• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Every attempt at this raid on discovery leads to abject failure and constant quits. Its incredibly frustrating and I question their decision making. Its absolutely shit design to try and retroactively make an easy/casual mode without fucking up the standard difficulty because you built fights around obtuseness. 8 randos without mics some of which can barely down yellows in under 2 clips just can't do it without the game telling them what to do or for it to be somewhat carryable. Sigh.

Spent hours building and awesome build and can't use it where u want to most. Do people still Sherpa on Xbox?
Feel free to add me on xbox. Gamertag shawnoftheshred - or better yet, join our clan, Kneel And Flex (a joke from the first game's emotes) - abbreviated as KNF. We've got a decent sized clan, but a dedicated group of 4-5 or so who are on a few times a week.

I have completed the raid on Normal and Discovery and find Discovery, outside of Razorback, pretty doable as long as 3-4 people know what to do. I used to random matchmake for Discovery all the time and would say that 85% of the time it'd be easy to get to Razorback, then it was 50/50 if people would actually focus on the Razorback or just get caught in an endless loop of just killing random yellow enemies.

Last edited:

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
So reading above it looks like this game still has activity on Xbox?
I had to get raid ready on PS and PC.....
(never got to do the raid) Xbox version is cheap as chips ON Cdkeys but the grind is not lol.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, feeling curious about this game at the mo'. Did they make the loot more interesting and loosen up on the customisation restrictions? Have they stopped screwing with the balance all the time? Also, any new content of note been added?

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, feeling curious about this game at the mo'. Did they make the loot more interesting and loosen up on the customisation restrictions? Have they stopped screwing with the balance all the time? Also, any new content of note been added?
I'm going to give a blanket no to all of that but the 2-3 folks in this thread that still play actively may have a different take on it. The game is just as boring/bland as it was since you got to the end-game, balance is something they will always tinker with and change significantly...it's a constant trait of playing this game, the loot (and worthlessness of it) and the amount of it you get is just paralyzing to a degree, and most of the customization stuff looks like it doesn't belong in The Division series.

They did increase the stache/inventory sizes and material capacity as well but the amount of worthless loot that drops just makes the game unenjoyable to me. It's littered all over the map and none of it is any good, just incredibly tiresome to deal with.

Edit: The only "improvement" I like from the original Division is they made the light-zone more interesting and random while adding actual events and generally just more stuff to do overall in that area. I miss Global Events (Weekly and Weekend events), Incursions (these were much more fitting and fun for this game than a Raid), Legendary Missions, Gear Sets (Classified ones with more bonuses to be specific) that matter and a good variety of them, and the customization style of the first game.

I despise the tone of the TD2 (which was my biggest worry when I first played the Technical Alpha in 2018) as I simply don't care about anything in the game (the city...nope, the people living in it...nope, the factions are incredibly boring and we fight "important" guys with hammers and mini-guns far too often...just blah city).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So reading above it looks like this game still has activity on Xbox?
I had to get raid ready on PS and PC.....
(never got to do the raid) Xbox version is cheap as chips ON Cdkeys but the grind is not lol.
I only started doing the regular raid recently, because it was hard to get 8 clan members on at the same time. I started answering LFG posts saying they needed 1-3 members for a fresh raid and bam, and was surprised how easy it was. Sometimes you wait 20 mins for the group to form, but you can just do other stuff while it is.

I went from no attempts to a 20 minute completion in 2 runs. Haven't wiped/failed from a single LFG post so far. But it's good to be up front about asking what role to take on each fight, as different groups have different strategies. I always let them know I'm a High DPS Ar build and usually get put on turret and Ads for boomer, computers for the gas room, DPS for Lucy and Buddy and Ads/drones for Razorback.

It's actually easier and quickerto complete the Normal raid with an LFG post than it is Discovery with matchmaking at this point.

