• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Nice change on the special ammo drop, let's see now if it will REALLY happen in game as advertised in the text.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I just picked this up.. is there any concensus on what the best perks and gadgets are to start picking up? Also, is it better to deconstruct or sell gear?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Has the apparel event been extended?

It said 1day 20hours last time I checked, now it's 6days+

I just picked this up.. is there any concensus on what the best perks and gadgets are to start picking up? Also, is it better to deconstruct or sell gear?
Deconstruct or sell fully depends if you need credits or materials. Keep both stocked up.

Branded gear will break down partly into branded materials if you're looking to craft brand set items. Until you hit WT% though your build really doesn't matter much, just use the best stuff and use crafting to plug holes in your GS (remember, crafted items can't be reconfigured).

It's fine to mess around with builds as you level, I certainly did, just not worth the time to invest in fine turning them until you hit max.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
6 plus days to use your already gotten keys or to buy more keys with real money.

the chance to drop keys in-game is over

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I was at 30/40, so I just bought the rest. I don't play that much atm, so I didn't feel like grinding out the last ten. I'm mainly waiting for 515 drops and the gunner spec update before really diving back in.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I've mentioned this a few times in the discord, but does the way endgame builds/gear work in this game feel kind of obtuse or unnecessarily confusing to anyone else?

I really enjoyed the game, solo'd all the way up until WT5 outside of matchmaking for a few of the later strongholds/missions, had a good time. Got to the endgame and absolutely zero idea what I'm doing. After spending a bit of time in game but mostly browsing reddit and other places with multiple tabs open and Iliterally having to take notes I think I finally figured out a build I like and what drops I'm looking for (a fairly boring/standard 3/7/7 AR build for the most part). I live for the grind; I have thousands of hours in Diablo, Destiny etc, but in this game it feels unnecessarily difficult to figure out what to go for because of the way all of the set bonuses/possible item slots and possible mod slots work out, none of which are communicated in game as far as I can tell. Like, in game nowhere does it say this brand can only drop in these slots with these rolls etc, so I'm stuck spreadsheeting it out which normally I'm super into, but it feels like a chore here.

And now as a solo play and I've finally figured out more or less what I'm going for drop-wise, I have no idea what activities or content I should be doing or aiming for or matchmaking for. I really want to love the game but I feel like it makes it unnecessarily difficult lol. I plan on spending my entire upcoming Monday off playing and trying to really wrap my head around everything and get my feet wet in the endgame (I'm at like 482 or something right now) and that might help, but maybe the game just isn't solo friendly?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I took a month break after crafting Nemesis and now I'm completely lost with what to do with my build. Basically feels like I'm back to square one.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
There have been lots of major changes in the latest PTS build. I am not sure it is worth anyone's time to chase a build until Title Update 4 drops (and I do not know the timeline on this).

Oct 30, 2017
I've mostly just catered my "build" around the Demolitionist class so I run with a pretty potent SMG/LMG build with emphasis on armor, health, and damage to elites. The problem is with optimization since the game locks you into optimizing only one area or talent at a time (i.e., you can either choose offense/defense/skill or you can opt to change a talent). So even though I was originally going for more of a "tank" build, I can't revert, say a mask, back to base so I can upgrade damage instead. So now I've pigeonholed myself with a mask that does 24% damage to elites and has a optimized 16K defense stat even though I want to reoptimize my damage to elites stat using a trash mask with a 37% DTE stat.

The system is too restrictive since a change in build essentially requires you to find all brand new equipment with base stats comparable to the "god roll" stats of your current equipment. Something that is not an easy feat.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys. New to this thread. I wanna try the raid but have no idea where to start. Whats the best way to start a convo with some people and try and find a group? Hows everyone in here been doing it?

