• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Are Conflicts dead? I tried to matchmake for over 10 minutes to try it out earlier today and couldn't find a single player. I wonder if it's just in my region.

No one plays conflict or any normalized pvp activities at the moment cause of the super armor glitch. Once it's fixed people will go back to conflict and normalized Dark Zones

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I have no idea of what that is, but I'm glad to hear that there's a cause behind it, hahaha. Thanks :)

Yeah there is a glitch that can let you have over one million armor in any normalized pvp activities, no one wants to deal with that shit lol It's unintended bug in the system but if there is a bug that can give you an edge people will go for it ;)

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
I feel like I got my money's worth playing up to WT5 so I don't feel bad about uninstalling it. It's too bad I bought in game currency for aesthetics I'll probably never use. I didn't think that the next step after WT5 would be so stat dependent and no matchmaking. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. The gunplay was very satisfying and overall it was a very cool experience.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol have you seen how PvP fights look in this game? Its the jankiest thing. Mainly stemming from its too difficult to track a moving target while aimed in so you have these weird moments where 2 players are taking turns running, aiming, shooting, all within 5 feet of each other.

Badgerst

Oct 27, 2017
Just got to WT5 and had a few green armors drop. Still at GS 470 or so. Is there a way to increase these current armors to coincide to my GS?

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Just got to WT5 and had a few green armors drop. Still at GS 470 or so. Is there a way to increase these current armors to coincide to my GS?

Buy vendor items that have a higher GS. They don't have to be equipped to take affect and you'll start getting drops towards that. You can also take the gamble to craft a piece if you've upgraded your table to WT5.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
After The Division 2, playing games where you don't have bullshit limit on collectibles and mat crafting is such a breath of fresh air...

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I guess third time was a charm as we did it and since tonight is the reset we'll get right back at it tomorrow :) We all met a week ago, none of us knew each other and now we play with each other everyday and we're all friends now. It was really awesome week and kind of want to say Thank You to Massive for not adding matchmaking as I would never met them.

Like I said before, Raid isn't that hard you just need a right group of people that are willing to stick together, practice together and help people with builds if they are lacking in some areas. I have to say that Raid was the most fun I had in this game.

C2ACaBK.jpg

47963334636_39e54611ca_k.jpg
Congrats dude. I'm still with 3-4 at the third encounter. We're playing mostly with randoms and therefore cannot progress well.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So I have 2 main missions left in the game, but I see I am missing 7 side missions. I do not see any on my map (and a couple projects also). How do I find these? I would like to finish them all before I start barreling through the WT with my friend.

Idan27081

Jan 1, 2019
I finally cleared the raid with randoms, after so many hours of failing with different groups.
It feels amazing! Hands down the best content since the first game launched in 2016.
I hope it does get easier as people say.
Gonna get my second character to WT5 so I can do it twice a week.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I finally cleared the raid with randoms, after so many hours of failing with different groups.
It feels amazing! Hands down the best content since the first game launched in 2016.
I hope it does get easier as people say.
Gonna get my second character to WT5 so I can do it twice a week.

It will only get easier if you gonna be doing it with the same group all the time, any new people in the group will make it more difficult.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Managed to hit WT3 on pc last night and work my way up the Era clan leader board so it seems to be going quicker than when I did this on PS4.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
1. I don't understand how no MM/party finder is a killer for people. If your gear is raid ready, getting a party is EASY. You just need to go outside the game to do it but its not like its some crazy obstacle.

2. I do share your frustration with the loot though. Maybe I'm just a filthy casual but I always hated how tedious the stat rolls are in this franchise. I feel like I need to do calculus every time I get a drop to find out if its worth it in my build. I'd love if the game had something of a build maker. Where you basically get a list of perks you want, and the game populates what gear is on you/in your stash to make that happen.

I REALLY want to try the raid but I just don't feel like running old missions to get the right gear. I'm like 490something with my best gear but it doesnt' feel like enough. Especially on console.

Even if I did think having to go outside the game on some website to party up for an in-game activity wasn't too much bother (I don't), I still wouldn't do it. It isn't acceptable in the slightest and I have no idea what they were thinking. Did they think it would be okay because Destiny gets away with it? Destiny service levels are absolutely nothing for other developers to aspire too, quite the opposite in fact, and I have no interest in normalising such a bizarre practice. The fact is there are more games out right now that interest me than I have time to play so a game trying to waste my time like this is not going to be tolerated.