Last edited:

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to give a blanket no to all of that but the 2-3 folks in this thread that still play actively may have a different take on it. The game is just as boring/bland as it was since you got to the end-game, balance is something they will always tinker with and change significantly...it's a constant trait of playing this game, the loot (and worthlessness of it) and the amount of it you get is just paralyzing to a degree, and most of the customization stuff looks like it doesn't belong in The Division series.

They did increase the stache/inventory sizes and material capacity as well but the amount of worthless loot that drops just makes the game unenjoyable to me. It's littered all over the map and none of it is any good, just incredibly tiresome to deal with.

Edit: The only "improvement" I like from the original Division is they made the light-zone more interesting and random while adding actual events and generally just more stuff to do overall in that area. I miss Global Events (Weekly and Weekend events), Incursions (these were much more fitting and fun for this game than a Raid), Legendary Missions, Gear Sets (Classified ones with more bonuses to be specific) that matter and a good variety of them, and the customization style of the first game.

I despise the tone of the TD2 (which was my biggest worry when I first played the Technical Alpha in 2018) as I simply don't care about anything in the game (the city...nope, the people living in it...nope, the factions are incredibly boring and we fight "important" guys with hammers and mini-guns far too often...just blah city).

Thanks for the info. That sucks to hear :(. Been itching for some shootin' lately so was hoping things might have improved here. Maybe I'll just log in and play a few levels the next time I have PS+ just to get it out of my system.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info. That sucks to hear :(. Been itching for some shootin' lately so was hoping things might have improved here. Maybe I'll just log in and play a few levels the next time I have PS+ just to get it out of my system.
I still log-in and mess about here and there every once and a while because, well, I loved the first game and spent a ton of time with TD2 at release and for a couple months thereafter. I loved the Gear Sets of the first game and creating builds around them but the specializations in combination with the high-end gear set bonuses of TD2 simply don't compare in my book. I'm saddened more than anything with how I currently feel about the series and where it's likely headed. I definitely wouldn't just automatically buy a Division 3 which I can't believe I'm saying.

That said, I know they've changed some things and added some other specialization classes so you may get more out of it than I'm able to currently. I'm just one opinion so I say try it for yourself if you've already invested monetarily.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Got around to playing the new Pentagon mission on pc tonight and got to say I enjoyed it.
Maybe a bit long but the art work is fantastic and the level design seems good. Also noticed a handful of the Era clan are still active so I'll be doing some other bits soon.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Out of nowhere the past week the game on PC has been crashing a lot, usually after 45 minutes of play and during missions :/

Any common crash fixes?

Oct 30, 2017
I've held onto a project to give a few trinquets because I'm only missing a freaking toy car to find. It's been like 5 months and I just can't find one. Is it bugged? Is there any toy car to find in this desperate land???

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I've held onto a project to give a few trinquets because I'm only missing a freaking toy car to find. It's been like 5 months and I just can't find one. Is it bugged? Is there any toy car to find in this desperate land???

Just delete it, I had one that required a hammer for 3 months and never found one. There were many issues with projects requiring specific items that were either addressed very late or ignored all together.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
For those running the seeker build, apparently there's some new tech:
  • If you use a weapon with ranger, the seekers benefit from the distance damage buff (this was known previously);
  • You want rooted on one of your weapons (this was known previously);
  • If you swap out the Merciless as your secondary for the new Send-Off Named shotgun, which has Perfectly Rooted on it, you can stack the rooted talents (apparently, really new tech).
I'm not sure I'll end up going this route, as I rarely find my Seekers not already destroying enemies, but still, it might be a nice change up for those wanting to see numbers get higher and higher!

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Cassie has Motherly Love gloves with 13% AR damage. Take this with a pinch of salt, for some they are not displaying at the vendor for some reason. My main could buy them, they weren't there for my alt (I just transferred via the stash anyway). It also has nothing to do with getting the motherly love blueprint from your field research assignments on the Tactician spec as some are reporting they have that blueprint and they're still not available at Cassie. Double face palm for Hamish on his gaming stream as they didn't appear for him neither pmsl.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Cassie has Motherly Love gloves with 13% AR damage. Take this with a pinch of salt, for some they are not displaying at the vendor for some reason. My main could buy them, they weren't there for my alt (I just transferred via the stash anyway). It also has nothing to do with getting the motherly love blueprint from your field research assignments on the Tactician spec as some are reporting they have that blueprint and they're still not available at Cassie. Double face palm for Hamish on his gaming stream as they didn't appear for him neither pmsl.
Yup, bought seven of them. Now I have to farm things to sell to actually have cash for recalibrations!

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Yup, bought seven of them. Now I have to farm things to sell to actually have cash for recalibrations!

Same :) although I had the materials thankfully so 5 have been burned and stashed 5 for future use.

Been enjoying conflict a fair bit, around rank 20 now and got afew different pvp builds. Except for Blowback from ND it's pretty good. Venture into the DZ now and again when it's fenris or 511 for the Perfect talents and if you play cautiously it's more than manageable solo, I just don't call extractions in myself. If I've got something in my bag I want I'll wait at a checkpoint until an extraction is called then switch to booster hive and make a sprint for it. Also had some good items from the manhunt bounty caches too. I normally use my pvp build so landmarks can be abit tough without all the stacked dte but know I'd be flattened if I used my PvE build with all the Beserk clutch builds around in there. I didn't realise my seeker build would do quite this well though :)

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Same :) although I had the materials thankfully so 5 have been burned and stashed 5 for future use.

Been enjoying conflict a fair bit, around rank 20 now and got afew different pvp builds. Except for Blowback from ND it's pretty good. Venture into the DZ now and again when it's fenris or 511 for the Perfect talents and if you play cautiously it's more than manageable solo, I just don't call extractions in myself. If I've got something in my bag I want I'll wait at a checkpoint until an extraction is called then switch to booster hive and make a sprint for it. Also had some good items from the manhunt bounty caches too. I normally use my pvp build so landmarks can be abit tough without all the stacked dte but know I'd be flattened if I used my PvE build with all the Beserk clutch builds around in there. I didn't realise my seeker build would do quite this well though :)

I've got to work on some Dark Zone/PVP builds. Right now I have a Diamondback build that can 1-2 shot (since the PVP talent works differently than PVE) and a 1 shot sniper build, but I'd love to make a build that's great for PVP but also isn't as big a risk in PVE. I had the Negotiator's Dilemma build all done, but I felt too toxic using it, so I scrapped it (knowing it's getting the nerf hammer soon anyway).

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Why is the Pentagon stuff so hard...? I cant even clear it solo on Story Mode...granted I just came back a few days ago and didnt really look at my stuff and the recalibration and all but my Gear Score is 500,for what its worth now ?,but man its like the last sections of the invaded strongholds or something will millions of adds coming at you from all direction non stop...the Zoo stuff before was much easier...? anyway,probably done with this I guess,I tried matchmaking for Pentagon and got no one after 30 minutes,and kept dying halfway through.

And I still dont get the targeted stuff...the few I got where purple stuff with a 485 score...why is that ''targeted'' ?

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I still haven't done the Pentagon on PS4 yet but when I did it on pc with a mate is seemed easy enough on story mode. Maybe having a team mate makes a massive difference.
Sure it has matchmaking.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Why is the Pentagon stuff so hard...? I cant even clear it solo on Story Mode...granted I just came back a few days ago and didnt really look at my stuff and the recalibration and all but my Gear Score is 500,for what its worth now ?,but man its like the last sections of the invaded strongholds or something will millions of adds coming at you from all direction non stop...the Zoo stuff before was much easier...? anyway,probably done with this I guess,I tried matchmaking for Pentagon and got no one after 30 minutes,and kept dying halfway through.

And I still dont get the targeted stuff...the few I got where purple stuff with a 485 score...why is that ''targeted'' ?
You're in World Tier 5, right?

Targeted loot areas will stop drop gear like always, but there's a chance to drop extra loot in the brand/piece type that's targeted with every enemy kill or activity completion (which may actually be guaranteed). You'll still get some purples as rewards here and there, but if you do three activities to level up a control point and then clear it, you'll be needing to sell or deconstruct a shit ton of loot, a lot of it being 500GS and of the targeted variety.

As for the Pentagon, the only thing it really throws at you is the need to avoid some environmental things that decimate your health and make sure to clear the things (can't remember if they are turrets or EMP jammers or what) in your objective list, as I'm pretty sure ads keep coming until you've destroyed the things you're supposed to? It's been awhile.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
You're in World Tier 5, right?

Targeted loot areas will stop drop gear like always, but there's a chance to drop extra loot in the brand/piece type that's targeted with every enemy kill or activity completion (which may actually be guaranteed). You'll still get some purples as rewards here and there, but if you do three activities to level up a control point and then clear it, you'll be needing to sell or deconstruct a shit ton of loot, a lot of it being 500GS and of the targeted variety.

As for the Pentagon, the only thing it really throws at you is the need to avoid some environmental things that decimate your health and make sure to clear the things (can't remember if they are turrets or EMP jammers or what) in your objective list, as I'm pretty sure ads keep coming until you've destroyed the things you're supposed to? It's been awhile.

Yeah,Tier 5...I started the Pentagon with a friend but he got disconnected with an error and had to reboot his PS4...maybe the mission still saw that we where 2 players and I was getting ennemies for 2 players...? anyway,I will take a good hour at some point to make a clean up of my inventory and gear and all,I noticed some of my loadouts where missing stuff and I really need to look at the recalibration stuff,but man sometimes I just dont feel like going through all that lol,so many things to look at...like I still have a True Patriot loadout with a few of them not even at 500 lol...

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah,Tier 5...I started the Pentagon with a friend but he got disconnected with an error and had to reboot his PS4...maybe the mission still saw that we where 2 players and I was getting ennemies for 2 players...? anyway,I will take a good hour at some point to make a clean up of my inventory and gear and all,I noticed some of my loadouts where missing stuff and I really need to look at the recalibration stuff,but man sometimes I just dont feel like going through all that lol,so many things to look at...like I still have a True Patriot loadout with a few of them not even at 500 lol...
The good news is that, if you're not just trying to play absolute god-rolled builds, you can usually get new builds together in a matter of a day or two. There's some fun ones out there now. Way better than the previous patch.

Three 6 Mafia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jumped back in after 96 days or so according to the welcome back screen and wow there's so many changes. I've got to completely redo most of my builds because damage to elites no longer stacks.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Picked this up during the sale on psn, couldn't resist for $15. I already have a character made from the beta/trial version. Gonna download later tonight and look up some starter guides and whatnot.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
The good news is that, if you're not just trying to play absolute god-rolled builds, you can usually get new builds together in a matter of a day or two. There's some fun ones out there now. Way better than the previous patch.
I've been playing for months and havent changed a single armor piece. Stull same crappy gear as before, looking for any stat upgrades and never getting anything

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I've been playing for months and havent changed a single armor piece. Stull same crappy gear as before, looking for any stat upgrades and never getting anything
Chest and backpacks are hard to get god rolls still, but mostly I'm surprised that you're still playing with a build from pre TU6 guven the changes to talents no longer stacking and new, great talents like Concussion, Composure and Spark being introduced.

I guess what I meant was, if you're building something post TU6, it comes together really quickly and being able to target Airaldi and Alps means you can get some nutty recalibration stats very quickly on most pieces.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
For those running the seeker build, apparently there's some new tech:
  • If you use a weapon with ranger, the seekers benefit from the distance damage buff (this was known previously);
  • You want rooted on one of your weapons (this was known previously);
  • If you swap out the Merciless as your secondary for the new Send-Off Named shotgun, which has Perfectly Rooted on it, you can stack the rooted talents (apparently, really new tech).
I'm not sure I'll end up going this route, as I rarely find my Seekers not already destroying enemies, but still, it might be a nice change up for those wanting to see numbers get higher and higher!
I tried this. How does send off work? Rooted can work when holstered?

Also I like the interaction of this building with revive and seeker. You can revive, kill someone with seeker, and revive refreshes
Chest and backpacks are hard to get god rolls still, but mostly I'm surprised that you're still playing with a build from pre TU6 guven the changes to talents no longer stacking and new, great talents like Concussion, Composure and Spark being introduced.

I guess what I meant was, if you're building something post TU6, it comes together really quickly and being able to target Airaldi and Alps means you can get some nutty recalibration stats very quickly on most pieces.
I put effort in the past two days trying to bulld something and it was indeed much much easier to get a basic build going, not thinking about god rolls. Compared to before tu6, where extra effort wasnt worth it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I tried this. How does send off work? Rooted can work when holstered?

Also I like the interaction of this building with revive and seeker. You can revive, kill someone with seeker, and revive refreshes
Here's an example build, using Perfect Ranger and Perfect Rooted and Rooted for maximum stats.

Yeah, when the talent is "when equipped" it doesn't actually mean you are currently using it. It can be equipped on your build as your Secondary weapon, and if you're currently firing your primary, it's still considered equipped. Holstered is actually the worse of the two, since it means you can not be using that weapon for the talent to proc. It has to be equipped and not used.

All that to say, I believe you can get Rooted on a pistol and Perfectly rooted on the Send-Off and Perfect Ranger on the named marksman rifle and really get some nutty damage. That said, I still feel the original build I put together is a bit stronger, since you almost never need more Seeker damage, even on Heroic, and it's nice to be able to use the Merciless for dogs, and have an AR that procs spark through the Merciless holstered talent constantly, so that you're actually helping out between seeker throws. But different strokes!

I put effort in the past two days trying to bulld something and it was indeed much much easier to get a basic build going, not thinking about god rolls. Compared to before tu6, where extra effort wasnt worth it.
Agreed. I'm at something like 8 builds now (Hard Wired Seeker Mine which destroys all PVE content except the raid, Eagle Bearer for the raid, Merciless/Spark AR for big damage/PVE, Aces & Eights, One Shot PVP Sniper, One Shot PVP Diamondback, On The Ropes/Spotter, LMG build, etc) and they all came together so quickly post TU6 launch. If you could re-calibrate two things on chest and backpack, which have so much more RNG than other items, I'm pretty sure I could max them all out within a day or two. Those are the only pieces I find frustrating trying to upgrade. Masks/Gloves/Kneepads and Holsters are all really easy to target and get amazing rolls with if you spend a day or two farming recal stats through Airaldi and Alps.

Nov 2, 2017
Agreed. I'm at something like 8 builds now (Hard Wired Seeker Mine which destroys all PVE content except the raid, Eagle Bearer for the raid, Merciless/Spark AR for big damage/PVE, Aces & Eights, One Shot PVP Sniper, One Shot PVP Diamondback, On The Ropes/Spotter, LMG build, etc) and they all came together so quickly post TU6 launch. If you could re-calibrate two things on chest and backpack, which have so much more RNG than other items, I'm pretty sure I could max them all out within a day or two. Those are the only pieces I find frustrating trying to upgrade. Masks/Gloves/Kneepads and Holsters are all really easy to target and get amazing rolls with if you spend a day or two farming recal stats through Airaldi and Alps.

Wow. I was able to get 1 build together after TU6, but RNG still held me back on getting anything else going. Did you focus mostly on craftable equipment for your builds?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Wow. I was able to get 1 build together after TU6, but RNG still held me back on getting anything else going. Did you focus mostly on craftable equipment for your builds?
Nah, just targeted loot (other than a Hard Wired chest I crafted as it needed Hard Hitting). I had a decent amount of great gear from pre-TU6 (saved lots of Fenris chests, and backpacks of all kinds with good stats). After that, I'd just make a build, and then would dye the pieces of gear pink that weren't optimal for the build, so I didn't forget. I'd just wait for targeted loot that matched that brand to be in the open world, then do activities, level up control points, take over control points. You end up swimming in loot of that brand, and if it's a mask, holster, kneepads or gloves, it shouldn't take very many to get the talent + stat distro you need to recalibrate a great stat from another piece of gear onto it. Again, other than chests or backpacks, it's usually pretty easy to get a 90% there piece of gear that can be re-calibrated with a near-max stat really quickly this way.

I highly recommend, when you've got nothing better to do, just farming Airaldi and ALPS in the open world and saving anything with really high stats to recalibrate later. A couple of recalibrated pieces can increase weapon damage nearly 25% (chest/backpack) or 70k health (Kneepads/holster) or 55% Damage to Elites (mask). Can turn okay builds into really strong ones with a re-calibration or two.

Nov 2, 2017
Nah, just targeted loot (other than a Hard Wired chest I crafted as it needed Hard Hitting). I had a decent amount of great gear from pre-TU6 (saved lots of Fenris chests, and backpacks of all kinds with good stats). After that, I'd just make a build, and then would dye the pieces of gear pink that weren't optimal for the build, so I didn't forget. I'd just wait for targeted loot that matched that brand to be in the open world, then do activities, level up control points, take over control points. You end up swimming in loot of that brand, and if it's a mask, holster, kneepads or gloves, it shouldn't take very many to get the talent + stat distro you need to recalibrate a great stat from another piece of gear onto it. Again, other than chests or backpacks, it's usually pretty easy to get a 90% there piece of gear that can be re-calibrated with a near-max stat really quickly this way.

I highly recommend, when you've got nothing better to do, just farming Airaldi and ALPS in the open world and saving anything with really high stats to recalibrate later. A couple of recalibrated pieces can increase weapon damage nearly 25% (chest/backpack) or 70k health (Kneepads/holster) or 55% Damage to Elites (mask). Can turn okay builds into really strong ones with a re-calibration or two.

Yeah I save high stat stuff for recalibration. I actually got a Google spreadsheet with all the high values to make clearing out the trash easier.

I'm shocked you find enough activities in a targeted loot area. My world is usually very sparse, maybe 1 cp on the entire map has enough activities to bump it up. But it would rarely be in the targeted loot area I want.

I was farming missions, which I eventually burnt out on, hardly ever got full teams. Maybe everyone was doing cp's afterall.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah I save high stat stuff for recalibration. I actually got a Google spreadsheet with all the high values to make clearing out the trash easier.

I'm shocked you find enough activities in a targeted loot area. My world is usually very sparse, maybe 1 cp on the entire map has enough activities to bump it up. But it would rarely be in the targeted loot area I want.

I was farming missions, which I eventually burnt out on, hardly ever got full teams. Maybe everyone was doing cp's afterall.
I usually don't have problems leveling up control points for the first time in a day. It's once clearing them that it takes too long to get them back. If you want to keep farming an area, I'd recommend just matchmaking, joining someone else's world, and then doing them on theirs. Everyone's worlds are in different states.

Nov 2, 2017
I usually don't have problems leveling up control points for the first time in a day. It's once clearing them that it takes too long to get them back. If you want to keep farming an area, I'd recommend just matchmaking, joining someone else's world, and then doing them on theirs. Everyone's worlds are in different states.

Hmm, not a bad idea. I'll give it a try, thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Hmm, not a bad idea. I'll give it a try, thanks.
The other thing is, if you see a Level 1 control point with only 1-2 activities attached to it, you might as well do them. More will spawn soon. If I'm looking for, say a Gila backpack, I'll do the activities in that area for any control points I see, then move over to where Airaldi/Alps or skill mods are in the open world and do the same. By the time I'm done a couple of things there, more activities have spawned for Gila or them, I'll have a couple of level 4 control points up and running to take down, and I'm flooded in level 500 targeted loot.

If you really want to farm, you can get a control point to level 4, make it to the defending stage, kill the boss, then let yourself be killed by a random NPC. That phase is repeatable, so you can really maximize loot that way (I don't do this, to be honest, but I know some do).

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
The game is on sale on PSN and I want to play this game with my friend although I didn't play the first game. Anyhow, it's $15 for just the game or $25 for the version with the year one pass included. Do you think it's worth it to get it with the pass? I know everyone gets access to the new content except for the classified assignments and 3 specializations immediately unlocked. Do I have that right?

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, when the talent is "when equipped" it doesn't actually mean you are currently using it.
WAS IT ALWAYS LIKE THIS? I'M QUITTING OUT OF EMBARRASEMENT IF TRUE
Agreed. I'm at something like 8 builds now [...] and they all came together so quickly post TU6 launch.
Do you need your 8 sets of equipment in your inventory to change loadouts? can they be in the stash or something?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
WAS IT ALWAYS LIKE THIS? I'M QUITTING OUT OF EMBARRASEMENT IF TRUE
sadly yes...it's always been true and admittedly is weird wording because, it should basically just say "always active" instead.

Do you need your 8 sets of equipment in your inventory to change loadouts? can they be in the stash or something?
If you have stuff in your stash that's part of a loadout, I think it may prompt you to let the game move it to your inventory, but it's been awhile for me. I just leave everything in my inventory (70-ish slots) and usethe other 30-ish to pick up gear to sell or deconstruct or share.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The game is on sale on PSN and I want to play this game with my friend although I didn't play the first game. Anyhow, it's $15 for just the game or $25 for the version with the year one pass included. Do you think it's worth it to get it with the pass? I know everyone gets access to the new content except for the classified assignments and 3 specializations immediately unlocked. Do I have that right?
I'd say skip the year one pass unless you know you are gonna stick with it. The classified assignments are mediocre and the insta-access to specializations is a probably 3-4 hour timesaver for the two specializations, one of which is largely seen to be useless in the endgame.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Vendor updated today and there's a few decent pieces:
  • 10% explosive resistance mod in the level 30 clan vendor (I picked up five in case the next raid or the next meta involves needing this).
  • Strained/Allegro Vector over at Cassie. It's like a 90% damage roll, so unless you have a god roll already, it's a good pickup for Clutch builds. And very rare that you can recalibrate the third talent to be what you need on your build, since both talents are great already.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
No huge update today, but next time you login you'll get 3 caches. 3 random equipment items + 3 apparel caches. Most likely trash gear and duplicates of apparel items, but hey...it's something.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Just got to level 15 and enjoying the game so far. I don't plan on getting heavily invested into the endgame. But, it's definitely feeling like a nice change of pace from Destiny.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Both the Standard and Ultimate editions are on sale with 100 Uplay units you can get another 20% off which brings it down even further.

Which Edition should I buy. Standard or Ultimate?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Great State Of The Game today.

The big news? Hardcore (permadeath)beta coming next week. Takes a character slot, can't use stash from other characters. Otherwise game is identical, including DZ. should make for frustating and intense and hilarious moments.

Update drops same day (10th) with fixes and an apparel event. You can get a snowball gun that confuses enemies from the loot goblin but the big thing is the outfits for the apparel even are actually badass tactical looking gear.

Reiterated that Underground and Survival are not being worked on but heavily inplied that the mechanics of those modes may make it into new content. Suggested modes are coming that are more replayable. Also said DZ and PVP are getting looked at. New raid in the new year, etc.

Anywho, sounds like the team are sticking to making new stuff for Div 2 and that episode 3 will not be the end of the game.