• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is it me or does Potomac fucking suck ass? All the groups I went in people left, left and right. It's insufferable. I don't know how I can get the exotic cache with this being such trash.
Potomac is pretty managable solo heroic (even with the Global Event). The main thing is to always prioritize the suicide bombers. Like every mission, because of scaling, it will tend to be easier solo or as a duo, though the scaling is getting fixed in this evening/tomorrow early morning's patch, so that might change. If you're frustrated, give it a go solo, or wait for tomorrow when it's easier.
Federal Emergency Bunker is the worst for me because of the random shit they throw at you at the end--heavies plus rushers plus other attackers poses a huge problem for me. Potomac I find a lot easier to manage, though I still can't run it as reliably as DCD. I'm running all these solo, though, so hard to say for me how the dynamic changes with groups.
Same. Emergency bunker solo is totally managable for me, but when it's 3-4 players, I get matched with players who consistently draw the aggro of suicide bombers to the other players as they try to escape, or fail to just protect their side. We always make it to the last room no problem, then 4/5 times, I get caught in a loop where everyone on my team dies, use up all of my revive hive charged on them, then they die again as I try to kill the heavy rushers while getting hit by suicide bombers and random enemies. That's a room, unlike others, that really doesn't feel doable solo when you're in 3-4 player scaling.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Just finished my League track at lunch and got a god rolled Pestilence. Could have been better, could have been worse! Now to get the Polarity Switch exotic cache. If it's also a guranteed god rolled exotic, then suddenly the complaints about Exotics dropping with random stats seems less pressing. We'll probably end up with 3-4 god rolled Exotics each season at this rate.

Also, for anyone struggling with the Day 1 Polarity Switch challenge to switch an enemy's polarity 50 times. It's really simple. Switch your difficulty to normal, equip a shield. Fast travel to the white house and head south to take on the named enemy. Clear his minions, run up to him and shield bash him over and over. You might have to retreat to cover 2-3 times to regen your shield, but that one enemy can get you all 50 switches before dying.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Initial thoughts on the polarity event: I'll probably have to knock the global difficulty down to Hard, and no way in hell am I doing any Challenging missions with polarity on. Holy crap it's so much harder than normal.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
TMmaaGJ.png

Skill Damage could be better, but I'll take what I can get.

At least I'm one step closer to my CC build

Oct 27, 2017
Got a Chatterbox from League Exotic Cache. How time consuming is the Exotic Cache from the Global Event and long does the event last?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really do seem to die a lot. Perhaps going less glass canon would be a wise choice. In terms of improving a build to move to harder difficulties is it just a matter of incrementally better rolls and grinding out prestige ranks?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Got a Chatterbox from League Exotic Cache. How time consuming is the Exotic Cache from the Global Event and long does the event last?
Hard to say as we're only on Day 1, and it's impossible to know if the challenges for Day 2, 3 and 4 will be on par time commitment-wise, or if Day 3 challenges will overlap with Day 1 challenges, minimizing the time required. But if they are similar in time commitment, and don't stack on top of each other, I'd say it took me 2-3 hours to complete Day 1's challenges. So about an hour and a half per day (the Global Event is open all week).

Last edited:
OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I really do seem to die a lot. Perhaps going less glass canon would be a wise choice. In terms of improving a build to move to harder difficulties is it just a matter of incrementally better rolls and grinding out prestige ranks?
It all adds up for sure. The main thing is getting a build with all of the rolls you want on it (the talents, first, but also no wasted attributes or mod slots that aren't helping your gameplan (it might not seem like a big deal to have a single skill repair attribute on a DPS build, but if that robs you of 14% Crit Damage, it can be felt). After that, yeah, if you have the right rolls at 80%-ish of a min-max, say a 12% weapon damage mask, that 3% increase won't be huge when you eventually get the god roll. But keep in mind, that 3% gains on something like Weapon Damage or Crit Chance/Damage on all 6 pieces of gear starts getting nuts - that's potentially 18% more weapon damage, 18% more Crit Chance, 18% more Crit Damage, not counting the same boosts on your weapon, or the 10-20% increases you can get on stats through SHD levels, which is basically the equivalent of a free brand talent's worth in each slot.

That said, as it stands, you definitely don' t need min-maxed, optimized builds to take on Heroic solo or with a good team.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Patch Notes - the patch will deployed at:
  • 09:30 AM CET
  • 04:30 AM EDT
  • 1:30 AM PDT.
Patch Notes taken from JokerUnique's Reddit post:

We are still evaluating several changes that are coming in on the server-side and will update this post to reflect any changes.
Gameplay changes
  • Seasonal Manhunt is changed to allow progress at Normal difficulty and above. This will make playing together easier as all players will gain progress no matter what difficulty was set by the group leader.
  • Seasonal Manhunt is receiving a button in the Manhunt UI that allows players to reset the Manhunt to replay it. This allows players to reset the progress specifically and without changing the Global Difficulty.
  • This also means changing the Global Difficulty will not reset the Seasonal Manhunt and players are required to reset it via the Seasonal Manhunt UI.
  • Coyote's Mask will drop from Coyote with an increased drop chance on higher difficulties.
  • We are also looking into providing the Mask for players that have not received them even though they reached Season Rank 35.
  • Increasing the reward quality for the following Open World Activities to be in line with other activities: Public Execution, Settlement Blockade and Propaganda Broadcast.
  • Reward caches from Conflict matches at maximum level are now of High-End quality.
Balancing changes:
Developer Note:
The game was tuned in a way that playing the exact same enemy composition at higher difficulties and higher player counts would match to the expected gear of that difficulty and extra players added. However, since the game also adds more Elites and Veterans to accommodate higher difficulty and player counts, this caused tuning to overcompensate health and damage higher than intended. We are thus lowering many of these values.
  • Reduce NPC Damage output for all difficulties.
  • This applies to all NPCs and activities and enemies will do less damage to players compared to their current damage output.
  • Reduce NPC Health and Amor for group scaling.
  • Enemy Health and Armor scaling for 2-, 3- and 4-player groups based on Veterancy.
  • This means Red, Veteran, Elite and Named enemies will have their Health and Armor reduced compared to their current values.
  • Additionally, we are adjusting Health and Armor based on activity difficulty.
  • This applies to Hard and Challenging difficulties where enemies will have lower Health and Armor compared to their current values.
  • An exception are Heroic and Legendary difficulty enemies which will have their Health and Armor increased to compensate for the group scaling reductions to their values.
Developer Note: We still intend Heroic and Legendary to be very challenging. Therefore, we are increasing the base difficulty to account for the health reductions for co-op scaling. Compared to now this means Heroic and Legendary will be a bit harder for solo players and 2-player groups, 3-player difficulty will stay roughly the same, and 4-player difficulty will be easier.

Black Tusk Changes
  • Black Tusk specific adjustments which went live earlier last week
  • Reduced the health of Warhounds.
  • Reduced damage of Warhound Sniper.
  • Reduced the damage of the 360 spin of Warhound minigun.
  • Increased the intention icon duration of the 360 spin from Warhound Minigun to give players more time to react.
  • Reduced weak point health of Warhound Grenadier's Control Unit.
  • Support Station
  • Reduced Base Health of Support Station.
  • Adjusted health scaling of Support Station with Veterancies.
  • Increased likelihood of Support Stations being deployed in the open (away from cover).
  • EMP effects will now damage the Support Station.
Lvl 30 WT1-WT5 Content
  • NPC Damage, Health and Armor will receive additional reductions.
Developer Note: Pre-Warlords of New York content has lower maximum values to weapon damage, skill damage, and armor (etc.) than level 31+ content so difficulty is now tuned separately for pre-expansion world tier content.

PvP Balance Changes:
  • All PvP weapon damage: - 20%
  • PvP Rifles: an additional -10%
  • PvP MMRs: an additional -10%
Skills
  • Cluster Seeker Mine:
  • Reduced distance to bull charge from 12m to 10m.
  • Reduced distance from end to explode from 6m to 4m.
Developer Note: These changes should make the Cluster Seeker Mine feel a bit more responsive.

Bug fixes
  • Fixed missing dialogue localization for Brazilian Portuguese on Stadia.
  • Fixed an issue causing developer UI elements being visible in the Language and Settings menu.
  • Implemented improvements for data streaming issues on PlayStation 4.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause in-game settings to reset after a player respawns.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Seasonal Manhunt progress to reset when changing Directives.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Apparel Event Urban Jungle schedule to not show correctly in-game.
  • Fixed an issue causing Target Intel to be delivered to the mailbox. This was now removed as Target Intel is no longer used in the game.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Sticky Bomb to not do damage under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed an issue causing the Shock Trap deploys to be very close together when launched.
  • Fixed an issue causing Global Difficulty to affect the Operation Dark Hours raid.
  • Fixed an issue causing Specializations to not unlock while owning the Ultimate Edition or having purchased the Year 1 Bundle.
  • Fixed an issue causing Season rewards to be skipped and instead giving players duplicates when gaining multiple Season Levels.
  • Fixed an issue causing the objective "Complete the Roosevelt Island Mission on Hard or Higher Difficulty" to not count towards the Daily Project Outcast Hunt.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the Level 35 Season reward to not be delivered.
  • Fixed an issue causing unintended Health values on Shields.
  • Fixed an issue causing Season Ranks to be reset.
  • Fixed an issue that caused League Mission Timers to reset when a Rogue encounter wiped the group.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Meh, I think I'll skip the polarity switch event. Not really enjoying it, and I'll probably just end up getting another dodge city holster anyways.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Meh, I think I'll skip the polarity switch event. Not really enjoying it, and I'll probably just end up getting another dodge city holster anyways.

I find the polarity event quite fun.. is not just mindless killing enemies in a rush. Also it's quite fast to finish the daily event.

I got a Pestilence maxed out in the league cache and it's really good.. I will get every exotic cache they bring in the future.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm doing Aaron Keener's mission and I ran into a bug where an echo won't activate. I see the icon on the map and my controller is vibrating but nothing appears so I can activate it. Had to abandon the mission... damn... i was almost at the end.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Really not happy with them making solo harder, I thought the difficulty for solo players was actually solid.
Just remember, it starts by saying enemy damage is going down for all activities and enemies, and then they are getting a bit more health and armor for solo heroic, but it's hard to say of that will actually translate to harder or of it will be easier, since they are less dangerous. We'll see tomorrow!

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
So once you get all the rewards for westside league (60 stages) there is no reason to try and max that again this week, am i right? No more rewards to be had?

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
how does m1a/shield with reviver and hard wired sound? if I die, revive and deploy shield and instantly get a revive back? if someone sies (whenever glitch is fixed) revive them with hive, redeploy shield and get revive back?

otherwise, what are some ideas to go with shield m1a?

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Potomac is pretty managable solo heroic (even with the Global Event). The main thing is to always prioritize the suicide bombers. Like every mission, because of scaling, it will tend to be easier solo or as a duo, though the scaling is getting fixed in this evening/tomorrow early morning's patch, so that might change. If you're frustrated, give it a go solo, or wait for tomorrow when it's easier.
You know what time it will be live?

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Is division 3 supposed to be this year? Or is that 2021?
Division 2 came out just a year ago. And i think I remember seeing Ubisoft saying it was a sales disappointment. I'd be happy if they supported Division 2 for 6 months more let alone see a Division 3 anytime soon. If it does come it'd be 2 years from now at the earliest.

Oct 27, 2017
how does m1a/shield with reviver and hard wired sound? if I die, revive and deploy shield and instantly get a revive back? if someone sies (whenever glitch is fixed) revive them with hive, redeploy shield and get revive back?

• I think the gear-set does not work correctly with the Feedback Loop
• Sounds like a one-trick build which compromises far too many stats to achieve low cd revives, because ideally, you shouldn't be reviving people all the time.

Played through the Legendary Stadium-Arena, with extra damage, best game ever. Took me like 6 tries to get to the boss, and around 5 tries to kill the boss. No idea how you could play this without exploits, the grenades and drones tossed me like a ragdoll. Unlike most rogue-likes confined within single-mode single-player, this game fires on both Dark-Souls difficulty and potentially MMO-Raid tier rewards. Didn't get anything good though...

If it is fixed now, after maintenance, no ragrets. If it isn't, boy here I go killing again.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
Got Sawyers kneepads out of my league exotic cache, god roll, they look useful for when armour has a point in the game.

Oct 27, 2017
So my league progress reseted, but I didn't lose my rewards and I was able to redeem the last reward that I never bother to achieve, is that supposed to happen?

edit:

ppSOseS.png
Yeah, the stages you did last week are supposed to be added to the stages you do this week concerning the rewards track. It just isn't shown that way in the UI.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

I would guess that this is a build that is hilarious on paper if it works, but isn't worth pursuing for Challenging/Heroic/Legendary. Four pieces of Hard Wired means giving up up to four red core stats, four damage talents and potentially 3 red mod slots, so you basically lose the things that make the M1A build so strong (damage!). In theory, you'll be able to get revived more often, but you'll also have to be revived way more often because you won't be able to efficiently take down problematic enemies. I imagine a few types of enemies would down you and destroy the hive, that said, I love these kinds of build ideas so I could be wrong? If it works out please do post about it and show it off-an unkillable build would get a lot of traction, hah!
You know what time it will be live?
It's live now and has been for a couple of hours.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yes, very noticable. Enemies just die quicker.

Also fucking finished and got the exotic cache just to get a shitty kneepad.

:(
Definitely keep them! Massive has a history of changing underpowered exotics. The Ninjapad backpack in Div 1 was the most useless piece of gear, then a patch changed its talent and it became best in slot for months. God rolled exotics of every kind should be saved for sure.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I would guess that this is a build that is hilarious on paper if it works, but isn't worth pursuing for Challenging/Heroic/Legendary. Four pieces of Hard Wired means giving up up to four red core stats, four damage talents and potentially 3 red mod slots, so you basically lose the things that make the M1A build so strong (damage!). In theory, you'll be able to get revived more often, but you'll also have to be revived way more often because you won't be able to efficiently take down problematic enemies. I imagine a few types of enemies would down you and destroy the hive, that said, I love these kinds of build ideas so I could be wrong? If it works out please do post about it and show it off-an unkillable build would get a lot of traction, hah!

It's live now and has been for a couple of hours.
thanks. hitting 40 and before finishing the initial expansion (before watch) i was trying all red m1a shield and dying a lot.
switched to yellow/blue shield m1a and could survive and still do ok damage.

you're saying i still want lots of red for heroic/legendary?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
thanks. hitting 40 and before finishing the initial expansion (before watch) i was trying all red m1a shield and dying a lot.
switched to yellow/blue shield m1a and could survive and still do ok damage.

you're saying i still want lots of red for heroic/legendary?
DPS is the easiest way to handle it imo. Best form of damage mitigation is to drop things asap.

Other builds do work well too, though. Tank builds with pistols, skill builds, hybrid CC/DPS builds, support/healer builds for group play... everything is viable on all difficulties.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Global Event Day 1 Challenges:
unknown.png

Global Event Day 2 Challenges:
unknown.png

Targeted Loot DC 25/3:
Tom_Clancys_The_Division_2_Screenshot_2020.03.25_-_00.00.13.73.png

Targeted Loot NY 25/3:
Tom_Clancys_The_Division_2_Screenshot_2020.03.25_-_00.00.51.54.png