I like the complexity of the gear but there needs to be more freedom to work with it than what's available. Otherwise you're at the mercy of some pretty daunting RNG. Also there needs to be another level of rarity because right now everything is just on one level and that's boring. I guess the gear sets were supposed to be that but bombed.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Did they tweak the damage values on Challenge missions? I hadn't played since the last patch - and running some challenge level daily missions today I felt like my armor was made of paper. More than once I went from full armor and health to just dead before I could even react.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Patch notes are up for 3.1:

We will be deploying Title Update 3.1 during this maintenance.

Patch notes:

• Increased tutorial font size on the Mega Map.
  • Increased visibility on Collectibles and Caches in the Open World.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Loot" tutorial at the beginning of the game wouldn't appear.
  • Fixed an issue where the Field Proficiency toast would not include the gained rewards.
  • Fixed an issue where players could remain stuck in the Theater settlement after recruiting Inaya al-Khaliq.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause players to get stuck on the roof of the Grand Washington Hotel mission.
  • Fixed an issue where Hunter Mask and Ivory Keys would not drop, even if the player correctly solved the riddle and killed the Hunter(s).
  • This fix should allow players to re-do the Hunters and collect the Masks and Keys they are currently missing.
  • Fixed an issue where the rate of fire on semi-automatic weapons would be lower than intended.
  • Fixed an issue where face masks would appear smaller than intended.
  • Fixed an issue where opening a Dark Hours Apparel Cache could cause a continuous loop.
  • Fixed an error that removed the Loot All as Junk option. Sorry about that!
  • Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs would rush past players to get into cover.
  • Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs would flank players too often.
  • Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs would not react to any combat until reaching cover or having their movement interrupted.
  • Fixed an exploit where armor would scale to unintended values when normalized.
The small amount of players who have used the armor exploit will receive a warning on their account. Any further violation of the terms of use will lead to a permanent ban of their account.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
i think that exploit warning is a bit harsh. like if they said that earlier "players using that armor exploit will recieve a warning" like maybe a week or two ago, THEN said this here I would be fine with it. Feels like people getting punished without warning or notice. I hope I just missed a message from earlier since I don't pay attention to that stuff.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
i think that exploit warning is a bit harsh. like if they said that earlier "players using that armor exploit will recieve a warning" like maybe a week or two ago, THEN said this here I would be fine with it. Feels like people getting punished without warning or notice. I hope I just missed a message from earlier since I don't pay attention to that stuff.
Using exploits is always punished, especially in PvP. It's just shy of cheating. Besides, it's just a warning.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It is LITERALLY a warning lol

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Potentially huge bug on console versions (up to 50% less DPS because many bullets don't register, Massive is investigating) that's made the game harder than intended:

I hope it's true and fixed soon if so. Watching PC streams, always shocked by how quickly enemies drop when afterwards I compare builds and mine are more optimized. It has always felt just a bit off in TTK to me. Better than Div 1 but still feeling like it should be quicker.

lentini

Oct 30, 2017
I've had the missing bullets thing happen to me but I put that down to lag as I was playing with someone from the clan on an Asian server (I'm in the UK).

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
tctd2_tu4_minigunner_poster_696x960_350778.jpg

Massive said:
When activated, The Gunner receive bonus armour based on the amount of Specialization ammunition they are carrying and can easily tank incoming damage for short periods of time while using their Minigun to suppress their enemies. There's a catch though – when the weapon is drawn, the Gunner can't enter cover, vault or roll.

To get enemies out in the open, the Gunner comes with the Banshee Signature Skill, which ignores cover and causes its targets to become confused. When an enemy stumble out of cover is the perfect opportunity for the Gunner to use their special grenade – the Riot Foam grenade – trapping the enemy in place.

The specialization comes with a new skill tree and the P320 XCompact sidearm.

The Gunner will be available to test on the Public Test Server, opening on June 4th, in order get as much feedback on it before it is released on the Live servers in Title Update 4, coming in June 2019. Please join us on the official forums and tell us about your experiences with it.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Love that they are introducing a tank spec. I know Survivalist is kind of one, but I wonder if we will get a more healing one.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Awesome, can't wait to try the mini gun out.

