• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Think I'm around 470 at the moment. Is it a case of if your not 490 you ain't getting in or you can get in below that and be a bit in the squishy side?
Think 490 is the Cap. You can easily hit that though. Just craft some gear and/or buy the highest level gear from vendors. If you have them equiped, higher level gear will drop from the missions. Do the dailies and weekly invaded missions. Should take you like 3 missions to hit the level cap.

Once you hit 490, GS really doesnt matter much. Having a GS of 500+ doesnt always mean its better than GS 490.

Oct 27, 2017
So, are the cosmetics any good in the event? Since I guess that's the main draw for me.

I'd be happy to run with you but I'm EU unfortunately and also don't have much free time this evening. :( Don't know if it would be feasible at a later date.

Well, it being business as usual doesn't make it desirable or normal in my book. Also the behviour and nature of enemies is totally content and gameplay. The very core of it in fact.
I think the best thing any fan of this series can do is accept the fact that the game will never be the perfect iteration any single player wants it to be (everyone has their own idea on what that is). Nerfs/buffs are going to happen over and over, massive changes to the armor/health systems, etc, etc, etc are going to be the norm over the lifespan of the game...nothing has changed in this regard.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I think the best thing any fan of this series can do is accept the fact that the game will never be the perfect iteration any single player wants it to be (everyone has their own idea on what that is). Nerfs/buffs are going to happen over and over, massive changes to the armor/health systems, etc, etc, etc are going to be the norm over the lifespan of the game...nothing has changed in this regard.

Okay thanks for the advice but right now I would not consider myself a 'fan' of this game in a way I am a fan of say Warframe or FF XIV. Their execution has simply not been good enough and I don't mind saying it.

But, hey, I'm still here and invested for now despite it all so that's something but it's nothing set in stone. I've already overlooked a ton of BS in this title including the shocking technical state it has frequently been in. At some point it just stops being worth it and with so many great games out there at the moment that could come anytime especially with pulling crap like no MM/party finder for the raid.

I think I've played enough online games to have my expectations calibrated accordingly but of course we can agree to disagree on that.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
After a long hiatus to play Sekiro and Days Gone, I logged back in to see how things are going with Div 2. I noticed I was the only one from the guild that was online (Xbox) and it looked like people haven t been playing much. Have players moved on?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
After a long hiatus to play Sekiro and Days Gone, I logged back in to see how things are going with Div 2. I noticed I was the only one from the guild that was online (Xbox) and it looked like people haven t been playing much. Have players moved on?
Many players waited the big balance patch and the raid. If your guild is still empty after that, I guess it's dead ^^.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay thanks for the advice but right now I would not consider myself a 'fan' of this game in a way I am a fan of say Warframe or FF XIV. Their execution has simply not been good enough and I don't mind saying it.

But, hey, I'm still here and invested for now despite it all so that's something but it's nothing set in stone. I've already overlooked a ton of BS in this title including the shocking technical state it has frequently been in. At some point it just stops being worth it and with so many great games out there at the moment that could come anytime especially with pulling crap like no MM/party finder for the raid.

I think I've played enough online games to have my expectations calibrated accordingly but of course we can agree to disagree on that.

I mean that's fine and all but speaking in terms of The Division game only and that's a game where you are going to see lots of change regarding builds and whatnot. The core gameplay and content is generally the same sans for new modes, etc being introduced and expanded upon. The main point being you can spend 200 hours in-game perfecting a build only to have it nerfed 3-6 months later (or even lesser). That's the kind of changes you can expect along the way as well as buffs to stuff you may not have used before all that much and then there will also be major changes to armor/health systems which will have major impacts on how the game feels to play. Again this is par for the course in regards to Massive and their approach to The Division....it's not going to suddenly change. If folks want the gear/gameplay to feel the same 3-6-12 months from now then maybe this isn't the game for them or they need to adjust their expectations.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The servers are having serious issues lol. I thought they delayed it to fix this sort of thing.

Its actually not a big problem finding groups without MM. Ive found two so far just from standing at the helicopter. First one went with only 5 people though lol.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who thought this would be a glorified incursion/stronghold

LOL

Imagine this with Matchmaking.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Everyone who thought this would be a glorified incursion/stronghold

LOL

Imagine this with Matchmaking.

There sort of is matchmaking for it, you can invite from raid menu all the nearby people by the chopper.

at lest cosmetics from the event are ace this time, masks are way too small tho, they need to fix them asap.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting to see a division "expert" Marcostyle play this vs Destiny Raid "experts" Goth/Gladd/Redeem.

Marco is beating them right now. Don't know if any streamer is past Buddy/Lucy

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Can't watch streams at work.

Are there Destiny-like mechanics or just stupidly strong bullet sponges?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch streams at work.

Are there Destiny-like mechanics or just stupidly strong bullet sponges?
Short answer is yes. Just dunno how much more complex.

Dunno what the first bosses mechanics are...

But Marco is on a dual boss where they heal. Something about an overcharge. And the bosses will heal all the way if you over heal or something. Hard to parse out.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Goth hasn't played in two months and their gear isn't up to it. Liz called them out on it and they got all defensive about it. lol

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, screw the Raid lol. Ill wait till people have figured out all the strats.

They really should have included some of these mechanics in the Strongholds or somewhere to at least teach people them before the raid. This is like GAAS 101 stuff lol.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they're even trying. They should've logged in on Tuesday and at least checked their DPS and shit.
They are destiny players. They are used to looking at their big dumb number, seeing it is pretty high, and thinking they are good to go.

There's not really any builds in Destiny besides going with some exotics and perks.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm surprised they're even trying. They should've logged in on Tuesday and at least checked their DPS and shit.

Goth just gave up, lol. They have the mechanics of the encounter down, but they just don't have the dps to beat it.

He said, he's not going to bother to optimize and try again. One and done, lmao.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Are there any good guides on how to optimize a build? This is the first time I've really gotten into a game like this, and I want to spend some time this weekend working on my build.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Are there any good guides on how to optimize a build? This is the first time I've really gotten into a game like this, and I want to spend some time this weekend working on my build.
Honestly, I'd just wait a little bit before worrying. The game just got a massive balance patch on Monday so everything is pretty new. Talents were nerfed, health and armor pools changed, requirements for things to become active re-jigged. The builds that are online previously probably require minor tweaks or aren't as powerful as they were. The good news is that for PVE, if you've got decent gear, you should be able to play even un-optimized.

In general, for now, I'd say just try and find some gear with rolls that look good to you/your playstyle (do you like ARs/SMGs/LMGs/shotguns/rifles etc., do you go for headshots, do you play from cover mostly,, do you want to maximize crit chance/dmg, do you want to focus on PVE content and have lots of damage to elites?). From there, it's almost always more useful to have talents active than slightly higher rolls on gear whose talent isn't active because you have too many reds or too few blues. Basically, I'd recommend getting something you generally like, then trying to activate your gear talents with some minor tweaks to how you distribute your red/blue/yellow stats.

Division 2 has so many more variables compared to the first game, it's harder to achieve a min/max build. But it's a game that's more forgiving in that most builds can handle hard/challenging content.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
pIEgpqj.png

Oct 30, 2017
I've been away and seemed to have missed a bunch. Seems Marco and squad are fighting as Razorback(?) How far is that compared to where Gothalion was earlier?