• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Well, apparently the game activated itself after logging into U-Play from the EpicLauncher. Just like the first game the gameplay is alright. It's as save as it gets as a cover-shooter, but I like these. The setting is boring and I still don't know whats going on and to be honest I don't care because the game does a really poor job with dragging me into the world/characters. But as long as I can shoot stuff and get some kneecaps+2 I am happy for an hour or so. Performance is rough though. I don't know if it's a problem with my PC or the game. I am running an old i7 with 8 Gigs of RAM and a GTX980Ti and on custom setting somewhere between medium and high @1080p and V-sync on I get stutters here and there, especially between areas.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Man the shootouts in this game are really fun. Love to setup my turret and drone and then fight waves of baddies. Controls are tight and the cover system works really well. The weapons are satisfying. Wanted to play for a bit and was hooked for 2 hours until 2 AM.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Man the shootouts in this game are really fun. Love to setup my turret and drone and then fight waves of baddies. Controls are tight and the cover system works really well. The weapons are satisfying. Wanted to play for a bit and was hooked for 2 hours until 2 AM.
Agreed 100%. The basic cover, build and shooting mechanics are as addictive as ever. Everytime I hop on, from Challenging to Heroic missions to the raid to loot farming, I find the moment to moment gameplay immensely satisfying.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Not been on for a few months, any good events to check out or good stuff at venders?
Also need to check if the DX12 version still crashes a lot.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Recently rebought this and the year 1 pass. I left shortly after reaching world tier 1 and unlocking black tusks. Map is pretty overwhelming with the amount of stuff to do.

Always loved how tight the controls and shooting felt, looking forward to exploring these new areas as well.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I bought the Div 2 Gold Edition on Xbox One and Im really enjoying it. However, where can I find the Episode 1&2 DLC story missions? They are not at the helicopter at the White House like people said, just the greyed out Kenly College thing. I'm currently World Tier 3, 376 Gear Score. I'm having some issues with the Capitol Building Stronghold so figured I'd go for some better gear in those missions but they're not there?

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Did they make skill cooldowns faster? I'm using each of my abilities almost every fight and they last forever now too when I throw out my hive or turret they last for quite awhile.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Not been on for a few months, any good events to check out or good stuff at venders?
Also need to check if the DX12 version still crashes a lot.
Cassie currently has a great Perfect Concussion mask. In general, the Clan, Cassie and White House vendors got a lot better gear with recent updates. There are now usually 1-2 top tier items per week. The Thieves Den vendor is also worth checking out often.
I bought the Div 2 Gold Edition on Xbox One and Im really enjoying it. However, where can I find the Episode 1&2 DLC story missions? They are not at the helicopter at the White House like people said, just the greyed out Kenly College thing. I'm currently World Tier 3, 376 Gear Score. I'm having some issues with the Capitol Building Stronghold so figured I'd go for some better gear in those missions but they're not there?
Honestly, it's been so long for me, I can't say when/where they should show up. Maybe they unlock after World Tier 5 or after Tidal Basin completion? In either event you don't have to go to the helicopter icon, both Manning Zoo and White Oak are separated out at the northern most point of the map. The Pentagon missions are south, but if memory serves you have to trigger that through an npc convo somewhere else on the map?
Did they make skill cooldowns faster? I'm using each of my abilities almost every fight and they last forever now too when I throw out my hive or turret they last for quite awhile.
Yeah, the last couple of updates have done some big changes to skills. Cooldowns are generally faster, especially if you destroy your skill rather than let it run out naturally. Skills are also generally stronger than at launch, but it's harder to get them maxed out, since skill batteries are pretty weak and mod requirements still pretty steep. There are some skill builds that basically just drop a turret that outlasts all fights and seekers that cooldown upon kills (so basically almost always up). But yeah, whether you're a skill build or not, use the skills often!

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Honestly, it's been so long for me, I can't say when/where they should show up. Maybe they unlock after World Tier 5 or after Tidal Basin completion? In either event you don't have to go to the helicopter icon, both Manning Zoo and White Oak are separated out at the northern most point of the map. The Pentagon missions are south, but if memory serves you have to trigger that through an npc convo somewhere else on the map?
Thanks for the reply. I have no clue if it shows up to be honest. Right now I only have the Kenly College expedition on the map in the north center. I did the Capitol Building Stronghold now and need to move my gear score over 425 to access the Tidal Basin Stronghold, which should be the last trigger, hopefully. I don't even know if I have it installed, its not a seperate download or anything. It just says I have the Year 1 Pass installed which is only 10MB. Its really vague and poorly communicated ingame to be honest.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Cassie currently has a great Perfect Concussion mask. In general, the Clan, Cassie and White House vendors got a lot better gear with recent updates. There are now usually 1-2 top tier items per week. The Thieves Den vendor is also worth checking out often.

Yeah, the last couple of updates have done some big changes to skills. Cooldowns are generally faster, especially if you destroy your skill rather than let it run out naturally. Skills are also generally stronger than at launch, but it's harder to get them maxed out, since skill batteries are pretty weak and mod requirements still pretty steep. There are some skill builds that basically just drop a turret that outlasts all fights and seekers that cooldown upon kills (so basically almost always up). But yeah, whether you're a skill build or not, use the skills often!

I thought it felt different thank you for confirming it I loved my skill build in the first one.

I have another question can I get gear dye out of those orange collectible spots on the map while leveling or should I wait until 30 to open them for the guaranteed dyes?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I thought it felt different thank you for confirming it I loved my skill build in the first one.

I have another question can I get gear dye out of those orange collectible spots on the map while leveling or should I wait until 30 to open them for the guaranteed dyes?
If memory serves, you might as well open em now. The crates give dyes (maybe not guaranteed) but also other items and respawn every 24 hours. So you can do now so you have dyes to play through the game with and again at 30 to get anything you missed.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Loaded up the game on both PC and PS but no Cassie.
I unlocked her on both platforms so is this a bug or do I need to do it again due to not playing for a while?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So does gear with decent rolls or good rolls happen in the discovery mode of the raid? Like I understand the Eagle Bearer and classified gear blueprints aren't in there but does the normal high end gear there have a better change at getting good rolls or is it no different from in the open world or missions.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So does gear with decent rolls or good rolls happen in the discovery mode of the raid? Like I understand the Eagle Bearer and classified gear blueprints aren't in there but does the normal high end gear there have a better change at getting good rolls or is it no different from in the open world or missions.
For a short time it was still a good place for loot, since it was guaranteed 500 Gear Score. Now, with Targeted Loot you will get more loot quicker (and at 500GS for the most part), and thus better chances of good gear, just running open world, challenging or Heroic missions.

if you are looking for specific brands, best to level up control points and take em. If you want high stat rolls for re-calibration, generally Airaldi and Alps area are where to be, since they roll with only less attributes and therefore higher values (usually).

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Played this for roughly 250 hours on PS4 until we all fell off due to bugs, issues, and general lack of fun post game.

Decided to grab it for $5 through the egs sale having never played it on PC and holy shit its a totally different experience. Game looks insanely better, plays better, and navigating the world map as well as inventory is so much less of a hassle.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what could be causing really slow loading? I get to the character select screen relatively quick and normal, but the next loading screen into the world stays stuck at 0% for a while, then goes to 10% and then doesn't move at all until 100% and I am in the game world.

I am noticing a lot of pop-in, times where i am running and i get slowed down and can only walk (run animation just stops) and a loading symbol in the bottom right corner appears as textures and the game world load and things go back to normal.

I am doing a bunch of tests on my PC now. I tried putting the game on 3 different HDD's. I never had these issues before this week. No idea wtf it could be.

Loading issues should be related to HDD, no? I play other games fine is the thing.

Edit: I figured it out and fixed it. My CPU was throttling and working to a max of only 30%. That will do it with such a CPU intensive game.

Last edited:

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yeah I get that when running DX12. Runs fine with DX11.

It has been an issue since day 1, I always have to run in DX11 mode..but sadly I do not think the issue lies with the game. Other games running in DX12 also have the same issue (RDR2 for example)

Whether or not its a driver issue or DX12 itself...I really don't know.

It also doesn't affect everyone which makes the cause of the issue harder to pinpoint

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so disappointed they still haven't given one X users any graphical options. It's a damn shame what sliders they lowered to hit native 4k. I would gladly trade a quarter of that resolution to push some LoD out.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I get that when running DX12. Runs fine with DX11.
It has been an issue since day 1, I always have to run in DX11 mode..but sadly I do not think the issue lies with the game. Other games running in DX12 also have the same issue (RDR2 for example)

Whether or not its a driver issue or DX12 itself...I really don't know.

It also doesn't affect everyone which makes the cause of the issue harder to pinpoint

It's not DX12, it is definitely The Division. I have problems with crashing on DX11 as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
This week's State Of The Game was pretty light on details, but they promised a big one next week with a good roadmap of where things are going.

Out now:
Legacy Cache: if you want to spend premium currency on keys for the legendary cache, you can. This is a no duplicates cache.

Episode 3 launches in February (I was originally hoping January, but I started playing some other games, so oh no big deal)
  • 2 main missions (New York), with appearance by the Cleaners
  • 2 classified assignments (if you own Year One Pass)
  • 1 new specialization (they said people have been asking for it, so it's likely flamethrower)
  • 1 new exotic weapon (the chameleon - it changes colour to match the environment, no details on what it does otherwise)
  • No balance changes
Coming later:
  • Second raid - not coming with Episode 3
  • Fixes to shotgun meta in PVP
  • They basically keep talking about how PVP/DZ stuff is being looked at and changes will come
  • Textiles (when you get a duplicate item, instead of getting XP, you'll get textiles. These textiles can be collected and traded in for vanity items you don't yet own. Basically, what it should have always been
  • Invisible walls - they are still doing work on it, etc.
Next Week's State Of The Game:
  • Item Stats, RNG, UI Changes (they have said that there are changes coming to the allotment of stats on gear as well as changes to how active/passive talents work and generally, about how you get loot). This is expected to be a really big State of the Game. It is implied that we will be able to bank stats we want to re-calibrate instead of having to save every item, which is something people asked for from basically day one.
Two Weeks From Now's State Of The Game:
  • Re-calibration, Inventory and Stats Management (my hope is that if they are going to massively change the way gear allotment works, that recalibration and/or optimization makes it not a pain to re-farm gear)
Three Weeks From Now's State Of The Game:
  • Episode 3: they'll show us stuff about the mission, exotic and specialization before it launches.
This week's was pretty disappointing, but I guess the month of January's roadmap is pretty decent. That said, I think everyone who still plays the game that didn't just jump in new from holiday sales, really needs the stuff they didn't talk about: the raid, a repeatable mode, DZ changes, etc. Basically, the stuff that could keep players' interest that isn't just re-farming builds that will be changed from gear stat changes!

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
I really think that given the NY setting, just two main missions for Episode 3 isn't good enough from Massive. If there's an explorable hub/world with more interactions and side quests, sure. But so far, this reads like the Pentagon: two missions, a pointless safe zone hub, and some pathways sprinkled between them. And akin to Kenly College, an entire environment ripe for new game modes that's been totally wasted.

Even though they're needed and I'm keen for them, it's a bit fucked that balance and reworks also need to be delivered from Massive over better content. Imbecilic "features" like item stat budgets (a concept itself poorly conveyed in the game UI) being jettisoned has been a long time coming, and annoying late.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it is the game, explain to me why I (and many others) get zero crashes when running in DX11 mode ? If I were you, I would be taking a closer look at your system config/drivers as the cause of your issues.

I'm not the only person having issues with the game in DX11, a quick Google search will show you that.

I also figured out the issue because I found one post about it, apparently this game does not like overclocks of any kind so running RAM at anything other than 2400 causes crashes; disabling XMP made the crashes far less common and the game is actually playable now.

Nov 2, 2017
Fuck sales. I'm glad it looks like they're going to change stuff, but damn like every itemization change in Division 2 compared to 1 is slowly getting rolled back. What a waste of time and effort. Just feels like little thought went into it all.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubiso...60078/this-week-in-the-division-2-january-9th

As many of you know, the release of our second raid "Foundry" was postponed until 2020. Yesterday's State of the Game included an update on the current development status of the raid. It's progressing nicely and our current release estimate is around mid 2020. We can't wait to see you guys take on this challenging endeavor later in the year! In the mean time, here's one of the concept art pieces that one of our talented artists produced for the raid.

WTF?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Releasing the new raid, which people will be running to get top gear, before their next wave of balance and itemization changes, makes little sense. Especially when they have to balance it around the new changes which pushed it out further.

Its just a damn shame we have to go through this a second fucking time after you thought they would have learned from the first game. Also, that these raids have taken the place of actual repeatable modes that could have brought more variety. I'm so glad this phase of Ubisoft is dead.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Releasing the new raid, which people will be running to get top gear, before their next wave of balance and itemization changes, makes little sense. Especially when they have to balance it around the new changes which pushed it out further.

Its just a damn shame we have to go through this a second fucking time after you thought they would have learned from the first game. Also, that these raids have taken the place of actual repeatable modes that could have brought more variety. I'm so glad this phase of Ubisoft is dead.

Not doubt, the balance and mechanic/UI reworks are a must to deploy before the raid.

But, it's galling that these prerequisites and raid itself are so far out. Can't imagine what the player base will get up to between Feb and June/July at best (given the narrative-based content), of course a more diverse set of replayable game modes would've addressed that.

I think the community pining for Div 1's justifiably maligned Incursions says it all.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'm just annoyed that Kenly College is randomly available and unavailable. I just got back into the game, and I only did one wing before it went down again. Why do this? I just don't get it.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I'm one of the saps that has yet to even complete the raid. Every attempt at Discovery mode has been put into an inprog attempt of constantly rotating people as they get frustrated as only a few people attempt mechanics because the others can barley stay alive or kill ads, die and notice the group is still only at 6/8 at its highest, then also quit. It's not carryable like other matchmaking activities and absolutely a band-aid on an obvious fuck up.

They must have expected higher engagement over D1 because of the all the content is free strategy, but I refuse to believe they are looking at the numbers for DZs, pvp, and the raids and are happy.

I appreciate the ability to earn new cosmetics, but considering that is their primary monitization path after the questionable quality/value of the year 1 pass access features, I would have thought it would be much better supported. RDO for me is carried on the fact I can look cool while doing cool things, and I figured they would have given us significantly more cosmetic options by now. I would throw 5 dollars down to get something I like looking at, and yet they just fumble around for 8 months only finally giving us some spec ops looking shit last month. They need to not be afraid of releasing stuff outside of apperal events.

Last edited:

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
still haven't done the normal raid because no matchmaking so whatever

again, prerelease they said everything would have matchmaking

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm one of the saps that has yet to even complete the raid. Every attempt at Discovery mode has been put into an inprog attempt of constantly rotating people as they get frustrated as only a few people attempt mechanics because the others can barley stay alive or kill ads, die and notice the group is still only at 6/8 at its highest, then also quit. It's not carryable like other matchmaking activities and absolutely a band-aid on an obvious fuck up.

They must have expected higher engagement over D1 because of the all the content is free strategy, but I refuse to believe they are looking at the numbers for DZs, pvp, and the raids and are happy.

I appreciate the ability to earn new cosmetics, but considering that is their primary monitization path after the questionable quality/value of the year 1 pass access features, I would have thought it would be much better supported. RDO for me is carried on the fact I can look cool while doing cool things, and I figured they would have given us significantly more cosmetic options by now. I would throw 5 dollars down to get something I like looking at, and yet they just fumble around for 8 months only finally giving us some spec ops looking shit last month. They need to not be afraid of releasing stuff outside of apperal events.
If you're on xbox, join the KNF (Kneel And Flex) group. I can scrounge a few players to walk you through Discovery Mode no problem. I've been able to complete Discovery mode where I throw all grenades/do all of the damage on Razorback, as long as the other 7 are, at the very least, taking drone aggro/walking out for the heavies at the rocket launchers.

That said, totally agree that I think they mis-read the audience, thinking that because people wanted more narrative content in the first game (not because we needed more missions, because the story didn't have a satisfying conclusion), they focused their free DLC efforts on that instead of repeatable and ever-changing modes. I can see how they arrived at smaller dark zones (more action for those who want it, easier ability to escape hostile DZs if they don't), but it kind of ended up just not serving either crowd. And yeah, PVP without the wrapping of Last Stand is just a snooze fest.

What I do think they nailed was the moment-to-moment gameplay, and in general, other than shotgun PVP, I think the balancing is actually pretty decent.

still haven't done the normal raid because no matchmaking so whatever

again, prerelease they said everything would have matchmaking
Yup, that sucked. I was also someone who complained about this, but I have to say that now, as someone whose completed the raid around 15 times, I get why it isn't there. Person above you complaining about how they never find a decent group to beat it on Discovery Mode, a group that only realistically needs 3-4 people who know what they are doing to complete. I've been in groups that are coordinated and can fly through it in like 15-20 minutes. I've been in groups who seem completely unable to do damage or hit a weak spot, even when everyone is telling them on mic what to do.

They made a raid that, on normal, for all but the most elite players, requires a decent build, coordination and skill. It's easy when you've got it, and frustrating as hell when you don't.

...after using the Looking For Group feature on Xbox and completing it a bunch, I honestly am not sure they made a mistake with their decision. I cakewalk most Heroic content, so the raid is the only thing that really is there for when I want a real challenge.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Just reading the thread again after months away and it looks like there isn't a ton of reasons to come back in terms of interesting new content, but potentially new reasons to come back if I want to run the same stuff I was doing last year. Which, to be fair, was fun, so maybe not terrible. But this caught my eye:
It is implied that we will be able to bank stats we want to re-calibrate instead of having to save every item, which is something people asked for from basically day one.

GODDAMN. It's about time. Part of the reason I dropped out was because the lack of meaningful 500GS loot plus the inventory management required to keep random good stat rolls meant that I was spending most of my time paralyzed with indecision at the stash figuring out what to throw away.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
About to dive in, PS4 version. Any tips for a newcomer?

Don't worry at all about loot until you beat the story and hit world tiers. Everything is viable and you will be going through hundreds of pieces of gear always focusing on armor value rather than the skills on them honestly, then at endgame you'll be switching based on GS level, so Just enjoy the amazingly detailed world and missions and don't feel overwhelmed.

If you want to play it safe, going revive hive and then the heal canister gadgets which refresh quickly, will set you up comfortably for everything solo.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Here's the recap from the latest SOTG, aka Gear Rework:
zt5zLcJ.png

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'll post the Reddit Summary too when that's ready, which probably has more in-depth info than that.

High level, here's what's changing:
- Sometime after Episode 3, every piece of gear is getting reworked.
- It will be easier to understand (bars showing how close to max rolls it has, no talent requirements (8 blues, less than 5 reds etc.), and generally be more positioned to playing roles in a squad (though solo builds are still a thing for sure).
- Gear is no longer on a budget system, which means god rolls return (max or near-max on all attributes).
- This will be in conjunction with two things: a gear score increase and new activities, so that it doesn't feel like you are simply trying to re-farm the builds you already have. You will be increasing in power as you get the new gear.
- Gear will roll with one of three core stats (Weapon Damage, Armor, Skill Tier), so that it is clear to the user if you are using a DPS/Tank or Skill
- Secondary stats will cover things like health, headshot damage, etc.
- Talents are being removed from all but two slots (I believe it was chest and backpack).
- To compensate, these talents are going to be very strong. An example given was Composure now is a damage increase not just to your base damage, but to every attribute you have that contributes to that stat. Basically, a DPS talent is going to make you hit harder, you don't have to do any weird math or google how to squeeze out more damage through edge case interactions;
- New talents are being introduced.
- New Exotic, named gear etc. are being introduced.get the most DPS - it will be clear from the talents and rolls.
- Mods are getting reworked to just one stat, but more powerful.
- Skill power is getting reworked (to discuss next week).
- Brand bonuses are changing and are more synergistic (a skill brand will likely see all three attributes related to skill, AR damage band will see dmg/reload/stability etc.).
- Gear you already have will be updated to the new system (not randomly, they will generally respect attributes/rolls in some way).
- You'll get less loot, but loot will be less likely to be trash.
- Coming down the line, changes to re-calbration, ability to store rolls, etc.

All that to say, looks like after Episode 3, the entire foundation of the game is changing. Every piece of gear is re-worked, gear score increase, they are saying that this will allow for more focused builds/support etc. and in general, easier-to-understand loot game.

All of it actually sounds good to me, but it's definitely a weird feeling like we've already had pretty huge changes to gear/RNG a couple of times, and ultimately seem to be coming back to something simpler, closer to Div 1 (no talent requirements/attribute puzzles, skill power being more straightforward, and mods behaving the way we'd expect them to).

The most exciting piece, for me, is definitely that they said they won't be releasing this until there is a reason to want to farm again - we're getting gear score increase and new content so that we aren't just re-farming. Ultimately, it'll depend on how good those new activities are, and if the gear score increase just comes with buffs to enemies or a new difficulty, than it'll be weird, where we're just trying to get back to a previous time to kill/power level.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Here's the in-depth Reddit summary from JokerUnique.

SUMMARY OF STATE OF THE GAME
As announced in the schedule of January, the focus of this State of the game was Item Stats RNG and UI quality-of-life changes.

Priority Alerts

Yesterday we had a maintenance that was general housekeeping.
Known Issues

Invisible Walls
  • The improvements that they are working on are not ready and are scheduled to be dropped with Episode 3.
Stuck NPCs
  • They have found the cause of that issue. A fix is scheduled to be dropped with Episode 3.
Unable to respawn in Dark Zone
Becoming stuck in the UI and being unable to respawn when downed in the DZ will be fixed with Episode 3.

=> You can check out the Known Issues here: Link

New Gear System
In this State of the Game, we got the first introduction into the new Gear System. Keep in mind all of this will be added to the game after Episode 3 and all stats, talents and Gear Sets that you see are work in progress and subject to change.

Part of a larger revamp
  • As of this moment they have about a year's worth of feedback and ideas from players. This in combination with their own knowledge playing the game gives them a good foundation to work from.
  • Some changes can't be introduced into the game incrementally and require a big-bang
  • So they needed to make this reboot of the gear game to address the big issues that have been brought up.
Why are we changing this?
  • Once the players hits endgame, they get confronted with a lot of RNG.
  • That puts a lot of stress on the loot system because you get a lot of things while doing content that doesn't feel rewarding enough.
  • All these items put stress on the inventory system because you have to sort things out and also judge all the items that you got if you should keep them or not.
  • So instead of playing the game, you are more in the inventory screen and that is of course not the idea.
Overall the current situation is:
  • Too rare to get usable things
  • The system is hard to understand (you need excel sheets for max rolls etc.) and it is difficult to judge what is good.
  • You have to keep too many things for recalibration.
  • No satisfaction in god rolls.
  • Too many hybrid builds – no clear roles in the group.
To address this, they have three aspects they want to change:
  • RPG (The gear rework)
  • Recalibration stat storing
  • Skill power refactorization
Today, they are only talking about the gear rework and give you some context of what exactly and why it is happening.

Gear Rework is part of a package
Gear reboots are not particularly popular, especially when you already have good builds on your character.

So just to be clear, this gear reboot will be added to the game in a package:
  • All gear will be rebooted.
  • There will be new items to get (double the amount of named items for example).
  • There will be new things to play.
  • There will be a new power cap – so you can grow as you get the new things and it is not just refarming items to get back to the status quo.
  • The old gear gets converted to the new gear system.
Goals with the new Gear System
=> Image
  • Intuitive - (You should be able to look at things and judge them without an Excel Sheet)
  • Deep - (It should still keep synergies and connections that make builds interesting while still being accessible)
  • Satisfying – (You get rewarding loot and you feel the impact when you put an effective build together)
  • Transparent – (The focus should be more on what you see is what you get and less about hidden mechanics that you have to google)
  • Clear Setup – (The goal should be to start on one decision and then build around it and not get stopped because you don't have enough red attributes to unlock a talent)
No Budget System
=> Image
  • With the new Gear System, they remove the budget system from the items.
  • All the bars and every stat of an item can roll max at the same time (the god rolls are back)
  • That makes it easier to understand and judge, if an item is good or not in terms of rolls.
  • That should also give you a satisfying progression.
New Brand Bonuses
=> Image
They've looked at all the stats from the Gear Brands.
  • More aligned with playstyle (they should fit better the different playstyles)
  • More combinations between the different Brands
  • Low popularity Brands revitalized with new attributes to make them more interesting.
Core Attributes
=> Image
The Core Attributes is something new that gets added to the items and is similar to Firearms/Stamina/Electronics system that we had in The Division 1.

Each item has one core attribute that is either:
  • +% Weapon Damage
  • +1 Skill Tier
  • Armor
The Core Attributes are the only way to get these stats and you have to make a choice if you want to do weapon damage, if you want to focus on Skills or if you want survivability through armor.
  • The Core Attributes are determined by the Brand
  • Core Attributes can be recalibrated (As before still one stat per item)
Bonus Quality Indicators
=> Image
With the new Gear System we also get new ways to judge an item:
  • You get stat bars for each attribute that shows you how close it is to max-roll
  • This way you can clearly see what stat is a god roll.
  • In the recalibration bench you can see the specific max values.
  • When it is max rolled, the specific stat also has an orange marker.
Powerful Talents
=> Image
In the new Gear System, the Talents have a different role than before.
  • Build defining talents – they should be impactful when you equip them.
  • Amplifies your stats – for example, "increases weapon damage by 10%".
  • No requirements – there will no requirements to activate a talent.
  • Fewer active Talents at the same time, but more powerful.
  • Regular Talents can be found on Chest and Backpack – no other normal items have Talents on them.
So in short, you don't have to track and tweak your build to match the requirement of six and more talents. You can pick two build defining Talents on your chest and backpack and start building your setup around them.

Talent Group Synergies
=> Image
One of the goals of the Talent rework was also to put more focus on group synergies and not just on buffs for the specific player. They also have the goal to promote designated roles in the group, so that you can specialize in a healer or a tank for example and still pull your weight in the group.
For example:
  • "Leadership" awards temporary armor to your team when you do a cover to cover move. It will be 20% of your current equipped armor. So the more armor you have (as in tank) the more armor you can apply to your group members.
  • "Emphatic Resolve" buffs weapon- and skill damage when you are healing other players. So you don't just heal your team-members, you give them a damage buff at the same time.
There will of course still be talents that just focus on the player itself.

Gear Mods

In the new Gear System, we still have Gear Mods, but they have also been reworked:
  • Gear Mods will only roll one stat.
  • Like the gear, the Gear Mod stats also have quality bars
  • This will help you in the sorting process when you go through your inventory.
Equipment Examples
When you look at your equipment you see on one glance the Gear Brand, the attributes on the item and the max-rolled stats are also highlighted with orange.

Keep in mind, all these talents, stats, and attributes are work in progress.
Exotics
While the Exotics have been reworked, the basic idea stays the same.
While the normal gear only has Talents on Chest and Backpack – the Exotics have talents for the other slots. (BTSU Gloves still come with a talent for example)
When you have an exotic backpack (or chest) – you also give up a regular talent – but the exotic backpack will compensate for that.

Gear Sets
=> Image
All Gear Sets have been revisited and adjusted:
  • Reworked – the Gear Sets kept their essence but are more straight forward now.
  • 2, 3 and 4-Piece Bonuses
  • Chest and Backpack have Amplification Talents
Amplification Talents
When you equip chest and backpack from a Gear Set, you sacrifice two normal Gear Talents. That is why on Gear Sets you have Amplification Talents on the chest and backpack. They basically increase the efficiency of the Gear Set by an amount. So if you want the full power of a Gear Set, you need to equip 4 pieces while two of them are Chest and Backpack. You can then further enhance the build with an exotic that can have talents for the remaining slots and a regular high-end item.
So you have to make an active choice of how you combine the talents and attributes of the items.

Solo vs. Group
The new Gear System has a lot more group synergies and buffs because that is what the old system was missing. But that does not mean, that there are no specific solo Talents.

Lootsystem Changes
The new Gear System also impacts the loot system.
  • In the old system you got a lot of loot and most of it was trash.
  • The goal in the new Gear System is, that you get slightly less loot, but the vast majority of items that you get are super interesting and good.
  • So you spend less time in the inventory and when you get something it is interesting.
Gear Conversion
With the introduction of the new Gear System, the old equipment gets converted.
  • Named Items will still be named items after the conversion
  • Exotics and Gear Sets are still around and have been reworked
  • Example: When you have a Named Item as gloves that no longer has a talent in the new Gear System, that item will have one stat that is rolled better than how it would usually be allowed. (10% weapon damage instead of 8% for example)
  • Stats and Mod Slot will be moved around and overall the item will still be good.
"Damage to Elite" removed
With the new Gear System, the Damage to Elite stat is removed from the stat pool.
The goal is to build high damage output to everything and not being able to kill an elite enemy faster than a red-bar enemy.
In essence: "Damage is damage to everything"
Roadmap
Community Resources
The community has provided a lot of guides, tools, and lists: Link
Important links
  • Video
  • Article on the official page

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So they are doing exactly what they did for division 1.
Definitely more Division 1 than Division 2 at launch when this drops, from the re-introduction of core stats to no requirements for talents to skill tier re-working (which sounds like it'll be like Div 1). But it isn't a straight up revert - it drops the talents from 4/6 pieces, yeah, but it still keeps the Brand Bonuses on all gear, each of which are different, from Div 2 launch, that was new to the game.

It took me awhile to remember that, since Div 1 endgame was 90% Classified Gear Sets with only a few edge cases using yellow items.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Reinstalling this game on my Xbox One X after not really having played since launch. Can't wait to see how different it is. I think I may start over — I never even finished the main campaign before. I liked it fine but moved on to play some other games.

I'll be playing alone since I don't have any friends that play this, but I was playing solo before too and it seemed fine.

Looks like big changes are around the corner.

Any idea how active the Xbox One community is? Just for matchmaking the story instances.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Reinstalling this game on my Xbox One X after not really having played since launch. Can't wait to see how different it is. I think I may start over — I never even finished the main campaign before. I liked it fine but moved on to play some other games.

I'll be playing alone since I don't have any friends that play this, but I was playing solo before too and it seemed fine.

Looks like big changes are around the corner.

Any idea how active the Xbox One community is? Just for matchmaking the story instances.
From 1-30 it will probably be pretty quiet these days, but endgame still has people playing Challenging/Heroic/raid all the time. I imagine it will be pretty quiet right now, but pick up some steam when Episode 3 launches (early February looks like). So playing now will probably get you geared for when that drops...but my guess would be that the update they talked about today, which comes after February, is when we will see the most return players. Gear score increase, new gear system, new items, and new content.