If anyone had a hunter mask glitch at East Mall where you pull the lever and run around the Christmas tree head back there when you get chance. I went thinking I'd have to do the encounter again as per the fix for the hunter spawn in this mornings update but when I got there the mask just appeared. Still couldn't spawn the hunters again but that mask finished the collection so I'm not bothered :)

Oct 30, 2017
New specialization sounds great. I like the Banshee talent, it's a piece of imaginative thinking that the other specializations seem to lack.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Mod change on the PTS. Blue generic mods will no longer fit in high end, gear set or exotic (when released) gear pieces. So no more alt low level farm for them +5% damage mods. Also purple generic mods that are dropping in WT5 shouldn't be. System and Protocol high end mods will now fit in either socket as long as they match like red attribute in an offensive socket.

There's also a huge list of bug fixes here:

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Mod change on the PTS. Blue generic mods will no longer fit in high end, gear set or exotic (when released) gear pieces. So no more alt low level farm for them +5% damage mods. Also purple generic mods that are dropping in WT5 shouldn't be. System and Protocol high end mods will now fit in either socket as long as they match like red attribute in an offensive socket.

There's also a huge list of bug fixes here:

This all looks good to me. As much as it would be fun to stack damage on ARs, it always felt like it was unintended that you'd require a 2nd character to grind to level 19 to get 'em. I think it's a good change. Same with most of the bug fixes. Here's hoping the AI feels a lot better post-patch, and most importantly...that they address the console bug that appears to drop DPS by up to 50% due to missing bullets (at least in the shooting range). I know they are looking at it, but something like that would completely change the feel of the game on console if it's indeed a problem and not just a display error.

Oct 27, 2017
Potentially huge bug on console versions (up to 50% less DPS because many bullets don't register, Massive is investigating) that's made the game harder than intended:

I hope it's true and fixed soon if so. Watching PC streams, always shocked by how quickly enemies drop when afterwards I compare builds and mine are more optimized. It has always felt just a bit off in TTK to me. Better than Div 1 but still feeling like it should be quicker.

I just tested out the accuracy range on PC and it seems like it's not registering some hits for me too. I believe it still registers damage though so it might just be a bug in the range itself. Even full auto bursts only registered 40-50% of bullets but my damage still looks good in practice.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm very doubtful of the missing bullets only being a shooting range issue. Does XB1X record clips of gameplay that can be pulled up later? I'd like to see if I can find an example of it outside the range.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
A lot of the changes seem good. But man, that Sharpshooter tree nerf really hurts my build. I lose 30% reload bonus (it's removed from the tree entirely) and 25% headshot damage (only applies to rifles/marksman now), then have to decide if it's worth staying in that tree for the 30% stability bonus or not. It's nice to be able to get the 15% AR damage in any tree now, but headshot damage and reload speed buffs seem considerably stronger than what the other trees offer right now for AR builds?

I'm very doubtful of the missing bullets only being a shooting range issue. Does XB1X record clips of gameplay that can be pulled up later? I'd like to see if I can find an example of it outside the range.
The more I've played, the more I'm curious about this. On the one hand, pretty sure it's a shooting range bug. When I'm shooting enemies in there, I can get as low as like 30% accuracy at times, but I haven't run a mission in ages where I get under 50% (where I can tell a lot of my missed shots come from holding the trigger down after the enemy is dead). That's on xbox, with PK416, Chatterbox. On the other hand, not sure if it's server issues or what, but there definitely seems to be times out in the world where shots are either not landing, or registering so late that it feels like they aren't landing.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
A lot of the changes seem good. But man, that Sharpshooter tree nerf really hurts my build. I lose 30% reload bonus (it's removed from the tree entirely) and 25% headshot damage (only applies to rifles/marksman now), then have to decide if it's worth staying in that tree for the 30% stability bonus or not. It's nice to be able to get the 15% AR damage in any tree now, but headshot damage and reload speed buffs seem considerably stronger than what the other trees offer right now for AR builds?

The more I've played, the more I'm curious about this. On the one hand, pretty sure it's a shooting range bug. When I'm shooting enemies in there, I can get as low as like 30% accuracy at times, but I haven't run a mission in ages where I get under 50% (where I can tell a lot of my missed shots come from holding the trigger down after the enemy is dead). That's on xbox, with PK416, Chatterbox. On the other hand, not sure if it's server issues or what, but there definitely seems to be times out in the world where shots are either not landing, or registering so late that it feels like they aren't landing.
All those reasons are exactly why they're nerfing SS. It's ridiculously over powered compared to the other two at this point, so it needed balancing.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Every time there's a patch I get hope that they fixed the Hunters not spawning bugs, but it never happens. It actually kills my desire to play the game a lot.
You're mad that they gave a warning without warning?

To get enemies out in the open, the Gunner comes with the Banshee Signature Skill, which ignores cover and causes its targets to become confused. When an enemy stumble out of cover is the perfect opportunity for the Gunner to use their special grenade – the Riot Foam grenade – trapping the enemy in place.
Why would I use this when the Oxidizer always forces people out of cover and does armor damage too?

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Every time there's a patch I get hope that they fixed the Hunters not spawning bugs, but it never happens. It actually kills my desire to play the game a lot.

You're mad that they gave a warning without warning?

Why would I use this when the Oxidizer always forces people out of cover and does armor damage too?
It's looking like it'll be a pulse variant, so it'll likely have a much larger range.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
All those reasons are exactly why they're nerfing SS. It's ridiculously over powered compared to the other two at this point, so it needed balancing.
I get that, and the game is generally tuned to really not need super optimal/high DPS builds to play most content (hard/challenging/level 4 control points etc). The thing that's frustrating to me is that it's a nerf that hurts DPS when the newest content requires DPS, and its something that further reduces the way a specialization is differentiated rather than adding to the others.

On console, for the raid specifically, every further nerf hurts the ability to take it on reliably at this stage, specifically nerfs that hurt DPS (and this is a big one for the raid - basically what every person who has completed it says it hinges on). I was hoping that the other trees would get a perk added or re-worked, since looking at them, not only do they seem underwhelming in power level compared to Sharp Shooter, they also just seem underwhelming as things that actually change the way you (or at least I) play the game.

Survivalist gets (this is what interests me):
20% increased Protection from Elites (not insignificant, I suppose, but I find it's generally more about killing them quickly not worrying about getting killed), 15% outgoing healing, 10% skill cooldown (given how skills work, this is not hugely beneficial), and armor kits heal groupmates that are close.

Granted, it makes sense thematically that lot of it is added resistance/healing, but I wouldn't say that's particularly useful in the endgame content. Armor kits and basic heal skills are already strong enough to survive all content (as long as DPS is there for the raid), but those combined with these perks, still don't seem like enough to make playing the game with a tanky approach is viable. If these things meant it was more viable to drop healing skills for damaging skills, that would be great, but those damaging skills are fairly underwhelming still too.

Demolitionist gets (this is what interests me):
Group members gain 5% damage to targets out of cover (5% to all group members is strong and it happens enough to be noticeable), When armor is reduced to 0, refills all main weapon ammo (in a way this can help DPS, especially builds that benefit from armor being stripped).

Not sure if being able to choose 15% of your weapon types in any tree is enough to really make up for the nerf to Sharpshooter/general underwhelming nature of the other two? I went to the shooting range and tried switching to the other trees (fully unlocked) and yeah, it just feels like come next patch, no matter what, I'm going to feel weaker.

It's another case of, I get that it's all about balancing the game overall than about nerfs/buffs individually, etc., but I wouldn't say that Sharpshooter felt broken to me as is. In thise case, I just wish the other trees got a bit more of a bump instead to feel more important.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
I get that, and the game is generally tuned to really not need super optimal/high DPS builds to play most content (hard/challenging/level 4 control points etc). The thing that's frustrating to me is that it's a nerf that hurts DPS when the newest content requires DPS, and its something that further reduces the way a specialization is differentiated rather than adding to the others.

On console, for the raid specifically, every further nerf hurts the ability to take it on reliably at this stage, specifically nerfs that hurt DPS (and this is a big one for the raid - basically what every person who has completed it says it hinges on). I was hoping that the other trees would get a perk added or re-worked, since looking at them, not only do they seem underwhelming in power level compared to Sharp Shooter, they also just seem underwhelming as things that actually change the way you (or at least I) play the game.

Survivalist gets (this is what interests me):
20% increased Protection from Elites (not insignificant, I suppose, but I find it's generally more about killing them quickly not worrying about getting killed), 15% outgoing healing, 10% skill cooldown (given how skills work, this is not hugely beneficial), and armor kits heal groupmates that are close.

