• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
Really loving this update. Kenly College is probably my favorite part. I like how each area is one large mission with lots to explore. Also, the fact that different parts of the campus unlock each week (over the course of three weeks) is probably a good idea in extending the longevity of this update.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Oh good, we do have a general for this!
I picked up the game a while back on sale and started digging into it with a friend. We've had a ton of fun and finished up the Capitol for World Tier 1 to be activated.

So, a few questions now are running through my head:

- did we screw up with the Hunters? My friend did a few on his own, before we activated the world tier, but..now are they going to be harder than if we had done them before?

- my friend has been playing on my session and unlocking things. He didn't get the bobblehead keychain from the Hyenas or the patch/tags from the True Sons since they're random boss loot drops...but I did. So...is it possible for us to replay those stronghold missions now that the Black Tusks have taken over? Do we have to start a new character or something for him to try to get them? Is it only the session owner who gets the boss drops or did i just get insanely lucky getting them both on our first tries through the fight?

- I know that now the civilians will take over control points/every faction will take them over but...is there a point where I can take them all over and NOT have them be up for grabs? I kind of liked having the whole map cleared off. Will it at least not be red any more when we stomp out the Black Tusks?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
So to get the Diamondback exotic you have to do the 3 Kenly places,with the 3 investigations inside each one on a higher difficulty...? or can you complete Library lets say and logout or head to the White house and it will be done when you head back for the week...?

Oh good, we do have a general for this!
I picked up the game a while back on sale and started digging into it with a friend. We've had a ton of fun and finished up the Capitol for World Tier 1 to be activated.

So, a few questions now are running through my head:

- did we screw up with the Hunters? My friend did a few on his own, before we activated the world tier, but..now are they going to be harder than if we had done them before?

- my friend has been playing on my session and unlocking things. He didn't get the bobblehead keychain from the Hyenas or the patch/tags from the True Sons since they're random boss loot drops...but I did. So...is it possible for us to replay those stronghold missions now that the Black Tusks have taken over? Do we have to start a new character or something for him to try to get them? Is it only the session owner who gets the boss drops or did i just get insanely lucky getting them both on our first tries through the fight?

- I know that now the civilians will take over control points/every faction will take them over but...is there a point where I can take them all over and NOT have them be up for grabs? I kind of liked having the whole map cleared off. Will it at least not be red any more when we stomp out the Black Tusks?

Yes your friend will be able to replay the Strongholds,either invaded but you have to do 3 other missions first or when it is not in the weekly projects...and no you cannot clear all the map of red control points....well not when you get to the World tiers.Come to think of it I am not sure if you can while you are goint through the story missions the first time...probably not,you have enough time to clear stuff before they come back slowly.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So to get the Diamondback exotic you have to do the 3 Kenly places,with the 3 investigations inside each one on a higher difficulty...? or can you complete Library lets say and logout or head to the White house and it will be done when you head back for the week...?

Mate and I did the first 2 wings last week (Metro station & Library), he was hosting and they also marked as completed in my game. Student Union was greyed out at the time.

Logged in last night and we cleared the student union and we both grabbed the diamondback from the chapel...so yeh, it dsaves progress if that is what you are asking....just make sure to do it all before the reset in 7 days-ish

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Mate and I did the first 2 wings last week (Metro station & Library), he was hosting and they also marked as completed in my game. Student Union was greyed out at the time.

Logged in last night and we cleared the student union and we both grabbed the diamondback from the chapel...so yeh, it dsaves progress if that is what you are asking....just make sure to do it all before the reset in 7 days-ish

Yes,that is what I meant ;)...thanks,I figured they did not make you do all 9 investigations in one run,just wanted to make sure.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Yes your friend will be able to replay the Strongholds,either invaded but you have to do 3 other missions first or when it is not in the weekly projects...and no you cannot clear all the map of red control points....well not when you get to the World tiers.Come to think of it I am not sure if you can while you are goint through the story missions the first time...probably not,you have enough time to clear stuff before they come back slowly.