Moskitokrebs

Oct 28, 2017
Finally have time to play the division 2 on the Xbox again, just finished the mission to find grace Larson... And looking no join the Xbox ERAclan

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The system is too restrictive since a change in build essentially requires you to find all brand new equipment with base stats comparable to the "god roll" stats of your current equipment. Something that is not an easy feat.
This is true - it's got a few too many variables and requirements that makes the fountain of loot unrewarding, as there's a very, very low chance of rolling gear that's useful (having the talent(s) you want, the brand you want, the attributes you want (except for one, which you'll roll considerably higher at some point) AND the breakdown of red/blue/yellow you want and the mod slot(s) colour you want. Woof.

That said, the only thing that really makes it any easier is that...Division 2 is far more friendly for less efficient builds than the first game. It seems worse, because it's harder to unlock every talent/have the focus you want, but the game is easy to get through on Hard and Challenging on everything but the Raid. I mean, my best build right now has Safeguard fully inactive, because I just haven't found a mask that has what I need (same breakdown of everything, but one less red attribute). Everyone will tell you that talents are super critical to builds. And this is on console on a build based around headshot damage with an AR, which is considerably worse than just spec'ing into DTE and Weapond Damage. But it's still fine. -- but I still end up making it through pretty much all content first go, solo or in group, usually being the leader in kills/damage/revives and accuracy on my team.

Still, you're totally right. You can play for weeks and not find a piece that upgrades your build. A change to re-calibration, even if it just let you change one extra attribute, would help a ton.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it feels really obtuse and restrictive in general. I really enjoy the gameplay but when I'm at like 70 hours played and I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing and am having to have reddit and spreadsheets pulled up....yeah.

That aside, as a solo player would should I be doing to get better gear? Like I have no clue what activities I should be doing, I've got projects asking for types of gear etc that I have no idea where to be looking for other than just clearing Control Points?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah, it feels really obtuse and restrictive in general. I really enjoy the gameplay but when I'm at like 70 hours played and I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing and am having to have reddit and spreadsheets pulled up....yeah.

That aside, as a solo player would should I be doing to get better gear? Like I have no clue what activities I should be doing, I've got projects asking for types of gear etc that I have no idea where to be looking for other than just clearing Control Points?
-Clear level 3 control points for some more weapon mod blueprints (including a 20 round extended mag for ARs).
- always do the daily mission that asks for ceramics, steel etc. you get a blueprint each day which is good now and could be GREAT if crafting is buffed at somE point.-Invaded missions are great to max out specializations. And tons of loot along the way (and field proficiency caches, which drop GS500)...
- matchmaking for bounties is a fun way to get lots of action quickly.
- if you want to make the most optimal use of your time, Dark Zone contaminated items will always be GS500 and with the landmarks and bosses, it's insane how much loot drops.

Honestly, every activity will rain loot in WT5. You'll be drowning in high end loot and field proficiency caches...it's just about getting lucky with RNG. That's the difference between Div1 and Div2...with better recalibration and optimization at the end of its life, Div1 really valued a player's time. Now you'll get as much loot or more, but far, far less chance it will improve your build by even small % points.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So I FINALLY reached WT1. I was waiting for my friend and I to get there together. So now that we are here .....what the heck am I doing? I am reading the post above, but that feels more endgame to me. Do we just plow to WT5? I noticed you need to do some of the main missions to get access to the strongholds. Is that correct? Also, will it be the same all the way to WT5?

I believe you guys said just forget everything else and get to WT5 as soon as you can?

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
So I FINALLY reached WT1. I was waiting for my friend and I to get there together. So now that we are here .....what the heck am I doing? I am reading the post above, but that feels more endgame to me. Do we just plow to WT5? I noticed you need to do some of the main missions to get access to the strongholds. Is that correct? Also, will it be the same all the way to WT5?

I believe you guys said just forget everything else and get to WT5 as soon as you can?

Yup, do the 2 missions that are linked to 1 stronghold, reach the required GS and do the strong hold, that'll take you to the next world tier, repeat the process upto WT5.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Finally got all three Raid sets!!!
Negotiator's Dilemma is super Tanky and fun as hell to play with. Running this with Merciless as a main wespon is extremely fun and it wrecks faces super fast.
Tip Of the Spear is also super fun to play and it's almost like being in the club (especially during night time) with all the pulses coming from dead AI. Great healer snd support (20%dmg for each group mrmber is a lot). DPS is fine as well, I don't have best rolls on it, yet I'm #1 dps in every group I have been to.
Didn't run Aces yet cause it's buggy but I will as soon as it's fixed. Working on recalibrating it so it's ready to go once it's fixed.

30Days played on my main, 10 days on my second, time to start 3rd character lol

We got 4 eagle barers on thursday. 3 in the first run , one in the sond run. Sadly I didn't get one but hey, at least I still have something to look forward to lol

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, do the 2 missions that are linked to 1 stronghold, reach the required GS and do the strong hold, that'll take you to the next world tier, repeat the process upto WT5.

Okay so I did one. Can I do the same stronghold again or should I do all 3? Also what is the Basin?

So my score is only 306 and I need 325....What is the best way to raise that? Just do the missions and by the time I do them I should have enough for the stronghold?

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Okay so I did one. Can I do the same stronghold again or should I do all 3? Also what is the Basin?

So my score is only 306 and I need 325....What is the best way to raise that? Just do the missions and by the time I do them I should have enough for the stronghold?

Doing each stronghold progresses you to the next world tier. So after doing 2 missions/1 stronghold, you'll do 2 different missions and a different stronghold to go up another tier. Tidal Basin is what you finish WT4 with to progress you to WT5.

To bump GS, check all the vendors as they may have higher pieces than your current gear equipped to raise your GS and the gear dropped from missions.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DTE is a frustrating stat because you HAVE to have it and it can be so difficult to get with all the RNG nonsense. I'm lucky and got a 39%. It's still at 492 gear score. I could recalibrate it, but I haven't seen a point to do that.
Because there is NO build diversity in this game. Elites are meaningless since at high level literally EVERY ENEMY YOU FIGHT is a veteran or elite.

They need to do like a big balance/QoL pass of this game.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Is there an easy way to compare weapon DPS? I keep finding myself trying to decide between weapons that have a high rate of fire, but lower damage to weapons that have higher damage, but lower rate of fire. I wish there was some kind of DPS metric that let you know which weapon would be better overall.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to jump on the lack of (build) diversity in this game. The only constant in one of my builds is the merciless/demo/explosion talent thing I have going; explosive procs w/ high crit SMG and cluster bomb is pure bliss. Or at least it was for a few weeks.

Everything about this game is DPS-centric. I was really excited to take a more traditional approach and go Tank/CBQ with a shotty and perks/talents to compliment it (Give me all the aggro!) -- I mean, of course you can if you want to but you are doing yourself and whoever else you're grouped up with a disservice.

Anyway, this game needs some serious work for the long term.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an easy way to compare weapon DPS? I keep finding myself trying to decide between weapons that have a high rate of fire, but lower damage to weapons that have higher damage, but lower rate of fire. I wish there was some kind of DPS metric that let you know which weapon would be better overall.
Firing range

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Excited to see what comes out of E3. I would expect the first major new mode or surprise to be announced here. I'm hoping it's a fleshed out take on survival or Underground from the first game. Both had great potential, and just little tweaks here and there could've really made them standouts (come on survival open world map option).

The firing range is pretty solid in this game. You can choose the enemy type (red/purple/yellow/named), you can use it to measure DPS, accuracy, ranges, etc. via the different ranges, and can choose moving or stationary targets, while the game updates the stats on the fly. While truthfully, in mission is really what matters, with your damage output likely changing when enemies are flanking/running, etc. and that things like when you reload/how you position/what talents you can activate when in the heat of the batttle have as much to do with taking down enemies quickly as your stats may suggest, it's still a good starting point. It's a really good place to get a feel for when to drop mods that boost DPS because you need a slight bump in stability or accuracy, for example.

NubCakes09

Oct 28, 2017
I recently picked this up for the PS4 and am interested in joining the clan. I tried to quote the OP for the discord link but it didn't work. Would anyone be so kind as to PM me or reply with the link? Thanks!

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Here's what I spotted in the E3 presentation:

- Episode 1: Expeditions (July)
New main missions, new experiences
You go into the Woodlands and the National Zoo and one other location at least
The trailer showed locales that looked to suggest global missions (Asia, UK etc).
Perhaps it's like Underground from the first game, and you get sent to different countries?

- Episode 2: The Pentagon (this fall)
Black Tusk took it over, you have to stop them (sounds like a new Stronghold)
2nd raid comes out at this time too.

- Episode 3:
Manhunt, appears to be Coney Island/New York
It appears the final DLC will be to hunt down Aaron Keener (finally).

I'm guessing we'll get a much greater look at what Expeditions actually entail this week from a Division-focused stream?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hyped for the expiditions, Pentagon and hunting Keener. I don't really care about the second raid to be honest.

And a The Division movie coming to Netflix, could be cool.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Ep1 looks interesting... I was thinking it was going to be more like Survival than Underground, but now it's looking like the Coney Island expansion will probably be closer to Survival redux. Would love to see lots of Division 1 locales get ported over (it's selling for, what, $5 these days?), but I guess we'll probably just get a small-ish Coney Island map.

If nothing else, it's clear Ubi has an actual roadmap for the game, which is cool. Hopefully it means we'll actually get a year 2 down the line too.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Regarding Division 1 -- after months and months of showing up on sale after sale (and me stupidly passing on it because I wasn't into the series) ever since Division 2 released it never goes on sale (XBox here). What gives? I'd so love to play through the story and check out the environment but would really, really like to get it on sale rather than spend $50.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Division 1 -- after months and months of showing up on sale after sale (and me stupidly passing on it because I wasn't into the series) ever since Division 2 released it never goes on sale (XBox here). What gives? I'd so love to play through the story and check out the environment but would really, really like to get it on sale rather than spend $50.

even right now? It's 75% off (12.50) on PC right now for Ubi's E3 sale -- and tbh it was literally going for 90% off right up to the sequel's launch. Best Buy has physical copies for $11 right now.

Just keep an eye out for sales... Ubi is usually really good about discounting their back catalog, can probably get the season pass for $10-15 too if you find yourself enjoying the game.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, PC has been on sale several times in the last few months but the XBO price won't budge off of full retail (digital, I'm not interested in physical -- though $11 sure is tempting...).

Oct 30, 2017
I ventured into DZ East last night and got absolutely destroyed doing PvE stuff. Trying to take over BT landmarks was almost impossible between of the endless drones, assault robots, and grenadiers. I just gave up and left after my 5th death. Is DZ better when it has not been invaded?

MisterNugNug

Oct 27, 2017
Any active clans on PS4 recruiting? The ERA clan I joined seems dead now. I really want to try the raid but haven't had a chance.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Any active clans on PS4 recruiting? The ERA clan I joined seems dead now. I really want to try the raid but haven't had a chance.
Also in Era clan but the content burned out far quicker than Div1.
Once they sort the game out I'm sure the clan will be active. I tried to get eight players when the raid released but nobody seemed bothered. Must admit its been over a week since I logged on to the PS version.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a full green set but am around 470, can I re-calibrate or do I need to hope for better green gear drops? I'd like to keep the set as I'm getting free shock/fire/explosive rounds from it among other buffs.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I've got a full green set but am around 470, can I re-calibrate or do I need to hope for better green gear drops? I'd like to keep the set as I'm getting free shock/fire/explosive rounds from it among other buffs.
You can always re-calibrate it now...because if other, better green items drop, you can equip those and then destroy what you're currently wearing to make sure that re-calibration carries over. Basically, the only time to **really** worry about re-calibration is if you have an amazing piece where almost everything is just how you want it. Just make sure you're recalibrating the one thing you REALLY need onto it so you don't wreck an otherwise great piece by not having flexibility later.