• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Am I missing something here, or are Shotguns garbage in this game? I have a gold one at my current level and it's surprisingly worthless. Takes an entire mag to kill random enemies in the street and has no stopping power whatsoever. Enemies just stroll up to me while I'm dumping into them, while my AR's and MG's stagger them regularly.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing something here, or are Shotguns garbage in this game? I have a gold one at my current level and it's surprisingly worthless. Takes an entire mag to kill random enemies in the street and has no stopping power whatsoever. Enemies just stroll up to me while I'm dumping into them, while my AR's and MG's stagger them regularly.
Yeah shotguns are messed up. Especially in higher difficulties and the melee bonus damage is a joke.

Oct 30, 2017
For some reason, the shotguns suck unless the enemy has it. Then it has the range and impact of a fucking sniper. They are terrible. Dismantle or sell'em.

For those that have done Invasion missions and strongholds on Heroic, how much more difficult is it compared to Challenging? I've beaten every mission on Challenging but am timid to play on Heroic since I remember Div 1 Heroic missions taking me hours to finish.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Shotguns to me feel like a missed opportunity for more direct CC: staggering enemies reliably would be cool.

Winterblink

Oct 26, 2017
Not garbage if you're an NPC. Those veterans who drop turrets love to blast the shit out of me with their sniper shotguns.

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So I'm at gear score 313 but I need to be 325 to do the 2 strongholds, Am I just going to hit control points till I get to 325??

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
So i'm sitting here with 492-495 gear and if I'm guessing right (because I'm shit at looter shooters, RNG or whatever those fancy terms are) I'm going to replay shit over and over again until I get 500 score stuff, right?

So what are my options for doing so? I keep doing missions above Normal settings and still get random ass body armors with 470-480 score. Should I do bounties? Or going straight to PVP Dark Zone? If that's the case then I'm done with the game lol.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
So i'm sitting here with 492-495 gear and if I'm guessing right (because I'm shit at looter shooters, RNG or whatever those fancy terms are) I'm going to replay shit over and over again until I get 500 score stuff, right?

So what are my options for doing so? I keep doing missions above Normal settings and still get random ass body armors with 470-480 score. Should I do bounties? Or going straight to PVP Dark Zone? If that's the case then I'm done with the game lol.
I believe right now the only way to get GS thats above 500 consistently is the Dark Zone. This will be fixed next patch.

Also Divisions Endgame which is where you are now, is a little busted at the moment. Just because it's high gear score doesn't mean it's good, I have 450 and 460 stuff that has things on it that i've yet to see on a 480 or 490. People have been making secondary characters and farming blue mods at level 20~ because they have high +Weapon Damage attributes because Damage Per Second is the best way to build at the moment.

Basically you go and do only challenge level or heroic level stuff. Either Tidal Basin a million times or the Occupied Dark Zone.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018

I avoid the DZ at all cost. I basically did a bunch of bounties and my gear score can be 500, but I decided to use lower level stuff because of the talents and attributes, so I do challenging missions with a gear score of 490. Sure I can equip all my highest gear and be at 500, but my damage would be lower.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking Finally hit WT5.
I have not played any game in the past 10 years as much as I have played this game.
It is insane the amount of hours I have already put in.
Especially since generally speaking I am very much someone who has always enjoyed playing all different types of games and genres.
In fact the main reason it took me so long to hit WT5 the past week or two is I have moved on to playing Days Gone.
I also am generally not into the whole loot based shooter genre. I do just feel like I am chasing a never ending goal.
I am interested in the Raids though.
And my boy who I have literally done every single milestone with since the game has been released (we both hit WT5 tonight) was super damn excited about hitting WT5 and continuing to play.
Part of me feels like my time with D2 might be coming to a close.
The other part of me feels like I have spent this much time with it so it would be stupid to stop playing at this point.
Thing is I do not own the Season Pass and he does. I have no intention of paying for it. I lost my job a few months back and I am still looking. Only reason I was able to pick this game up without catching hell from my wife and not feeling guilty for spending money that can go towards our mortgage is I still had XBox Live points from Christmas gifts.
So I will have to wait a week which I am pretty sure is going to put a virtual divide on how me and my boy continue to play together.

All I know is I have not felt like I have gotten my money's worth out of a game like this since I played Battlefield 2.
It really is a hell of a game. I just like games that end personally.
With that said, I no doubt finally understand why this genre has so many fans and players and why it is so appealing.
There is always something better around the proverbial corner if you are willing to put in the time to try and get it.
I am still not sure the genre is for me, but I do appreciate it no doubt. I have also enjoyed my time with the game.
I guess I will see what the Raids are about. But that does mean playing more to get my Gear Score up to play said Raids.
Fuck. This game.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Any word on when the final changes are incoming? My friend bought the game and I jumped on to run a few missions with him. It got me itching but I still refuse to grind until everything is settled.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I hit WT5 a while back and shelved the game. It's been a month, has anything new been added to get me to fire the game up again?

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking Finally hit WT5.
I have not played any game in the past 10 years as much as I have played this game.
It is insane the amount of hours I have already put in.
Especially since generally speaking I am very much someone who has always enjoyed playing all different types of games and genres.
In fact the main reason it took me so long to hit WT5 the past week or two is I have moved on to playing Days Gone.
I also am generally not into the whole loot based shooter genre. I do just feel like I am chasing a never ending goal.
I am interested in the Raids though.
And my boy who I have literally done every single milestone with since the game has been released (we both hit WT5 tonight) was super damn excited about hitting WT5 and continuing to play.
Part of me feels like my time with D2 might be coming to a close.
The other part of me feels like I have spent this much time with it so it would be stupid to stop playing at this point.
Thing is I do not own the Season Pass and he does. I have no intention of paying for it. I lost my job a few months back and I am still looking. Only reason I was able to pick this game up without catching hell from my wife and not feeling guilty for spending money that can go towards our mortgage is I still had XBox Live points from Christmas gifts.
So I will have to wait a week which I am pretty sure is going to put a virtual divide on how me and my boy continue to play together.

