• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, what do mean "what the game is going to be?" They haven't made sweeping changes that changes the main blueprint of the game. There will always be drastic and subtle changes made throughout the lifespan of these types of games, I mean just look at the Division 1 for example. Massive will always struggle in finding a balance regarding player toughness/health and this is where you will likely see the most change within the game as just one example.

The changes they have made to enemy health, armour, difficulty etc etc have been pretty drastic since the beta. That's a pretty major part of the game so I don't know why you think those are not part of the blueprint of the game. The nerfs they have handed out have been absolutely huge since day 1.

They launched with tough enemies that needed strong fire power, good DPS and smart use of gear and talents to beat them. Now we arrive at a point where they don't want any talent to really matter that much and talk is of 'spongy enemies' and 'TTK'.

So, if you don't want 'spongy' enemies then why create a game and launch with highly armoured and high HP enemies? That seem pretty obvious to me they don't really know what they were going for (or they changed their minds dramatically). Was the HP and armour of enemies a surprise to them after launch? Why launch with the talent system the way is was in order to scramble around making major changes within weeks of launch? As you pointed out they already had first game to so they don't have that excuse.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I was gonna ask if someone is gonna make the thread for the raid's release.

But then I remembered that Dphex is gonna derail the shit out of the thread with his bashing 😂

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
I can't get the Nemesis upgrade blueprint to appear. Tried relogging / restarting game, but nothing.

And I thought if you have enough 500 stuff, only 500 gear would drop, but nope, I am still getting 497 gear.

Oct 27, 2017
The changes they have made to enemy health, armour, difficulty etc etc have been pretty drastic since the beta. That's a pretty major part of the game so I don't know why you think those are not part of the blueprint of the game. The nerfs they have handed out have been absolutely huge since day 1.

They launched with tough enemies that needed strong fire power, good DPS and smart use of gear and talents to beat them. Now we arrive at a point where they don't want any talent to really matter that much and talk is of 'spongy enemies' and 'TTK'.

So, if you don't want 'spongy' enemies then why create a game and launch with highly armoured and high HP enemies? That seem pretty obvious to me they don't really know what they were going for (or they changed their minds dramatically). Was the HP and armour of enemies a surprise to them after launch? Why launch with the talent system the way is was in order to scramble around making major changes within weeks of launch? As you pointed out they already had first game to so they don't have that excuse.
I was assuming you meant content-wise and gameplay loops as all that other stuff mentioned is business as usual for The Division and Massive and will continue to be.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it is invaded now.
I planned to run the Capitol in invaded tonight (started the first steps to get the Nemesis yesterday) but they decided to reset again and it's not invaded anymore two days earlier, I'll do the other one then.
Man that sucks.

I hate this whole depending on random rotation thing. Happy I get to finish mine off but, I feel your pain. ):

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
The game crashed for everyone right at the end of Space Museum on challenge...Rarely happened to me,lets hope this is not a new glitch...

I dont get half the new things they say is new...what's the skill mod thing...? I dont see anything new in there,it still has some crazy requirements for some stuff,like over 2,000 on some.

Also I finally got the Merciless but I am not sure how to fully take advantage of it,like primers and pull and release...? I see the icon that looks like a bow and arrow to me on ennemies at times now but not sure what it actually does...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
PSA - Warning: crafting conditions not met

To anyone having the "crafting conditions not met" issue when trying to upgrade Lullaby/Ruthless even though you have all the items listed in the craft window... for some unkown reason, the craft will only work if you have you level 1 Lullaby/Ruthless in your inventory at the time of crafting.

After you craft it your 4XX version will have been upgrade to a 500, and you will still have the level 1 in your inventory, so no idea why it you need to be holding it as it is not listed in the craft conditions and is not consumed in the crafting itself.

Must be a bug, but it works.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the "raid" won't be any more mechanically driven than the stuff you saw in the Incursions (prove me wrong Massive but I doubt it). I was hoping this series would always have matchmaking for everything. I'll find groups to play with but that's quite an annoyance I never wanted to experience with the Division. Just one of the reasons I mostly play the newer Destiny raids at most a handful of times and end the experience there.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
The none existent raid matchmaking is a disappointment as since raids were announced they've said in almost every interview going the raid will have matchmaking.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
The none existent raid matchmaking is a disappointment as since raids were announced they've said in almost every interview going the raid will have matchmaking.
Did they ever actually say that? I've tried finding it myself but haven't seen any specific mention of it.

And I really hope that Twitter source is proved incorrect.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Love the update.
Running skill build with seeker mines on 8 second and turret on 5 second cooldowns. Build inspired by someone called Capri on YouTube.
Rain down fire with my LMG/ SMG combo and spamming seeker mines while my turret provides me defensive cover.
Lots of room to improve and missing some key talents to enhance my build even more. So I'm more of a defensive/support player as my build is not suited to aggressive attack.

Anyone is up for raids this weekend on PS4. please add me or recommend me clan to join. My Arctis 7 headset should arrive by Friday so I will have a mic. I do have a mic now but my PS Gold wireless battery has deteriorated to the point where its fit for only 5 hours of gaming before it needs a charge again.
My PSN username: I_C_PEE1

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Fucking Finally hit WT5.
I have not played any game in the past 10 years as much as I have played this game.
It is insane the amount of hours I have already put in.
Especially since generally speaking I am very much someone who has always enjoyed playing all different types of games and genres.
In fact the main reason it took me so long to hit WT5 the past week or two is I have moved on to playing Days Gone.
I also am generally not into the whole loot based shooter genre. I do just feel like I am chasing a never ending goal.
I am interested in the Raids though.
And my boy who I have literally done every single milestone with since the game has been released (we both hit WT5 tonight) was super damn excited about hitting WT5 and continuing to play.
Part of me feels like my time with D2 might be coming to a close.
The other part of me feels like I have spent this much time with it so it would be stupid to stop playing at this point.
Thing is I do not own the Season Pass and he does. I have no intention of paying for it. I lost my job a few months back and I am still looking. Only reason I was able to pick this game up without catching hell from my wife and not feeling guilty for spending money that can go towards our mortgage is I still had XBox Live points from Christmas gifts.
So I will have to wait a week which I am pretty sure is going to put a virtual divide on how me and my boy continue to play together.

All I know is I have not felt like I have gotten my money's worth out of a game like this since I played Battlefield 2.
It really is a hell of a game. I just like games that end personally.
With that said, I no doubt finally understand why this genre has so many fans and players and why it is so appealing.
There is always something better around the proverbial corner if you are willing to put in the time to try and get it.
I am still not sure the genre is for me, but I do appreciate it no doubt. I have also enjoyed my time with the game.
I guess I will see what the Raids are about. But that does mean playing more to get my Gear Score up to play said Raids.
Fuck. This game.
I share your sentiment. This game is something else. I play nothing but Divsion 2 and I have like 89 games on my PS4.
Congrats on hitting world tier 5. You going to enjoy the end game gear. I'm running a skill build with my gear score at 499.
I cant explain it but its so much fun to push to get to gear score 500 and also optimize your gear to suit your playstyle.

Until recently I discovered that I loved a more defensive approach by holding down a position with my Pepe (my lovely 5 second cooldown turret) and just support my mates with my seeker mines.
Since I have been doing this I find my team mates attack and flank aggressively and strongholds are easy to complete on Challenging difficulty. I have yet to run much on Heroic difficulty.

Some of my talents also allow my skills to shorter their cooldown times so at some points during a battle my seeker mines are available to me again after only 4 seconds. One guy asked if the game is glitched because he keeps seeing seeker mines going out lol.
At the moment my aim is to further reduce my eeker and turret cooldowns and increase their damage.

If you wanna run a couple missions sometime, please add me on PSN.
Username: I_C_PEE1

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
Anyone have a small clan that is looking for 3 new members on PS4? We started a clan originally with just us, but news about no matchmaking for the raid kinda kills that. Looking to possibly just join another one. We're in the middle of casual and serious, in our mid 30s with families. Not looking to join a huge clan, just something casual that plans on raiding and could use 3 more people.

Preferably NA, PST.

Or if you're interested in just joining ours, let me know also.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Interviews on YouTube at e3 reveal and more since have all had Julian the creative director say the raid would include matchmaking

I suspect raid mm will be added at a later date. Makes no sense having matchmaking for raid at launch, it will just be a bad experience for most players.

I can also see them adding the ability for 2 teams of 4 players to match each other for the raid.

Anyone have a small clan that is looking for 3 new members? We started a clan originally with just us, but news about no matchmaking for the raid kinda kills that. Looking to possibly just join another one. We're in the middle of casual and serious, in our mid 30s with families. Not looking to join a huge clan, just something casual that plans on raiding and could use 3 more people.

Preferably NA, PST.

What platform? Join the discord, clans are all in there.

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
I've been kicked off twice since the update. Also, they changed it so if you switch signature weapons, you don't get a full ammo replenish. Which would be fine, if the ammo dropped more frequently. Also, why the hell does the special ammo reset every time you log out?? I know that's not a new thing, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Last edited:

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
huh, they changed the requirement on strained so you can still use strained and berserk together.
I think if you can hit 2x vital and 4 select pieces of +health (like 30k+) you can take this pretty far.
I think there's even enough room for on the ropes. get some blue mods in utility slots and go ham.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like there is already no more matchmaking on PS4 for any activity in anticipation for the raid LMAO.

In fact, the online is quite broken. Random disconnects etcetera...

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
No raid MM is bullshit. I have no way of finding 7 other people to play with and LFG is just going to demand ridiculous parameters in order to team up. I'm really disappointed.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Yes. On the bright side, you keep the exact number from the item you destroy, no more bullshit cap.

Not always true, I have quite a few pieces were I cannot transfer full stats from them.

Man delta is hitting hard today, people are rather pissed as you get botted from the game almost every 15-20 minutes. sometime less, I can't even finish one fucking mission before the Delta error hits.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Yes. On the bright side, you keep the exact number from the item you destroy, no more bullshit cap.
F A R K Y E S !!!
I get so mad trying to slap on a meaty +25% skill cooldown on a gear piece (with +10% skill cooldown) only for the game to add an extra 2% instead, capping me at something bullshit like +12%.
I'm on a crazy quest to get my seeker mines down to 5 second cooldown or less.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Never experienced a Delta 03 error from launch, nor during the Private and Open Betas. After the patch, I've had two rock up within half an hours worth of playtime.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Extreme asset loading issues seems to be have been minimized quite a bit on PS4 Pro.
Game assets still load in but not as bad as before and as a result the game looks fantastic.
Never seen ground texture and objects look so good in my immediate vicinity :)

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Played my first couple of hours last night which was good fun. Took me a while to get my head around the millions of menus (still not sure I fully know what's going on there).

I did get disconnected from the servers right as I was near the end of a side mission, but nevermind, I'll quite happily try it again tonight.

I've had a couple of people telling me to ignore side missions and just focus on the main story at first, not really sure why, or not really sure I want to either?

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Finally got the nemesis and its further confirmed that snipers are the best weapons in this game. NPCs are brain dead and make it so easy to hit their heads. The damage output is unreal, challenge NPCs getting 1 shot.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Played my first couple of hours last night which was good fun. Took me a while to get my head around the millions of menus (still not sure I fully know what's going on there).

I did get disconnected from the servers right as I was near the end of a side mission, but nevermind, I'll quite happily try it again tonight.

I've had a couple of people telling me to ignore side missions and just focus on the main story at first, not really sure why, or not really sure I want to either?
Try not to rush. Try not to mop up absolutely everything too.
To level up quickest yes stick to main missions. The side missions also have their rewards too. I did mine this way.
If after a mission I find myself in an area where there is a side quest or activity nearby, then I'll quickly hop over and do that.
Don't go out of your way to do things spaced so far apart on the map. This will net you the most loot for the least amount of time spent playing. Dont worry about builds now either if you starting out. Finish main story first.
Then once you get to World Tier 1, focus on getting the highest gear possible and tackle the strongholds with your best gear. Knock that out and up you go another tier to World Tier 2. Rinse and repeat the the other works tiers.
This method got me to World Tier 5 real quick.
Now that I got some nice high level gear, I'm starting to mop up little side quests for weapon attachments etc.

The game is heaps of fun and becomes even more so once you hit the high levels because then you start to tinker with your gear and find what playstyle you like the most.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Finally got the nemesis and its further confirmed that snipers are the best weapons in this game. NPCs are brain dead and make it so easy to hit their heads. The damage output is unreal, challenge NPCs getting 1 shot.
Nemisis would be good for my skill build. Got a talent on my gear that gives me 35 percent skill damage for 15 seconds or something like that when I get a headshot.
I find SMG is not ideal for trying to get headshots at medium to long distances.

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
The raid launches on friday is that correct? I'm away at the moment but due bavk tomorrow hopefully enough time to tweak my builds.

Hopefully the pc clans can come together to get some 8man teams together!

Excited to try out the changes.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Try not to rush. Try not to mop up absolutely everything too.
To level up quickest yes stick to main missions. The side missions also have their rewards too. I did mine this way.
If after a mission I find myself in an area where there is a side quest or activity nearby, then I'll quickly hop over and do that.
Don't go out of your way to do things spaced so far apart on the map. This will net you the most loot for the least amount of time spent playing. Dont worry about builds now either if you starting out. Finish main story first.
Then once you get to World Tier 1, focus on getting the highest gear possible and tackle the strongholds with your best gear. Knock that out and up you go another tier to World Tier 2. Rinse and repeat the the other works tiers.
This method got me to World Tier 5 real quick.
Now that I got some nice high level gear, I'm starting to mop up little side quests for weapon attachments etc.

The game is heaps of fun and becomes even more so once you hit the high levels because then you start to tinker with your gear and find what playstyle you like the most.

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm definitely not in a rush as I'd like the game to last me a while. I think I'll do what you suggested and do whatever mission or activity is close to me on the map, instead of going out of my way to clean up everything.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what, no more matchmaking for the upcoming raid? Literally everything has mm in this game and it doesn't make sense to not have mm for an activity where u need 8 players...