Ah yep, he ended up going on his own to solo the story mode version of them and got both the missing keychains. We actually did have every point taken over before we hit World Tier I which was..you know, nice to see them get instantly taken over but eh.

and....then we did it again. An absolute madman's gauntlet of running and taking over every. single. control point. I think it took us a grand total of 3 and a half hours with just the two of us running and gunning both the control points and splitting up to stop the naruto running attackers heading to the already taken over control points. The worst one was that we somehow aggravated something up in the top left of the map and had a tier 3 alert control point which spawned only purple/gold enemies including flamethrower idiots and the big guys with the hammers.

Our last fight was back on the Crash Site which was pretty awesome. Just absolute madness. I'll take those chess pieces and never remove them from my bag now.

So now we just have the side mission, and then we can head to tidal basin since the rinsing of the control points got us all the good loot we needed for the check.
We finished off Kenly College too, so...is there a Challenge mission we're missing? Presumably the one with the fries keychain right, since that was in the Y1 pass image but isn't available yet?

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Have they put any kind of ETA or news regarding loot 2.0 or whatever people are calling it? I haven't even bothered booting the game up in 5-6 weeks which is a goddamn shame as I absolutely love the gunplay and gameplay loop, but the way stats/talents/etc roll on gear is complete trash as has been beaten to death here and everywhere so I'll skip it. If they don't have at least some sort of concrete news in the next few weeks I'm probably going to uninstall, I'm already having a hard time seeing myself go back after a really long break, and especially after Borderlands 2 hits.

Division 2 is probably going to be in my top 3 favorite games this year, but also is easily my biggest disappointment of the year lol. It was SO CLOSE to completely fucking nailing it. Still sad about it :(.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Have they put any kind of ETA or news regarding loot 2.0 or whatever people are calling it? I haven't even bothered booting the game up in 5-6 weeks which is a goddamn shame as I absolutely love the gunplay and gameplay loop, but the way stats/talents/etc roll on gear is complete trash as has been beaten to death here and everywhere so I'll skip it. If they don't have at least some sort of concrete news in the next few weeks I'm probably going to uninstall, I'm already having a hard time seeing myself go back after a really long break, and especially after Borderlands 2 hits.

Division 2 is probably going to be in my top 3 favorite games this year, but also is easily my biggest disappointment of the year lol. It was SO CLOSE to completely fucking nailing it. Still sad about it :(.
There will be an ETF (elite task force, basically the most serious Div 2 players and streamers) testing the next update and offering feedback. Those people have not been notified if they are being flown to Massive yet or not so...gotta figure the next major update on loot, PVP, etc. is likely not before...October?

I'm with you. I went a monthor so without logging in. Went back yesterday and remembered how much I love the moment to moment gameplay. But still, no solid reason to log back in because upgrades are so hard to come by...

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
There will be an ETF (elite task force, basically the most serious Div 2 players and streamers) testing the next update and offering feedback. Those people have not been notified if they are being flown to Massive yet or not so...gotta figure the next major update on loot, PVP, etc. is likely not before...October?

I'm with you. I went a monthor so without logging in. Went back yesterday and remembered how much I love the moment to moment gameplay. But still, no solid reason to log back in because upgrades are so hard to come by...

Damn. I'm with you, the moment to moment gameplay and loop is so goddamn good, but the loot situation is so fucking bad. I certainly hope they turn it around, but if this update is coming out in like November or later I don't know that even I'll give it a look at that point.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

They have not even acknowledged that loot is a problem so don't hold your breadth. Loot 2.0 is not a thing atm.

fdst1983

Aug 26, 2018
A simple noob question: 😁 just bought at the south dz vendor, the douglas&harding mask, at 473, but I want to upgrade to 500. How do I do this?

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
They have not even acknowledged that loot is a problem so don't hold your breadth. Loot 2.0 is not a thing atm.

Oof. Well I've uninstalled, it was a pretty good few hundred hours and I ultimately don't regret it, but man did they drop the ball hard on what could have been an incredible full-time experience. No way I see myself coming back to this after Borderlands 3 and all of the other crazy releases happening in the next few months. Good luck everyone!