All I know is I have not felt like I have gotten my money's worth out of a game like this since I played Battlefield 2.
It really is a hell of a game. I just like games that end personally.
With that said, I no doubt finally understand why this genre has so many fans and players and why it is so appealing.
There is always something better around the proverbial corner if you are willing to put in the time to try and get it.
I am still not sure the genre is for me, but I do appreciate it no doubt. I have also enjoyed my time with the game.
I guess I will see what the Raids are about. But that does mean playing more to get my Gear Score up to play said Raids.
Fuck. This game.

it is a great game, it may be a little quiet here but most of us are just waiting for the PTS changes to come to the live server, I think maybe soon after the raid will come out

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Division 2 is on sale on the PS Store- $45 for standard, $75 for Gold.

Worth shelling out the extra $30 for Gold at this point?

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I'm just thankful they didn't add the GS 515 gear in TU3. They can always add higher GS gear in later content updates with plenty of new gear and stuff

Then again, GS never matters much than e-peen contests

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, just got to world tier 5. I think my gear score is just under 450. I haven't really paid attention to stats and builds, just equipped what I felt like equipping. Do I really need to focus on a build now? And do I need to get to GS 500 for the raid?

EDIT: wait, strongholds reset for world tier 5!? Thought I was done.

Last edited:

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
So, just got to world tier 5. I think my gear score is just under 450. I haven't really paid attention to stats and builds, just equipped what I felt like equipping. Do I really need to focus on a build now? And do I need to get to GS 500 for the raid?

EDIT: wait, strongholds reset for world tier 5!? Thought I was done.
they on weekly rotation. look up exotic nemesis, you need part from ea of the invaded strghold to make it

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Did this week's invasions a little last minute.

Already had the nemesis part for this roll of the dice. Not really keeping track, just hoping I got lucky. I didn't.

Feels bad.

Still at least two weeks out, I guess.

So fucking dumb.

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Finally got the Merciless. Must have taken me close to 50 goes at Challenge JTC.

The gun feels so weak. Each shot does only 1.8k dmg to the big gold armoured guys (my normal rifle does like 30k per shot)...and the stability is shit lol. Still..glad I finally got it.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Finally got the Merciless. Must have taken me close to 50 goes at Challenge JTC.

The gun feels so weak. Each shot does only 1.8k dmg to the big gold armoured guys (my normal rifle does like 30k per shot)...and the stability is shit lol. Still..glad I finally got it.
the 1.8k is from the primer round. the detonator rounds do way more damage and get stronger if you stack explosion damage. My merciless build does 1.7million explosion damage to elites with 5 stacks

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
What's the policy on friends in ERA clans? Can I get my mate added? I'm in Fourth Division for reference...

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
What's the policy on friends in ERA clans? Can I get my mate added? I'm in Fourth Division for reference...

You can but we have to remove someone as we are full at the moment so best option is wait till TU3 so we can do a small clean up and remove people that don't play anymore and I'm pretty sure it's around 70% of the clan lol

Oct 30, 2017
Decided to run with a nearly full True Patriot set. I'm still confused on the red/white/blue stuff but I'm pretty satisfied with my current build. Just need a better set of kneepads and I'll be good to go. Took forever but being 500+ GS feels good.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Best looking (also my favorite) pants in the game :D

bB1wMIh.png

Also finally found all the gear pieces I needed to max stability and accuracy on most of my weapons :D

SC0RTbK.jpg

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Man, I'm just happy we're gonna get TU3 next week. Sure, the raid won't release the same time, but I can wait.

Inb4 Dphex comes in and declares the game is trash

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I dont get how it works. So you have to purposely miss shots to stack the primer rounds?
yes, that is why the binary trigger is on it. so you can press on the enemy, release next to enemy. press on, release next to, etc..
tap tap tap tap tap tap
then once you got enough stacks you put the detonator shot on and BAM explosion damage

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm just happy we're gonna get TU3 next week. Sure, the raid won't release the same time, but I can wait.

Inb4 Dphex comes in and declares the game is trash

Lol I have to imagine at least half of this thread has put that troll on ignore by now

Liking the changes in the patch, I don't think I'll have to tweak either of my builds too much to compensate

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
well my plan is to edit my gear with the drops in the raid. dont think im alone in this, am i?
just feel waste of time to edit my gears just to have it obsolete within a couple of weeks.
I'm planning to run at least 3 pieces of the new Survivalist gearset. I'm already uses Pulse + Spotter as my main build. The wait for the raid is killing me though. Nothing to do until they drop patch 3 and the raid. It doesn't help that the weekly mission doesn't have a blueprint reward for two weeks in a row now... I still need the sturdy 5.56 mag.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
I'm planning to run at least 3 pieces of the new Survivalist gearset. I'm already uses Pulse + Spotter as my main build. The wait for the raid is killing me though. Nothing to do until they drop patch 3 and the raid. It doesn't help that the weekly mission doesn't have a blueprint reward for two weeks in a row now... I still need the sturdy 5.56 mag.
i have given up that dream ;<

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019

On the bright side, by the time the patch releases next week, you'll get from 3 to 10 blueprints per week with both weekly and daily projects

Last edited: