• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Thought this might be useful for those who aren't actively following the Division 2 OT.

On today's State Of The Game, the Division developers announced that the second title update (and first major content update) releases next Friday, April 5th. It's a pretty impressive one. It's also free for everyone. This is not one of the already announced 3 planned episodes that are also free for everyone.

The title update includes:
- Tidal Basin stronghold mission (a new, lengthy mission with plot unlocking more invaded missions)
- World Tier 5 unlocks upon completing that mission (a new world tier dropping stronger gear than is currently available - level 450-500)
- The first 3 gear sets released (gear sets are green-coloured drops that give bonuses for being fully equipped in them (**True Patriot, focusing on buffs for your team when they hit debuffed enemies, plus Ongoing Directive (focused on resource gathering) and Hard Wired (focused on skills adding shock effect, reducing cooldowns and getting buffs to damage)
- A new heroic difficulty level (no checkpoints, akin to challenge of level 4 control points, drops more gear, but no gear is locked behind this difficulty - you just get more of it -- very generous rewards, not exclusive rewards)
- New invaded missions (these reset on a weekly timer and are not limited to the missions that are already invaded on the map - aka, essentially new missions in old environments). When these are active during a week, you can toggle between the standard or invaded mission types. Completing them for the first time each week nets you a bonus reward.

1QFZz2E.jpg

Before that, patch 1.7 (dropping tomorrow) includes:
  • improvements to frame rate drops
  • fixes to the remaining bugs plaguing skills not deploying correctly
  • no mention yet of fixes to the values of required skill level for skill mods
  • fixes to scaling related to playing with friends above your level (mainly armor changes)
  • fix to menu bug with controllers where marking mods as junk and skipping categories were mapped to the same button
  • push-to-talk enabled by default for VOIP player.
  • colour for clan members being changed in game (so not same colour as elite enemies)
True Patriot Gear Set:

** Stolen from Reddit user InvokedAccess:
  • Red, White and Blue
    • Every enemy you damage over a certain amount gets a debuff in the following order:
    • Red debuff decreases damage dealt by the target.
    • White debuff restores armor per bullet to players that shoot the target.
    • Blue debuff grants an amount of skill haste when hit.
  • Full Flag
    • Shooting an enemy with all three colors of debuffs will also damage other nearby enemies with all three colors on them.
Update: thanks to a datamine and a commentor, the other gear sets:

Ongoing Directive:
  • 5 piece: All combat resources (armor kits, special and normal ammo, grenades) are picked up from an area of 40m around the player.
  • 6 piece: kills with weapons adds a number of incendiary, explosive or shock bullets to another random weapon slot.
Hardwired:
  • 5 piece: enemies that go near the players placed skills (hive, turrets, pulse sensor) get shocked after a brief buildup with accompanying sparks.
  • 6 piece: kills by your skills reset all skill colldowns. Repairing a friendly agent from no armor resets all your skill cooldowns. When any skill completes its cooldown or reaches full charges, gain bonus damage and repair to all skills for x seconds.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Does this include the Raid or no?

And is this part of the 1 week early access for owning the Year 1 pass?

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
Massive with that quick turnaround on first update, schooling the rest of the industry on how to support GaaS games.

GFdoom

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Ok we get it, Anthem sucks, rip anthem, poor anthem, yadda yadda yadda. No matter what Div2 is doing, Anthem is still here and people are still playing it. can we just keep the discussion on Div2 and not turn this into another "Anthem is the worst game ever made hate train " thread? k, thanks!
Other than that, can't wait to play the new content!
Also, is it just me or are the numbers on the red, blue and yellow icons off from the actual amount of those you have equipped on you?

Last edited:

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
Massive showing they have this GaaS thing down. Can't wait for this and future updates!

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ubi Soft has really figured out how to support games post-launch. Siege, Far Cry 5, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and now this. It makes me more interested in buying their games at release knowing they're not going to wither on the vine

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Ok we get it, Anthem sucks, rip anthem, poor anthem, yadda yadda yadda. No matter what Div2 is doing, Anthem is still here and people are still playing it. can we just keep the discussion on Div2 and not turn this into another "Anthem is the worst game ever made hate train " thread? k, thanks!
Good luck with that with the OT title lol.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Will they fix the issue with the sidearms from the specializations being completely worthless/
They said some weapon balancing is happening with this patch, but the bulk will be held for after they have time to see how gear sets and World Tier 5 shake things up. With stats getting boosted on 450-500 level gear, and gear sets offering unannounced bonuses, they don't want to make sweeping changes before knowing they won't imbalance things.

DomsPlaying

Oct 25, 2017
NJ & NYC
While I'd love for the raid to be part of the early April update, I understand why it isn't.

Looking forward to trying out that new stronghold! Plus seeing what the gear sets are about, they were a fun carrot to chase during the first game.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Many things of the specializations are really underwhelming to be honest. I hope it's not a PVP thing keeping those abilities in check.... Reminds me of Destiny.

I cant find the quote now but they've explicitly said they're balancing PvP and PvE differently so I dont think thats it.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
to think this update doesn't have the raid yet, I guess a few weeks in WT5 to prepare for it then

keysersöze

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Many things of the specializations are really underwhelming to be honest. I hope it's not a PVP thing keeping those abilities in check.... Reminds me of Destiny.
the issue is the guns are level 30 and have no gear score and are not scaled at all. I would love to use them because they're unique to the builds but I can't.