but we ran through a bunch of side missions and had some fun leveling up and trying to stay alive. Scrub mode was in full effect. Nothing beats running out to get that perfect flame turret placement, just to get absolutely destroyed immediately upon throwing it.

"Cornbread baby, what u 'doin'"

prefect tone, pacing, was hilarious..

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Hello. I just hit level 30 and I'm through 2 of the initial 3 Strongholds. What becomes my gameplay/advancement loop after I finish the 3rd Stronghold and unlock the ability to go through World Tiers?
U will automatically go to World Tier 1 after finishing the third Stronghold. To advance through the World Tiers (up to WT5), u gotta do the invaded missions + corresponding Strongholds where u fight the Black Tusk. U will go up a World Tier after ever Stronghold completion.

PowerK

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've been playing The Division 2 immensely since the launch on XBOX One X. This game definitely is one of the very best looter shooters out there.

I like the Dev added Neutral Lighting in Graphics option. It's a great option to have. Especially at night (in-game time), Neutral Lighting provides very nice improvements.

However, during daytime (in-game time), I think the Neutral Lighting reduces lighting too aggressively that it defeats the purpose of HDR scenery. (Tonemapping to aggressively it seems).

I'm sure there are people like me who likes Neutral Lighting ON for in-game evening/night while Neutral Lighting OFF for in-game daytime.

Can we have such feature/option implemented?

I think implementing this shouldn't be too much work for developers. Similar to how Night Shift (blue light filter) feature is implemented on iOS under Settings -> Display & Brightness.

For example, an adjustable option with Neutral Lighting OFF from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM (in-game time) and Neutral Lighting ON from 8:00 PM until 6:00 AM.

The last but not least, this game does not provide any onscreen reference picture for adjusting brightness and/or HDR luminance. Can this be fixed, too?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You'll need to get your GS to a certain level and then complete the Black Tusk "Invaded" missions and Strongholds including the 4th Stronghold which doesn't become available until WT4.

Once you reach WT5 advancement is basically optimizing your gear and doing Challenging and Hard daily missions.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So... I just finished grinding for the Hard Wired Project, got the blueprints and I have to grind the exact same materials again to craft?

LostCanuck

Oct 27, 2017
I hit lvl30 over the weekend and received the tutorial about the Apparel Cache event. I saw someone mention earlier in the thread that there is a weekly Project for some Apparel keys that you can find when you open the map and go to your Projects section. I don't see anything listed there other than some leftover Bounties Projects I haven't completed yet. Anyone offer some assistance on what I'm missing here?

The tutorial also mentioned getting keys through other events and Field Proficiency caches. I finished off some Story and Side quests and received 2 more Field Proficiency caches and have yet to receive a key. Are the keys that rare?

Thanks in advance.

Cyros

Oct 27, 2017
You'll need to get your GS to a certain level and then complete the Black Tusk "Invaded" missions and Strongholds including the 4th Stronghold which doesn't become available until WT4.

Once you reach WT5 advancement is basically optimizing your gear and doing Challenging and Hard daily missions.
U will automatically go to World Tier 1 after finishing the third Stronghold. To advance through the World Tiers (up to WT5), u gotta do the invaded missions + corresponding Strongholds where u fight the Black Tusk. U will go up a World Tier after ever Stronghold completion.

Thank you, seems simple enough.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Am I missing something or is crafting completely pointless? The level range is 450 - 490 so why would I ever use it?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Holy shit this new stronghold is good. I hosted as a 460+ for a bunch of new players 420-450. I felt like what an actor in a war movie must feel like calling out flanks and such. What an amazing encounter. The devs of this game should be proud, this game is setting new standards. Destiny 2 seems old, quaint, and frankly just bad in comparison.

Dec 28, 2017
I'm seeing that youtuber influencers have some hard time to adjust to the new TTK (cod style) in division 2. I understand why are so snowflakes and how this new pvp hit them pretty hard. In the past their d1 videos were all about how they kill all the players in the server and repeat this mantra over and over again. Now they get rekt all most instant and specially when play alone and this thing makes them so mad about division 2 pvp. Good riddance, boys.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Is anyone else having more crashes recently? In the last week or so, it seems I hard crash every other time I play the game using DX12, whereas it was perfectly stable before then. I think I had one crash over the course of my first 20 levels, and I had some long sessions during that time. Now I might end up crashing 10 minutes into a session. Due to how checkpoints work, this almost always results in me having to start whatever mission I'm on over from the beginning, and that's NOT fun with strongholds. These crashes also bring my entire computer to a halt, forcing me to reboot.

Apart from that, I suppose there's no workaround for the bug where you can't upgrade your crafting bench right now? I'm on WT2 and have never seen an upgrade for my bench. It's still capped at gear score 200.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Outside of loot, they are COMPLETELY different games. I play both and I play the completely different ways.. There's no comparison to be made past loot, lol.