Granted, it makes sense thematically that lot of it is added resistance/healing, but I wouldn't say that's particularly useful in the endgame content. Armor kits and basic heal skills are already strong enough to survive all content (as long as DPS is there for the raid), but those combined with these perks, still don't seem like enough to make playing the game with a tanky approach is viable. If these things meant it was more viable to drop healing skills for damaging skills, that would be great, but those damaging skills are fairly underwhelming still too.

Demolitionist gets (this is what interests me):
Group members gain 5% damage to targets out of cover (5% to all group members is strong and it happens enough to be noticeable), When armor is reduced to 0, refills all main weapon ammo (in a way this can help DPS, especially builds that benefit from armor being stripped).

Not sure if being able to choose 15% of your weapon types in any tree is enough to really make up for the nerf to Sharpshooter/general underwhelming nature of the other two? I went to the shooting range and tried switching to the other trees (fully unlocked) and yeah, it just feels like come next patch, no matter what, I'm going to feel weaker.

It's another case of, I get that it's all about balancing the game overall than about nerfs/buffs individually, etc., but I wouldn't say that Sharpshooter felt broken to me as is. In thise case, I just wish the other trees got a bit more of a bump instead to feel more important.

I don't actually disagree, I just think that at the moment there isn't enough to justify using the other two, but at the same time, SS was too generally good for everyone and every weapon class. Having stability and headshot damage and reload speed in one tree, and very little in flat buffs in the other specialisations just didn't make sense.

My hope is that they have buffs to Survivalist and Demolitionist to go along with this, but we'll see. I'd like the specialisations to become more flat archtypes, that can then be further specialised with gear and skills. But we'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I don't actually disagree, I just think that at the moment there isn't enough to justify using the other two, but at the same time, SS was too generally good for everyone and every weapon class. Having stability and headshot damage and reload speed in one tree, and very little in flat buffs in the other specialisations just didn't make sense.

My hope is that they have buffs to Survivalist and Demolitionist to go along with this, but we'll see. I'd like the specialisations to become more flat archtypes, that can then be further specialised with gear and skills. But we'll see.
I supposed a bunch of things could help over time:
  • Re-calibration of talent + attribute would help a lot. Right now, it's really hard to find a piece of gear with the 1-2 talents needed and exact breakdown of attributes/mod slots needed (as it's always better to re-cal an attribute than a talent). If that comes down the line, it'll be easier to have builds with all talents wanted and taking advantage of every single attribute (right now, the build I have that's about low armor/high health, for example, is pretty much one full stat or talent away on each piece of gear from what I want, and that's with two weeks of farming and no improvements). Those little boosts, where you can focus on 40% DTE or 12% AR damage instead of unlocking a talent, add up. That may be the biggest thing overall to make it feel like we're getting stronger.
  • Skill boosts. I mean, it's been repeated ad nauseum, but skills are just really underwhelming for the most part.
  • The mod slot change, where you can do system/protocol in any slot, can help eke out a few extra % points here and there that were previously tough to find. I just wish that they could be a little more significant (holding onto dozens of mods that are .5% more weapon damage but 1% less headshot damage or SMG damage etc. is...not ideal.
  • And I guess again, further AI changes (movement) can make it easier to burst them, potentially. The game definitely feels easier this week to me than it did last week.
But yeah, it feels like with specializations, gearsets, skills, and loot feeling rewarding, they are still a ways away from where they want/need to be.

Still, play the game daily and am loving it.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Actually, looking at it, the Gunner specialization may be the better replacement for ARs?
- 5% armor on kill (minor bonus), 5th reload is 50% faster (will help DPS overall, as Chatterbox encourages constant reloads after kills), armor kits gain bonus armor for a period of time (not super useful), 5% rate of fire increase, 20% weapon handling. If memory serves, weapon handling is worse than straight up stability.

But overall, I guess it's a tree that offers buffs to:
Reload speed (50% faster every 5th...so overall a 10% buff?)
Rate of fire (5% increase after kill)
Handling (20% while not moving for 1 second -- I wonder if popping up from cover counts as "moving")
+ allows the AR to be buffed overall (15%)

It's far worse than 30% reload speed, 25% headshot damage and 30% stability that Sharpshooter offers, but it's something more appealing than Demolitionist and Survivalist for me right now.