• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
yea im sure im doing it right. Just cant get it to drop.

EDIT: wait, wtf, ive only got 3 parts? Scope, Stock, and Bolt

EDIT2: wow, wtf, I swear I did every single one of the Strongholds each week and got the part from it. I know I did.

So, theres no way to toggle the Invaded Stronghold on the Capital Building? I have to wait for it to be in rotation again?

Yes. You can only toggle invaded missions and stronghold that are invaded that week.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK

You know, I had the same issue with Shorty at the roosevelt strong hold but fortunately realised I'd not got the piece before the rotation.

Apparently it's a known bug where loot is disappearing. This happens when too much loot between 4 players is on the ground and not picked up, the game starts overwriting the earliest loot on the ground . You probably killed Prime early on in the final encounter but then the rest of the npcs dropped a fair bit of loot as you finished the mission and Primes drop disappeared.

This happened to me on roosevelt, Shorty died near the boat, the opposite end to where I was after destroying black tusk supplies. By the time it was complete and I went to the drop, it had gone.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Somehow spaced and didn't pick up the exotic sniper gun piece from invaded Roosevelt Island when it was available. I was all excited doing the Grand Washington Hotel mission, thinking I was going to get the blueprints and then craft that sexy gun. Yeah, no. Damn thing will be nerfed before I ever get the missing piece.
Wait, you can't just set the strongholds to invaded from the world map and play them that way?

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
For anyone who didn't know about loot disappearing due to too many drops in a group of 4, here it is confirmed by a CM:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...ing_exotics_and_boss_drops/ekmy28m/?context=3

It's actually an issue when the group drops too many items as a whole. The game starts removing the ones that are furthest away to preserve memory.

We're working on a fix for this and will try to have it deployed asap.

Until then, I'd strongly recommend picking up important loot as soon as possible and not let it linger on the floor for too long. Or at least make sure you stay closest to the important loot.

However, there's currently a thread where a guy solo had his loot disappear from a boss with only 1 other item on the ground so God knows, just grab it when it drops if possible.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the help at least. I'll just keep my eye on the rotations. I assume it'll be next week or the week after.

The game has been crashing a lot lately. So I wonder if it crashed after I picked it up and just assumed it saved properly. I can't remember if it happened in that stronghold or not, but I'm positive I did the stronghold in its weekly rotation.

Bet by the time I do get it they will have burger it pretty hard lol.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Thanks for the help at least. I'll just keep my eye on the rotations. I assume it'll be next week or the week after.

The game has been crashing a lot lately. So I wonder if it crashed after I picked it up and just assumed it saved properly. I can't remember if it happened in that stronghold or not, but I'm positive I did the stronghold in its weekly rotation.

Bet by the time I do get it they will have burger it pretty hard lol.

You're not the only one, another thread here with that specific part missing:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio..._bug/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Got Nemesis. What a beauty. I love the way this weapon works. I finally have something that makes me want to put down Liberty.

nUhrs6E.png

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
For anyone who didn't know about loot disappearing due to too many drops in a group of 4, here it is confirmed by a CM:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...ing_exotics_and_boss_drops/ekmy28m/?context=3

However, there's currently a thread where a guy solo had his loot disappear from a boss with only 1 other item on the ground so God knows, just grab it when it drops if possible.

Yea this bug sucks and I hope my team mates don't think I'm just a shitty player for running straight to loot but can't risk losing it...

hope they fix it soon

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
People saying signature ammo is dropping for them what spec see you running? As survivor I'm getting around 1 ammo drop a mission.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Man sometime it feels like the enemies in WT5 are ever single elite force group in the world combined into one.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
People saying signature ammo is dropping for them what spec see you running? As survivor I'm getting around 1 ammo drop a mission.
Sounds bugged, I get a ammo drop about maybe every 3rd or 4th enemy I kill. One time a roaming group all dropped ammo when I 1 shot them with my grenade launcher.

So how does gear score work? I have a side arm pistol thats 8k dmg stronger but the gear score is like 50 lower, whats gear score for anyway? I keep thinking its like Destiny where the higher GS score makes me stronger overall so Im willing to just put random high GS stuff until I hit the cap and start min/maxing-actually reading what Im getting then.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So if I have a level 25 and my friend is a level 3 or 4, should I invite him or should I join him? Or should I make a new guy?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if I have a level 25 and my friend is a level 3 or 4, should I invite him or should I join him? Or should I make a new guy?
I played with my friend when he was 4-5 levels under mine when I was level 16, I joined his game so we could advance in his story (thus I had to redo some missions I already did).
AI was at a level near mine, and my friend got virtually boosted to my level or one level under, he also gained XP more quickly and in the end we reached level 30 almost at the same time.

I think it's best to join a lower level has he has less completed mission on his map, so if he joins you he may not do some missions he has to.
But the level difference is quite high, try and see how it runs and if he can handle the leveled-up AI.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I played with my friend when he was 4-5 levels under mine when I was level 16, I joined his game so we could advance in his story (thus I had to redo some missions I already did).
AI was at a level near mine, and my friend got virtually boosted to my level or one level under, he also gained XP more quickly and in the end we reached level 30 almost at the same time.

I think it's best to join a lower level has he has less completed mission on his map, so if he joins you he may not do some missions he has to.
But the level difference is quite high, try and see how it runs and if he can handle the leveled-up AI.

I decided I would just make a second character to use when he is around. This way I can have my main and mule or something? Do you need a mule?

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I heard it's a way to get lower level modules to equip if you have low skill power, as high level modules will require higher skill power. So keep modules for the skill you use on your builds.

Well, maybe my other guy I will keep at 30 when I get there as I level this one up? I dont know. How do you talk to another player in type? I tried /w <name> and it keeps saying player not found?

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I heard it's a way to get lower level modules to equip if you have low skill power, as high level modules will require higher skill power. So keep modules for the skill you use on your builds.

IIRC, the devs are looking into allowing players to craft blue level mods for lower sp requirements than high-end skill mods, so might as well not bother making an alt unless you want more space for hoarding shit and use them as pack mules lol

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I scanned through the last page or two and didn't see anything.

Have they broke the vendors? Every vendor in my game has had the same shit since Tuesday. Iv'e levelled by gear score up to 480 since then but he's still selling the same 460 shit he had last week....

I thought the vendor changed daily but I'm maybe wrong?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017

Have they broke the vendors? Every vendor in my game has had the same shit since Tuesday. Iv'e levelled by gear score up to 480 since then but he's still selling the same 460 shit he had last week....

Vendor never changed daily for me, I think it's always been weekly

What do I need to do to get the exotic sniper?

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017

I occasionally have seen some blueprints (not exotic) show up separate from the reset but I'm not sure what the tirgger for that is.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good, I dunno, written guide on how to get all the exotics? Kinda just wanna collect 'em since I don't feel motivation to do much else atm. Video guides fucking suck ass.

Googling around I keep finding incomplete shit and it's really annoying.

Or I'm bad at finding them. I'm probably bad.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Is there a good, I dunno, written guide on how to get all the exotics? Kinda just wanna collect 'em since I don't feel motivation to do much else atm. Video guides fucking suck ass.

Googling around I keep finding incomplete shit and it's really annoying.

Or I'm bad at finding them. I'm probably bad.

If you're on the discord, all the guides and helpful links are pinned.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I picked the game back up after playing through Sekiro and finally got to the point towards the end where I have to tackle the strongholds. Hopefully my matchmaking woes on PC are over at this point since folks seem to run these more often.