Are they though? Both involve dropping into coop content in a vaguely multiplayer world. I feel like Destiny failed in every way a game could in that respect while The Division 2 is doing it right.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Over 2mil dps with (0 crit chance) my Assault Rifle without Unstoppable Force active. I could go higher than that but I would have to add more hard hitting and more red weapon damage atts but I like my talents so it will stay the way it is. Currently running 3-8-8 (red, blue, yellow) cause I want to use seeker mines as I got some nice mods for them and they work really nice with on the ropes. 255K armor, 50K health, 2300 skill power.

46885026234_859dd3a7c1_h.jpg
Do you have any video of this being sustained and perhaps an image of your stats? Or do you know of any guides out there with similar builds?

About to begin fully optimizing now and I'm just scraping 1mill with my current build.

I can't see how I can hope to reach double that currently, and I would like to get a bit higher.

Mine hits 1.3 at times, but usually 900k-1mill.

UF safeguard patience
100% DTE
80% HS dmg
And whatever else I could throw in.

475 GS build I've been using while I collect enough parts to assemble something as my main.

OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Are they though? Both involve dropping into coop content in a vaguely multiplayer world. I feel like Destiny failed in every way a game could in that respect while The Division 2 is doing it right.
Destiny/Division
fps/tps
non-tactical/tactical
in yo face/hid behind anything/everything
space/Earth
future/current
Space weapons/current military weapons
Light/blood
Supers/blowing$hit up with bigger guns
sparrows/Walking.... everywhere
Planets/DC
aliens enemies/human enemies
LOOT/LOOT

something like that, yadda, yadda, yadda. they really are nothing alike at all outside of using guns, killing things and grabbing loot.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny/Division
fps/tps
non-tactical/tactical
space/Earth
future/current
Light/blood
Planets/DC
LOOT/LOOT

something like that, yadda, yadda, yadda. they really are nothing alike at all outside of using guns, killing things and grabbing loot.
They are very much alike. Listing the things you did doesn't change that.

They are both mmo-lite GaaS lootshooters. There is ample room for comparison despite there being many surface level differences.

The games have the same loop: shoot waves of enemies to score loot. They do things differently in terms of presentation, but they do support the same fundamental loot shooter base. There are many things TD2 does better to support this loop, imo.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Destiny/Division
fps/tps
non-tactical/tactical
space/Earth
future/current
Light/blood
Planets/DC
LOOT/LOOT

Well, one is sci fit themed and the other is tactical military but they are both looter shooters/shared-world shooters at the end of the day.

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of loot, they are COMPLETELY different games. I play both and I play the completely different ways.. There's no comparison to be made past loot, lol.
Different games yes, but still in the same genre of loot collecting/character progression action games. I gotta admit I far more like the direction of The Division 2 right now compared to vanilla Destiny 2 or the current iteration. I never thought I'd feel so just uninterested in Destiny at any time but that's where I'm at...just zero interesting new content and no new fun/interesting experiences to speak of, for me at least. I'll be back for their next big expansion but the third part of the Annual Pass and the inevitable Triumph's re-hash of content will likely do nothing for me again. I'm actually hoping Halo Infinite is a fresh new take on the Destiny experience in some ways and fills that sci-fi void. Just tired of the mostly pointless Destiny-cycle really.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Do you have any video of this being sustained and perhaps an image of your stats? Or do you know of any guides out there with similar builds?

About to begin fully optimizing now and I'm just scraping 1mill with my current build.

I can't see how I can hope to reach double that currently, and I would like to get a bit higher.

Mine hits 1.3 at times, but usually 900k-1mill.

UF safeguard patience
100% DTE
80% HS dmg
And whatever else I could throw in.

475 GS build I've been using while I collect enough parts to assemble something as my main.

I don't check online builds so not sure what people run but I will shoot you some pictures later on with my gear. You gonna need some generic mods with 6%dmg to your wespon type.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Am I missing something or is crafting completely pointless? The level range is 450 - 490 so why would I ever use it?
It isn't pointless only if you care about the number beside your agent. Items in the 450-490 level will not necessarily be 100% optimal on stat rolls, but neither will 500 drops. There are overlaps in stats on sub 500 drops and 500 drops. It is possible, and often probable, that at least for now, stuff that is lower gear score is actually better. I expect this will change down the road (Division, the first game, made this change based on feedback, and I was surprised it wasn't in at launch - so that a higher gear score item always rolls better stats than one under it).

