• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
These levels are actually really fucking good, especially the zoo. The attention to detail is incredible.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
When I played the Zoo on PTS my only gripe was the wildlife didn't attack. Overall its a great level to do. Top marks to Massive and a nod to the artists!

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
When I played the Zoo on PTS my only gripe was the wildlife didn't attack. Overall its a great level to do. Top marks to Massive and a nod to the artists!

I was thinking in the
crocodile area I was going to be attacked!

I noticed in the zoo mission there is a load of parrots that can be shot similar to the bears in the raid, anyone know what finding them all does?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
My takeaways from a morning of playing:
  • The skill changes are intense. I say that because I don't have skill builds and they still benefitted drastically from this. My healer drone, when self-destructed, would take 49 seconds to come back. Now it's 30 seconds. My chem launcher heal went from something like a 50% heal boost to a 87% heal boost.
  • The Crafting bench to 500 is a game changer, but man...it takes so many materials. I need a pair of Murakami gloves. With RNG, it will probably take 10+ rolls to get one with AR damage, Armor and Compensated. Right now I can make one pair before having to farm a bunch again.
  • On The Ropes now works better with pulse, since it goes on cooldown almost immediately, not when the pulse is done. So you're getting Spotter + On The Ropes bonuses at the same time. Whoa.
  • Berserk now works with LMGs. That seems nuts. I guess except for the fact that most PVP builds stack armor not health. But still, that should definitely change builds too.
  • The two missions are really fun and feel different. The zoo is the standout for sure, though. The other one feels more like a setup for the next round of missions.
  • The summer apparel event is mostly ridiculous (seeing short sleeve shirts + shorts covered up up by bulky military gear), but also, kind of needed as at least it looks different than the drab generic clothing. Luckily I got 1/2 of the things I wanted in my first cache.
Stoked to try Expeditions, the Raid and the classified assignments after work.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having trouble upgrading the crafting bench to 500? Tried with both keyboard and controller now and it acts like there is some kind of error/bug or something in the UI.

Edit: Nevermind, solved out the issue.

Last edited:

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Can't wait to make a skill build later, ran Heroic Roosevelt earlier (the weekly reset has happened for those who didn't know, will it happen again Thursday?) and someone had a seeker build which was quite frankly fucking awesome. I was sprinting to a crowded group midway through (where in the Outcast version you destroy a large red tank to progress) and these seekers come bursting passed me and destroyed every single one of them, saved the clip, looked frickin mega.

I really need a cheat sheet for skill attributes now so I know the max power/haste so I know if what I'm looting is good or not. I've got afew 800+ pieces in my stash but as for skill haste I've no idea what the max roll is.

Is anyone having issues with the phone collectibles, there's a new one in the white house that I can't pick up and since playing a load more seemed to have spawned in missions and I can't remember if they're old or new. I ran federal bunker and picked like 5 up or more and some that I was unable to pick up.

Overall I'm enjoying it, got the Carbine 7 but haven't tried it yet. Seems plenty to do "at the moment" but I had plenty to do beforehand so keep it coming. Haven't ran the new classified assignments yet, wanted to clear the invasion with it being Roosevelt as it was the last piece I needed from shorty to craft the nemisis on my alt.

Oh, and my eagle bearer went up 7k so I must've had a shitty roll lol happy days.

Edit:
I assume dte stacks with skill damage so I still want a high dte roll on the mask and hard hitting on 1 or 2 gear pieces with skill orientated talents?

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
Decent content update but this feels really buggy. On the main missions you often get people stuck in other instances of the mission so you have no other choice than to kick them out. If you're the one stuck like this and decide to go it alone you get stuck in an infinite loading screen upon respawning. They still haven't updated the bombardier deployment mechanics. When you hold down the deployment button you need a very specific surface to send the drone fast in a straight line where you are looking at. The new maps are all hills so you need to screw around with setting start and end points for the drone.

Nov 2, 2017
Skill changes sound nifty, but fuck I need them to give me a break on the inventory side of things. Who knows how long assembling another build will take?

