• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
WLK_UCS16031_UBDC_NewsHeader_960x540_US.png

Title: Division 2 - Warlords Of New York (Expansion + Title Update 8)
Platforms: PC/Xbox One/PS4
Release date: Monday, March 2nd (PC), Tuesday, March 3rd (Consoles)
Developer: Massive
Publisher: Ubisoft
Genre: Looter Shooter
Distribution: Digital
Pricing: $29.99
WARLORDS OF NEW YORK & TITLE UPDATE 8
Welcome back, agents! The Division 2 is launching its first major expansion, promising a return to unfinished narrative threads from the first game, a level cap increase and a new endgame focus along with Title Update 8, an update that features fundamental changes to the game's core systems, most notably Gear 2.0. Gear 2.0 will featured a complete re-work of weapons, gear and talents.

PATCH NOTES
If you'd rather comb through the very detailed patch notes for Warlords/Title Update 8, please visit this excellent post by JokerUnique over on the Division 2 Reddit.

WARLORDS OF NEW YORK: NEW CONTENT/FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO THE EXPANSION
  • New open world map roughly 1/4 the size of the Division 2's map​
  • A return to New York! While it isn't in the wintertime, agents will be exploring a brand new section of New York, Lower Manhattan, created on a 1:1 scale​
  • Level cap increase (from 30 to 40)​
  • New near infinite progression system allowing players to incrementally improve their character after reaching max level. SHD levels can be gained in place of Field Proficiency Caches allowing for permanent, small increases in things like Weapon Damage/Armor/Health/Handling etc. maxing out at 10-20% on average. These gains are account wide and applied regardless of gear worn​
  • New narrative campaign revolving around the hunt for Aaron Keener and his 4 lieutenants. This is 5 main missions and a plethora of open world content and activities​
  • New skills (including the return of the Sticky Bomb and Shock Turret from the first game), each dropped upon defeating one of Keener's lieutenants​
  • New, stronger gear (level 31-40)​
  • New gearsets (2), new exotics (10), new named items (19), new weapons (2), new brands (4)​
  • Seasons: 3 month long seasonal content framed around Seasonal Manhunts with season tracks (a free base track and a premium track). No rewards affecting power level earned via the tracks are unobtainable by simply playing the game - it mostly revolves around cosmetics, guaranteed drops and caches​
  • New factions, including the return of the Cleaners​
  • Global difficulty level: agents can now set a difficulty level (Normal/Hard/Challenging/Heroic) not just for specific missions, but for every activity and open world NPC. Players who choose to play on harder difficulties will receive better chances for better loot​
  • Legendary difficulty: a brand new difficulty level featuring new Black Tusk variants and AI programming. The hardest challenge yet for Division 2 players​
  • Level 40 version of the Raid, Operation Dark Hours, with a new Level 40 Eagle Bearer​
  • Ability to instantly boost your character to level 30 to take on the new content​
  • Global events: lifted from the first game, Global Events will modify the core gameplay loop and reward system for a period of time
  • Directives: lifted from Division's Underground mode, players will be able to toggle on or off specific Directives that change the core gameplay loop, making it harder, but more rewarding​
  • Apparel events: completing tasks/gaining experience will unlock brand new cosmetic items​
  • New full gear dyes (covering the entirety of a piece of gear instead of the current system)​
  • New hunter encounters​
  • After completing the expansion, players can freely roam back and forth between DC and New York, engaging in all of the open world activities, bounties, etc.​
TCTD2_Fog_of_War.jpg

Essentially, we're on the hunt for Aaron Keener (finally!), the late-in-the-game reveal as the big, big bad from Division 1 that ended up getting away. If you'd like to get a bit of a back-story, watch the videos below and play the new missions (now in game) taking place on Coney Island.
(List of videos thanks to Division 2 Reddit)

div2-warlords-squares-03-explore_4_nyc_districts.jpg

GEAR 2.0 EXPLAINED (FREE TO ALL DIVISION 2 PLAYERS, NOT JUST THOSE WITH THE EXPANSION)
  • Every weapon and piece of gear is being re-worked, including exotics
  • A re-work of the game's UI, immediately showing a player how high a piece of gear or weapon's roll is compared to the max (indicators in the inventory screen and also god roll indicators out in the open world)
  • Talents will no longer drop on every piece of gear, but only on backpacks and chest pieces. To compensate, talents are being re-worked to be more powerful and build-defining.
  • The way the base game worked was that gear had a budget system. If one attribute was rolled high, by definition, the other one would drop low. With re-calibration, players could artiificially add a single better roll to a piece of gear. Gear 2.0 allows all attributes to drop with god rolls (though rare), which should contribute to a better, more consistent build progression system
  • Because of this, the developers can now ensure that higher difficulties reward higher chances for better overall rolls on gear. While you will still have a chance to drop god rolls on Normal Difficulty, the chances to drop those more consistenly increase the harder the level you play on
  • The game is introducing a Re-calibration library, essentially a Pokedex, allowing players to store god rolls for re-calibration later. Not only is this another form of progression (fill your library with god rolls), but it takes pressure off of the player's inventory and stash, holding onto gear for fear they may one day need to deconstruct it in a re-calibration
  • The skill system is being completely re-worked, with Skill Power being exchanged for Skill Tiers. Previously, Skill Power only determined what level of skill mods players could equip. A person with maxed out skill power build, but without a mod that took advantage of that skill power, was no stronger than one with 1/2 as much skill power with the same mod. Now, Skill Tiers directly influence stats such as Skill Duration, Radius, Healing and Damage power, with certain gears allowing for overcharge effects
  • Brand and gear set bonuses are being re-worked
  • An increased max gear score of 515 (this is essentially high rolled level 30 gear, which pales in comparison to level 40 gear)
ui_backpack_359624.png

TITLE UPDATE 8 (FREE TO ALL DIVISION 2 PLAYERS, NOT JUST THOSE WITH THE EXPANSION)
  • Gear 2.0 (see above for a full breakdown) - the game-changing overhaul
  • Players who choose not to play the expansion will cap out at Level 30/Gear Score 515. If level 40 players are invited to their game, the level 30 player will scale up to be able to play content together, but still be capped at Level 30 drops
  • Heroic difficulty for all missions (currently there are only a handful of missions that can be tackled on heroic with a weekly rotation of rewards)
  • Dark Zone re-tools - while there are still three separate zones for the DZ, and no new area in New York, the devs are tweaking the experience's loot and core gameplay loops to encourage more PVP
  • New character heads for new players
  • New hunter encounters in Washington
  • Bounty system overhaul
div2-warlords-squares-04-progress_to_level_40.jpg

SEASONS (ONLY AVAILABLE TO WARLORDS OF NEW YORK EXPANSION HOLDERS)
  • A brand new focus to the endgame
  • Begins one week after the expansion's launch
  • First season and its premium track are free with the purchase of the expansion. Subsequent seasons will be free but their premium tracks will cost 1,000 premium credits or about 10 euros
  • Will last for 3 months each
  • Include seasonal manhunt targets - a narrative thread for the season involving tracking down one key target, which will drop a new skill variant
  • Seasonal Tracks, both base and premium, rewarding the player for playing during a season. These won't be pay to win rewards, but cosmetics or additional guaranteed drops that can still be randomly earned in game in non-seasonal content
  • The Seasonal Tracks are expected to take 50-100 hours, depending on how much a player focuses on the specific challenges
  • These tracks can be purchased outright towards the end of the season for those who don't have the time to invest
  • Will include new gear sets, though players will be able to acquire these gear sets outside of the seasonal content too, just perhaps at a slower rate
  • Reimagined Global Events, taken from the first game - while these haven't been fully revealed yet, expect gameplay modifiers and exclusive cosmetics (first one is Polarity Switch, enemies are colour coded, your weapon is colour coded, reloading changes the colour of your weapon - match colours of your gun to the enemy for increased damage, shoot the wrong colour, get shocked)
  • Leagues - basically leaderboards and more skill-intensive challenges that can direct a player's end-game experience and reward specific caches/apparel items
  • Apparel and Season events
_TCTD2___NEWS__Warlords_of_New_York_Endgame_Activities_01.png

RewardTrack540.png

RELEASE SCHEDULE

TCTD2_Flashcard_WARLOCK_RoadMap_final_2.jpg

NEW PLAYERS/REFERRAL LINKS

Xbox: If you're just starting out Division 2, maybe accept my Uplay referral link? If you do, and play 3 missions with me, you'll get some sweet reward including a black/yellow Hunter outfit.
Referral Link!

Anyone on PS4/PC wanna put their referral here?

CLANS

Any active clans needing players? If so, just tag me with Clan name and joining instructions.

XBOX:
Kneel And Flex (KNF) - a mix of hardcore and casual players. The clan is open to join, just search for it.

PC:
Rogue Ones - pm astro for a clan invite.

PS4:
Cobra Command

DISCORD

Division Era discord link:
(If not immediately visable, post in the main thread first, then check)
Quote for Discord Link!
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
(emote the bot post to add your role <platform>)

WHAT HAS CHANGED SINCE THE DIVISION 2 FIRST LAUNCHED THAT STILL APPLIES?

While the game launched to strong reviews, many ended up being critical of the gear system and endgame progression. Beyond the overhaul included in Gear 2.0, the game has already had massive changes to its core loops including everything from adjustments to time to kill to the introduction of Targeted Loot. Targeted Loot is a filter on the map which allows you to target specific weapon types, mods, brand sets or gear sets. Essentially, it fast tracks a build if you know what you are looking for. While all drops are bonus drops on top of the regular drops, they are still determined by RNG.

div2-warlords-squares-05-engage_in_seasons.jpg

CONTENT MATRIX

If you'd like to see an overview of what content is available exclusively with the expansion, or through the free Title Update 8, please visit the Division 2's excellent community Reddit post.
Content Matrix

WHAT'S TO COME?

While the devs haven't hinted at what lies ahead for The Division 2 beyond this update, the now Seasonal Content drops already mark a plan for the future with constant change-ups to the overall gameplay experience, gear options and cosmetic rewards.

We also already know a 2nd raid is near completion. That is expected to drop in early Spring and will likely be the hardest content level 40 players can face.

PS: This is my first OT, so if you'd like to see changes, just tag me in here and I'll do my best. I'm a pretty active Division 2 player and poster, so hoping this helps get more folks back into the game.

COMMUNITY RESOURCES

Here are some of the most useful links the community has put together:

Interactive New York Map: Can toggle on/off all kinds of things, from collectibles to echos to named enemies and more.
Interactive DC Map: Same as above, but for, uh, DC!

Gear Attribute Sheet: All brand bonuses, gear set bonuses, what attributes can drop on each, max attribute rolls, mods, Named Items, Exotic weapons and gear bonuses, weapon talents, etc.) - basically, the all-in-one guide to what you can get in Division 2 loot.

Vendor Reset: Updated weekly with all new items on sale. Check the Reddit post for recommendations each week.

Exotics Drop Locations And Rates: Find out where to get all of the exotics in the game.

New Hunter Locations: An in-depth guide to finding all of the new Hunters/Masks in the game.

Snitch Locations: Finding the snitch locates the rotating Cassie vendor.

_TCTD2__NEWS_Outcasts.png

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Still debating if I want to play this on PC. I beat the game on PS4 but I do have it on PC and this does allow you to skip...

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Came back just a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised at how much better it became. Been clearing the new story missions in anticipation and I cannot wait to jump in tomorrow.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Still debating if I want to play this on PC. I beat the game on PS4 but I do have it on PC and this does allow you to skip...
I did. Got the game originally on Xbox, completed the story and the world tiers, did pretty much everything except raids.

Now bought it on PC, boosted to level 30 and now I'm just waiting for Warlords. I feel a bit bummed that I can't use my Xbox character, I remember having some exotics that was obscure and hard to get but oh well.

Can't go back to 30 fps and slow loading times now that I have a decent game PC.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I bought the ultimate version.. havent played much of D2.

Does it take long to reach level 30? Should I use the level skip? I'm not against going through the main campaign.. will I miss out on anything if I arrive in NYC a week after launch?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

Does it take long to reach level 30? Should I use the level skip? I'm not against going through the main campaign.. will I miss out on anything if I arrive in NYC a week after launch?

I don't think you'll miss anything unless you get fomo from not being their with everyone else day one.

It's a decent campaign that's going to be challenging to solo, especially towards the end.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
At long last, after years of the developers teasing a confrontation, we're finally going to be able to take down Savathûn, the Witch-Queen.

...what do you mean she's not in NYC?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Good job OP. I only played D2 until level 10 or so and dropped it...it just did not click with me like D1 did. But I picked it up again after the new expansion announcement and they definitely improved a lot of things. I made a new character, but stopped playing because of this update. I also picked up the PC version since it was $2.99! Looking forward to the updates and will start another fresh character to play through. Not sure what platform I will main ("X" or PC), but looking forward to it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that is making buying this so hard is that I feel like every big expansions for games like this and Destiny start off really really strong and then you get to the endgame and realize there is nothing else and the stuff there is the rewards are never worth it.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Tentatively very excited for this, the endgame loot situation was the only reason I finally dropped the game after a couple hundred hours. Loot 2.0 sounds pretty perfect on paper, I still want to see if it actually pans out though. If I wasn't super into FFXIV right now I'd probably bite day one, so I'll probably wait a week or two to make sure user impressions deliver and then hop in later once I have a bit more time maybe. Really hoping this delivers for folks.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
The only thing that is making buying this so hard is that I feel like every big expansions for games like this and Destiny start off really really strong and then you get to the endgame and realize there is nothing else and the stuff there is the rewards are never worth it.

I get that. The only good Destiny expansion was the Taken King. I'm hoping that this one is good. The story focusing on Keener and his four Warlords is a good as concept as any, particularly since he's been around since the start of Division 1.

The seasons in the post game focusing on a manhunt for a main bad guy could end up being really cool too hopefully.

Loot 2.0 should help with rewards being good as well.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm low key hyped for this after going through the Pentagon and Coney Island missions.

Really hope this expansions resurrects the game. The core gameplay, visuals and sound design are such a good foundation. Theres nothing quite like the night time firefights in the PC version maxed at 60fps with neutral lighting.

The saving grace for The Division 2 is that the game is pretty much worth it just to run through the open world and main missions, they're that good.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm playing the base game on PC right now, but i'm getting constant crashes. Is there a fix for this on DX12 or do i have to switch to DX11? Would love to pick up the new expansion, but not if it's going to crash all the time.

Jun 1, 2018
I have two questions.

1. Is this really new york city or did they just take the assets from washington and called it NEW YORK?
2. I have the base game. I want to buy this but I only see editions where they also include division 2?

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Switched over from Xbox to PC. It just plays sooo much better with a better Framerate and a SSD. No more loading geometry yay

Also text chat is super useful.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would love to come back to D2, especially after I bought a new GPU, but really short on money right now. I will have to wait until I can use 100 Ubi points to get it for PC lol

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Switched over from Xbox to PC. It just plays sooo much better with a better Framerate and a SSD. No more loading geometry yay

Also text chat is super useful.

This game is one of the instances where the console and PC version is a huge upgrade. Even outside of frame rate and load times the visuals are just much better even compared to the 1X version.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my friend are diving back in with this expansion, still got the Episode 3 missions to finish and then it's New York, New York.

Really looking forward to Gear 2.0.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I went back after finishing the game during launch (I think I finished WT1) but man I'm overwhelmed. I'm thinking if I should just redo another playthrough. Any good videos for people who are diving back?

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I'm only level 12 and really don't want to skip to level 30. It's starting to look like I might have to if I want to enjoy the expansion any time soon.

Thecrunked

Oct 25, 2017

I would recommend skipping. It takes a long time to fully finish the world tiers after hitting level 30 and if you plan on playing the warlords dlc then any good gear and such you earn will be basically useless to start on the dlc. Better to level to level 40 with the dlc and they start working on your builds while experiencing all the stuff you skipped. You will kill 2 birds with one stone

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
This game is one of the instances where the console and PC version is a huge upgrade. Even outside of frame rate and load times the visuals are just much better even compared to the 1X version.
Agree. The "X" version does look very good, but a good spec'd PC you can turn some stuff up that makes the game on PC really shine. I actually went back to the original Division on PC and damn is it a gorgeous game as well. There are certain specs that on PC that once you turn them up really makes a huge difference...I hope the Next Gen consoles will have the horsepower to have some settings dialed up.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say. They got me with the $3. I already owned the game from a GPU promotion. But it brought multiple friends in. We played like 40 hours and enjoyed it enough where we purchased the year one pass and this expansion via the ultimate edition with 20% off code. So I guess successful promotion on their part.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would recommend skipping. It takes a long time to fully finish the world tiers after hitting level 30 and if you plan on playing the warlords dlc then any good gear and such you earn will be basically useless to start on the dlc. Better to level to level 40 with the dlc and they start working on your builds while experiencing all the stuff you skipped. You will kill 2 birds with one stone

It says you will permanently miss out on some events when you skip, so I'm hesitant. And achievements as well I suppose.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I have to say. They got me with the $3. I already owned the game from a GPU promotion. But it brought multiple friends in. We played like 40 hours and enjoyed it enough where we purchased the year one pass and this expansion via the ultimate edition with 20% off code. So I guess successful promotion on their part.

What, there was a discount?

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I have two questions.

1. Is this really new york city or did they just take the assets from washington and called it NEW YORK?
2. I have the base game. I want to buy this but I only see editions where they also include division 2?
Can't answer for 1, but you can just buy the expansion without the base game for $30.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It says you will permanently miss out on some events when you skip, so I'm hesitant. And achievements as well I suppose.
This is what the boost gives you:
  • direct access to level 30 / World Tier 5
  • every main and secondary missions from the base game done
  • points to max out the first three Specializations (Sharpshooter, Demolitionist, Survivalist)
  • every skills variants
  • every bonuses at the Quartermaster
  • GS500 items (2 main weapons, 1 handgun, 1 armor piece for every slot with their mod slots filled)
  • five SHD Extremis Malis caches, each with 2 GS500 weapons and 2 GS500 armor pieces
  • crafting materials half full
  • 150 000 credits
  • every blueprints from the secondary missions
That means you miss out on doing ALL of the side missions in the game cause they are the only missions that are not replayable at all.

Thecrunked

Oct 25, 2017
Man I went back after finishing the game during launch (I think I finished WT1) but man I'm overwhelmed. I'm thinking if I should just redo another playthrough. Any good videos for people who are diving back?
Just get the dlc and do the skip. You need to level to 40 to get to the new endgame. All loot is essentially worthless until you hit the max level because even if your loot is good for your level, it will quickly become useless in a level or 2, thus it's not worth it to try to make a build. Power thru to level 40 as fast as possible, then you can replay the old content while working on new builds

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
This is what the boost gives you:
  • direct access to level 30 / World Tier 5
  • every main and secondary missions from the base game done
  • points to max out the first three Specializations (Sharpshooter, Demolitionist, Survivalist)
  • every skills variants
  • every bonuses at the Quartermaster
  • GS500 items (2 main weapons, 1 handgun, 1 armor piece for every slot with their mod slots filled)
  • five SHD Extremis Malis caches, each with 2 GS500 weapons and 2 GS500 armor pieces
  • crafting materials half full
  • 150 000 credits
  • every blueprints from the secondary missions
That means you miss out on doing ALL of the side missions in the game cause they are the only missions that are not replayable at all.

All the story missions in the game are fun and have unique locations so I wouldn't recommend skipping any.

Thecrunked

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only level 12 and really don't want to skip to level 30. It's starting to look like I might have to if I want to enjoy the expansion any time soon.
You should skip, getting to the end game is what matters, you can replay all the old content over and over while grinding for your builds. Your essentially wasting your time not skipping cause there is no benefit to your character until you hit the end game

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
You should skip, getting to the end game is what matters, you can replay all the old content over and over while grinding for your builds. Your essentially wasting your time not skipping cause there is no benefit to your character until you hit the end game
They will miss out on doing all the side missions cause they are a one and done deal

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
You can still finish them later. And they mostly suck anyway
It says all sidemissions will be done and you get the blueprints for them in the boost description though?
Can you verify that they are 100% there to be played if you skip?

Also "they suck" is an opinion. It's content they could miss out on. A lot of people value distinct content over the endgame.
It's about the journey, not the end.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Will burn through the campaign and lose interest again, always had a fun time going through and hitting cap with the Division. Introduction of that paid season nonsense though? Ugh, so glad I've given up keeping up in GaaS.