• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
I thought my game was bugged until I saw a reddit thread with people throwing a fit. I don't know the range of the drop rate but it feels like 30% when leveling up.

I did have one streak of three keys, but I've only received 9-10 from over 50 level ups since and I'm still only at 23/30, pretty dreadful grind.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm at 16 keys from proficiency caches. Seems to be 1/2 or 1/3 at worst for me, which feels the same as previous ones. Can't tell if I'm lucky or others unlucky, as you'll tend to only hear from those who've had bad luck.

Last edited:

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Reading between the lines, they've pretty much confirmed changes to the rate along with the overall alterations to the Event system. It's fucking sneaky and of course, been poorly communicated.

From Community Dev ChrisGansler:

Hello! We agree with your feedback about the stretches of bad RNG where it can take a lot of Field Proficiency or Dark Zone Caches before you get another Apparel Event Cache key. We know it can be frustrating when you don't get a key, and the game does not provide you with this feedback or tells you if and when you'll get a key next.
For future events, we're currently looking at solutions which would allow you to have a more predictable path to acquire event keys and better feedback from the games' UI.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Notes from the State Of The Game. Mostly focused on Expeditions, Sherpherd System and some Named Items (how they drop). Looks like next week's State Of The Game is the one we want to tune in for (new content).

Things Being Worked On Right Now:
  • Apparel Cache Keys - will be improved for future events.
  • Currently testing changes for hit registration and latency, specifically in Conflict (these changes can be applied to the Dark Zone and other areas of the game if they go well.
  • Next week's State Of The Game is about the full content of Episode 2 - the new narrative mission(s), Pentagon and specialization.
Expeditions: Update goes live October 15th
  • Expeditions coming online again at once, stick around for 2 weeks for this round only. If you've completed on Story Mode, you can do Normal, Hard, Challenge and Mastery for each. These are basically time trials with a modifier (like Dead Drop, where enemies drop grenades when they die).
  • After that, will tend to be up 1 week, down 2 weeks, up 1 week etc.
  • Every time they are live, you can earn the Diamondback, for example, once. Which means you can get Exotic materials. Which, at this point, are largely pointless?
  • Shepherd System: everytime you join a session to help, your Shepherd bar is reset to 0 for that session. As you gain experience, thatblue bar fills up in top. When it fills up, you get an auto endorsement. When that happens, player who needed help can give a second endorsement. After a certain number of these endorsements, your Shepherd rank will go up. Sherpherd XP gets Shepherd Endorsements gets Shepherd Ranks, basically.
  • Should take about 5-10 minutes to get endorsements. Should progress way quicker than used to. 15 endorsements for the first rank, 7 for the next ones.
  • You get rewards based on your Shepherd Rank per season. First one comes out October 15th.
  • The reward you get from Shepherd System is a vanity item.
  • Manning National Zoo is now a Stronghold, better rewards, and can be invaded.
  • Camp White Oak can be invaded.
  • There is a hidden boss in Manning National Zoo that has yet to be found. Fulfill requirements, than find an interact/prompt, then boss spawns.
  • Named Items: rewarded when completing Tidal Basin during Invasion for the first itme. Completed heroic invaded mission you'll get one. Heroic bosses bonus items can be either exotics or named items. Better chances now. Named items can drop from any enemy too (open world, bounty, control points, etc.). Very low chance, but still...

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Do we still have to do those stupid Gunner quests lol...? I am stuck at the last 2,especially the one to kill the Basilic by breaking his armors one by one...sometimes it shows as broken on the legs and its not...

Last edited:

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Do we still have to do those stupid Gunner quests lol...? I am stuck at the last 2,especially the one to kill the Basilic by breaking his armors one by one...sometimes it shows as broken on the legs and its not...

Complete that one by dumping Demolitionist rounds onto him, they break his armour uniformly.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
I don't get why they keep emphasising exotic components. All exotics roll max stats so there is no need to craft another in hope of better damage or higher armour and it's not like you could craft 1 for an alt anyway because it requires the weapon itself to be donated for a new one to be crafted. Seems pointless since the update that maxed them out across the board. Quest based exotics like the nemesis etc also require the specific parts anyway so exotic components are useless unless if I'm missing something completely??

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Well I will be damned,that worked,whish I knew that a month ago lol...thanks for the heads up :) ...now all I need is 30 mounted gun kills in there...the only spot I know, I can get maybe 6 a run...ughhh.
If it's the one I'm thinking of, get on the mounted gun, kill as many as you can, leave one guy, kill yourself, rinse repeat. I think it took me five minutes (though it still felt like a tedious thing to do).

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
So I learned yesterday to get daily bounties you have to go to Otis in the white house, huh.

I needed 1 more outcast bounty to complete the Explorer project and thankfully got one off the Snitch but yeh, speak to Otis in the white house if you need anymore bounties :)

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The more I sit with the changes coming, the more I think I like them. And this is as someone who was furious that for the third time in a row, an update makes me re-farm builds because mine got nerfed (every single time, with not a single one actually being overpowered in PVE). So, I'm actually excited to build some new loadouts, I dig the quality of life stuff, new missions are welcome, etc...but...

It's really disappointing that the 2nd raid isn't until 2020 and that the new mode is just a PVP mode that isn't interesting to me. It's hard to get excited when Last Stand, Underground, Survival or something totally new isn't releasing alongside the new farming we'll have to do. Mostly the same missions, sure there's targeting, but, the Zoo and Camp White Oak held my attention for two playthroughs each, I doubt that the Pentagon missions will do more?

Anywho, all that to say, excited to boot it up on Tuesday, but wouldn't be shocked if it drops me fairly quickly after farming some named weapons, upgrading the technician specialization...and while, most importantly, I wait for more modes.

Last edited:

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I feel like we're gonna have paid DLC with Year 2.

Of course, that depends on how much they'll invest with Year 2.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth playing the first DLC? I have the pass so I should have it.

I will check out the last castle since its more story based.

Nov 2, 2017
Are we going to get more Mod inventory slots? There's already about 100 unique skill mods, adding another specialization will probably put it over.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Are we going to get more Mod inventory slots? There's already about 100 unique skill mods, adding another specialization will probably put it over.
Stash going up by 150. Worst case scenario, just stash a bunch in there.
Skill mods are stil a mess, though. You can have some drop that are completely unusable because of like 20 skill power difference between the required and what you have. It really, really feels like they should just have one of each combo of skill mods and have them scale instead. As it is, the RNG is nuts, because instead of just keeping one +heal for chem launcher, you have to keep like 4+ for each build and where they will likely sit on the skill power range. But it is what it is at this point...

Nov 2, 2017
Stash going up by 150. Worst case scenario, just stash a bunch in there.
Skill mods are stil a mess, though. You can have some drop that are completely unusable because of like 20 skill power difference between the required and what you have. It really, really feels like they should just have one of each combo of skill mods and have them scale instead. As it is, the RNG is nuts, because instead of just keeping one +heal for chem launcher, you have to keep like 4+ for each build and where they will likely sit on the skill power range. But it is what it is at this point...

Yeeah considering how weapon mods work in the very same game, skill mods are bonkers. I really hope it doesn't come to stashing them. Hard to decide if you should keep new drops if you have to go back to the stash to compare them.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeeah considering how weapon mods work in the very same game, skill mods are bonkers. I really hope it doesn't come to stashing them. Hard to decide if you should keep new drops if you have to go back to the stash to compare them.
God, weapon mods are such a dream. You had to earn 'em through missions and control points and such...but once you have 'em, can freely switch anytime. So many frustrating moments could be avoided if skill mods worked the same way. I've literally had mods become useless because I can't squeeze out an extra 15 skill points on a build, but then also don't have a lower version of the same mod, because there's so many combinations of skills that can drop. Grr.

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who hasn't played since the base game came out, what have I missed and what's been changed? I have the story finished and I'm at world tier 3 I think?
I've been wanting to get back into the game but just never made time.
I also have the pass as well.
Any recommendations for if I start playing again tonight?

LordValhalla

Jan 9, 2018

Enemies will no longer drop crafting materials that the player is currently capped out on.
Nice.

The Diamond Back Exotic Rifle will be a guaranteed reward for your first completion of Kenly College when the Expedition opens.
I played through last time and got a lvl 498 Diamond back. I wonder if it will roll another one for me? The explanation is a little confusing, but seems hopeful.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The Targeted Loot feels like such a roundabout way to attack the problem with the intense RNG...but it's definitely helping compared to TU5 farming.

I'm 3 pieces away from a very all-around build. But one of those pieces is a .511 backpack that needs:
- Hard Hitting + Hardened
- At least 2 of the following: Armor, Total Armor %, Weapon Damage
- and a blue mod

Farming backpacks or .511 gear, that's still a long way from finding the piece that will add enough blues (and the "right" ones at that) to my build to unlock Unstoppable Force.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Got to the end (I think?) of the first main mission after the side mission and this happened:

So logged out and switched off. Seriously can not be doing with this shit anymore.

From what I played it seemed alright and managed to get afew named items and some new gear with new talents etc but the stability of the game is a joke.

I also got this problem again 10 minutes after loading TU6:

I'll try and get through the missions/classified assignments over the next few days but after that, thats it from me.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
While I haven't dabbled with it yet, targeted loot seems like a game changer

Now if we could show stat roll ranges in the UI and fix up the stat budget system a bit, we'll be golden

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Pretty close to finishing my first TU6 build. While I found a Punch Drunk Perfect Concussion Mask, it came with two yellow rolls, which...is not ideal for what it offers. If I can get one I can roll health/damage to elites on, I'm pretty much set. Also, I have a backpack that's close (perfect, but missing Vital). It'd look something like this if I find those last two pieces perfectly rolled:
  • P416, Chatterbox, holstered talent on the sidearm for weapon handling, Gunner
  • Mask: D&H: Concussion, Damage To Elites, Health
  • Backpack: .511: Hard Hitting, Vital, weapon damage, armor, total armor %, red mod slot
  • Chest: Fenris: Unstoppable Force, Hardened, weapon damage, headshot damage, armor, red mod slot
  • Gloves: Airaldi: Devastating, AR damage
  • Holster: Airaldi: Precise, Health, red mod slot
  • Kneepads: Gila Guiard: Patience, Total Armor %, two blue mod slots
Drone and chem launcher to heal armor when in the open and on the aggressive, patience kicking in when playing in cover. Basically, all the good red and blue talents, with a focus on headshot damage, high armor. I'll try it out on the Raid later and see if it's anything.

Apparently there's a godly Spark/Composure/Merciless/Famas build: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/diqcrz/1170_famas_merciless_spark_build_possibly_the/

I want to build it, but am also guessing if it's THAT good, it'll get nerfed by having Spark not count with Merciless or something.

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried to play the first Pentagon mission (may be the only one, I have no idea) but it was a bug ridden and artifacting mess on PC, I have zero issues with any other current games on a RTX 2080 w/up-to-date drivers...I see nothing has changed with this trainwreck of a game in many respects.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing for a long damn time. Thinking about getting back in but not entirely sure how to go about it in terms of my loot and builds and stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I stopped playing for a long damn time. Thinking about getting back in but not entirely sure how to go about it in terms of my loot and builds and stuff.
You picked a good time to come back - as of this week, there were massive balance changes and the game no longer lets you 'stack' talents (aka 4 x pieces with Hard Hitting). So most people are trying to:
- figure out new builds
- farm new items to replace the no longer stackable items from their old builds

The game is in a good place to just dole out an insane amount of drops if you're looking for everything, and they just added a new system on the map to see the areas that have chance to drop bonus items by brand, type etc. So it's better for quickly getting gear and for narrowing your search for very specific pieces.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
After playing a bunch this weekend, I generally feel pretty great about the new update. The quality of life improvements are good, the loot targeting has me playing parts of the game I haven't for months, the named items give a lot of things to chase, the change to unique talents is frustrating at first, but seems to be turning into some diversity, the weapon balancing seems way better and farming isn't THAT frustrating (but RNG is still pretty wide).

Really, the most frustrating parts of the update are:
- no substantial new content - we could really use a repeatable mode like Underground or Survival that makes it feel like we aren't just playing the same content we have for 9 months - even a new raid would have not been for everyone, but would have given a focus to farming at least;
- PVP still sucks. The modes just aren't fun compared to Last Stand or Survival;
- The increase to explosive and fire damage most of the time feels fun and visceral - but when the sound bugs out and you don't hear a drone or suicide rusher beep, or you get a bad enemy closet spawn, it can mean going down before you have time to react;
- The skill mods are a mess and the battery nerfing makes it an even bigger one for anyone that doesn't spec really big into skills. I still wish that non-skill builds could equip mods that give really small bonuses like +10% radius or 10% cooldown. Nothing gamechanging, but just something so it doesn't feel like you are completeley wasting 2-3 slots per skill because you aren't at 1000+ skill power.

Here's hoping we get that Underground/Survival replacement sooner than later (doubtful, sadly).

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
So is there anyway to matchmake for the pentagon missions???
Yes you can.
While I haven't dabbled with it yet, targeted loot seems like a game changer

Now if we could show stat roll ranges in the UI and fix up the stat budget system a bit, we'll be golden

Targeted loot is a game changer for me! I just started playing the game last month, and got to World Tier 5 right before this patch launched. I think I would have probably slowed down playing the game with the loot system as it was before, but now it's so easy to just work on what you need. And the interface for loot management is 100x better...thank goodness for the sort option!

But I finally have my gear in a good place...just need some more Electronic supplies to do calibrations now. And I need it to create mods for my Seeker Mine (well just for an upgrade to the damage on my current Payload slot).

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
I still have the barber face bug from about 5 months ago, How was that not fixed.

I'll take the game serious again when it has more context like Underground. I did like the new look and feel of qol changes though.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Picked this up from the PSN sale after the free weekend sold me (got 12 hours out of it before buying). Really enjoying it at the moment. Bit concerned about how I'll like the endgame, but I've got a long ways to go before that, so I'm just gonna enjoy the ride for now.

(Really hope we get something like Underground eventually. That's the part of Div 1 that always sounded the most interesting to me, but I never ended up playing it.)