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
There's new comms to be collected, but I've already come across two that I can't pick up or see, except on my radar it shows up. Very annoying.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
So after nearly 3 days of play time on ps4 I started playing on pc as I got a code for gold with a new GPU.
It's been really impressive playing it with high settings, locked 60 etc but I got hit with a bug last night that meant Uplay wouldn't finish the update or any other downloads. Always stopping after 8-9 gig meaning the patch stopped at 99%. After trying a bunch of things using my vpn fixed it :)

Great... and now the connecting screen takes 2-3 minutes which I think was an issue before on PC. So hopefully they can fix it quickly as seems to be effecting a bunch of other people :(

Apart from that excited to jump in and try the new content. Replaying on pc just reminded me how great the intial 1-30 experience was and how much work and attention to detail went into this game.

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone is looking for a PC clan, we have available spots in Third Wave (Era clan). Message me if you want an invite.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
There's new comms to be collected, but I've already come across two that I can't pick up or see, except on my radar it shows up. Very annoying.

Apparently alot of comms got moved around (there's 2 in the white House I can't interact with) and you can't pick them up because you would have already picked them up previously to TU5, same with afew in safe houses. Why they moved them I don't know but it is frustrating seeing them on the map and isac calling them out when you already have them.

What's the most casual way to raise my GS from 450 to 500?
Discovery raid is a cake walk, all drops are 500. Matchmake for it and breeze through it getting all the drops.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
If I have a Liberty and a 490 Chatterbox, is it worth deconstructing the Liberty to upgrade the Chatterbox? Can I farm for Liberty parts again if I want a Liberty again?

Or should I just use a regular level 500 weapon?

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Did the just scrap the idea entirely?
Yes
If I have a Liberty and a 490 Chatterbox, is it worth deconstructing the Liberty to upgrade the Chatterbox? Can I farm for Liberty parts again if I want a Liberty again?
Or should I just use a regular level 500 weapon?
When you deconstruct a quest exotic the components for it will drop again so if you deconstructed your liberty to upgrade your chatterbox the first component for the Liberty would drop again midway through Capitol Hill.

Oct 27, 2017
Been trying to unlock the new specialization after taking a pause and wow, these unlock conditions are a whole lot of bullshit. You need to conquer some control points but if theyre already under friendly control you're shit out of luck. Or you need to kill 20 enemies with the turret in Grand Washington, with the only problem being there are only 9 enemies in that last stretch where you could use the turret. And this is only phase 1.
Why hasn't there been an outcry over this?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Been trying to unlock the new specialization after taking a pause and wow, these unlock conditions are a whole lot of bullshit. You need to conquer some control points but if theyre already under friendly control you're shit out of luck. Or you need to kill 20 enemies with the turret in Grand Washington, with the only problem being there are only 9 enemies in that last stretch where you could use the turret. And this is only phase 1.

Season pass players got everything unlocked, so they didn't have to do all those bs assignments.

Oct 27, 2017

I got it because I have the season pass, but I wanted to unlock it since there was other rewards, skins or something.

But I saw the requirements and decided to not do it, I agree with you, the conditions are silly.

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
The requirements are pretty ridiculous, but I enjoyed doing them. It gave me something to do when I was getting kinda bored with the game.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
This thread was buried, Only wanted to share that the update still didn't give me my face back. God help this game when BL3 drops and dlc for Destiny 2. I see the gear score went to 550 though, Badly needs the underground or survival.

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if was in the patch notes, but I feel like enemy movement are way more sporadic than before. Maybe I'm just getting worse at the game and I can't shoot for shit anymore. Also, the sound in the game has been cutting off a lot and my controller doesn't vibrate when I'm getting shot, so I end up dying, not realizing I'm getting hit.

Everdred

Oct 27, 2017
I played the game at launch and really enjoyed my 1 - 30 but every time I come back to this game I can't get back into it.

