• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Just started playing on PC. Read the OP, but is there an Era clan that is most active? More for social than anything else. Thanks!

knee

Oct 28, 2017
Friends,

I just started on XBOX One and I'm trying to get to 30 ASAP so I can run world tier / raid stuff with other friends. Any advice / help / power leveling available?

I hit 30 on PS4 already, so I'm not worried to much about story, cutscenes, etc.

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Friends,

I just started on XBOX One and I'm trying to get to 30 ASAP so I can run world tier / raid stuff with other friends. Any advice / help / power leveling available?

I hit 30 on PS4 already, so I'm not worried to much about story, cutscenes, etc.

Thanks!
I believe that if you join a friend's world tier 5 missions on heroic, and just hang back, they shouldn't have a problem finishing as a 3 person team, and also should net you a ton of XP?

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Good QoL changes to loot and re-calibration from SoTG which will make acquiring loot and builds easier, but it's not the Loot 2.0 which many people were expecting. Easier to target specific loot, more named items with 'perfect' talents, brands will have all 6 armor slots, gear sets will max out bonuses with 4 pieces instead of 6..

TU6 sometime in October, PTS coming soon - more info on 25th Sept.

DZ and PVP changes in next weeks SotG.

Nov 2, 2017
Is there a good summary somewhere? Can only find a couple bullet points.

Still seems like brutal RNG, but I'll check out a full recap when I find it.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Here's a summary from the community discord:
image0.jpg

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks, much appreciated.

Hard to judge. Targeted loot drops and opening recalibration a bit is nice. But expanding all the brands to 6 pieces will come close to doubling the number of possible high end armor drops right? Plus those named armor pieces. I already thought planning out a build was too involved.

I dunno, RNG kinda on a seesaw there, going up and down.

Oh but the gearset change seems good, although I say that having not actually used them.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Thanks for the recap from Discord.

Seems like good changes overall and happy that the TU6 is coming in October, which was when I expected, but quite a bit earlier than some of the speculation in this thread (someone thought March/April).

Thoughts:
  • The named items and new loot pools tied to missions/zones will make it so there's a reason to play specific content again, including bounties, or just roam the world, to target specific loot. This is nice, because lately I've just been playing the Raid. Now if I'm looking for a Gila Guard chest, I might play something different.
  • Stash space going up to 300 is big for the changes coming (since at the very least we'll probably all want 35 new named items).
  • Recalibration: The ability to change a coloured talent to another one is pretty huge, as is the ability to transfer talents that don't normally roll on a specific brand set. Those have been really limited in the past (if you wanted unbreakable, you were really limited to what gear you had to run, for example). The UI change makes a lot of sense too. That will definitely shakeup some metas in min-max world.
  • The main thing I wanted to see that I didn't here was either being able to re-calibrate a talent AND an attribute or to optimize rolls already on a weapon/gear, since I've been playing the same build for months and not having luck pushing it up those last % points. That said, maybe the other changes to loot pools and re-calibration opening up might make this less crucial.
  • Basically, these are a lot of changes, and add flexibility, but it's hard to know yet if this will make a really noticeable change to how hard it is to put together builds, since there's a lot more dropping too. On the surface, looks like it's positive, but only time will tell.
Clarifications from the Discord summary:
  • re: Brand sets now have items with all slots...means that Airaldi now has mask/chest/kneepad/backpack/gloves/holster (where previously it didn't have all of them) - exception is .511 (because it's a real world set). This could change builds quite a bit, since before you sometimes had to take a worse piece of gear just because of what was the only one possible to roll on other ones. It'll mostly change the min-maxing.
  • Named items being introduced are for both weapons and gear. Some will have visual changes.

