• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mango Polo

Nov 2, 2017
Decided to buy the expansion and jump back in. I stopped playing at launch after reaching WT2.

It's... kinda overwhelming. I unlocked the Gunner spec and I'm slowly making my way through the content for higher world tiers at random, but is there anything I should be aware of? Like is the recalibration library worthless at this point because of level 40?

Oct 27, 2017
Outcast cache - Pestilence
Polarity cache - Merciless

Had both before, but both of them were 50%-ish rolls, so I guess in the end, decent rewards. Now how do I get max'ed Lady Death and Bullet King...

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Decided to buy the expansion and jump back in. I stopped playing at launch after reaching WT2.

It's... kinda overwhelming. I unlocked the Gunner spec and I'm slowly making my way through the content for higher world tiers at random, but is there anything I should be aware of? Like is the recalibration library worthless at this point because of level 40?

Is not worthless.. any item 30+ should have talents that you can save in the library.

The atributes should be worthless because the level 40 items will have much higher stats.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
This really only applies to the craftable ones like Liberty, Chatterbox, Nemesis and dodge city holster. And even if you do have one you can still find them as random world drops, it's just guaranteed that you'll get one if you go through the crafting path.
whoops, already deleted everything

you're saying you can have a pestilence equipped and see multiple drop?

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Got Sawyer's knee pads w/ the Polarity Exotic (almost god rolled). Was new, so i'll take it, but holy shit this event was rage inducing. Even running on lower difficulties was painful.

I swear there were points where my gun should've changes polarity via reload or swap and they did not.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Got Sawyer's knee pads w/ the Polarity Exotic (almost god rolled). Was new, so i'll take it, but holy shit this event was rage inducing. Even running on lower difficulties was painful.

I swear there were points where my gun should've changes polarity via reload or swap and they did not.

I've just ignored the polarity event this week, precisely because I've read that it's awful and annoying. Not worth it for an exotic and a backpack tchotchke.

The exotic I got for the League event was yet another Merciless, albeit a god-rolled one.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
1. did the manhunt reward an exotic? can i still get rewards for doing it?
2. the time trial challenges, i don't think i'll be at 60 this week, will i have another chance next week to get to 60? (0 pts week1, 4? points week2, can probably get 43 pts this week)

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
1. did the manhunt reward an exotic? can i still get rewards for doing it?
2. the time trial challenges, i don't think i'll be at 60 this week, will i have another chance next week to get to 60? (0 pts week1, 4? points week2, can probably get 43 pts this week)

I don't remember if I got a exotic cache from the manhunt but in the League Time trials and in the Polarity event I got 1 exotic cache on each.

You need to check the timers in game to know if you can still make it to the exotic cache reward.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
49703010731_c18dc85873_k.jpg

Oct 27, 2017

I found that weapon's polarity changed at the start of LMG reload, and if you cancelled to swap to another weapon, it switched again on what was supposed to be LMG reload finish.

Yellow -> Reload start Blue -> Cancel reload to switch weapon yellow -> Second later blue again

So reload discipline (if you started, you finish) was needed.

Oct 30, 2017
Is anyone else experiencing a bug where either the revive hive won't work when you're downed or when you or a teammate are downed, it's impossible to revive them?

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I found that weapon's polarity changed at the start of LMG reload, and if you cancelled to swap to another weapon, it switched again on what was supposed to be LMG reload finish.

Yellow -> Reload start Blue -> Cancel reload to switch weapon yellow -> Second later blue again

So reload discipline (if you started, you finish) was needed.

Yeah that seems like it. I tried to keep track in my head, but there were times I still got stunned and didn't know wtf happened. Had to slow everything down

Is anyone else experiencing a bug where either the revive hive won't work when you're downed or when you or a teammate are downed, it's impossible to revive them?

Yupj. It's been there for a couple weeks. Only solution I've found is having another team use a revive hive on them.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
It's so disheartening that all the devs seem to care about at this point is squashing down any damage glitch that pops up. Can't reset control points? Too bad, gotta fix a damage glitch. Revive glitch? Too bad, people are farming legendary and getting slightly better loot than they're supposed to because of a damage glitch so gotta fix that. Gear sets don't work? Well, new damage glitch to fix so too bad. I've definitely been a victim of the damage glitch in the dark zone so I get that it's not just PVE players that use it but still, their priorities suck.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
For the polarity event the easiest way y to use 2 LMG's and swap all the time to kill each color.

With the gunner Spec you have 150 bullets.. like that I did a Heroic CP level 4 and finished it on the 1st try with Polarity on.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Polarity event is easy if the only weapon you use is Liberty. Instant reloads!

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm at a point where if the suicide guys' flames didn't destroy the revive hive and if fire/bleed bullets did less damage from single bullets from an LMG/SMG, I'd be pretty happy with the current balance of the game. 99% of my deaths are due to a bad spawn from a suicider or getting hit with a bleed bullet from across the map. Otherwise it all feels really good to me.

Polarity event is easy if the only weapon you use is Liberty. Instant reloads!
I've been running the two M1A set up, and just swapping between them. It's ridiculously powerful too. Feels like slightly easier normal heroic, but then the bosses drop so quickly it's laughable.

It's so disheartening that all the devs seem to care about at this point is squashing down any damage glitch that pops up. Can't reset control points? Too bad, gotta fix a damage glitch. Revive glitch? Too bad, people are farming legendary and getting slightly better loot than they're supposed to because of a damage glitch so gotta fix that. Gear sets don't work? Well, new damage glitch to fix so too bad. I've definitely been a victim of the damage glitch in the dark zone so I get that it's not just PVE players that use it but still, their priorities suck.
I think their priority makes sense - the damage glitch really compromises their entire endgame system. People on streams have grinded 500 SHD levels in a day by just running Legendary with all directives on over and over, one shotting every enemy with ridiculous run times, and also clearing the raid over and over. People are owning the Dark Zone, gearing up at a rate that shouldn't be possible with it. It's a glitch that ruins the PVE progression and PVP experience that they've designed entirely.

I know it can seem that way, with certain fixes not coming in, but keep in mind that some glitches are more complicated to fix than others, and everything is going to be a bit slower since they are working from home. The Revive Hive glitch is something that's followed them through much of Div 2's life so far, so it's clearly something pretty wonky that they struggle with. The Control Point reset I believe they said is coming soon, but that it's something that needs to be fixed with a patch, not a simple maintenance. Hard Wired is, I believe, officially fixed via the last patch.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while since we've had a fashion show, let's see your post-civilization chic!

Doom punk.

jTiLJM.jpg

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Some helpful tips for today:
1 - re: kill 50 polarized enemies without being shocked - not that it's that tough to begin with, but if you need to, just go into the firing range at the Base and kill 50 enemies. They all count.
2 - re: kill polarized enemies with melee, you can do it with anything, but also, Sweet Dreams means a one hit melee kill.
3 - Do Roosevelt Island on hard or challenging (or heroic if you can). You'll knock out the Challenges for 50 positive outcast kills, completing a Stronghold on hard or above and likely some more in your backlog.

It's been a while since we've had a fashion show, let's see your post-civilization chic!
Doom punk.
jTiLJM.jpg
Love it. I'll try and post a bunch by tomorrow. I have a lot of generic Swat team looking loadouts, the Margaritaville special (hawaiian shirt, white pants, rainbow gear) and a couple of army ones that range from generic to Star Wars looking.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Some helpful tips for today:
1 - re: kill 50 polarized enemies without being shocked - not that it's that tough to begin with, but if you need to, just go into the firing range at the Base and kill 50 enemies. They all count.
2 - re: kill polarized enemies with melee, you can do it with anything, but also, Sweet Dreams means a one hit melee kill.
3 - Do Roosevelt Island on hard or challenging (or heroic if you can). You'll knock out the Challenges for 50 positive outcast kills, completing a Stronghold on hard or above and likely some more in your backlog.

Love it. I'll try and post a bunch by tomorrow. I have a lot of generic Swat team looking loadouts, the Margaritaville special (hawaiian shirt, white pants, rainbow gear) and a couple of army ones that range from generic to Star Wars looking.
Please do! There are quite a few nice pieces of gear now, curious to see how people have put them all together.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Here's the ones I mostly use (looks like I had already uploaded them). But I'll post some of the more out there ones tomorrow.
Generic Army Dude:
t9XeCTW.png

Shawnaritaville:
yDjnuSf.png

SWAT (see this outfit everywhere, but with either black or white dyes, so pretty generic, hah).
5iOAc7I.png

Please do! There are quite a few nice pieces of gear now, curious to see how people have put them all together.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the ones I mostly use (looks like I had already uploaded them). But I'll post some of the more out there ones tomorrow.
Generic Army Dude:
t9XeCTW.png

Shawnaritaville:
yDjnuSf.png

SWAT (see this outfit everywhere, but with either black or white dyes, so pretty generic, hah).
5iOAc7I.png
I really like how you made that shirt work.

Bottom one is more obvious, but I like the choice of colour.

Ethical Hedonism

Permanent ban for creating alt account to troll.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The concept of the vent is fine, but the mechanics are badly designed, imo. Having to switch weapons/reload to switch polarity just feels clunky to me. It would have been cooler, imo, to somehow have a key you could press to just switch the polarity.
Yes my feelings exactly thanks, I like the concept of the event and it even is kinda fun and compelling once you got the hang of it, but it should've been more like Ikaruga on the player side. Easier to switch polarities.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
JQJmSL4.png

Done and dusted with all the rewards. Not gonna bother doing the remaining challenges, lol. Fuck that.

As for my CC build:
w6eijeC.png

All I need now is a Golan Holster, an Alps glove and my CC build is complete

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
JQJmSL4.png

Done and dusted with all the rewards. Not gonna bother doing the remaining challenges, lol. Fuck that.

As for my CC build:
w6eijeC.png

All I need now is a Golan Holster, an Alps glove and my CC build is complete
Right on! Love seeing more non DPS builds.

I've got a similar secondary build going, but dropped 3 piece Wyvern for 3 piece China Light (with Golan mask (hard to farm for, since it doesn't roll with Skill Tier, I don't think), Hana U and Acosta's Bag). Every stat as Skill Tier, Skill Haste (prioritized to be maxed) and Status Effects, with Skill Haste mods. Using the Blinder Firefly and the EMP Jammer Pulse. It's nuts how long enemies are staggered for. You Firefly them for 20-ish seconds and the cooldown, not min-maxed from SHD tech levels, is like 21 seconds. So basically no downtime. Completely different than any build I've played.

Oct 25, 2017
What in the world do I do with all of this excessive crafting mats? Should I be crafting something/anything. All mats are maxed out and I have like 12 caches to open plus all the stuff from SHD watch.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Crafting RNG is so bullshit... 150+ Savage Wolverine crafts, and 90% of them have had all attributes under 50%. Only 3 have had a single max attribute, yet to see one with two...

I will not stop, for science!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
What in the world do I do with all of this excessive crafting mats? Should I be crafting something/anything. All mats are maxed out and I have like 12 caches to open plus all the stuff from SHD watch.

You may as well burn 25% of them if you have a blueprint of something you actually use.

Make a new loadout/set out of well rolled pieces you have hopefully been collecting in your stash and try a new playstyle. That alone will blow through a quarter or more of your recall mats as you fine tune.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have all the named stuff unlocked via the Specialization Field Research? (some of these are pretty good)
Maybe also work through CP and unlock some more BPs?

So far my luck with crafting has been... not great, but I have managed to craft a few pieces here and there with better stats than I had. And you may as well be doing it as you go, as you'll just be sitting at max wasting all the new resources you find if you don't.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, that's 2 more RNG exotics in two days!

jTkIp5.jpg

jTkrIT.jpg

Not bad, happy with the max armour Tardigrade!

jTkZFz.jpg

Got this from the GE cache, 1% off god roll... >.<

Bounty Hunter
NBf29DCl.png

Alright, I ended up just uploading over lunch hour, hah...
Love the Star Wars feel!

Guys, holy shit!

eg2iRHI.png

Got it from a matchmade 4-man heroic Lincoln :D
Ha! I literally just got this farming global event stuff on challenging LM. Almost the same stats as yours, max armour!

Feels good.

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm going through Warlords for the first time and is there a way to reveal all SHD cache locations like in DC (need 'em for the Projects)? Or do I just have to walk close enough to them to make them appear locally?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017

I got a second pair of BTSU Datagloves, all yellow god rolls. I'm actually pretty happy with that even though I only have four Exotics, and the very first one was BTSU Datagloves (with an already pretty decent roll of the exact same attributes). Oh well.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed my Liberty has max rolls, but only 360k damage. Should I farm a D50 again and breakdown the Liberty to craft another one, or do I need to craft more? Or is the damage "fine"?

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed my Liberty has max rolls, but only 360k damage. Should I farm a D50 again and breakdown the Liberty to craft another one, or do I need to craft more? Or is the damage "fine"?

Damage is static. It will be the same no matter how many you farm. It's not something that can be rerolled. You just gotta build into pistol damage

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I get more damage on this thing then?

Bear in mind 360k damage stat means around 400k bodyshots and 800k+ headshots, which is enough to blow through even heroic, but to maximize damage:

-One piece of Douglas and Harding for a 20% pistol bonus
-More damage cores of course [I use 0 and have 355k on my Liberty, so with it you should do much more]
-Specialization Pistol Damage talents for another 15%

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Bear in mind 360k damage stat means around 400k bodyshots and 800k+ headshots, which is enough to blow through even heroic, but to maximize damage:

-More damage cores of course [I use 0 and have 355k on my Liberty, so with it you should do much more]
Ah nevermind then, I understood you wrong. Because this was on a skill build it was so low damage wise, got it! Thanks.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Finally went out and farmed Liberty. How should I be using this gun? I've seen folks having great success with it on shield builds. In that case, would I be focusing around skill efficiency and pistol damage bonuses, or is there some kind of other secret trick to making the Liberty the godlike hand cannon I've been lead to believe it was?

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017

There's also a named wyvern wear holster (claws out) that gives 22% pistol damage and 200% melee damage. It's pretty nice for a shield build.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
Ended up doing the global event to get the exotic cache and got a god rolled Liberty - not that you ever use your pistol but cool :-)