I do have a question though. Does conflict level out everyone's gear? I can pump a guy full of auto shotty from 3 feet away but they'll still kill me. Meanwhile, I'll have done about 20% damage. I've played 5 games in a row and never killed anyone. I would consider myself a highly skilled player so it isn't adding up at all.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Does anyone have a place to get the 50 kills on confused ennemies...? its just not working for me...the Washington Hotel trick to kill the 3 initial guys that come out confused already doesnt work anymore and I went inside and I get no confused kills...if you are in world exploration in a group,if the others kill some confused,does it count for you as well...? completly stuck there for the Gunner spec and I hear it gets worst...(just helped my friend kill the Basilic for a step in part 5) and that was a pain as well...

It's pretty shitty to have the requirements getting this automatically with the season pass being so stupid and a huge pain in the ass...I dont mind waiting a week for the expeditions because the Season Pass is so damn expensive but this shit is bad.

Last edited:

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have a place to get the 50 kills on confused ennemies...? its just not working for me...the Washington Hotel trick to kill the 3 initial guys that come out confused already doesnt work anymore and I went inside and I get no confused kills...if you are
The way I managed to do it was there was usually one of the baton guys that comes out with the group. You shoot his pouch and the three get confused. Reload the mission. I don't get why this wouldn't work anymore.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
The way I managed to do it was there was usually one of the baton guys that comes out with the group. You shoot his pouch and the three get confused. Reload the mission. I don't get why this wouldn't work anymore.

Thanks...one of my friend who has the Gunner Spec now used the pulse that confuses the ennemies,so we did it at that spot this way,I got the 3 of them per replay,so it went fast enough...Stage 4 of the Gunner looks less annoying to do also.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why the devs insist on making players redo missions so much. It's one of the few things that hamper my enjoyment of the game atm. I don't want to do 3 main missions which take half an hour each just to scratch off three bullet points from a project and I sure as hell don't want to re-unlock a mission I need to do by doing several other needed missions before it.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man occupied dark zone is some serious bullshit. 300k armor? Have fun getting shredded 5 seconds out of cover.
Patience? Good luck triggering it when you have exploding drones and grenades every 2 seconds
40k damage LMG? Well you'll run out of ammo from all the random patrols that join in on the landmark fun

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
Man occupied dark zone is some serious bullshit. 300k armor? Have fun getting shredded 5 seconds out of cover.
Patience? Good luck triggering it when you have exploding drones and grenades every 2 seconds
40k damage LMG? Well you'll run out of ammo from all the random patrols that join in on the landmark fun

nice, sounds like a lot of fun. i finally need to venture more in the darkzone. i really like the ensuing chaos of the larger scale fights. drops will be worth probably as well...

Oct 27, 2017
I needed something to re-invigorate/enhance my gaming experience of late so I decided to upgrade my GTX 1070 to a RTX 2070 and wow, I more than doubled my performance with the same settings in TD2 which exceeded my expectations by a lot. That said, the latest update for this game did absolutely nothing for me...the couple new missions and expedition? Yuck, they were more boring than I ever could have expected...this game needs a new mode in a big way. I'm very surprised this game doesn't seem to have the legs right now but I feel the same about my other favorite series (Destiny) too so maybe it's just me. I just don't find the gear remotely interesting anymore to repeat the same content over and over, fun gear sets and a large variety of them would likely help.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Yup, the Kenly college was pretty boring to me as well....reusing the same areas for monotonous defend encounters. Camp White Oak was fairly boring as well with nothing of note but I loved Manning Zoo, the best part of the episode by far
Yep the "stay in this area for 5 minutes while enemies spawn all round you" got old real quick. The one in the library where you have to defend the 3 rotating computers was especially the worst at this.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The one in the library where you have to defend the 3 rotating computers was especially the worst at this.

Yep, that sequence was terrible. I'm at the point where I am not overly motivated to do the rest of it when it unlocks next week...but the loot may be worth it.

After completing the first 2 wings though we know it's just going to be more of that. Yawwwwwn