• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

manlisten

Oct 28, 2017
Finished a DUA Legendary run and a couple of Heroic missions with 3 randoms. The difficulty is honestly not that crazy if the team is actually balanced and no one tries to play Rambo. I'm using a skill tier 6 healer/CC build (Restorer Hive + cluster seeker mine). Not going to say it's a cakewalk but it's definitely manageable. Having a dedicated medic makes a world of difference.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
What about Negotiator's? Massive crit on it right?
I run two pieces of Negotiator's for the crit chance, and because my rolls on both of those particular pieces are really good. Otherwise I'm maximizing my favored weapon's damage stats and going all-in on crit chance and damage through manufacturer bonuses. I'll definitely rotate out Negotiator's once I can maximize my crit damage through other means, since losing 5% on my crit chance isn't an enormous DPS loss.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
What about Negotiator's? Massive crit on it right?

No. With 2 pieces of a certain brand sets, you get 10% chance and damage ON top of the potential chance/damage rolls and mod slots that can roll on them since each piece has 2 attributes vs a gear sets 1 which should push it past the 15% bonus of negotiator. If that's your only option, then it can be a decent stopgap

manlisten

Oct 28, 2017
Challenging pretty much requires you to have good gear and a good build now. I'd suggest sticking to hard until you can get some better gear and then move up to challenging. IMO a red only DPS build is the easiest build to make that will get you through the harder content. You'll want 3 pieces of providence, one piece of Ceska, 1 piece of Groupa Sombra and one piece for damage in whatever weapon type you plan on using (overlord for rifle, petrov for LMG, fenris for AR, sokolov for SMG). Keep an eye out for Fox's Prayer knees (overlord piece that gives damage to target out of cover) and Contractor's gloves (petrov piece that gives damage to armor) and sub these in as you get them. For talents I'd recommend vigilance on the backpack and either glass cannon or unbreakable on the chest (more damage vs more survivability). Weapon talents I'd say strained for an AR or SMG, fast hands or strained for LMG and boomerang or rifleman for rifle.

Haha, I didn't realize that actually posted. I was going to add that I need to work on a proper build for solo play.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Finished a DUA Legendary run and a couple of Heroic missions with 3 randoms. The difficulty is honestly not that crazy if the team is actually balanced and no one tries to play Rambo. I'm using a skill tier 6 healer/CC build (Restorer Hive + cluster seeker mine). Not going to say it's a cakewalk but it's definitely manageable. Having a dedicated medic makes a world of difference.

How long did it take you and did you walk away with anything useable?

Oct 27, 2017
You can get plenty of useful things though... exotics aren't the only useful things. Come on dude...

What is useful?
At least yesterday, the China Gear was potentially useful, so not getting the Dragon Holster was fine. The progress was still made.
Today, doing Tombs, all I have is a bunch of random items and some LMGs, none were worth keeping.

The only thing I am made progress with was Season Pass XP, Caches and Flamethrower tree points. As far as getting drops from enemies go: 0.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What is useful?
At least yesterday, the China Gear was potentially useful, so not getting the Dragon Holster was fine. The progress was still made.
Today, doing Tombs, all I have is a bunch of random items and some LMGs, none were worth keeping.

The only thing I am made progress with was Season Pass XP, Caches and Flamethrower tree points. As far as getting drops from enemies go: 0.
I play Heroic exclusively, and I find useful pieces every single day.

Max attributes for my bank and new pieces for my builds are very common, as are better rolls on weapons for my collection.

Oh, and I'm also beginning to find max level mods too.

Last edited:

Marvo Pandoras

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Do mind sharing your healer build?

Oct 27, 2017
I play Heroic exclusively, and I find useful pieces every single day.

Max attributes for my bank and new pieces for my builds are very common, as are better rolls on weapons for my collection.

Oh, and I'm also beginning to find max level mods too.

I am just not feeling progress at all. I have most of the attributes in the library at max, or close to the max. I would like to find +12% crit dmg mods. Currently running something like 10.5%/10.7%.

• Getting all the exotics fast would make the game less interesting.
• Not getting any exotics makes the game less interesting.

Question is, will people stick around doing the same mission 50x, or will they move to a different looter-shooter. Is this how you collect rarest weapons in Destiny 2 too?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I am just not feeling progress at all. I have most of the attributes in the library at max, or close to the max. I would like to find +12% crit dmg mods. Currently running something like 10.5%/10.7%.

• Getting all the exotics fast would make the game less interesting.
• Not getting any exotics makes the game less interesting.

Question is, will people stick around doing the same mission 50x, or will they move to a different looter-shooter. Is this how you collect rarest weapons in Destiny 2 too?
There is a finite amount of content in games like these, and yes the loot chase is all there is usually once you have exhausted everything.

Question: you get your exotics, and then?

You only ran 3x heroic missions too, dude...

Oct 27, 2017
Question: you get your exotics, and then?

The game is more fun when I have more unique pieces to craft builds. Items like Lady Death or Eagle Bearer definitely open unique talents that are simply not found elsewhere. I can try this playstyle, I can see if it is fun, if it is efficient. Collecting all exotics is part of the game, there is even a wall for that.

+ we haven't even reached the part whether the stat-rolls will be any good. So potentially, I don't need just one, but a couple.

Attempting Legendary missions or DZ heists. Defense in D1 was a fun end-game activity. Maybe the Raid and upcoming Raids require roles or playstyles that Exotics would fit-in. The Leagues are offering unique challenges, and in the future, unique modifiers.

I think the game is too slow, and relies too heavily on exotics as a main motivation to play the mission. I don't have data, but I would say it is not healthy, people will quit because of such progression.

Here, this would be a good loop for me:
• Play <8 of the same missions (on average) to get their exclusive Exotic
• Make the build from that exotic to play 8 missions for a different Exotic
• Learn, optimize and save the first Exotic build just in time for the latter Exotic build

Dude said he played 26x the same mission to get just ONE exotic. This is the definition of grind: is this the intended gameplay experience?

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The game is more fun when I have more unique pieces to craft builds. Items like Lady Death or Eagle Bearer definitely open unique talents that are simply not found elsewhere. I can try this playstyle, I can see if it is fun, if it is efficient. Collecting all exotics is part of the game, there is even a wall for that.

+ we haven't even reached the part whether the stat-rolls will be any good. So potentially, I don't need just one, but a couple.

Attempting Legendary missions or DZ heists. Defense in D1 was a fun end-game activity. Maybe the Raid and upcoming Raids require roles or playstyles that Exotics would fit-in. The Leagues are offering unique challenges, and in the future, unique modifiers.

I think the game is too slow, and relies too heavily on exotics as a main motivation to play the mission. I don't have data, but I would say it is not healthy, people will quit because of such progression.

Here, this would be a good loop for me:
• Play <8 of the same missions (on average) to get their exclusive Exotic
• Make the build from that exotic to play 8 missions for a different Exotic
• Learn, optimize and save the first Exotic build just in time for the latter Exotic build

Dude said he played 26x the same mission to get just ONE exotic. This is the definition of grind: is this the intended gameplay experience?
Honestly, exotics are an issue but it it's not the drop rate on its own imo 26x would be fine for me, IF they were all max stats.

As they're random rolls, they should drop more often.

So I agree in part, but honestly there is more than enough carrot right now for me, yes.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I really hope they fix the 3 and 4 player scaling soon. I can do things solo on challenging or heroic but I have way more fun doing co-op and as it stands now I'm not good enough to carry a team of 4 through challenging or heroic and it feels like I have to carry because randoms don't have builds that can do enough damage. Honestly if they only fixed one thing about this mess of an expansion that'd be the one that would make me happiest.

Oct 27, 2017
Played the game, someone was using a damage-exploit.

It was heroic, all modifier, Tomb.

I think the Judge died mid-air, his corpse was exactly below the hole. The double-tank line in the morgue was basically 4-shot-ed.

fir5fug29zs31.jpg

Last edited:

manlisten

Oct 28, 2017
Do mind sharing your healer build?

Here's what I'm running:

Gear
4-piece Hard-Wired (Backpack, Chest, Gloves, Kneepads)
  • +15% Skill Haste
  • +15% Skill Damage
  • +15% Repair Skills
Murakami Mask
  • +20% Skill Duration
Alps Holster
  • +15% Repair Skills
Then just stack a bunch of mods/attributes for Skill Duration, Skill Haste and Repair Skills.

Skills
Restorer Hive
  • 2s Refill Speed
  • 35 Charges
  • 73.9s Duration
  • 13m Range
  • 4.1M Health
  • 214K Healing
Cluster Seeker Mine
  • 34.1s Cooldown
  • 10 Mines
  • 1.5M Damage

Armor - 664K
Health - 272.1K

Hard-Wired has a nice perk, when you deploy a skill it resets the cool-down timer on your other skill. So the way I play this is:

Throw out my Seeker Cluster, blow stuff up. As soon as the seekers go on cool-down, I drop the Hive. This resets my Seekers, allowing me to throw them out again -> blow more stuff up. The Hard-Wired perk goes on a 20-second cool-down. Once this cool-down is up, I pick up my Restore Hive then drop it again, resetting my Seeker. Picking up the Hive also resets its countdown timer. If I need to let my Hive refill then I just let the seekers cool down on their own. Need to work on shortening the CD timer on the seekers I guess.

Weapons are whatever, they all hit like Nerf guns with this setup. Need to look for a good weapon talent that might complement this but haven't looked into that yet. This is honestly my first attempt at putting together an actual "build" so not sure if this is even good, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Last edited:

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Here's what I'm running:

Gear
4-piece Hard-Wired (Backpack, Chest, Gloves, Kneepads)
  • +15% Skill Haste
  • +15% Skill Damage
  • +15% Repair Skills
Murakami Mask
  • +20% Skill Duration
Alps Holster
  • +15% Repair Skills
Then just stack a bunch of mods/attributes for Skill Duration, Skill Haste and Repair Skills.

Skills
Restorer Hive
  • 2s Refill Sped
  • 35 Charges
  • 73.9s Duration
  • 13m Range
  • 4.1M Health
  • 214K Healing
Cluster Seeker Mine
  • 34.1s Cooldown
  • 10 Mines
  • 1.5M Damage

Armor - 664K
Health - 272.1K

Hard-Wired has a nice perk, when you deploy a skill it resets the cool-down timer on your other skill. So the way I play this is:

Throw out my Seeker Cluster, blow stuff up. As soon as the seekers go on cool-down, I drop the Hive. This resets my Seekers, allowing me to throw them out again -> blow more stuff up. The Hard-Wired perk goes on a 20-second cool-down. Once this cool-down is up, I pick up my Restore Hive then drop it again, resetting my Seeker. Picking up the Hive also resets its countdown timer. If I need to let my Hive refill then I just let the seekers cool down on their own. Need to work on shortening the CD timer on the seekers I guess.

Weapons are whatever, they all hit like Nerf guns with this setup. Need to look for a good weapon talent that might complement this but haven't looked into that yet. This is honestly my first attempt at putting together an actual "build" so not sure if this is even good, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Keep an eye out for weapons (Preferarbly Rifles or MMRs) that come with Reformation as a talent as headshots increases skill repair and healing by 25%

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Went back to Fed Bunker, figured I had better gear, more damage, close to maxing crit chance, and it's the fastest one (14 minutes!) and I already had a 22:30. Plus I'd just redone DCD and managed to get 16:07, shaving more than six minutes off. This should go well, right?

34 MINUTES. Died near the beginning, and twice afterwards. I hate hate HATE HATE how squishy I've become. Peek your head out for a second and someone can take half your armor bar off you, maybe more. Get the stupid hammer bro after you while an elite rusher blows your shit up and goodbye to two minutes' worth of work at minimum.

At least I made it to 33/60, but boy do I hate this. Running Heroic Roosevelt with astro (P.S. thank you again astro!) was somehow less stressful than that stupid Fed Bunker run, I think because my expectations were nil for Roosevelt but with Bunker I really, really expected to get better, not get worse by more than 10 minutes.

Oct 27, 2017
No idea what would be a good chest-talent for the burning DoT build.

Spark seems to be decent? Tag Team? Explosive Delivery?

+ found the perfect Perfect Glass Cannon (except I don't have max mods :()
UXQzxV0.png

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
No idea what would be a good chest-talent for the burning DoT build.

Spark seems to be decent? Tag Team? Explosive Delivery?

+ found the perfect Perfect Glass Cannon (except I don't have max mods :()
UXQzxV0.png
Congrats on the god roll (and one of the best named items at that)!

...as for the Chest Piece, what exactly isyour build/skills? Acosta's Bag seems good (Ability to overcharge, 10% status effects, 10% skill repair etc.) for most skill-based builds?

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats on the god roll (and one of the best named items at that)!

...as for the Chest Piece, what exactly isyour build/skills? Acosta's Bag seems good (Ability to overcharge, 10% status effects, 10% skill repair etc.) for most skill-based builds?

I don't have the bag yet, but I do have a Perfect Shock and Awe.

I dunno, I am just theory crafting and experimenting. Any chest talent to help with the offensive skills and status duration. Bonus damage, bonus utility, cooldowns etc. Seems like nothing too useful?

Also, played Island non-Invaded. I think some bullshit happened to our party too, similar to what happened to you? Boat section enemies were already aggro'ed, shot as soon as they saw our heads during the climbing animation. The suicider was already at the pipes when I landed. Note: nobody rushed, all 4 agents jumped roughly at the same time.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I don't have the bag yet, but I do have a Perfect Shock and Awe.

I dunno, I am just theory crafting and experimenting. Any chest talent to help with the offensive skills and status duration. Bonus damage, bonus utility, cooldowns etc. Seems like nothing too useful?
You may already have the best piece-Perfect Glass Cannon applies to skill damage and generally skill builds want to avoid getting hit anyway.

Otherwise, a lot of skill damage or crowd control builds use the following:
Acosta's Go Bag
Kinetic Momentum
Skilled
Emphatic Resolve

Hard Wired gearset is bugger but could become good when foxed too.

Oct 27, 2017
I ran the Wall Street and the Tombs missions a combined 50+ times before I got the Bullet King LMG.

Hell, I ran the Napalm mission (that might have been the Legendary version of the mission's name...I can't remember exactly) over 400 times in TD1 before I got the Ferro's Mask to drop.

It's the nature of these games.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a Negotiator's LMG build that pretty much dunks on almost anything in Challenging right now. 56.7% crit chance, 101.6% crit damage, 85% headshot damage. Gunner spec, MG5 with Crit chance roll, Fast Hands, and +50 round mag, 4pc Negotiator's, Petrov chest with Unbreakable, and Devil's Due named Ceska backpack for Perfect Clutch. Both my Chest and Backpack are whatever I had lying around and I can't decide if I should stick with survivability or try and pump even more damage out of this build.

Oct 27, 2017
You may already have the best piece-Perfect Glass Cannon applies to skill damage and generally skill builds want to avoid getting hit anyway.

Otherwise, a lot of skill damage or crowd control builds use the following:
Acosta's Go Bag
Kinetic Momentum
Skilled
Emphatic Resolve

Hard Wired gearset is bugger but could become good when foxed too.

That chest is for the weapon damage/crit build.

As far as weapons go, clearly I need something that either ignites or does more damage to burning. I have a decent Everlasting Gaze which sets-up enemies for forever status-effect. The backup weapon should be either something with bonus damage to already burning (whatever the name is of 20% to burning and igniting 4th target), or Sweet Dreams to defend myself as I have a decent roll one.

Does Skill Haste increase the speed of skill-ammo restore? Edit: It does

Oct 27, 2017
Welp...

The burn-status build might be fun, but not when I can peak at almost 4m headshots with M1A. At this point, using an offensive skill-build is just not efficient. I am going to try different skills, but so far, not impressed. Reached around 350k burn damage.
• Low damage
• Range limitations
• Slow targeting
• Bad against bosses
• Bad against robots
• Bad against static objects like turrets
• Bad against spread-out enemies

Also, Dragon Holster is not very good. It is a defensive item when you get flanked, but in most cases, you shouldn't be within 20m of an enemy. I am losing 10% Status Damage (From Yellow Golan? set) and currently another attribute for the fairly weak passive. Status Damage is rolled max on it, and average explosive resistance. Maybe if you only trade Passive for Gear-brand effect it is worth it for PVE, but even then, doubt it.

Don't ask me how I got it...

I have tested this build doing Heroic Lincoln Memorial. I think I have completed 3 runs and got total 2 Exotic chests (though not greatstats), so if anyone needs one, this seems like both easy mission and high drop chance.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
That chest is for the weapon damage/crit build.

As far as weapons go, clearly I need something that either ignites or does more damage to burning. I have a decent Everlasting Gaze which sets-up enemies for forever status-effect. The backup weapon should be either something with bonus damage to already burning (whatever the name is of 20% to burning and igniting 4th target), or Sweet Dreams to defend myself as I have a decent roll one.

Does Skill Haste increase the speed of skill-ammo restore? Edit: It does
Yeah, Perfect Glass Cannon is better for skills like the Sniper Turret, which built right can wreck on Heroic.

That said, check out widdz' channel. He's been talking a lot recently about how Crowd Control builds are VERY strong in Legendary and shouldn't be dismissed. I don't think he went with flames, but I actually don't remember. Also Nothingbutskillz has a Mortar/seeker build that can wreck four person legendaries too. Might be fun to look into...
Welp...

The burn-status build might be fun, but not when I can peak at almost 4m headshots with M1A. At this point, using an offensive skill-build is just not efficient. I am going to try different skills, but so far, not impressed. Reached around 350k burn damage.
• Low damage
• Range limitations
• Slow targeting
• Bad against bosses
• Bad against robots
• Bad against static objects like turrets
• Bad against spread-out enemies

Also, Dragon Holster is not very good. It is a defensive item when you get flanked, but in most cases, you shouldn't be within 20m of an enemy. I am losing 10% Status Damage (From Yellow Golan? set) and currently another attribute for the fairly weak passive. Status Damage is rolled max on it, and average explosive resistance. Maybe if you only trade Passive for Gear-brand effect it is worth it for PVE, but even then, doubt it.
The M1A shield build outclasses every build in terms of efficiency for sure. That said, people have been running Legendaries with full healers, full shield tanks, crowd control and LMG, all with success. Not as FAST success, but still success. It's kind of like how TU7 you could play all content with most decent builds but the quickest way to farm was the 630k seeker builds. They just crushed the time to completes of all builds for solo or groups.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Perfect Glass Cannon is better for skills like the Sniper Turret, which built right can wreck on Heroic.

That said, check out widdz' channel. He's been talking a lot recently about how Crowd Control builds are VERY strong in Legendary and shouldn't be dismissed. I don't think he went with flames, but I actually don't remember. Also Nothingbutskillz has a Mortar/seeker build that can wreck four person legendaries too. Might be fun to look into...

The M1A shield build outclasses every build in terms of efficiency for sure. That said, people have been running Legendaries with full healers, full shield tanks, crowd control and LMG, all with success. Not as FAST success, but still success. It's kind of like how TU7 you could play all content with most decent builds but the quickest way to farm was the 630k seeker builds. They just crushed the time to completes of all builds for solo or groups.

I wish there was a fast-way to link build and open it in-game. Basically, importing-exporting builds like decks in card-games.

Right now, the UI management sucks a ton of fun out of slapping some kind of build together from the internet.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blew through missions on Heroic with my friend today, really proud of us. Neither using an M1A build, hah.

Giving up my 20% pistol damage from Douglas and Harding to get that 4-piece True Patriot bonus is painful, but necessary.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I wish there was a fast-way to link build and open it in-game. Basically, importing-exporting builds like decks in card-games.

Right now, the UI management sucks a ton of fun out of slapping some kind of build together from the internet.
It'd be nice, yeah, if there ways to import builds or identify gear you are looking for. Usually what I do is just make a build In a new slot, get it as close as I can, but dye the pieces that are lacking something noticeable like full pink. That way I know what builds are close and what are only missing a piece or two. Also keep an open Note on my phone that identifies things I'm looking for in each slot. Anytime I see gear that's rolled well, I plug it into a build.

That said, just took a look at Widdz' crowd control build and it looks very easy to put together. He has different brands that can be on any slot, a holster that can be crafted and says outright that even with having neither talent he wanted, it still makes Legendaries in a group so much easier. Even talks about how you could drop a brand bonus or two and still be strong.

Looks like one that could be farmed, non-optimally, very quickly, and still do a lot of work for the team as you try to replace gear.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at some of the requirements for the secret Hunter spawns has me shaking my head.

I know development is a complex beast and a person in one department isn't equal in getting stuff fixed or done compared to someone in a different department skill wise, but I can't help but look at that shit and wonder who was responsible for deciding that was worth the programming and testing of all these complex spawn conditions while basic shit like gear sets not working continue to go unfixed or deemed acceptable to ship. A producer or director literally made that choice. Meanwhile, I can't do any targeted loot in NY because the overworld can't reset. Something people have been complaining about for months.

Thank God they fix people getting too many apparel caches with emergency maintenance within 48 hours though. Can't have players getting too many textiles that are useless to buy anything worth having from the shop

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at some of the requirements for the secret Hunter spawns has me shaking my head.

You have to ask the question, why are there no hunters across the normal game. All of them are eastern-eggs summons at this point. Instead of just one, you could have two invaders. Sometimes rogue agents with their gadgets, sometimes hunters with their disables.

They made that enemy type, including all of their abilities, and then never used rogue agents or hunters as the actual bosses, instead recycling the same enemies as named bosses. Perhaps we could even have higher difficulty having more bosses, like Division 1 had 4 rogue agents during the skyscraper mission.

I would like to know why highly specialized, unique enemies are eastern-eggs, and why the same enemies with mega-sponge health are the actual main bosses.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Never mind found it.

Sub question is there any site that tracks the targeted loot by day so you don't have to flip through the map?

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Tried my first legendary mission today (Rosevelt) and lol. How the hell is that possible? I have 1.5 million armor and get roasted by a million skills and grenade launchers. I take it that its not possible solo? Even matchmaked and couldnt get past the opening checkpoint without everyones revive hive going off.

Must need a solid group to get through it. Big Horn will remain unattained forever i think for me. Not even with the damage exploit could I do it I'd think.

RNG has been pretty decent to me (rolls aside) and I have pretty much every exotic in the game minus maybe 3. I just collect them, rarely use them, minus the Bullet King which is just a fun as hell gun to use.

I have put 210 hours into this game and surely my most played game ever. Maybe San Andreas is up there. I hope they expand it forever. With all the bugs i would still buy division 3 or another expansion tomorrow. Just love the gameplay and environment when it works.