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
actually the changes sound pretty promising to me. certainly not end of the line, but a good step in the right direction.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say it here so I won't be torn to shreds, but I was playing Gears 5 yesterday and really missed The Division's cover and vaulting mechanics -- especially its cover to cover movement. Made me appreciate just how cleverly all that stuff is executed.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. It's looking like the next update may change that with a higher cap and a lot faster to collect them.
Thanks for the response. The end game item and material management was so shitty it was the reason I quit. Too bad it's coming so late, it also soured all my IRL friends and they also moved on.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'll say it here so I won't be torn to shreds, but I was playing Gears 5 yesterday and really missed The Division's cover and vaulting mechanics -- especially its cover to cover movement. Made me appreciate just how cleverly all that stuff is executed.
Same. I'm on the last chapter and loving it but man, missing some small Division movement features a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I wasn't expecting to see this many balance changes on the PTS during this phase, since next week that is the focus. Looks like, yet again, my main loadouts are getting nerfs (not huge ones, but nerfs nonetheless). That means that, since reaching World Tier 5, I think all of my characters have been hit with nerfs, none with buffs. That's a frustrating experience - to play a game for 6-ish months and get weaker over that time so consistently.

Still, I'm sure that named weapons will give me the chance to make up some of those nerfs (particularly the one to Unstoppable Force on my main).

Nov 2, 2017
I wasn't expecting to see this many balance changes on the PTS during this phase, since next week that is the focus. Looks like, yet again, my main loadouts are getting nerfs (not huge ones, but nerfs nonetheless). That means that, since reaching World Tier 5, I think all of my characters have been hit with nerfs, none with buffs. That's a frustrating experience - to play a game for 6-ish months and get weaker over that time so consistently.

Right now it just feels so hopeless trying make/adapt a build for these changes. I can't believe they describe loot targeting as "a higher drop chance". They just doubled the amount of branded items in the loot pool, and they're talking about a % chance to target a certain brand?

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Quick question, are there any in-game positives to being in a clan? Like, getting items and such like Destiny?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Quick question, are there any in-game positives to being in a clan? Like, getting items and such like Destiny?
The main thing is that you have access to a Clan Vendor (which rotates like the other vendors and often has items with really high rolls) and earn weekly claches if your clan is active. At this point, I tend to earn the bottom tier weekly cache on my own on weeks that I play, but getting the 2nd and 3rd tiers usually requires a healthy group of active players. But yeah, basically, you might as well be in a clan, as there's no real downside.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
The main thing is that you have access to a Clan Vendor (which rotates like the other vendors and often has items with really high rolls) and earn weekly claches if your clan is active. At this point, I tend to earn the bottom tier weekly cache on my own on weeks that I play, but getting the 2nd and 3rd tiers usually requires a healthy group of active players. But yeah, basically, you might as well be in a clan, as there's no real downside.
Thanks! Does ERA have a clan? I know that people are really down on the game and that everyone is at the Tier 5 endgame.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Thanks! Does ERA have a clan? I know that people are really down on the game and that everyone is at the Tier 5 endgame.
I believe they are in the Discord (accessible through the OT). It sounds like a lot of them are dead or have low active player counts. If you're on XBOX, join Kneel And Flex. We probably won't be on much before the October update, but then a group of 4-5 of us will probably be on 3-4 times a week doing all of the endgame content again/trying out the new features, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
New PTS patch notes has a huge change that may have been interesting at launch but is devastating to read for me after playing the game for six months, slowly finding the pieces for 2-3 good builds.

You can no longer stack talents. You can only have things like Hard Hitting or Hardened or Devastating on one piece of gear.

I believe this means that not only do all of my builds need to be re-farmed that basically every popular build in the game does (did any of theRaid builds, for example, not stack hard hitting talents? Did any skill build not stack things like Destructive? Did any DPS build not have at least a couple of Devastastings?). If this makes it to the live server, unless re-balancing of the talents gets stronger, I just honestly don't know if I have it in me to start from scratch. Ooof.

This also seems like overall a heavy nerf to PVE builds which seems unecessary given that the Raid is still inaccessible to most players.

Last edited:

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the change to the stacking talents is insane.Good luck to those having to re-farm all their builds !

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
New PTS patch notes has a huge change that may have been interesting at launch but is devastating to read for me after playing the game for six months, slowly finding the pieces for 2-3 good builds.

You can no longer stack talents. You can only have things like Hard Hitting or Hardened or Devastating on one piece of gear.

I believe this means that not only do all of my builds need to be re-farmed that basically every popular build in the game does (did any of theRaid builds, for example, not stack hard hitting talents? Did any skill build not stack things like Destructive? Did any DPS build not have at least a couple of Devastastings?). If this makes it to the live server, unless re-balancing of the talents gets stronger, I just honestly don't know if I have it in me to start from scratch. Ooof.