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Oof. Well I've uninstalled, it was a pretty good few hundred hours and I ultimately don't regret it, but man did they drop the ball hard on what could have been an incredible full-time experience. No way I see myself coming back to this after Borderlands 3 and all of the other crazy releases happening in the next few months. Good luck everyone!
I mean, this is from their official website referring to TU6 and what the ETF is going to be commenting on...

Next steps for The Division 2 team
  • The next step is to start addressing things our players engage with us about regularly in an update before the next Episode. The dev team wants the community's input on what they feel needs to be improved, including these topics:
    • Endgame RPG
    • Gear Acquisition
    • Inventory management
    • How all theses changes synergize in PvE and PvP
  • These are just some high-level examples and should not limit your feedback. They want to hear from you on the forums, so please share what you want them to improve and how it should be improved.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Right, that was the thing I'd seen posted before, but the game's been out for months now, and the endgame loot problem is *immediately and blatantly obvious* within 10-20 hours of hitting WT5. There's a quote from one of their PR or dev folks saying something about how there's all kinds of things they don't learn about until millions of people are playing their game which is very true, but is actually insulting in this case. I was hoping for something much more concrete at this point considering how long WT5 has been out and how immediately I hit a brick wall and only got a few minor upgrades in the last 100+ hours I played (with NONE of my slots being optimal, or even close to it). So if that's still their talking point, nothing meaningful is going to happen in the next 3-4 weeks at which point that ship has sailed for me completely with Borderlands 3 out and other games already out or coming out right after that.

Don't get me wrong, more power to anyone sticking with it, I stuck with it far longer than I should have. But it's been freaking months and this was a very clear problem so at a certain point it's just time for me to move on. If the core gunplay and gameplay loop wasn't so goddamn good I would have dropped it 200+ hours earlier honestly.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I mean, this is from their official website referring to TU6 and what the ETF is going to be commenting on...

Next steps for The Division 2 team
  • The next step is to start addressing things our players engage with us about regularly in an update before the next Episode. The dev team wants the community's input on what they feel needs to be improved, including these topics:
    • Endgame RPG
    • Gear Acquisition
    • Inventory management
    • How all theses changes synergize in PvE and PvP
  • These are just some high-level examples and should not limit your feedback. They want to hear from you on the forums, so please share what you want them to improve and how it should be improved.

Yeah, but none of this is happening this year. Give it at least a good 6-8 months before any significant and game changing updates are made.

My money is on march-april when they launch their paid Year-2 pass is when the major updates would come through.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah, but none of this is happening this year. Give it at least a good 6-8 months before any significant and game changing updates are made.

My money is on march-april when they launch their paid Year-2 pass is when they major updates would come through.
Huh. My guess was ETF over by October, TU6 launching October or November. Then again, that is just based on them already addressing the issue before TU5 came out with a plan for the ETF announced as well. March-April would be a brutal wait, but...my guess isn't any more valid than yours for timeline.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
If they do anything around October most people will be on Shadowkeep or other Christmas period games.
Not sure Div2 is going to recover like Div1 did.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Whilst TU5 brought a long overdue buff to skills (the cooldown times at launch were fucking cooked), the Expeditions are lacking in content and ideas, surely an expedition for each faction works better? They've been waste of money for Season Pass owners too and disabled until the Mastery system can launch...

Time gating content, like Cassie Mendoza once the Snitch has been found, or the weekly wait for each Expedition zone to unlock, can honestly fuck right off and I hope the ETF members strongly convey this to the dev team.

On top of the longstanding loot and inventory management issues, there's been some outright baffling design decisions made by the lead team on Div 2. The shitty UI layout comes to mind (why on earth can't players access the map via main menu buttons???), plus what's become of the Hunter faction. They (and their AI) formed some of the best encounters in Div 1's Survival and Underground modes, while being relegated to novelty easter eggs here. I understand Black Tusk needing to be emphasised as end-game enemies, but whose bright idea at Massive was this?

