• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I got a god rolled Chatterbox. woot.....

This global event is kind of rage inducing. Enemy cross paths while i'm shooting, gets hit with a stray bullet and I get shocked. Rough

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Heroic feels really hard now. Tried a 2 man in Coney Island with a rifle DPS and cc blind builds and failed miserably. I definitely do not feel the reduced enemy damage, but I was using sacrifice. We tried it matchmade after a while too and 4 player scaling didn't feel any better than it was either...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Heroic feels really hard now. Tried a 2 man in Coney Island with a rifle DPS and cc blind builds and failed miserably. I definitely do not feel the reduced enemy damage, but I was using sacrifice. We tried it matchmade after a while too and 4 player scaling didn't feel any better than it was either...
It feels the same to me solo and duo...

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to move from PC back to console - anyone have any anecdotal info on population size on Xbox vs PS4?

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019

I only tested Jefferson Heroic solo and I finished that with no problems at all with a glass cannon build.

I'll test more missions later.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
I love this zone but I hate the aoe attacks following me all the time lol.

49696104022_1acbc17293_k.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
The patch notes indicated that 2-man difficulty had been increased while 4-man had been decreased and 3-man remained the same

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
you're saying i still want lots of red for heroic/legendary?
As it stands, whether solo or in a group of 4, DPS builds are best for Heroic. Definitely the most efficient. The thing is, a lot of people play the M1A shield build wrong. They either use cover too much, or think their shield is stronger than it is. What you're looking to do is use the battlegrounds angles. Have your shield up, but be standing behind corners/cars/high ground where you can't get hit etc. so that you can shoot enemies while taking advantage of the damage boost without them melting your shield. If your shield is about to go down, drop it, hit cover, let it refresh. The shield in this build doesn't work the way most shields do - it doesn't make you a tank, it just gives you a bare minimum of survability so that you can favourably trade with enemies.

If you want to see it in action, just check out SolidFPS on Twitch. Any of his streams are a masterclass in that playstyle.

For Legendary, it actually can help a lot to have a mix of 1-2 DPS, a tank, a healer or a crowd control player.
It feels the same to me solo and duo...
Agreed. I find myself dying a little slower maybe, but overall, enemies are still a huge threat and the time to kill on them feels about the same.
I decided to move from PC back to console - anyone have any anecdotal info on population size on Xbox vs PS4?
I would guess PS4 has the bigger community, just based on install base. That said, our clan is at 41 on Xbox and it looks like 4-10 clan members online everytime I am. Hope they stick around!

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
For those wondering what some good areas to farm are with Targeted Loot, today's map is really, really good. Here's some highlights (recommended to do them on the hardest difficulty you can manage to increase the chance of high rolls):
- Overlord Armaments open world area x 2: good for Fox's Prayer kneepads, best in slot for DPS builds
- Kneepads open world area: good for Fox's Prayer kneepads, best in slot for DPS builds
- Petrov open world are x 2: good for Contractor's Gloves, best in slot for DPS builds
- Providence on Roosevelt Island: you can try to get a good run time for the League objective while also getting a lot of loot from one of the best Brand sets to have on 2-3 slots, useful for all DPS builds
- Wyvern open world area: good for skill builds that focus on skill damage (Sniper Turret, etc.)
- Grupo open world area: good for DPS builds

Targeted Loot DC 25/3:
Tom_Clancys_The_Division_2_Screenshot_2020.03.25_-_00.00.13.73.png

Targeted Loot NY 25/3:
Tom_Clancys_The_Division_2_Screenshot_2020.03.25_-_00.00.51.54.png

Courtesy of The Division community discord

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
...and apologies for the spam, but if anyone wants to see a crowd control build in action, Widdz is using one right now that's pretty nuts for Heroic/Legendary. Firefly + EMP Jammer Pulse + Overwatch + Skill Tier/Skill Haste/Status Effects

Last edited:

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Reconnaissance and Hazard are more to my liking, so I'll be sure as hell to grind the keys for them :P

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Reconnaissance. Usually I don't like full sets, but I'll go for that one.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Just added to the OT, some of the most useful community resources, things you'll likely come back to here and there. Particularly useful for those that are new to the game.

Interactive New York Map: Can toggle on/off all kinds of things, from collectibles to echos to named enemies and more.
Interactive DC Map: Same as above, but for, uh, DC!

Gear Attribute Sheet: All brand bonuses, gear set bonuses, what attributes can drop on each, max attribute rolls, mods, Named Items, Exotic weapons and gear bonuses, weapon talents, etc.) - basically, the all-in-one guide to what you can get in Division 2 loot.

Vendor Reset: Updated weekly with all new items on sale. Check the Reddit post for recommendations each week.

Exotics Drop Locations And Rates: Find out where to get all of the exotics in the game.

New Hunter Locations: An in-depth guide to finding all of the new Hunters/Masks in the game.

Snitch Locations: Finding the snitch locates the rotating Cassie vendor.

Oct 27, 2017
No Exotics today, but got god-rolled Fox's knees (around 4% weapon damage boost over the current ones). Haven't found the named yellow chest for shield-build yet ;(

I want the god-rolled Lady Death from the cache. I would like a mobile playstyle with the shield. I would also like to try Nemesis or another super-heavy hitting sniper build, even though it is unlikely to beat M1A :(

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
I've played on both and the population seems to be much higher on PS4. I used to get requests for help on PS4 all the time and I rarely get them on Xbox. Maybe they changed that down the road? I played on PS4 pretty much out of the gate and I just recently played it on Xbox thanks to the $3 deal.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they aren't going to add a mod library they should at least let us sort them by their numerical value. Its amazingly tedious sorting them out. Feels like I should just make a spreadsheet of the ones I use to compare drops to which is obviously less than ideal.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
If they aren't going to add a mod library they should at least let us sort them by their numerical value. Its amazingly tedious sorting them out. Feels like I should just make a spreadsheet of the ones I use to compare drops to which is obviously less than ideal.
Yeah, people have been going really hard on this on the Ubisoft forums and Reddit. Honestly, I'd expect either a short-term sort option or an overhaul to make it a library in the coming month or so. It's very obvious that it's a piece of Gear 2.0 that didn't get a quality of life change that was needed, where other parts did.

My stop-gap solution is yeah, I keep the notes app on my phone. If I see a mod drop that's 75-80% or higher, I check the note and see if it's better than what I have. Otherwise, loot as junk or scrap on site. It's annoying, but it is what it is right now.

Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing an option somewhere concerning matchmaking and the Global Event as everytime I matchmake for anything it gets turned off? It feels like it would be better to play in a group with it activated as I generally play Challenging difficulty as my Global setting but I get flanked a lot when paying attention to the Polarity and whatnot...solo seems more punishing now.

Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing an option somewhere concerning matchmaking and the Global Event as everytime I matchmake for anything it gets turned off? It feels like it would be better to play in a group with it activated as I generally play Challenging difficulty as my Global setting but I get flanked a lot when paying attention to the Polarity and whatnot...solo seems more punishing now.

Yeah the game is missing Global Event matchmaking, it is not considered when matchmaking.

However, it is really hard to rack up the kill-count in the party. Playing solo is a faster way to do this event.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah, it kind of stinks. It's best for grouped play (not matchmade) or solo play. But that said, if you just wait until Friday, turn your world to Normal and spend a couple of hours, it looks like you'll be able to get all of the Challenges done, since so far they overlap a lot. And normal is REALLY easy to destroy with the Polarity modifier on. Put a rifle on and you should be one shot'ing most enemies in the open world.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I think around this time last week I was lamenting about my poor league performance and figured decent rewards were out of reach.

Today I finished the league without even touching Bunker or Roosevelt the second week (again, thanks astro for guiding me through Roosevelt last weekend!), and as a result got these:

mb1xXVCl.png
2SHrKWql.png

I return to the polarity grind with newfound vigor.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Whoa.
I think around this time last week I was lamenting about my poor league performance and figured decent rewards were out of reach.

Today I finished the league without even touching Bunker or Roosevelt the second week (again, thanks astro for guiding me through Roosevelt last weekend!), and as a result got these:

mb1xXVCl.png
2SHrKWql.png

Congrats! Yeah I remember early on from Div 1 Legendary just felt so out of reach for me, and by the end, with a better build and knowledge of positioning, threats etc. it became second nature. Happy to hear it's clicking for ya!

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
So I only picked up the game around the $4 sale and I've had 50 hours of fun, but now I'm in the post-game but pre-Warlords and I had a little trouble figuring out the order of things but I'm mostly good there (into Coney Island now so I'm nearly through). However, in this time I've been trying to do a bit of daily project stuff for shits and gigs but there is a goal project of completing three Black Tusk bounties that is throwing me because I don't understand how bounties work anymore.

So I ask your help: there seems to be no more intel but also there's icons all over the place but also some are white and some are orange and I can't select things and I'm really not sure what to do at all. How, broadly, have bounties been altered in the recent changes?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So I ask your help: there seems to be no more intel but also there's icons all over the place but also some are white and some are orange and I can't select things and I'm really not sure what to do at all. How, broadly, have bounties been altered in the recent changes?
That's the major change-bounties don't require intel anymore. So, open the map, go to Bounties, and click an icon. It should tell you who the target is, what faction it is (in the little write-up) and what the difficulty is. I believe that some bounties are still gated, in that they highlight which other bounties need to be completed in order to open that one up.

if you're still missing bounties, sometimes projects or open world activities like Hostage Rescues drop additional bounties.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone experiencing DC issues on PS4? I just got the expansion and I've been playing with my bro and he DC's every 5 minutes when we play together or if he plays solo. Super annoying. Any fix coming soon? Or is he shit out of luck?

PetaBread

Apr 22, 2019
Anyone experiencing DC issues on PS4? I just got the expansion and I've been playing with my bro and he DC's every 5 minutes when we play together or if he plays solo. Super annoying. Any fix coming soon? Or is he shit out of luck?
I'm having the same problem. I get a DELTA 03 error as soon as I step out of a safe zone

PS4 as well

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get a raid group together? I don't have the eagle bearer and wouldn't mind going after it with people who know how to get it because I am kind of oblivious on the keys and how all that works. Anyone in the PC clan want to get a group together sometime and wouldn't mind leading a raid noob (or a few) around? I can only voice chat during the day since at night when I play my girl is asleep - if that is a necessity.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

mb1xXVCl.png
2SHrKWql.png

Nice one mate! Two really good finds.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Man, fuck the Federal Emergency Bunker.

Also, I don't like the sound of this global event. If the exotic from it is not guaranteed max roll I might just give it a miss.

Yes, as they said it's a UI glitch. You are still at 28.

Yup, can confirm - I unlocked the cache before the exotic one this morning by just killing a bunch of True Sons (or whatever the faction is, hah).

Yeah that's great. Thanks. Nearly there.

Last edited:

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017

Hazardous

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot state enough how much this game has improved. I log on every day excited to tweak existing builds and try new ones. I have to be playing a different game than what reddit is playing... you'd think the game is literally falling apart at the seams with how they talk about it.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
So basically for Liberty I need four components, 3 I have, 1 I can get easily (I don't know if these are guaranteed drops from bosses).

But, where do I farm for the pistol? I looked at the DC map, and only see one mission with more pistol look, which is Camp White Oak, but I can only choose story on that?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So basically Liberty is not a drop per se, but I need to farm specific parts?
It can drop after you craft it for sure... maybe it can drop before too... I'm not entirely sure.

Also to note: if you own one, you cannot farm the parts again. You need to either break down your current one, or put it on an alt-character so the game thinks your current character doesn't have access to it - which will allow the parts to drop again. If you want to farm for better rolls, keep this in mind.

So basically for Liberty I need four components, 3 I have, 1 I can get easily (I don't know if these are guaranteed drops from bosses).

But, where do I farm for the pistol? I looked at the DC map, and only see one mission with more pistol look, which is Camp White Oak, but I can only choose story on that?
Find a target loot mission that's rewarding pistols, and play it on the highest difficulty possible. It was recently on Roosevelt which was amazing on Heroic, I found 3x D50s in one run. We also ran with 3 people on Challenging and shared drops so everyone got one.

Have you done Camp white Oak yet? I can't remember if I have, but maybe you need to finish Story before you can select higher difficulty.

RPanda

Feb 21, 2018
I just finished the campaign and have no idea what to do next, also does everyone die because of fire effect too quickly ?it kills me almost instantly