This also seems like overall a heavy nerf to PVE builds which seems unecessary given that the Raid is still inaccessible to most players.

Pretty stupid if this really becomes effective without any Counter balancing ...

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Pretty stupid if this really becomes effective without any Counter balancing ...
There is counter balancing in that individual talents are buffed. Aka Hard Hitting goes up to 25%. But because you can only have it once, overall DTE will be way lower on a build, compensated for by other weapon damage talents. My big worriea are:
1- do I have the energy to refarm 5/6 pieces of gear for each build, since all have been recalibrated already.
2- with unique talents, I'm worried all DPS builds will have one hard hitting, one devastating, one precision, one of the new wpn dmg talents. Basically compensating for the loss of stacking for the talents but eliminating build uniqueness. No one will have 100%+ headshot damage builds, no one will have 85+% DTE builds, and no one will have super high crit builds, everyone will have those weapon stats spread across a variety of ways to do damage.

People are saying builds will become more interesting but I just see this making them all feel more similar?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
After looking it over, stats wise, the unique talent change actually doesn't look that bad for my main character. The biggest problem will be refarming the replacement pieces. This is what it would look like on my PVE build if I could just re-calibrate the useless talents.

-20% DTE (as 2/3 pieces I have it on can no longer roll with it)
+15% DTE (as Hard Hitting now counts for 25% instead of 10%)
= - 5% DTE nerf, but have 2 new talents to work with

-10% hardened (as only 1/2 pieces can roll with it)
+10% hardened (as it now rolls with 20% instead of 10%)
= No change, but have 1 new talent to work with

Unstoppable Force (killing an enemy grants 1% (down from 2%) weapon damage for every 20.000 (down from 25.000) max armor)
For me, this represents a 9% drop in weapon damage after killing an enemy

P416
- 5% damage decrease
- 5% rate of fire decrease (from nerf to Chatterbox)
So I'd sit at -14% weapon damage, -5% rate of fire, -5% Damage To Elites - so basically, -29% weapon damage to most PVE enemies I face

But have three talents to work with.
So I could add, say:
Concussion: 20% headshot damage bonus for 2 seconds (seems good for AR)
Devastating: 10% weapon damage
And have one talent to work with to either add more damage or survivability

The likely result is that my overall build gets a *slight* buff.
BUT, it takes refarming 3 pieces of gear, unless we can just straight up recalibrate the dead talents.

Last edited:

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
yeah, i just read up in the meantime. major shake up, lets see how it turns out.

but robbed any motivation to play currently. will jmp in again when tu6 is live.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
After looking at some of the things dropping on the PTS - the Named Gear, some of the high rolls, etc., I'm less concerned than I was this morning.

Honestly, if Airaldi masks can roll with red mods and red attributes, I'll probably only really need to replace one piece of gear to make my build nearly the same in power level while hunting those pieces down.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
New apparel event started today for anyone interested.

Full details are here and there will be afew changes to the standard caches:

Thanks for this. Logged in, and I actually like some of the items from this event (the Aviator jacket and Paratrooper shirt). The change to the regular caches is a good one, but really, there's *so* many items, I'd way, way rather there just not be a chance to get duplicates. I've been playing the crud out of this game since launch and still am missing a ton of cosmetics.

On the upside, coming from Gears 5, man does the movement and shooting feel good. Hah. I wasn't expecting it.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Thanks for this. Logged in, and I actually like some of the items from this event (the Aviator jacket and Paratrooper shirt). The change to the regular caches is a good one, but really, there's *so* many items, I'd way, way rather there just not be a chance to get duplicates. I've been playing the crud out of this game since launch and still am missing a ton of cosmetics.

On the upside, coming from Gears 5, man does the movement and shooting feel good. Hah. I wasn't expecting it.

No problem. It is a little shorter event than the last but only 30 items compared to 40 in the last.
I've wanted the white sneakers since release, still not got them and they're the only shoes left I've not unlocked :( I can't remember the last time I got a item, they've all been dupes.