• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me the Polarity event is also double-week and I can somehow cobble 9 Reward-tier eventually...

The challenges are NOT fun. I don't think anyone can have any fun in the group during this event, so it is either playing solo or not doing it.

Oct 30, 2017
I cannot stand the boss fight for Federal Emergency Bunker. 3 waves of flamethrowers and kamikazes and tanks in a tiny-ass rock basement of a room. And your whole team decides to bottleneck themselves in the very back for the entirety of the fight only to get sandwiched by fire and exploding corpses.

At least Potomac Event Arena and DCD HQ are actually fun to run with potential to PB. FEB is a meatgrinder.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot stand the boss fight for Federal Emergency Bunker. 3 waves of flamethrowers and kamikazes and tanks in a tiny-ass rock basement of a room. And your whole team decides to bottleneck themselves in the very back for the entirety of the fight only to get sandwiched by fire and exploding corpses.

At least Potomac Event Arena and DCD HQ are actually fun to run with potential to PB. FEB is a meatgrinder.
Again, I think the biggest issue here are random players and not the design itself. That encounter is very manageable, but target priority and knowing when to save some in the mag for rushers is essential.

Also, listening for grenade call outs and shooting before they fling/shooting out the air. 9/10 win random groups people seem to just be chasing as many kills as possible instead of playing smart, which is the most common reason encounters go to shit on higher difficulties with 3-4 players.

Oct 30, 2017
Again, I think the biggest issue here are random players and not the design itself. That encounter is very manageable, but target priority and knowing when to save some in the mag for rushers is essential.

Also, listening for grenade call outs and shooting before they fling/shooting out the air. 9/10 win random groups people seem to just be chasing as many kills as possible instead of playing smart, which is the most common reason encounters go to shit on higher difficulties with 3-4 players.
I think I was just matched up with consecutively bad teams. I had run it previously with a smarter group and didn't have too many issues. But I can't convince 3 other randoms to not hunker down during the third wave of the fight. Or to not lay out revive or heal hives in the same area where a rusher can just destroy it instantly.

Oh well, the life of a solo queue player! At least I had Merciless drop for me. Pretty cool gun. Never had it drop for me before.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I think I was just matched up with consecutively bad teams. I had run it previously with a smarter group and didn't have too many issues. But I can't convince 3 other randoms to not hunker down during the third wave of the fight. Or to not lay out revive or heal hives in the same area where a rusher can just destroy it instantly.
Yep, this is largely why I play mostly solo/duo. I really like higher difficulties with a co-ordinated group, but MM is a crapshoot and often leaves me actively hating encounters I previously enjoyed.

May 10, 2019
Probably most people here already know this but helpful to those that don't. Outcast grenadiers (fire bomb) red satchel can be hit which then causes them to catch on fire. Well if you kill them without hitting the satchel, just hit the satchel anyway and you will still get a burn kill which is one of the challenges from last week's event.

Even better if other dead outcast are near by as you will get more burn kills as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Group with comms is fine. Randoms... probably not.

Unless you enjoy the event mechanics themselves, whether the group is co-ordinated or not, it is a slog to complete the challenges. You don't get even twice as many enemies, but all of them come with yellow with weakspots that don't do shit to their health. You have to specifically avoid hitting the weakspots AND then finish them with the precise shot (only one group member gets the credit).

And if you are playing tank/healer, then you can just forget about making the progress...

What do I need to do to get the photo challenge done? Isn't good enough?
lcDxYAz.jpg

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Unless you enjoy the event mechanics themselves, whether the group is co-ordinated or not, it is a slog to complete the challenges. You don't get even twice as many enemies, but all of them come with yellow with weakspots that don't do shit to their health. You have to specifically avoid hitting the weakspots AND then finish them with the precise shot (only one group member gets the credit).

And if you are playing tank/healer, then you can just forget about making the progress...

What do I need to do to get the photo challenge done? Isn't good enough?
I do not find it a slog, though. I get you find this game frustrating, but it's also a little frustrating hearing you constantly tell us all how it is when many of us don't feel the same.

And that should be good enough for a photo, yes

Drakey

Apr 19, 2019
1. Run Federal Emergency Bunker
2. Reach the tunnel with the suicide bombers
3. Shoot their weakspot
4. Kill yourself after you killed the last one ( 5 on story difficulty)
5. Repeat until you reach 50

I know the event isn't fun, but today isn't that hard.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the campaign and have no idea what to do next, also does everyone die because of fire effect too quickly ?it kills me almost instantly

yes fire is basically instadeath still and I wish they'd change it. Just use an armor pack immediately.

Please tell me the Polarity event is also double-week and I can somehow cobble 9 Reward-tier eventually...

The challenges are NOT fun. I don't think anyone can have any fun in the group during this event, so it is either playing solo or not doing it.

wait for the last day of challenges to show up and switch world to normal/hard to bust through.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the campaign and have no idea what to do next, also does everyone die because of fire effect too quickly ?it kills me almost instantly
It depends...

Set on fire and no longer IN the fire? I rarely die to it.

Being stuck IN fire, ouch. And the issue here is that often the fire patch is not visually clear, and sometimes it feels like they can appear from nowhere.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
It can drop after you craft it for sure... maybe it can drop before too... I'm not entirely sure.

Also to note: if you own one, you cannot farm the parts again. You need to either break down your current one, or put it on an alt-character so the game thinks your current character doesn't have access to it - which will allow the parts to drop again. If you want to farm for better rolls, keep this in mind.

Find a target loot mission that's rewarding pistols, and play it on the highest difficulty possible. It was recently on Roosevelt which was amazing on Heroic, I found 3x D50s in one run. We also ran with 3 people on Challenging and shared drops so everyone got one.

Have you done Camp white Oak yet? I can't remember if I have, but maybe you need to finish Story before you can select higher difficulty.
Okay, I have unlocked harder difficulties.

How does this actually work though when I have everything - just go to the crafting station?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
P S A
There seems to be quite a few max attributes in the clan vendor this week, make sure to check it!

Okay, I have unlocked harder difficulties.

How does this actually work though when I have everything - just go to the crafting station?
Yep, just select the Exotic tab at the crafting station and you can craft it.

Random rolls though ofc, so brace for a little disappointment. You might need to craft a few to get the roll you want.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
P S A
There seems to be quite a few max attributes in the clan vendor this week, make sure to check it!

Yep, just select the Exotic tab at the crafting station and you can craft it.

Random rolls though ofc, so brace for a little disappointment. You might need to craft a few to get the roll you want.
I am assuming I'll get the components back but lose the D50?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I am assuming I'll get the components back but lose the D50?
You will get basic components, and an exotic component for generic exotic crafting, but you will need to farm the Liberty parts and the D50 again.

OR you can hold on to the D50 and just farm pistol target for a random Exotic drop... but the former is far quicker.

WarioLuigi22

alt account
Banned
May 11, 2019
I think around this time last week I was lamenting about my poor league performance and figured decent rewards were out of reach.

Today I finished the league without even touching Bunker or Roosevelt the second week (again, thanks astro for guiding me through Roosevelt last weekend!), and as a result got these:

mb1xXVCl.png
2SHrKWql.png

I return to the polarity grind with newfound vigor.
WOW nice finds, I'm jelly

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
You will get basic components, and an exotic component for generic exotic crafting, but you will need to farm the Liberty parts and the D50 again.

OR you can hold on to the D50 and just farm pistol target for a random Exotic drop... but the former is far quicker.
Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated!

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah for me it's: go in with a group hoping for a faster time -> find we're struggling to even clear it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I think around this time last week I was lamenting about my poor league performance and figured decent rewards were out of reach.

Today I finished the league without even touching Bunker or Roosevelt the second week (again, thanks astro for guiding me through Roosevelt last weekend!), and as a result got these:

mb1xXVCl.png
2SHrKWql.png

I return to the polarity grind with newfound vigor.
Oh, yeh, I would recommend putting a DMG out of cover or another dmg attribute in place of that Optimal range. I think you'll find the range is more than good enough on the Baker's.

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated!
You're welcome mate! :)

GL with your craft!

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Polarity event is better done solo.. I pick any mission with 7 or 8 npcs in the next area.. difficulty is set to Story and I just snipe them fast (headshots) and suicide with a grenade after.. repeat this and you will finish it in 1 hour or less.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Polarity event is better done solo.. I pick any mission with 7 or 8 npcs in the next area.. difficulty is set to Story and I just snipe them fast (headshots) and suicide with a grenade after.. repeat this and you will finish it in 1 hour or less.
It's definitely faster solo as you get all the credit. It's also probably worth waiting until all stages are unlocks and blowing through them all at once.

Oct 27, 2017
I do not find it a slog, though. I get you find this game frustrating, but it's also a little frustrating hearing you constantly tell us all how it is when many of us don't feel the same.

And that should be good enough for a photo, yes

This day and age, if people don't complain, the situation will remain the same. Next event you will get zombie head-shot based missions, and the tanks/healers will once again crawl out of the regular 4-men random or premade matches into either ignoring the event or powering through alone. Three major complaints about this event:
• You cannot matchmake for it or against it
• It is much slower with the group
• You have to play damage to make real progress for most tasks

If you tell me that these aren't issues (and they aren't worth fixing/improving), then we just flat out disagree on the design level.

I think you are avoiding problems as opposed to voicing them.

Instead of saying random people create a bad 4-men experience, it is the game's lack of grouping options and tools to create it to some degree. How about someone could tag their build or mic or loot-goal in LFG. Ever since Division 1 you had roles: you had to have reclaimer to do Legendaries, but the matchmaking has never cared about team compositions or builds. Imagine if you could browse or invite people based on their role to optimize the party, would that make you more or less interested in the full party?

If you ever used Xbox LFG, it has really good filters to match people for the best chance of the fun party experience. You could tag something like:
• Chill Heroic CP4 Farm
• Dark Zone PVP Mic-required
• Challenging Roosevelt Island New-players welcomed
• LFG X-builds any Legendary mission mic-on
• Invaded Stronghold 2-DPS need tank/healer/EMP
• Need help completing X mission/challenge

I guarantee people would be far more interested in party-play if it wasn't the completely-random experience.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This day and age, if people don't complain, the situation will remain the same. Next event you will get zombie head-shot based missions, and the tanks/healers will once again crawl out of the regular 4-men random or premade matches into either ignoring the event or powering through alone. Three major complaints about this event:
• You cannot matchmake for it or against it
• It is much slower with the group
• You have to play damage to make real progress for most tasks

If you tell me that these aren't issues (and they aren't worth fixing/improving), then we just flat out disagree on the design level.

I think you are avoiding problems as opposed to voicing them.

Instead of saying random people create a bad 4-men experience, it is the game's lack of grouping options and tools to create it to some degree. How about someone could tag their build or mic or loot-goal in LFG. Ever since Division 1 you had roles: you had to have reclaimer to do Legendaries, but the matchmaking has never cared about team compositions or builds. Imagine if you could browse or invite people based on their role to optimize the party, would that make you more or less interested in the full party?

If you ever used Xbox LFG, it has really good filters to match people for the best chance of the fun party experience. You could tag something like:
• Chill Heroic CP4 Farm
• Dark Zone PVP Mic-required
• Challenging Roosevelt Island New-players welcomed
• LFG X-builds any Legendary mission mic-on
• Invaded Stronghold 2-DPS need tank/healer/EMP
• Need help completing X mission/challenge

I guarantee people would be far more interested in party-play if it wasn't the completely-random experience.
Complaining constantly ITT isn't going to do anything though, lol.

No one is saying the game doesn't have issues, but when it's a constant stream of negativity that is never going to be read by the devs... it gets tiring.

And even with the proposed ideas (which are all sensible and good) you'd find random groups would always remain frustrating to a degree. They always do, you cannot protect against it really. Saying this... ALL games like this need a robust LFG system IN-GAME, and it's consistently baffling why they do not include one.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yeh, I would recommend putting a DMG out of cover or another dmg attribute in place of that Optimal range. I think you'll find the range is more than good enough on the Baker's.

Yeah, was thinking the same, but I have that problem where if I can't replace it with another god roll, I don't want it. I need to look at my recal library again to see what I've got.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, was thinking the same, but I have that problem where if I can't replace it with another god roll, I don't want it. I need to look at my recal library again to see what I've got.
Honestly, even if it's not a god roll it will likely help you more than the Optimal will. I know it's annoying to look at a non max bar, especially if it was max to begin with lol.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Global Event Day 3 Challenges:
unknown.png

DC Targeted Loot 26/3
Tom_Clancys_The_Division_2_Screenshot_2020.03.26_-_00.00.06.83.png

NY Targeted Loot 26/3
Tom_Clancys_The_Division_2_Screenshot_2020.03.26_-_00.00.16.49.png

As always, courtesy goes to the Division community discord

For anyone having trouble with the shock 3 enemies at the same time challenge:

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I barely open this thread anymore cause all I see is EoM complaining about something again
giphy.gif
Unfortunately, it is the same with the subreddit... People want a "Challenge" then complain when things are challenging and they can't face roll endgame content. They will get it nerfed, then complain that the game is boring, easy, and that there is nothing to do.

Oct 27, 2017
Complaining constantly ITT isn't going to do anything though, lol.

No one is saying the game doesn't have issues, but when it's a constant stream of negativity that is never going to be read by the devs... it gets tiring.

And even with the proposed ideas (which are all sensible and good) you'd find random groups would always remain frustrating to a degree. They always do, you cannot protect against it really. Saying this... ALL games like this need a robust LFG system IN-GAME, and it's consistently baffling why they do not include one.

That is what makes it interesting! The human element. Maximizing the potential the good party/minimizing party mismatch is all I can hope for. Discord LFG compensates for it, at least partially.

I suppose there are enough complains on reddit/other channels that re-observing the same issues here does not accomplish much. I can see that it does not contribute to the discussion, though I will make the prediction that the game will bleed-out the playerbase if Massive cannot fix/improve them.

Sometimes the negativity isn't just a complain. It is supposed to be a discussion: is the X thing fair, is it good, wouldn't it be better if it was different etc.

I barely open this thread anymore cause all I see is EoM complaining about something again

But you have made a reply within minutes
giphy.gif

Unfortunately, it is the same with the subreddit... People want a "Challenge" then complain when things are challenging and they can't face roll endgame content. They will get it nerfed, then complain that the game is boring, easy, and that there is nothing to do.

Heroic difficulty before the patch was the one thing I didn't have the problem with. I have beaten almost every mission on Heroic with the random squad and most of them were fair. I think you might want to stop generalizing and dive deeper down into complains to see that it is usually something that has no downsides if fixed. Reddit can be a great mechanism for feedback: massive amounts of people liking or disliking the proposed changes or observations.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Got a Gift backpack from the south dark zone. Rolls were OK, but it's kinda disappointing that perfect vigilance is just a 3 second cooldown instead of the normal 4 with no extra damage boost.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Heroic difficulty before the patch was the one thing I didn't have the problem with. I have beaten almost every mission on Heroic with the random squad and most of them were fair. I think you might want to stop generalizing and dive deeper down into complains to see that it is usually something that has no downsides if fixed. Reddit can be a great mechanism for feedback: massive amounts of people liking or disliking the proposed changes or observations.

I haven't been able to play since the patch, how has heroic difficulty changed? I hope they didn't adjust the difficulty too much... My buddies and I were really enjoying the actual challenge of it.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
At this point I really like where the game is at difficultly-wise. I would say the only thing I really hope they tune are:
- enemy accuracy, particularly for LMG/SGs from a ridiculous range. Not because it's difficult, or I can't play around it, just becauseit feels bad to be at sniper range getting hit by those weapons.
- the bleed and burn bullets. I don't think their effect should hit as hard as the same effect from a grenade. It can still be really frustrating for an LMG from across the map to hit you with one bleed bullet and cause you to have to armor up or die instantly.
How do you switch to that targeted loot map view?
On console, go to map, press up on the d pad. There's a few things at the bottom of the map you can toggle on/off that way.
Cannot be arsed with the global event, gonna farm for gear instead I think.
Suggestion: wait one more day for the last challenges to be out. Switch your global difficulty to normal. Spend 2-3 hours and get all of them done at once. The Exotic Cache is worth it - if it's like the other one, it drops god rolled. 2-3 hours for a god rolled exotic is far less investment than farming them normally, and even then there's no guarantee you'll get a good roll.

Honestly, the global event can actually speed up farming if you're coordinated with another person, and at worse, isn't that much slower, but if you just want that Exotic cache and to play normally, just carving out a bit of time should get you there.
I haven't been able to play since the patch, how has heroic difficulty changed? I hope they didn't adjust the difficulty too much... My buddies and I were really enjoying the actual challenge of it.
It isn't a HUGE change on solo/duo, but you'll feel it. Enemies don't hit quite as hard, but can still melt you if you aren't careful. On 3 and 4 player scaling, it feels better because of that and reduced scaling armor/health. It'll still be a challenge, but you probably will have less moments of frustration from pre-patch, thinking you should have been able to stagger an enemy approaching you

Last edited:

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Cannot be arsed with the global event, gonna farm for gear instead I think.

Don't.. the exotic caches are droppping god rolled exotics most of the time.. reach rank 9 at least.

I do the event in Story difficulty and just snipe a group of enemies and die with my own grenade. That's the fastest way to do it.

Oct 27, 2017

Haven't played too many missions: Heroic Capitol, Heroic Wallstreet and one more but I think someone had pump'ed damage in the party. I don't think the moment to moment gameplay is any different, it was Black-Tusk missions that might display some kind of difference. Dogs are supposedly nerfed, support station too, as well as the reduced drone spam.

Had a healer in the Capitol mission, yet my all-red Glass Cannon build doesn't really benefit from healing because grenade/sniper/burst damage is an instant death. You cannot heal the all-red build, it still dies within a second.

Switched to Patriot Shield build and it was much easier. On paper, DPS is probably 1/3, but in reality, the extra-time you can fire and stay-exposed makes it 1/2.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
*joins group in boss room at 30:25*

"Pfft, we got this by 35:00"

*5 wipes later*

You have left the group

Yeah that's it exactly. I used to think it was weird that people would drop off so close to finishing but now I've got 2 or 3 wipes in me there then I'm out. Especially if it's right at the last wave and you know you gotta go through all that shit again and maybe still wipe.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea why I'm suddenly unable to track anything on screen?

I was tracking stage 1 of the event fine. I quit the game to restart, when I came back in there's nothing on my screen and all the option to track are greyed out. not just the event, I'm unable to track anything now...

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah that's it exactly. I used to think it was weird that people would drop off so close to finishing but now I've got 2 or 3 wipes in me there then I'm out. Especially if it's right at the last wave and you know you gotta go through all that shit again and maybe still wipe.
It's funny how much more manageable that room is if people focus fire on suicide bombers, or at the very least, don't run towards their teammates when chased by one. If everyone has a revive hive, downs are totally okay, just chuck one over when the fire subsides. What gets frustrating is when 2-3 teammates go down from the same one. One player can't dodge all of the bombers/suicide fire and the boss rusher long enough to revive everyone. But that's the difference between coordinated and uncoordinated teams. Also, with major DPS across the group, you can probably take the boss down really quickly with focus fire as he exits his little glassed area. That helps a lot.

Any idea why I'm suddenly unable to track anything on screen?

I was tracking stage 1 of the event fine. I quit the game to restart, when I came back in there's nothing on my screen and all the option to track are greyed out. not just the event, I'm unable to track anything now...
Hrmm. This happened to me once with timers for the Challenging Missions. Not sure what caused it or how I got it back. My only guess would be to hard quit/restart again? (And I'm sure you have, but...make sure the Global Event is still set to on?)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, after three days of this event... it's really not very fun. It's just a bunch of busy work that's more awkward than engaging, and while I'm burning through it pretty quickly I'd rather be getting on with testing my builds in regular play.

Will not miss it when it's over.

Hrmm. This happened to me once with timers for the Challenging Missions. Not sure what caused it or how I got it back. My only guess would be to hard quit/restart again? (And I'm sure you have, but...make sure the Global Event is still set to on?)
Thanks. Tried all of that, no dice. Very annoying...

EDIT: switching the event on and off fixed it!

Last edited: