• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/tom-clancy-s-the-division-2-uplay--3777-1

According to Gamesplanet:
Notice

Hey Community!
Sadly we have to announce you that Ubisoft will not allow digital third party stores, such as Gamesplanet, to sell Division 2 after its release on March 15th 2019. After this date, the game will digitally only be available through Ubisoft's Store and another exclusive digital store. This will also be true for all upcoming game content such as Season Pass, Extensions, etc.
Take the opportunity to buy at Gamesplanet until March 15th 2019 and make use of the paysafecard promotion as this will be available until the game will be pulled from our stores.
We won't be able to solve some support requests (e.g. key activated on the wrong Ubisoft account) after March 15th, as we won't have any more keys to exchange/swap. Please address your support requests to Ubisoft directly for such cases.
Worry not, all purchases that have been completed on Gamesplanet will be honoured. This is also true for gifts, no matter if these have been picked up or not.
Obviously, we are not happy about this decision.
The Gamesplanet Team

Hurray for competition I guess ?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. Epic preventing the sale of uPlay keys is particularly distasteful.

Their decision to not support sale of Epic keys across a variety of digital retailers is (in my view) a decision that is negative for consumers. But extending that to paying Ubisoft to adopt a similar stance for uPlay keys is way worse.

Edit: Gamesplanet don't specifically state that Epic is the cause of this decision, so I guess it's just a highly plausible inference at this point.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I remember the comments complimenting and defending Epic after the first rumors came out about their store and their plans. How competition was great lol.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, fuck Epic and all, but Ubisoft made this deal in this first place.

giphy.gif

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
COMPETITION!!!! YAY!!!!!

But this is hilarious when there's physical copies. So the unauthorised, physical game gutters out of region can still sell keys, but not the ones actually willing to do legitamate business with you?

Fuck everyone involved.

OP
OP
GhostTrick

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
[

Well, I for one will never buy a game from the Epic store, but nothing i nthe OP indicates that its epic blocking the uplay keys. If anything, it may be ubisoft trying their luck.

Considering the wording of Gamesplanet... yeah, that's Epic here. Hence why it was happening after the pre-order period.

As of right now, still available on:
GamersGate
Green Man Gaming
WinGameStore
Humble
Amazon

But I would assume it will be pulled from those stores too, unless Gamesplanet was singled out for some reason.

It's still available everywhere until March 15th.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully Epic was there to save this struggling developer ;)

I wouldn't discount this being purely Ubi's decision. They could've pulled the same thing on Steam. In any case, sad to see consumers' store options narrow.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
[

Well, I for one will never buy a game from the Epic store, but nothing i nthe OP indicates that its epic blocking the uplay keys. If anything, it may be ubisoft trying their luck.
Sure there needs to be some investigation into this topic, but Ubisof never had any problem with selling keys through 3rd Party retailers.
Now where they have an EPIC deal in place, this is a problem?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
For something that is so beneficial to us all, this "competition" sure seems to restrict user choice and prohibits actual competition between various shops.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand how in the world Ubisoft thinks that they will benefit from Epic exclusivity. All of their games require Uplay anyway. Even if you buy the game on Steam, it is still added to your Uplay library and you have to launch Uplay. Uplay also lets you get a 20% discount at launch with 100 Uplay points, something that Steam cannot do, so the logical solution for like 90% of people is to just skip any third-party sites and just buy directly on Uplay - cheaper and more convenient. The only thing they are doing is making sure that people who like to have all of their games on Steam will probably not buy TD2.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
[

I'm pretty sure none of epics timed exclusives are available on third party key stores, whereas all other Ubisoft games are. However this evidence is obviously more of the circumstantial Kind.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
You guys just don't understand. This is a good move because now customers will have to spend less time looking at so many stores for so many discounts and price cuts, and they can just buy from one store now. It's called competition.

In case it wasn't clear enough, /s

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
For people in Latin America who wants to save money, there is also Nuuvem.

Also, add another fuck Epic. And fuck that snake Sweeney. Epic Game Store is actively trying to ruin PC Gaming.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
You guys just don't understand. This is a good move because now customers will have to spend less time looking at so many stores for so many discounts and price cuts, and they can just buy from one store now. It's called competition.

In case it wasn't clear enough, /s
Truly, We have too many games, too little time. they're helping us manage time.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I'd really, REALLY love to know how much revenue they're gonna lose out of this whole deal 90 days from now. There's is no way in hell that the loss of revenue from them removing Steam as an option to buy can be made up by an exclusive deal with the EGS. No way. I just can't see how that's in any way possible. And this just makes it that much worse.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Damn , that competition is so str0ng

Less stores to buy games and higher prices so corporations can make more money while screwing customers and partners l0l

keep-calm-cause-it-s-best-for-business.png

Anyone who defends this practice just can't be taken seriously lol

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ah yes, "fuck Epic" until they wave another free shiny game on your wishlist in your face, and then you'll lap it up like a grateful starved street dog.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
What a WONDERFUL thing this COMPETITION must be for a couple of struggling mom and pop companies like Ubisoft and Epic Games. Please do go on members of Era who still believe this is fair competition for PC gaming customers, please tell me how in fact this is so WONDERFUL.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Laughing at all those Sweeney anti-MS hate speeches (and their supporters on here). What a greedy, gross hypocrite.

Lovely seeing this as I just bought a new gaming PC. Fucking Epic.