• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Applied for the second Xbox ERA clan, if any admin of said clan reads this! ERAgents Prime, IIRC.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
yes, that is why the binary trigger is on it. so you can press on the enemy, release next to enemy. press on, release next to, etc..
tap tap tap tap tap tap
then once you got enough stacks you put the detonator shot on and BAM explosion damage

Okay thanks. I got merciless recently, but haven't had the time to really mess around with it.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
So I got some unexpected time off due to injury so picked this up. Matchmaking takes aaaaages, and many times nothing at all. I know i'm behind everyone but its not that old a game is it? In world tier 1 now. So is the end game just repeat this same word tier 5 times upto gear score 500??

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Are the daily and weekly projects bug or something? Also how rare are the drops for gear set? I been getting alot of gear sets to drop for me and assume they were more rare.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Are the daily and weekly projects bug or something? Also how rare are the drops for gear set? I been getting alot of gear sets to drop for me and assume they were more rare.

they only drop from black tusks, but yes they are more common compared to D1 but there are gear sets coming that are only going to drop in the raid

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did the revive hive get worse? I swear they had got it mostly working for me with patches. But, the last two nights it has been back to failing 4 our of 5 times. Fucking annoying as shit. Also, crazy that they haven't fixed the special ammo shit. I hope the patch next week finally fixes that garbage.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ugh, is anyone else getting massive drops and even literal freezes with the latest Nvidia 430.64 drivers on a 1070? Was perfectly fine before but now it will straight up freeze for a good second or two before catching up which I initially thought was lag but connection was fine.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, is anyone else getting massive drops and even literal freezes with the latest Nvidia 430.64 drivers on a 1070? Was perfectly fine before but now it will straight up freeze for a good second or two before catching up which I initially thought was lag but connection was fine.
Some games compute shaders while playing, the first time the shader is needed, maybe that's it ?
Shaders needs to be recomputed after a new driver is installed.
See if it gets better after some time.

Sometimes I get small freezes or stutter/lag but it seems to be caused by the network as my friend has some too randomly, and sometimes we can play hours without a single freeze.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

My brother and a friend both have been having massive stuttering for weeks now. My brother and I got through the main campaign no problem. Shortly after something changed and now the game just runs like shit for him. Really weird shit, and it doesn't seem be a widespread issue cause I don't really see others online complaining about it. And the game continues to run great for me.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Some games compute shaders while playing, the first time the shader is needed, maybe that's it ?
Shaders needs to be recomputed after a new driver is installed.
See if it gets better after some time.

Sometimes I get small freezes or stutter/lag but it seems to be caused by the network as my friend has some too randomly, and sometimes we can play hours without a single freeze.
My brother and a friend both have been having massive stuttering for weeks now. My brother and I got through the main campaign no problem. Shortly after something changed and now the game just runs like shit for him. Really weird shit, and it doesn't seem be a widespread issue cause I don't really see others online complaining about it. And the game continues to run great for me.
It is definitely a graphical problem because it is literal freeze ups while playing and not just skating around and zapping back like what latency would do.

I've just reinstalled older drivers so I'll give my computer a restart and see how we go. It is just super weird considering the issues only appeared today after I updated drivers.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, my brother's does the same thing. But, I can see it on my end. Like he'll be running and all this sudden look like he is going in slow motion kr even freeze in place for a quick second.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I cant seem to get the Grand Washington Hotel mission to switch to Invaded? Anyone know what I need to do to get the toggle to reappear? Do I need to do the Tidal Stronghold again or something?

EDIT: Wait, can you not toggle Invaded missions now!?! WTF

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I cant seem to get the Grand Washington Hotel mission to switch to Invaded? Anyone know what I need to do to get the toggle to reappear? Do I need to do the Tidal Stronghold again or something?

EDIT: Wait, can you not toggle Invaded missions now!?! WTF
Grand Washington isn't invaded this week, so you can't do it invaded

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright after 81 hours I think it's time to put aside Division 2. At this point I'm mostly just bored when I play it. I've seen too much!

What a great game though I loved every hour of it and would recommend it to everyone!

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright after 81 hours I think it's time to put aside Division 2. At this point I'm mostly just bored when I play it. I've seen too much!

What a great game though I loved every hour of it and would recommend it to everyone!

Yep I'm at 80-ish hours and now just waiting for TU3 and the raid. 2 builds optimized and ready for tweaks after the patch.

Love this game. Easily the best looter shooter thus far

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
In the notes for the upcoming patch, when it says something along the lines of 500GS guaranteed to drop once your average is 500...does average just mean what you're wearing, or what you're capable of wearing?

My current gear score is 501, but that's inflated by a 515 piece that will drop with the patch. It's still a better build than anything I can make with 500 in every slot though. Just wondering if I'm going to have to run with a lesser build just to get 500 drops.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the notes for the upcoming patch, when it says something along the lines of 500GS guaranteed to drop once your average is 500...does average just mean what you're wearing, or what you're capable of wearing?

My current gear score is 501, but that's inflated by a 515 piece that will drop with the patch. It's still a better build than anything I can make with 500 in every slot though. Just wondering if I'm going to have to run with a lesser build just to get 500 drops.

I remember a dev posting that GS is determined by your inventor as well. So just keep that higher gs item in your bag and it should work out for you.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Your gearscore looks at ALL your items, not just the ones you have equipped. So if you have enough items anywhere to form a full 500gs set, all your proper drops shall be 500

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I remember a dev posting that GS is determined by your inventor as well. So just keep that higher gs item in your bag and it should work out for you.
Your gearscore looks at ALL your items, not just the ones you have equipped. So if you have enough items anywhere to form a full 500gs set, all your proper drops shall be 500
Beauty, other than some great rolls on some 490-ish weapons, most of what I have in my inventory is 500.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Not sure why this game got such high praise. The levelling/endgame system is fucking awful and being forced to use shit guns due to level, because crafting system is terrible. DC is nowhere near as good as NY was in the first game. Really poorly thought out event spawns and the AI are ridiculously accurate. All this leads to very little fun.

I can see why matchmaking never yields a full team .

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, as a new World Tier 5 player, what should I be doing for loot? I was quickly able to buy and build gear to get me up to 480. Did a couple of missions on heroic and did some bounties. I pretty much got jack fucking shit, and was constantly getting loot way lower than my gear score. Up until now it felt like I was constantly getting better stuff, now I am constantly getting shit.

Am I doing the wrong shit, or what?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Not sure why this game got such high praise. The levelling/endgame system is fucking awful and being forced to use shit guns due to level, because crafting system is terrible. DC is nowhere near as good as NY was in the first game. Really poorly thought out event spawns and the AI are ridiculously accurate. All this leads to very little fun.

I can see why matchmaking never yields a full team .
What do you mean having to use shit guns due to level? If you're referring to gearscore, you don't have to use them, they just have to be in your inventory or stash to raise you average. If you're referring to leveling 1-30, there's no need to have to keep them on-level.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
I swear when I started the game, I could walk up to a mission start area and matchmake but now the missions just start and don't give me a chance? Has something changed?

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
What do you mean having to use shit guns due to level? If you're referring to gearscore, you don't have to use them, they just have to be in your inventory or stash to raise you average. If you're referring to leveling 1-30, there's no need to have to keep them on-level.

If I put on a gun I like, say its 100 levels below what I am, it drops my gearscore immediately. Im talking about leveling after 30

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I swear when I started the game, I could walk up to a mission start area and matchmake but now the missions just start and don't give me a chance? Has something changed?

You dont have a panel at the entrance for side missions,only the main ones that need to be done on Story the first time around...?

So I read on a french site that the raid will drop this week along with the big update...? did they change their minds...?

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
So, as a new World Tier 5 player, what should I be doing for loot? I was quickly able to buy and build gear to get me up to 480. Did a couple of missions on heroic and did some bounties. I pretty much got jack fucking shit, and was constantly getting loot way lower than my gear score. Up until now it felt like I was constantly getting better stuff, now I am constantly getting shit.

Am I doing the wrong shit, or what?
nope, that's the game. Wait for the patch and you'll get less garbage. Not NO garbage but definitely less

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
nope, that's the game. Wait for the patch and you'll get less garbage. Not NO garbage but definitely less

Just fucking weird to grind things to a crawl at the end. I get that they are trying to keep people playing, but it is such a sudden change after 50 hours of constantly getting new and better gear, I literally thought I must be doing the wrong activities.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
If I put on a gun I like, say its 100 levels below what I am, it drops my gearscore immediately. Im talking about leveling after 30
And that doesn't affect anything beyond the threshold of getting to another world tier because you need to hit a certain number for the stronghold, etc. Gearscore doesn't have any other impact so use the weapon you like regardless if it lowers it. I can see a possible issue if you're right there on the cusp of going from say tier 4 to 5 but again, that should be a very rare scenario.

Just pointing that out in case you weren't aware. Some people think they need to have the highest equipped number to continue getting better drops (higher GS #'s) and that's simply not the case.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Is it dumb to go into the DZ by yourself? I am using my level 16 guy so I do not over level from my friend who does not play as often.

It just feels lonely and deadly out there ....

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Is it dumb to go into the DZ by yourself? I am using my level 16 guy so I do not over level from my friend who does not play as often.

It just feels lonely and deadly out there ....
If you're not aware, the game will scale your friend up close to your level if you join their group when you play. I've been doing this myself with multiple friends who all play at different times. I only have one character which is level 30 (500 gearscore) and I'm still able to run with them and help. They still get appropriate drops while mine are mostly just for selling/salvage. It works quite well all things considered.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
If you're not aware, the game will scale your friend up close to your level if you join their group when you play. I've been doing this myself with multiple friends who all play at different times. I only have one character which is level 30 (500 gearscore) and I'm still able to run with them and help. They still get appropriate drops while mine are mostly just for selling/salvage. It works quite well all things considered.

Hrm. So it has no negative effects on him? I can do my missions and stuff and then just join him when he gets on? I was just trying to do non mission stuff and wait..

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Hrm. So it has no negative effects on him? I can do my missions and stuff and then just join him when he gets on? I was just trying to do non mission stuff and wait..
Yup. As soon as you join his group, his level will scale up close to you, usually like one level below it seems. You'll basically be in his instance so you'll see his map layout, what missions he has available to work on, etc. It's pretty cool how seamless it works. When you're done, you just leave group and go back to your own instance.

I play a LOT more than my other friends and initially I created a char for the first friend then found out how the scaling worked in groups. Worked perfectly with him, deleted the other alt char I made and have since helped 2 other friends level up to the early 20's with my main.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. As soon as you join his group, his level will scale up close to you, usually like one level below it seems. You'll basically be in his instance so you'll see his map layout, what missions he has available to work on, etc. It's pretty cool how seamless it works. When you're done, you just leave group and go back to your own instance.

I play a LOT more than my other friends and initially I created a char for the first friend then found out how the scaling worked in groups. Worked perfectly with him, deleted the other alt char I made and have since helped 2 other friends level up to the early 20's with my main.

How does this effect his XP? Will he level faster or anything?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
How does this effect his XP? Will he level faster or anything?
I don't know the exact figures on the mechanic as to how much it's changed but my friends did seem to level up faster than what they said they were used to as solo. Hard to know how much that is based on just the group dynamic versus running missions faster as we tend to be quite focused when grouped up.

kriskrosbbk

Oct 28, 2017
So with the invaded Capitol stronghold this week I now have the 4 parts for the Nemesis. But hey, now I need to wait random weeks till Washington Hotel becomes invaded so I can get the blueprint ?? What a nice system this is.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So with the invaded Capitol stronghold this week I now have the 4 parts for the Nemesis. But hey, now I need to wait random weeks till Washington Hotel becomes invaded so I can get the blueprint ?? What a nice system this is.
I've got the blueprint yesterday, no need for invaded missions I guess, me and my friend did all 3 after the Capitol in hard.
We already had two parts, the last two missions gave us the last parts, and the last one gave the blueprint also.

Last edited: