• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
you really need more armor and hp.

I'm working on it. The build is doing fine atm. This is from the RI daily. I even got a Sweet Dream drop, so that was nice. I ended up getting a pretty good chest piece too. It increased my DPS and my armor is now 222k and 40k hp.

d2dsp.png

Another daily, but challenge.

dps-challenge.png

Last edited:

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't have much time to play the raid but we did Boomer today in like 6 minutes or so and second boss (bosses) super quick. We gonna try Lucy and Buddy tomorrow and maybe we gonna have enough time to at least try the final boss. It's actually not that hard and you don't need crazy gear to pull it off, I mean you need some sort of build and DTE but it's mostly cooperation and coordination that get you the victory over the bosses.

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
How much armor would you good people recommend? I'm at 200k armor and 50k health but feel like I need to beef up a little bit.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I'm working on it. The build is doing fine atm. This is from the RI daily. I even got a Sweet Dream drop, so that was nice. I ended up getting a pretty good chest piece too. It increased my DPS and my armor is now 222k and 40k hp.

d2dsp.png

Another daily, but challenge.

dps-challenge.png

If you're interested into the raid, you will need much more.
How much armor would you good people recommend? I'm at 200k armor and 50k health but feel like I need to beef up a little bit.
I'd say at least 220 and 50-70 hp. But if you want to do the raid, a bit more.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
With you there, just hop on, hit some control points answering some calls, maybe a mission here and there.

Not really grinding for anything as the core mechanics have really hooked me in.

200 hours in and loving it.

I don't if I'm at an awkward level having just got to 30/WT1 but no-one seems to be inviting to Invaded or answering my calls for same. It's all free roam calls.

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
About 5 hours played and this is basic mechanics wise probably the best third person cover based shooter ever. Enemies are slightly too high ttk but it ain't nothing too bad and i wish i could run and gun bit more but it is a cover based so it's understandable. However since story isn't exactly gripping, I don't really play the game intensively time wise, but i hope i still finish this. I also really like the interiors were you fight. They are quite varied which given the setting is quite impressive.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Controversial opinion: I'm glad they're not tuning the raid difficulty. It's suppose to be the most difficult content and should only be easier when you have better gear for it.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Well, seems like they don't care much about quality of life of console players. Good to know ! Another long break incoming for me...

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Controversial opinion: I'm glad they're not tuning the raid difficulty. It's suppose to be the most difficult content and should only be easier when you have better gear for it.

I agree with you but there isn't any rising tide of gear that's going to make it easier for people. I continue to believe they should ease up the restrictions on gear recalibration, making crafting valid or something. It's so draining trying to see if something is an upgrade for you then noticing one small piece of the puzzle that's not in line. Be it wrong set, no talent, wrong colours, wrong secondary talent, one bad attribute etc etc... it's rough.

Last time I logged in I went on a bounty spree until my inventory was completely full of gear. Pretty much all of it was junked. I think I got one small incremental boost to weapon damage out of all of that.

It would be great if I could be more planned about what I want to put together rather than just rolling with whatever the wind blows my way.

OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

At the same time, why bother even trying to level-up for it and try it if you already know it's a miserable experience.

It's like a Soulsborne mentality on the difficulty. Why would they want to cut their user base by 75% like they already have now.....

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They just need to pull the Destiny card and have a hard mode and normal mode.

Normal mode = decent gear can get you through, you still need to master mechanics and execute. Destiny raid tier. Drops maybe like 505-510 gear

Hard mode = You need a good build. 515 gear.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting a uniform 1 error on their Xbox tonight? I've tried quitting the game and looking for any manual updates, but there are none.

Edit: ignore me, it's let me in

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Lucy and Buddy are actually the easiest of the bosses, all you need is good communication to pull it off. Will try final boss tonight and see how it goes.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
They just need to pull the Destiny card and have a hard mode and normal mode.

Normal mode = decent gear can get you through, you still need to master mechanics and execute. Destiny raid tier. Drops maybe like 505-510 gear

Hard mode = You need a good build. 515 gear.

Yup, I don't understand why you can't have different difficulties and then adjust the loot that drops. There are already several modes of difficulty for each mission etc.,

I would love to do the raid just to see mechanics and play it with my brother and screw the loot.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I still don't understand how I am supposed to get named bosses for the weekly apparel project. Does anyone know?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I still don't understand how I am supposed to get named bosses for the weekly apparel project. Does anyone know?

East Mall:
Just run a mission on story difficultly. Once you get to a named boss. Kill them and then kill yourself to reload the checkpoint. You'll be done in a few minutes.

Judiciary:
The stronghold has three named bosses.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Anybody got two builds set up that are:

1. Tanky (300k+ armor, 100k+ HP)
2. DPS with low overall HP (200k or less armor, 70k or less HP)

Do enemies act differently in solo heroic missions when you run these two?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Having trouble with the last boss in the raid... Might be because of the trash teams, but imma just make a new build and try to complete it next week. Just got the Merciless too after a bit of farming. It should be great to kill those big guys in the final encounter of the raid.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Having trouble with the last boss in the raid... Might be because of the trash teams, but imma just make a new build and try to complete it next week. Just got the Merciless too after a bit of farming. It should be great to kill those big guys in the final encounter of the raid.

Yeah I'm gonna have to do without first week patch as I just got home and I'm tired as hell, plus only 4 of my boys are online so not even enough people to give it a proper shot.

NowhereFaded

Nov 11, 2017
Ridgefield, Wa
I picked this game up last week on sale. I'm slowly warming up to it. WhAts the consensus on this compared to destiny 2 ?? Just wandering as I used to play destiny on a daily basis and it's gameplay was 2nd to none. Got kinda burnt out playing it so this is a nice change so far.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
bounties are named bosses

edit: should I read more than one reply before posting? nah
yeah it's great that 600 people got to play the raid on ps4 and 12 got to beat it and no one else will

Last edited:

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Yeah, I guess I'm done with a game for now until next DLC comes in. Raid is just too difficult for casual player as myself to get through and I see no point in getting and calibrating better gear. I enjoyed the hell out of game tho. Clocked around 80-90 hours.

Until later guys.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
They aren't winning awards for communication at this stage that's for sure. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just say they are hoping that the A.I fix does much to sooth the woes of console players in all experiences, raid included.

What's more disheartening is lack of any communication regards to build variance. Is it their intention moving forward for DPS builds to be the only viable ones for end game content? I'd like a look into their mentality in regards to their expectations.

Oct 29, 2017
Philadelphia
Finally took a stab at the raid with my clan yesterday. It is definitely tough but a fun learning experience. We were able to clear the first area and get to the first boss but we crumbled there. It became apparent that we need higher DPS builds so now I'm on the search for a DPS focused submachine build. Anyone have any tips?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm curious what % of players on console have even tried the raid yet. I've finally got a build that feels like it could maybe take it on, but the helipad is empty always on xbox.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious what % of players on console have even tried the raid yet. I've finally got a build that feels like it could maybe take it on, but the helipad is empty always on xbox.
Don't rely on the helipad.

If you're on Xbox open the guide, go to party, looking for group, the division.

Either pick a few posts or make your own.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Back at the last boos after reset, this Raid ain't that hard. Last boss might give us some trouble as we never tried it before but I think we can beat it this week. But yeah good luck doing this via matchmaking and trying to explain everyone what their role is and doing so every time someone drops etc.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I think I'm now in search of:
A high damage roll P416 with Optimist and Allegro (I have a good one minus optimist);
A Sokolov Mask with Damage To Elites, Health (or Armor), Hard Hitting (I have a really good one, but it rolled with an extra red to put me over the limit for Safeguard).

...that, I think, would represent a pretty near optimized AR/Chatterbox headshot (120%) and damage to elite (81%) build with Unstoppable Force and Safeguard and 300k armor, 115k-ish health. Seems pretty good to me!

Last edited:

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Back at the last boos after reset, this Raid ain't that hard. Last boss might give us some trouble as we never tried it before but I think we can beat it this week. But yeah good luck doing this via matchmaking and trying to explain everyone what their role is and doing so every time someone drops etc.
This won't ever work. It's impossible to do this per matchmaking

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
This won't ever work. It's impossible to do this per matchmaking

I agree but why wouldn't you let people have the option?

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Because the shitstorm would be huge, and players would demand to nerf the raid. And it's totally nonsense. But most of the players, who want matchmaking, did not try out the raid. So they have no idea how difficult it is.

Few days before, we asked few guys on Facebook if they want to help us. Somehow they couldn't join us. After we asked what GS they got, they were around 460...
It's embarrassing that people think they would do the raid without hittin max level and without any decent build.
I fully agree with Massive to not include a matchmaking system.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would likely lead to more dissatisfaction/complaining about the raid tbh. You can call it gatekeeping in a way but the dev decided to try and limit peoples bad exposure to the raid. Because if 80% of the playerbase is trying to matchmake for something that is largely impossible in matchmaking they will be unhappy about it and the raid won't really be judged fairly.

And yes, they did conciously make the decision that its better to have someone not play the raid because they don't want to LFG vs have them have a shitty MM experience.