• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I have about 192k armor and 6 in the blue "stat". Besides arent stats supposed to me normalized in dark zones?
Your armour is pretty low, so I'm guessing you went for a skill build?
Some players have 350k armour so can withstand Pvp better. Dark zone does not make everyone even, well unless they changed it but as far as I know Dark Zone still requires a really good build.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Your armour is pretty low, so I'm guessing you went for a skill build?
Some players have 350k armour so can withstand Pvp better. Dark zone does not make everyone even, well unless they changed it but as far as I know Dark Zone still requires a really good build.

Well this guy just didnt shred me in 1 ½ second he took on a whole squad of guys solo. Everyone died as fast as i did. As for "build" i have stacked alot of +% to elite damage.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Well this guy just didnt shred me in 1 ½ second he took on a whole squad of guys solo. Everyone died as fast as i did. As for "build" i have stacked alot of +% to elite damage.
Yep most players run DtE builds but that has no effect on Pvp.
Goes without saying you could of found a cheating player but I have seen a skilled player with a good build take a whole squad out.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Yep most players run DtE builds but that has no effect on Pvp.
Goes without saying you could of found a cheating player but I have seen a skilled player with a good build take a whole squad out.

What is a DtE build? Fairly new to the game here.. Just hit WT5. What stats should be prioritized for PvP? Armor? I've been spending a lot of time in the Dark Zones, but I'm still learning end-game.

Edit, worked it out.. Damage To Elites. Makes sense.

Last edited:

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
What is a DtE build? Fairly new to the game here.. Just hit WT5. What stats should be prioritized for PvP? Armor? I've been spending a lot of time in the Dark Zones, but I'm still learning end-game.
DtE = Damage to Elites (any enemy with a gold bar)
Imo for PvP Skill power is not to important because most fights are over very quickly so stack you build towards armour bonus and weapon damage not health bonus.
Also make sure you match armour piece perks & mods to the type of weapon you are using.
A lot of Dark Zone encounters are close quarters so maybe think about a good shotgun or smg rather than a longer range assault rifle.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Stupid question. I'm playing with some friends and we're all on world tier 2. If I go up to 3 and join one of their sessions will the enemies be tier 2 or 3?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
What? How is that supposed to work?
As a year one pass owner even I think this is daft.
Year one pass was not worth the purchase.
It was clarified that everyone gets the balance changes, raid discovery difficulty and matchmaking and apparel event on the 23rd. Season 1 pass holders just get the missions (2) and an investigation area (college) a week early, as well as two new classified assignments (exclusive, not timed exclusive), as advertised.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
They clarified that everyone gets the balance changes, raid discovery dofficulty and matchmaking and apparel event on the 23rd. Season 1 pass holders just get the missions (2) and an investigation area (college) a week early, as well as two new classified assignments (exclusive, not timed exclusive), as advertised.

Thank goodness, I was ready to rain down fire on Ubisoft for gating balance changes behind a season pass.

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been casually playing this game with family and I have aquestion I hope can be answered:

Is there ever a point to loadouts before endgame? I'm on World Tier 4 right now and all I've been doing is just swapping gear with higher gear score. Not really paying attention to any of the stats on them. It seems like a waste of time until there's finally a gear plateau since way better gear is constantly being thrown at me for every 30 minutes of gameplay or so. The progression happens so fast it's hard to care about the minutia in every piece of gear. Should I be paying more attention to the stats at this point? It's just odd that the game gives you stash upgrades and I never touch the stash and it gives you one more loadout at max level when I never touched that system either. Am I just playing it wrong?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So I've been casually playing this game with family and I have aquestion I hope can be answered:

Is there ever a point to loadouts before endgame? I'm on World Tier 4 right now and all I've been doing is just swapping gear with higher gear score. Not really paying attention to any of the stats on them. It seems like a waste of time until there's finally a gear plateau since way better gear is constantly being thrown at me for every 30 minutes of gameplay or so. The progression happens so fast it's hard to care about the minutia in every piece of gear. Should I be paying more attention to the stats at this point? It's just odd that the game gives you stash upgrades and I never touch the stash and it gives you one more loadout at max level when I never touched that system either. Am I just playing it wrong?
1 - for loadouts, only if you find fun in it. Most people would recommend not worrying about loadouts until WT5, when you're gear score 500-ish (490+ tends to have the chance to roll the stats you want).
2 - only worry about keeping gear under 490 if it happens to have a really good attribute roll (masks of any gear score, can roll up to 55% Damage To Elites, weapon damage (specific weapon or general) over 11% tends to be really good on any piece of gear, and % of health/armor gear can get pretty nutty too. But yeah, if everything looks like a mediocre roll, just deconstruct or sell it.
3 - you'll be using the stash at endgame. Between the gear sets and brandsets and each piece having so much RNG inherent to it, builds requiring specific numbers of offensive/defensive/utility rolls, there's a lot worth keeping. Then you add in the high attributes you find on otherwise cruddy gear that's worth keeping for recalibration, and really quickly you'll be dumping stuff into your stash.

But yeah, for now, personal advice, just don't worry.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This game fell off so hard for me and my clan of roughly 10 or so people. None of us play it anymore but I can say that while playing it was a great time. It just became boring and the in game systems did nothing to motivate logging in every day. Crafting was a chore, higher tier modes were too difficult to get into and doing the same boring ass dailies was not enticing, especially given the rewards weren't that great.

I have no idea how they are going to get this game back to the popularity level it was at when it launched. The fact that it was serviceable amid Anthem being terrible really propped Division 2 up as being the light at the end of the tunnel. Now I can't even muster the motivation to log in and haven't in a few weeks. Shame too cause I actually loved the world more than the original game.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
This game fell off so hard for me and my clan of roughly 10 or so people. None of us play it anymore but I can say that while playing it was a great time. It just became boring and the in game systems did nothing to motivate logging in every day. Crafting was a chore, higher tier modes were too difficult to get into and doing the same boring ass dailies was not enticing, especially given the rewards weren't that great.