I mean, crafting takes a lot of resources and there are a lot of variables meaning there's a good chance you won't get what you want...but the gear score number itself doesn't make it pointless.

gambra

Oct 27, 2017
I've made the big mistake of going after Hunter masks in WT5 as I keep getting hit with the "rushing" bug where NPC's misread how much HP/Armour you have and just rush you down instantly with no chance of response. Not much more I can do til it gets patched I guess.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Messing around with an SMG + LMG + Berserk chest Demolition build. Pretty fun. What's a good 1st perk to keep an eye out for on SMGs?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I might actually give up patience now that I have 7 chem ammo and go with different knee pads. I really need holster from OD set with one big skill power number, cause it's the only holster that has two utility slots on it.
It's tough finding those pieces. So many layers of rng.

I'm overly reliant on Safeguard and Patience atm. My solo runs are not getting any faster until I increase TTK with my AR so your insight could be gold to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I've made the big mistake of going after Hunter masks in WT5 as I keep getting hit with the "rushing" bug where NPC's misread how much HP/Armour you have and just rush you down instantly with no chance of response. Not much more I can do til it gets patched I guess.
I somehow just took out the three hunters one on WT5 solo...but couldn't get the 4th one to spawn. So I'm going to have to do it all again (unless there's another way to spawn the Phantom mask one?). Woof. I actually find the rushing to be okay with hunters specifically, as they melt pretty quickly out of cover and can get stunned with critical hits to keep them in place sometimes (the more frustrating thing is when they stay in cover and constantly heal). Just make sure to have the chem heal and revive hive equipped in case you have a momentary lapse.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Destiny/Division
fps/tps
non-tactical/tactical
space/Earth
future/current
Light/blood
Planets/DC
LOOT/LOOT

You're entire list boils down to "One is in Space, One isn't" and that is supposed to make them different?

They are very much the same style of game. They are both looter shooters, they are both designed to be played in groups or with friends, they are both open world, they both have daily and weekly objectives.....

Do you see where you're going wrong here friend?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Destiny/Division
fps/tps
non-tactical/tactical
space/Earth
future/current
Light/blood
Planets/DC
LOOT/LOOT

The Division 2 does it all far better. In a truly coop setting. It's still a pain in the ass trying to play coop in the supposedly coop game of Destiny to this day. Not to mention 99.9% of drops in Destiny are worthless with its gated advancement.

Never thought I'd see a person actually try to defend Destiny.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
It's tough finding those pieces. So many layers of rng.

I'm overly reliant on Safeguard and Patience atm. My solo runs are not getting any faster until I increase TTK with my AR so your insight could be gold to me.

Generic mods man, generic mods. Let's say you run my ideal setup with 10 slots for mods. 10 generic mods with 6% assault rifle damage gives you 60% weapon damage, brand bonus for another 10% AR damage (70%). 12% AR damage on gloves (82%) and 12% weapon dmg on chest or back pack (84%) and compensated for another 15%dmg and you get 99% dmg and you still get to use all the best talents as generic mods take the color of the slot even tho they can be offensive ;) on the top of that you can use another 70% or more dmg to elites and you gonna melt ;)

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I just joined wt1. I have no idea what to do now. Its overwhelming.
The easy route is:
1 - Pick one of the three strongholds you want to take on. Look at which two invaded missions are attached to that.
2 - Complete those two invaded missions, equipping whatever higher level gear you drop. Don't worry if it's not optimal, just equip the biggest number in each slot.
3 - If you are a high enough level, take on the Stronghold. If you aren't, do a couple of random activities until you are.
4 - Complete the stronghold. Advance world tier.

Rinse, repeat until you're at world tier 5. Only then should you really be worrying too much about optimal builds, etc.

derwalde

Oct 28, 2017
The easy route is:
1 - Pick one of the three strongholds you want to take on. Look at which two invaded missions are attached to that.
2 - Complete those two invaded missions, equipping whatever higher level gear you drop. Don't worry if it's not optimal, just equip the biggest number in each slot.
3 - If you are a high enough level, take on the Stronghold. If you aren't, do a couple of random activities until you are.
4 - Complete the stronghold. Advance world tier.

Rinse, repeat until you're at world tier 5. Only then should you really be worrying too much about optimal builds, etc.

That really helps me. Thanks!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Generic mods man, generic mods. Let's say you run my ideal setup with 10 slots for mods. 10 generic mods with 6% assault rifle damage gives you 60% weapon damage, brand bonus for another 10% AR damage (70%). 12% AR damage on gloves (82%) and 12% weapon dmg on chest or back pack (84%) and compensated for another 15%dmg and you get 99% dmg and you still get to use all the best talents as generic mods take the color of the slot even tho they can be offensive ;) on the top of that you can use another 70% or more dmg to elites and you gonna melt ;)
Of course... I was overlooking dmg mods as I'm currently keeping my reds low due to SG.

I did just manage to get my dps up to 1.2 mill with a little optimization as I found a new piece, which I think is good for a more defensive build....

I'll focus on a damage one next with your advice, thanks!