I'm not sure if they should bother with the next raid featuring True Sons until they can get the fundamentals in a better place, because expecting the community to care for that given the laughable state of some systems, is as stupid as the those JTF members in shirts storming a BTSU-held bridge equipped with heavy ordnance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cornbread78

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
i think we should consolidate

Mike said he would pass on leadership of the clan over to you so you can make cuts and add new blood as you see fit, but yeah almost all the 6 Era clans are

UltimateBigAsianwaterbuffalo-small.gif

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
I havent played this since launch but got as far as reaching the stronghold missions. Can these be completed solo? What should I focus on to progress? What's worth checking out re new content?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I havent played this since launch but got as far as reaching the stronghold missions. Can these be completed solo? What should I focus on to progress? What's worth checking out re new content?
Yup, you can definitely complete the Strongholds solo.

I'd say the biggest changes since launch have been:
- World Tier 5
- A couple of new missions (Camp White Oak, Zoo) north of the map
- major improvements to skill builds
- a new specialization (the Gunner - basically a minigun)
- Expeditions (this mode is currently offline while they make changes to make it more like something you'd come back to)
- Classified Assignments (small missions available to season pass holders only)
- The Raid (two difficulties - one allowing matchmaking, one where you need to group up with 7 other people first)
- Allowing the crafting bench to craft items at 500 level
- Some exotic weapons and gear pieces
- Heroic difficulty for the Invaded missions (and a chance for those bosses to drop exotics)

They are currently working on Title Update 6, which is supposed to address core issues with the game relating to Loot and Inventory management.

The next Episode in the DLC plans should see three new missions and the 2nd raid as well.

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
Thanks! I haven't reached the World Tier stuff, do the strongholds unlock it?
The map is a bit daunting atm as I haven't played for a while and I'm a bit lost on what to do next

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Thanks! I haven't reached the World Tier stuff, do the strongholds unlock it?
The map is a bit daunting atm as I haven't played for a while and I'm a bit lost on what to do next

Yes, after you hit lvl 30 and complete the 3 strongholds (District Union Arena, Roosevelt Island & Capitol Building) as part of the story you progress into WT1, the Black Tusk invade the map so you can do invaded missions and the specializations become available.

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot believe how little desire (well, zero desire really) I have to play this game, just unbelievable. Loot is a problem (mostly the fact that there is so much of it and 99.999 % of it is simply useless) in many ways and the content is just, blah city. It really sucks that this is such a borefest currently. It needs lots of variety concerning gear sets and weekly/weekend events and, hell, the incursions and legendary missions from TD1 were way, way better than anything in the current end-game from TD2.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Hey everyone, just wanted to say that I look forward to play with some of you...I'll be playing this starting this week thanks to UPlay+. I just joined the discord as well!

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe how little desire (well, zero desire really) I have to play this game, just unbelievable. Loot is a problem (mostly the fact that there is so much of it and 99.999 % of it is simply useless) in many ways and the content is just, blah city. It really sucks that this is such a borefest currently. It needs lots of variety concerning gear sets and weekly/weekend events and, hell, the incursions and legendary missions from TD1 were way, way better than anything in the current end-game from TD2.

Seems pretty clear that the teams that were responsible for rehabilitating the first game were not the same teams working on the second game. A big shame. The gunplay feels so much better but all the RPG/MMO systems and elements took a huge step back.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
State Of The Game returns tomorrow. I'm guessing it'll mostly be a "hey we're back, here's a brief timeline of the ETF, and Title Update 6 will focus on x, y, z, without actually discussing major changes yet. From the sounds of it we'll get a little roadmap for State of the Games this month, each focusing on as specific part of the next title update (my guess is that the most wanted topics to be discussed and fixed are likely: #1 loot/RNG (and re-calibration/optimization), #2 inventory management, #3 PVP balance and modes).

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
State Of The Game returns tomorrow. I'm guessing it'll mostly be a "hey we're back, here's a brief timeline of the ETF, and Title Update 6 will focus on x, y, z, without actually discussing major changes yet. From the sounds of it we'll get a little roadmap for State of the Games this month, each focusing on as specific part of the next title update (my guess is that the most wanted topics to be discussed and fixed are likely: #1 loot/RNG (and re-calibration/optimization), #2 inventory management, #3 PVP balance and modes).

Now postponed till next week.