I have no idea how they are going to get this game back to the popularity level it was at when it launched. The fact that it was serviceable amid Anthem being terrible really propped Division 2 up as being the light at the end of the tunnel. Now I can't even muster the motivation to log in and haven't in a few weeks. Shame too cause I actually loved the world more than the original game.

Maybe they don't have to get back to the level of popularity to what it was at launch. But I sincerely believe the skill changes along with making crafting less bullshit (Guaranteed 500GS crafting, crafted items are able to recalibrated) in TU5 would help. And whenever they make the loot RNG more reasonable (I.e making it able to re-calibrate 1 attribute and 1 talent per item, adjust the stat ranges and budgeting to be less narrow than it is currently, etc...) in a future update, I'm sure some people would come back

And given the fact its a looter shooter, I doubt some people who loved it at first will go back to it simply because the grind is the name of the game. No developer will be able to deliver as much content with as much as players would consume the content in a faster rate (Unless they willingly crunch themselves to death to deliver the content in a weekly basis, which I prefer they don't)

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you ignore the multiplayer loot shooter aspect and treat it as a ubisoft shooter like Far Cry it is an INCREDIBLE game full to the brim with content.

The loot aspect needs work but I don't know if anything can be done without fundamentally changing the game. It somehow has too boring of loot while at the same time having TOO much diversity of loot.

What I mean is a lot of stuff in the game has boring perks. It increases damage, marginally. Increases duration, marginally. etc. But the perks themselves have wildly varying tolerances. You can have a piece of armor that gives you 15% damage to elites and 3% critical hit damage. You get another drop. 10% damage to elites but 2% critical hit chance and 2% critical hit damage. Which one is better overall? It might not be the best example but I hope you know what I mean.

Putting together a build in this game feels like a feat of engineering.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting for the lift on crafting material caps and a massive increase on inventory to reinstall this. I spent too much time managing items VS playing the game in the end. The convoluted armor and skill mod system is the dumbest I saw in a while in a loot based game.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Those 20 runs of Challenging Jefferson Trade Center to get the Merciless finally paid off. Stacked as much Damage to Elites and 20% explosive as I could

pJjWvf2.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Today's State Of The Game in short form:
- Update comes out on Tuesday
- Discovery mode of the raid will officially not drop Eagle Bearer or the raid-exclusive gearsets but will drop 500 items guaranteed
- They are putting crafting/recalibration/stash boxes near the helicopter too, so that you can do that stuff in a social space
- Some new patches/commendations coming with the update, some related to...
- if you answer the calls for help you get endorsed with "Shephard points" up to level 99. There may be some cosmetics tied to it, but nothing to announce.
- They're looking at PVP/loot/optimization etc. but have nothing to talk about.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
With TU5 and Episode 1 (At least for pass holders) coming next week, it shouldn't be a surprise they have little to talk about.

Though I do feel for Yannick and Hamish having to take the fall for PvP issues in the game when its Red Storm's job to work on them. You'd think with Twitch chat that The Division is primarily a PvP/DZ-fest game

Actually, think and twitch chat don't belong the same sentence if you ask me lol

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Well then who will ever bother wasting time with this then? Massive always comes so close then decides to make a terrible decision like this.
I have no problem with the best gun dropping from the hardest content only. To me, it only feels bad because you can go months without being able to upgrade a single slot of an unoptimized build because of the frustrating levels upon levels of RNG and harsh recalibration options.

If there was a way in game, through optimization or multiple recalibrations, to slowly buff the gear I have, or to actively seek out an elusive piece I am missing, Imd be fine.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Calculated will work with skill kills in TU5. And to compensate that, its been reduced to 10% per kill:
SMHdcAj.png

I know not a lot of people give a shit about TU5 and rather wait for PvP or loot changes. But any excuse to play around with skill builds, hunt more lore collectibles, and use photo mode for the new story missions in Camp White Oak, Manning National Zoo, and Kenley College are fine by me

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm excited for and dreading TU5. Stoked for a couple of new missions, assignments and to raid with pals on a difficulty they can handle. Stoked for build diversity as long as the builds still need more than just being in cover, pressing a skill button, seeker kills, repeat.

I'm dreading that now pieces of gear with yellows and skill talents are viable because it's already an inventory nightmare when it was so easy to dismiss so much gear because the talents were mediocre.

Hoping changes to recalibration, RNG, and hell even stash size, come soon.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did they say TU5 would have crafted exotics always roll the highest damage or did I just imagine that cause I didnt see it mentioned when I was looking at the patch notes

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Is Expeditions designed to be super timegated, like seemingly everything else in TD2? Because that's what it looks like on the outside (not having touched PTS at all).

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Well then who will ever bother wasting time with this then? Massive always comes so close then decides to make a terrible decision like this.
Yeah it's a half-measure that makes no one happy. I don't really want to get into the same debate again, but just put match making in for the regular raid. I play on PS4 and the trophy data shows that only 1.1% of players have beaten it. So nobody is playing this thing.

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
played the two new levels and really liked the change of scenery.

holy shit at the skill buff. my sniper recon drone (coupled with the spotter talent) was up 90% because of the almost instant cooldown and increased duration.

on top the last chest gave me my fav gs500 rifle with fav talents. good start, lovin it so far.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Stoner is pretty good. It might replace my M60 that I've been using forever. I got one with Allegro, plus if you use Nimble Link Belt you can get a 667 rpm with 200 rounds. Also, Overwhelm gives you a decent damage buff without the -25% weapon handling with Unhinged.