• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the season's battle pass. Ain't gonna lie, the patch at final level looks pretty fucking cool.

You know, for a 3 month season, the battlepass just goes way too fast.

I'm not saying they should slow down the progression. Perhaps they could make the rewards in the free track more worthwhile
It'd be cool if it reset after 100.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the season's battle pass. Ain't gonna lie, the patch at final level looks pretty fucking cool.

You know, for a 3 month season, the battlepass just goes way too fast.

I'm not saying they should slow down the progression. Perhaps they could make the rewards in the free track more worthwhile
I like that level 100 is attainable with a few hours a week of play. I think they should keep it this way. We are all mostly at home so it seems fast but when life starts up again most people don't have time to max out the season rewards. I've played easily 50 hours the past two weeks and am still at level 80 in seasons.

Make better rewards sure. I would probably not buy another seasons pass to be honest as it stands.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Hmm....ok thanks. Thought week 2 started today. Didn't look like I would be able to get the notable rewards in that timeframe.
I think week 1 ends late tonight, so even just a bit of Progress this week could lead to some good results for next week. If you wanted to split it perfectly, I think you need 27 stages this week and 27 starting tomorrow to get the Exotic Cache (the best reward on the track). But of course, if you don't hit 27 this week, you could get all stages next. Hope you get some decent rewards either way!

Oct 27, 2017
I am up for the raid:
• Playing the regular way
• Bringing extra umpf to kill all of our problems (Don't hate the player, hate the game?) Edit: No longer an option

I can play all red glass cannon M1A.
I have the Patriot tank armor, so I can play shield frontline with Sweet Dreams/M1A.
Maybe the raid needs some kind of EMP skill pulse since it is military?

Is there a simple chart somewhere showing how weapon damage stacks: which stats are additive, which multiplicative etc.?
Missing out on that Fox's kneepads opened my eyes that it is just like Division 1: still not intuitive how all damage values stack up together.

Last edited:

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly considering I have 0 damage cores 900k headshots with Liberty are obscene. This pistol is so damn good.

Oct 27, 2017
The new event UI is buggy, had to reset the game to remove empty tutorial box which was blocking any input.

I am thinking going Patriot with exotic Chest. The 2s -> 1.5s talent on the Patriot chest is useless in the current high-health environment. Bringing double-shield to myself and allies is by far the better utility. Then some extra yellow item in the slow where my Patriot rolls are weakest, probably Fox Kneepads? :)

Or should I equip differently?

Another Exotic cache up for grabs. Are we back to one-exotic week rewards just like it was in D1? Except this time, not the fucking Bliss Holster but the potentially max-roll weapon.

Oct 27, 2017
Cannot keep Fox knees, I need all 6-Armor to get the skill-tier 6 on shield.

I see there is a build with named Chest, and named Holster. Both give very impressive shield bonuses. I have the "Forge" holster, but no Patriot Knees, so I have to keep Patriot holster for now.

How does Hazard Protection/Explosive work with shield? Does the shield get less damage or does it only apply to my own barrier/health?

Last edited:

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Cannot keep Fox knees, I need all 6-Armor to get the skill-tier 6 on shield.

I see there is a build with named Chest, and named Holster. Both give very impressive shield bonuses. I have the "Forge" holster, but no Patriot Knees, so I have to keep Patriot holster for now.

How does Hazard Protection/Explosive work with shield? Does the shield get less damage or does it only apply to my own barrier/health?
Best piece for shield is the named gloves "Motherly Love". I think they're only craftable though, you have to do the 2nd tier of the technician field research to get them. The best build I've found for shield in a group is Pointman (named Gila guard chest with perfect vanguard), Motherly Love gloves and the rest true patriot. You'll really be helping your team out with perfect vanguard giving bonus armor to them and true patriot debuffing enemies. Oh, and if you really do want to fit Fox's Prayer in there somewhere remember the Technician gets 1 free skill tier so you can get the shield to tier 6 with a red piece in your build. I'd honestly always recommend technician for a shield build anyways since artificer hive is really good for it.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Best piece for shield is the named gloves "Motherly Love". I think they're only craftable though, you have to do the 2nd tier of the technician field research to get them. The best build I've found for shield in a group is Pointman (named Gila guard chest with perfect vanguard), Motherly Love gloves and the rest true patriot. You'll really be helping your team out with perfect vanguard giving bonus armor to them and true patriot debuffing enemies.

Crafted a few of those gloves, none are super good stats. All of them come with skill tier so far, so the attribute is pretty much not up for rerolling.
+ The mountain bonus is not very good. Not repairing anything, so it is quite wasted, right?
The holster "Forge" look quite crappy. Am I missing something? Why would this holster with +10% Shield Health exist when the gloves with +20% to all skills?

The chest, on the other hand, is probably better than Exotic one. The game is such a troll, I have 3 Exotic chests all with interchangable rolls... Around 70% graphcs on attributes.

Oct 27, 2017
As shawnoftheshred said, you can solo pretty much everything. I play 80% solo and there's tonnes to do.

Highly recommend it.

Developer Note: We still intend Heroic and Legendary to be very challenging. Therefore, we are increasing the base difficulty to account for the health reductions for co-op scaling. Compared to now this means Heroic and Legendary will be a bit harder for solo players and 2-player groups, 3-player difficulty will stay roughly the same, and 4-player difficulty will be easier.

Comrade, everyone must suffer equally!

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My brother and I just started playing the base game this week and have been really enjoying it. Is there any advantage to buying the expansion now or should we just wait to finish the main game? Any other add-ons like yearly passes we should get?

Oct 27, 2017
My brother and I just started playing the base game this week and have been really enjoying it. Is there any advantage to buying the expansion now or should we just wait to finish the main game? Any other add-ons like yearly passes we should get?

If you don't enjoy the story, you can get the Expansion for the level-boost.

If you decide that you want to play further after the main-quest playthrough until the cinematic, get the Expansion and activate the pass then. The gap between end of main-quest to Level-30 end-game is definitely not worth playing. Pop the Expansion, waltz straight to NY. You level up in NY, and then it is worth doing what you skipped.

May 10, 2019
Heads up, today's Targeted Loot has a great mission to farm: Lincoln Memorial (if you can do it on Heroic, do it on Heroic).
First, it's Petrov, so you have a chance to get Contractor's Gloves (the best in slot gloves at the moment).
Second, it's True Sons, so you have a chance to drop Tardigrade Exotic.
Third, it's a pretty quick mission.
Fourth, it's got loads of bosses at the end, so ups chances for everything.
And last but not least, it's got three Faction boxes in the mission or just outside of the mission, so chance to get your Acosta's Bag too.

My first run I got both Acosta's Bag (great rolls) and a 85% there Contractor's Gloves. Hoping to run it a few more times to get that Tardigrade...

Seen your post and jumped in for solo farming and the f'ng RNG did not smile on me at all. The only few items I got were high end that let me boost 3 areas in the recal library and that was it.

After the 2 hour mark I said screw it and went for the The Tombs for bullet king and it dropped on my first play through. Talk about a completely frustrating 2 hours and then an hour of joy.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Crafted a few of those gloves, none are super good stats. All of them come with skill tier so far, so the attribute is pretty much not up for rerolling.
+ The mountain bonus is not very good. Not repairing anything, so it is quite wasted, right?
The holster "Forge" look quite crappy. Am I missing something? Why would this holster with +10% Shield Health exist when the gloves with +20% to all skills?

The chest, on the other hand, is probably better than Exotic one. The game is such a troll, I have 3 Exotic chests all with interchangable rolls... Around 70% graphcs on attributes.
If you have artificer hive you can repair your shield so skill repair isn't bad. Artificer hive plus the 5 second invulnerability from vanguard really boosts shield uptime. The great thing about artificer hive too is that you don't even have to deploy it for it to work. You'll get a periodic shield repair just by having it equipped

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Seen your post and jumped in for solo farming and the f'ng RNG did not smile on me at all. The only few items I got were high end that let me boost 3 areas in the recal library and that was it.

After the 2 hour mark I said screw it and went for the The Tombs for bullet king and it dropped on my first play through. Talk about a completely frustrating 2 hours and then an hour of joy.
Tis the nature of RNG, sadly!

Oct 30, 2017
Okay, so stupid question: does weapon damage stack across gear? If I theoretically applied 15% weapon damage across all my gear, does that mean a 90% increase over base damage? Not including all the other gun-specific % increases. I'm really gunning (heh) for a solid DPS build so I want to make sure I'm not wasting time farming gear that won't provide much improvement.

Also, is it better to have critical hit chance or critical hit damage? Damage would make sense in a DPS build, but I imagine a higher crit chance would be a more reliable attribute. Especially if I'm running with fairly inaccurate weapons (SMG/LMG). Am I answering my own questions?

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so stupid question: does weapon damage stack across gear? If I theoretically applied 15% weapon damage across all my gear, does that mean a 90% increase over base damage? Not including all the other gun-specific % increases. I'm really gunning (heh) for a solid DPS build so I want to make sure I'm not wasting time farming gear that won't provide much improvement.

Also, is it better to have critical hit chance or critical hit damage? Damage would make sense in a DPS build, but I imagine a higher crit chance would be a more reliable attribute. Especially if I'm running with fairly inaccurate weapons (SMG/LMG). Am I answering my own questions?

i think....Wizz puts damage calculations in his build videos that helps out. someone can probably link here. I prefer crit% over damage, but with Coyote mask it's pretty easy to hit the 60% cap

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
New global event eh, cool - will give that a go later.

UI is again confusing on the leagues as it says 50 odd to get exotic cache almost like it hasn't counted the first week. Pretty sure it has counted them as it says (to me anyway) 4 more levels to get next reward and my next reward is the exotic cache.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The balance changes are coming quicker than expected. Getting a patch TONIGHT.
TONIGHT'S PATCH NOTES

Hilariously, check Solid DPS on Youtube. His two build videos for TU8 run down the difference between attributes that add to base damage and those that are multiplicative (amplify the damage you have from all sources).

For Crit Chance/Crit Damage, I'd say always aim for 55-60% Crit Chance(you can get from SHD levels, mods on weapons, mods on gear, brand bonuses and attributes) before investing heavily in damage. Most builds aim for 60% chance and then over 100 crit damage.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
New global event eh, cool - will give that a go later.

UI is again confusing on the leagues as it says 50 odd to get exotic cache almost like it hasn't counted the first week. Pretty sure it has counted them as it says (to me anyway) 4 more levels to get next reward and my next reward is the exotic cache.
A dev said it's a UI thing. It hasn't reset, you still have your ranks from the previous week.

Oct 30, 2017
TONIGHT'S PATCH NOTES

Hilariously, check Solid DPS on Youtube. His two build videos for TU8 run down the difference between attributes that add to base damage and those that are multiplicative (amplify the damage you have from all sources).

For Crit Chance/Crit Damage, I'd say always aim for 55-60% Crit Chance(you can get from SHD levels, mods on weapons, mods on gear, brand bonuses and attributes) before investing heavily in damage. Most builds aim for 60% chance and then over 100 crit damage.
While the decreases in enemy damage output is appreciated, I would still like the enemy flamethrower distance to be reduced. And to not burn through cover. Maybe that's too big for a patch like this.

Also, thanks so much for the information. You've been a great resource.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Quickly checked in on Global Event, this is decently fun stuff!

edit: Just read that apparently the damage exploit is fixed. It can still show you high numbers in your UI but you won't actually do that damage anymore

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Quickly checked in on Global Event, this is decently fun stuff!

The novelty quickly wore off, and what is left is an additive difficulty at almost no gain, the buff isn't enough. The exotic cache for teh challenges, on the other hand, is.

• Enemies changing polarity when someone melees
• Getting shocked when multiple enemies attack my shield? Definitely being shocked when just blocking damage sometimes.

I don't know. It could have been more fun, the melee-ing is terrible for the group play because other agents, who are shooting, will be shocked when someone melees...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The event is pretty fun, imo. I appreciate the extra layer of challenge in solo, and if aside from having to do a mission here or there you can choose where to go to complete it.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
A dev said it's a UI thing. It hasn't reset, you still have your ranks from the previous week.

So, am I still half way to the cache if I got to 28/60 stages last night? I'm really confused about this whole thing. When I checked today it looks like I have to start from scratch again.

Oct 27, 2017
TONIGHT'S PATCH NOTES

Where does it say tonight? Still says tomorrow for me

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
While the decreases in enemy damage output is appreciated, I would still like the enemy flamethrower distance to be reduced. And to not burn through cover. Maybe that's too big for a patch like this.

Also, thanks so much for the information. You've been a great resource.
Happy to help - Division and Division 2 are my most played games of the generation, so just happy to help anyone who is into it. For the flamethrower, we'll have to see if the decreasing enemy damage significantly brings down flame damage too, or if decreasing their health pools makes a significant change to the weak spots too to a point where they are less frustrating on higher difficulties.
The event is pretty fun, imo. I appreciate the extra layer of challenge in solo, and if aside from having to do a mission here or there you can choose where to go to complete it.
I've been enjoying it okay, but my two biggest complaints are:
1 - I expected the damage bonus to be more significant. I guess when the M1A is 2-5 tapping most enemies, there's not that much room for big time to kill changes, but my hope was that if you got the combo kills going, it'd be a one-tapper kind of deal.
2 - I find the event amplifies the most frustrating enemies. Suicide bombers, saw RC cars, the knife throwers, the SMG rushers, etc. If you get flanked or get a bad spawn, that reaction time you'd normally have is nil if they happen to spawn the wrong colour. Not a huge deal, just feel like it's an unfortunate first global event, because all of the worst enemies are even worse to deal with. But we'll see if the balance patch tones down some of the minor frustrations.
So, am I still half way to the cache if I got to 28/60 stages last night? I'm really confused about this whole thing. When I checked today it looks like I have to start from scratch again.
Yup, can confirm - I unlocked the cache before the exotic one this morning by just killing a bunch of True Sons (or whatever the faction is, hah).
Am I missing it or is there no way to see your overall status chance in Stats?
What do you mean by overall status chance?

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Ongoing directive adds +15% Status Effects, Golan Gear adds +10%. I assumed that was the chance of proccing a status effect? Perhaps it isn't. Either way its aggregate doesnt appear to be shown anywhere.

From my understanding, Status Effects affects the duration of a status effect against an enemy.

For example, if you use bleed or fire or even the foam chem launcher, they'll last longer the more status effect you have

Oct 27, 2017
This, and every other, event would be so much more enjoyable if the entire group got the credit for killing enemies. Sure, you might have to balance giving fractions of the kill per person, but at the very least, healers/tanks could progress. Perhaps the person who makes the kill gets 100%, while the party members get 50%.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
For those playing with shield/Rifle build and with Polarity Switch on, playing with two M1As allow you to swap weapons, which is faster than reloading. You can even ditch the scopes/focus talent and run Gunslinger, since you're already getting crazy damage.
Ongoing directive adds +15% Status Effects, Golan Gear adds +10%. I assumed that was the chance of proccing a status effect? Perhaps it isn't. Either way its aggregate doesnt appear to be shown anywhere.
% Status Effects isn't about the percentage chance that they are affected by it (they will be affected by it unless you are talking about a specific piece of gear that says 50% chance to inflict...), it's more about the bleed/burn/shock etc. being enhanced in duration and damage over time. Skill Damage would affect a seeker mine's initial damage. Status Effect would affect the bleed that it causes after it explodes, both how much the ticks are doing and how long they last.

You can always look at your Character, then scroll over to stats, then scroll down to individual skills. Each should show the stats for your character (with no talents proc'd) on things like Cooldown, damage, radius, etc. Weirdly, I don't think it shows bleed/shock/burn stats, so those you'll just have to test in the range or open world.

EDIT: Actually looks like status effect ALSO affects the initial damage of the skill too. So, basically, it's like weapon handling. 10% weapon handling doesn't mean 10% stability, 10% accuracy, 10% reload speed, etc. It means an increase to all of those by a smaller amount adding up to 10%. Here's a reddit breakdown:

Last edited:
OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
PPS: If anyone is frustrated by the Global Event, just wear gear that gives you Hazard Protection and wear Shock Resistance mods. If you can get to 84-85% you can't get shocked. What you lose in Crit Chance/DMG by equipping that gear, you make back up with the global event buffs. Not saying it's the way to do this, but pretty funny that you can just ignore the mechanic.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I really don't understand this event. So I'm supposed to shoot opposite polarity for a damage boost but any time I do I get shocked. What am I doing wrong?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I really don't understand this event. So I'm supposed to shoot opposite polarity for a damage boost but any time I do I get shocked. What am I doing wrong?
The opposite - match your colours. If you see an orange enemy, makes sure your arm is orange. A blue enemy, you want your arm blue.
You can switch your polarity by reloading or swapping weapons.
You can switch an enemy's polarity with a melee attack.

Oct 27, 2017
PPS: If anyone is frustrated by the Global Event, just wear gear that gives you Hazard Protection and wear Shock Resistance mods. If you can get to 84-85% you can't get shocked. What you lose in Crit Chance/DMG by equipping that gear, you make back up with the global event buffs. Not saying it's the way to do this, but pretty funny that you can just ignore the mechanic.

I will try that :) Not on the crit-build, but on the tank.

Anyone tried the game with the "other" damage mod? Seems like it is fixed now, but I played a completely different game for a couple of missions.

I think Massive have said that the enemy number cannot be massive, but it would be interesting to have the event with 500% enemy count and 20% enemy health. It would feel like John Wick: dropping bodies everywhere.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or does Potomac fucking suck ass? All the groups I went in people left, left and right. It's insufferable. I don't know how I can get the exotic cache with this being such trash.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or does Potomac fucking suck ass? All the groups I went in people left, left and right. It's insufferable. I don't know how I can get the exotic cache with this being such trash.

Federal Emergency Bunker is the worst for me because of the random shit they throw at you at the end--heavies plus rushers plus other attackers poses a huge problem for me. Potomac I find a lot easier to manage, though I still can't run it as reliably as DCD. I'm running all these solo, though, so hard to say for me how the dynamic changes with groups.