• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm pretty sure you can change difficulty without resetting progress now. I did a couple of the control points and bounties on heroic but missions on challenging and it seemed to work. I think progress reset is done with a button now rather than resetting world difficulty.
isn't this next week?

edit: oh damn you are right they changed it already!" next week is the CP reset change!
shawnoftheshred sorry man i gave you wrong info! go ahead and change the diff!

Oct 30, 2017
I had 2 Chameleons drop in the same mission yesterday. Middling stats. I've never used it before, is it a worthwhile exotic? DPS is super low. Still waiting for that exotic LMG to drop.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Can it be real that mods are not saved per skill variation or am I missing something? If I switch healer drone to sricker I have to change all the mods...

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm pretty sure you can change difficulty without resetting progress now. I did a couple of the control points and bounties on heroic but missions on challenging and it seemed to work. I think progress reset is done with a button now rather than resetting world difficulty.
Thanks! So to be clear, I can just change global difficulty to Hard, play that mission, switch it back to Heroic and all is good?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Can it be real that mods are not saved per skill variation or am I missing something? If I switch healer drone to sricker I have to change all the mods...
I'm not sure off hand, but my guess would be you'd be just as good making a loadout for each set up, since you'll likely want different mods on each (damage on Striker drone, for example). Would be just as quick to swap between the two between combats.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks! So to be clear, I can just change global difficulty to Hard, play that mission, switch it back to Heroic and all is good?
That's how it worked for me
I think if you save a loadout then mods are switched when changing between loadouts. But yeah, if you're just swapping skills you'll keep the mods you currently have equipped on that skill.

May 10, 2019
When I started seeing agents with 210+ shd levels last week, something was off. This new manhunt was kinda underwhelming but I like we're the story seems to be heading.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
That's how it worked for me
Did it, happy to not have to play Darpa again! Hah. Thanks for the tip.
When I started seeing agents with 210+ shd levels last week, something was off. This new manhunt was kinda underwhelming but I like we're the story seems to be heading.
For what it's worth, 210 seems very reasonable for anyone who has been self-isolating. I'm at SHD 130-ish and have only put 1-2 hours in a day in the mornings or at lunch. If someone hasn't been going into work and passing the time with games, 210 is very attainable. Streamers like SolidFPS legitimately got to 1000+ by just playing on Heroic with Directives on already (but yeah, there's been a lot of exploiting too).

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
So I'm thinking about getting Warlords. What is this level 40 weapon and outfit from the product page? Just something that will be outclassed within a couple of hours?
Weapon was a shotgun called Enforcer with perfect pummel talent. I honestly haven't used it once since shotguns are not the greatest for high level content. I don't remember what the outfit was

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Shotguns are fine for high level content, I use my KSG in my main build. The Enforcer I delete by mistake so I can't comment on...

Oct 27, 2017
shawnoftheshred #TeamWallStreet

GmzoLbN.jpg

Not the perfect roll, but I will take it, should be usable. Surprised that it has Crit Damage as opposed to Armor Damage, but with 1-2 Coyote Masks even tank builds have decent crit chance. Around 30 Wall-Street (with something like 7 Tombs)... I hope the game starts dropping BK and Lady Death in targeted-loot areas, because I doubt I will play those missions on Heroic again.

I am already 40+ points into raw damage on SHD watch. Next stat should be crit chance, because it is far more valuable than crit damage 1:1.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
shawnoftheshred #TeamWallStreet

GmzoLbN.jpg

Not the perfect roll, but I will take it, should be usable. Surprised that it has Crit Damage as opposed to Armor Damage, but with 1-2 Coyote Masks even tank builds have decent crit chance. Around 30 Wall-Street (with something like 7 Tombs)... I hope the game starts dropping BK and Lady Death in targeted-loot areas, because I doubt I will play those missions on Heroic again.
Congrats! Seems like an above-average roll and definitely worth keeping/using if you've got a build for it!

Isn't Lady Death just a drop from open world New York bosses?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Took down Venus on Heroic and holy hell, her LMG accuracy and damage were nuts, she was shredding with blind fire from across the room where I could barely put a single shot on before having to disengage and heal. Ended up getting her with the help of fire bullets on my secondary, then switching to primary and bursting her down. Woof. Had fun with it.

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats! Seems like an above-average roll and definitely worth keeping/using if you've got a build for it!

Isn't Lady Death just a drop from open world New York bosses?

Yeah, but (in the near future) I would like to see BK and LD both added to the drop tables once you get one. You play the game in the LMG-zone, something red drops, and it is not 5th Pestilence but a second chance at better BK rolls!

+ I don't have any bosses in NY for like two weeks now... Before this week's update, there was no way to change that at least. It is related to CP in NY.
(DC is fine, I have all CP4 green and bosses still spawn)

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
DARPA labs ending is completely unacceptable above 2 players on challenging.

Jesus Christ how has that not been fixed yet.

Finished the manhunt. Managed to get 6 freaking keys. No apparel projects was so clearly a cash grab, but once again the options are so ugly it's hard to feel strongly about it.

I like my current build, and will probably come back after 8.5 to finally enjoy and refine all the gear set builds I saved and couldn't use because of bugs.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
DARPA labs ending is completely unacceptable above 2 players on challenging.

Jesus Christ how has that not been fixed yet.

Finished the manhunt. Managed to get 6 freaking keys. No apparel projects was so clearly a cash grab, but once again the options are so ugly it's hard to feel strongly about it.

I like my current build, and will probably come back after 8.5 to finally enjoy and refine all the gear set builds I saved and couldn't use because of bugs.
Pentagon missions are being nerfed this coming week

PetaBread

Apr 22, 2019

So this keeps happening to me ever since the update. I stopped playing for a week and this still happens even now. This was recorded today on PS4.

Is there anything i can do besides reinstall the game?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at 110 SHD rank/level/whatever and I go days sometimes without playing. That said, there's zero chance I'll play enough to get all the new cosmetics over the next 2-3 weeks even with a lot of free time. There simply isn't enough meaty content for me to do that without growing extremely tired of the game and the min/max-ing of gear even though a lot of folks want to believe it's more important than it is simply isn't all that, well, important in the grand scheme of things as you can easily get by without the best of the best gear and stats.

The game is beautiful especially with the Neutral Lighting which enhances the atmosphere and it plays pretty well overall but outside of that the loot is still a major issue with inventory management and 99.9999999999999% of it being useless. At this point it's never going to happen (or it already would have) but games like this (and Destiny, etc) need some kind of endless mode that challenges both solo and co-op play while being continuously rewarding. Otherwise all you have is, yay, I got a perfect min/maxed build now....to run the exact same content (or incredibly similar) I've been running for years now over and over again.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, the intent of the "reactivate manhunt" option being implemented was now you can change world difficulties without resetting manhunt

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah, but (in the near future) I would like to see BK and LD both added to the drop tables once you get one. You play the game in the LMG-zone, something red drops, and it is not 5th Pestilence but a second chance at better BK rolls!

+ I don't have any bosses in NY for like two weeks now... Before this week's update, there was no way to change that at least. It is related to CP in NY.
(DC is fine, I have all CP4 green and bosses still spawn)
I'd love to see them hit the loot pool too. I think locking Exotics that aren't guaranteed drops makes it so a lot of content is ignored. I do like that the Seasons have forced me to play missions I haven't in months, but yeah, even if the drop rates are ridiculously low for exotics from any named boss, it'd still make it feel like every activity had a chance to get an upgrade on an exotic. I suspect that we'll see that before the season is over.

I am also looking forward to the NY boss drop change. My biggest disappointment with the expansion has been how the Season has essentially taken place in DC only. I've only made it over to NY to try to drop the Bullet King since finishing the campaign.

I'm at 110 SHD rank/level/whatever and I go days sometimes without playing. That said, there's zero chance I'll play enough to get all the new cosmetics over the next 2-3 weeks even with a lot of free time. There simply isn't enough meaty content for me to do that without growing extremely tired of the game and the min/max-ing of gear even though a lot of folks want to believe it's more important than it is simply isn't all that, well, important in the grand scheme of things as you can easily get by without the best of the best gear and stats.

The game is beautiful especially with the Neutral Lighting which enhances the atmosphere and it plays pretty well overall but outside of that the loot is still a major issue with inventory management and 99.9999999999999% of it being useless. At this point it's never going to happen (or it already would have) but games like this (and Destiny, etc) need some kind of endless mode that challenges both solo and co-op play while being continuously rewarding. Otherwise all you have is, yay, I got a perfect min/maxed build now....to run the exact same content (or incredibly similar) I've been running for years now over and over again.
That's the thing - 80% there gear is absolutely good enough to take on Heroic and Legendary if the builds are right. People get bogged down in thinking that stuff that is below min-max is useless, but in reality, a lot of it is quite good to make builds which then can be slowly upgraded. A fully decked out SHD level'd agent with max attributes everywhere will definitely feel stronger, but right now, the content (outside a couple of broken encounters) is doable by most group makeups as long as they have "good" builds.

re: the "same content" over and over, I have to admit that the Seasons have done just enough for me to feel like I'm not grinding the same thing over and over (it helps the manhunts have me doing missions I haven't in months), but it's true...I really do hope they introduce some variant of Resistance (waves) or Underground (procedurally generated runs) or Survival (ideally letting you start with no gear OR a separate mode where you can keep your current build). Those things would be great as the default activity when there isn't an obvious activity for the day that's worth focusing on.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the season pass was free cuz I would never purchase it for the what the premium track gave you.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm glad the season pass was free cuz I would never purchase it for the what the premium track gave you.
It'll be interesting to see if they change up the rewards for next season. One thing that I hope they implement, isn't dragging out the grind, but instead letting players complete the track multiple times. I would be getting close to a second Exotic cache at this point and having an extra 100 levels of Named items, gear sets etc. with more rolls might prove more useful.

Oct 30, 2017
Get the body shot buff going and it's pretty good, yeh.
Reporting back to say that it feels like a very weak AR to me, even with the talent. I was burning through magazine after magazine. Maybe I'll try it out again whenever the new fixes go live. I think my bread and butter at this point is running with LMG and rifle. The Quiet Roar with 200 rounds and an +15% rate of fire thanks to the Striker set just melts everything.

So far I've been disappointed in every exotic that I've come across except for Chatterbox.

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a "Gear 2.0 for Dummies" resource out there that would help get me up to speed coming back to this after a few months hiatus.

I want to better learn the gear system because all I do now is equip the highest gear score and sell the rest. It's just very overwhelming.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Servers must be getting hammered, seeing a lot of rubber banding and getting killed by guys I emptied clips into who are immortal until the server catches up and they explode.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is there a "Gear 2.0 for Dummies" resource out there that would help get me up to speed coming back to this after a few months hiatus.

I want to better learn the gear system because all I do now is equip the highest gear score and sell the rest. It's just very overwhelming.
If you're still at a point where improving Gear Score is a thing, then you're doing it right. Just equip bigger numbers. There's no real point in focusing on a build makeup until you're GS500+ without the expansion, or level 40 with it.

At that point, it's actually pretty straightforward. DPS builds should focus on red attributes (mostly Weapon damage, crit chance/crit damage, headshot damage, damage to armor, damage to targets out of cover), tanks on blue (armor) and skills on yellow (skill tier, skill haste and either damage or status effects or healing). There are small exceptions here and there, but it's all pretty intuitive. On top of that, at level 30/40 you start to see bars in your UI to show how high a stat is rolled, to know if a piece of gear is good within its archetype.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
What's the best way to achieve a good shield build?

I've seen people stacking armor instead of Skill Tiers.

Why are they doing this? I believe your own armor doesn't affect the shield.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
The additional armor's also useful for when the game just decides your shield doesn't exist for a few moments despite clearly aiming the front part towards the enemy and suddenly half your armor's suddenly gone.

Like yeah I've only had that mainly happen with the deflector shield but it's the only shield that I really gelled with in terms of feeling like I wanted to use it solo instead of feeling like I really should be in a group if I wanted to use this, so it's a bit unfortunate that it's also the one that comes with a 50/50 chance of potential sudden death.

(Honestly I really hope a review of how skills currently work happens at some point, there's way too many skills I categorize as junk due to weird apparent technical issues like the Firefly just spontaneously deciding it doesn't want to exist anymore when I throw it and it flies over an enemy)

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The additional armor's also useful for when the game just decides your shield doesn't exist for a few moments despite clearly aiming the front part towards the enemy and suddenly half your armor's suddenly gone.

Like yeah I've only had that mainly happen with the deflector shield but it's the only shield that I really gelled with in terms of feeling like I wanted to use it solo instead of feeling like I really should be in a group if I wanted to use this, so it's a bit unfortunate that it's also the one that comes with a 50/50 chance of potential sudden death.

(Honestly I really hope a review of how skills currently work happens at some point, there's way too many skills I categorize as junk due to weird apparent technical issues like the Firefly just spontaneously deciding it doesn't want to exist anymore when I throw it and it flies over an enemy)

Thats you getting shot in parts your shield doesnt cover I believe, happens with the biggest shield as well.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Anyone who's completed the Snitch card list for the NYC bosses. Would you mind letting me know who the number 1 card is called, name and nickname.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
Thats you getting shot in parts your shield doesnt cover I believe, happens with the biggest shield as well.
I'm familiar that it's not a total coverage thing, but I had a way better shield experience with the Crusader variant (even if my playstyle + current gear doesn't gel well with it) compared to the Deflector, despite them having the same kind of deal re: the reduced shield coverage. Something about the Deflector just feels completely off in terms of when it provides coverage vs when the game apparently thinks I am openly exposed.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I just started TD2 without playing the first one? Any tips or stuff I need to know? Is the story that interesting or can I just play it for the gameplay and loot? Or do you guys advise to finish the first one first?

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I just started TD2 without playing the first one? Any tips or stuff I need to know? Is the story that interesting or can I just play it for the gameplay and loot? Or do you guys advise to finish the first one first?
The story in both games is very light, with the more interesting elements just coming from the world building. There is nearly no ties between the two games until you get to expansion of Div 2 and even then all you really need to know is the dude you're after was introduced in the first game. If you really wanted, I'm sure there are some "the story so far," but even those will feel more interesting than what you actually experience through cutscenes and gameplay in the first game.

So have at it!

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Wish randoms would sometimes realise when they have a tier6 emp/firefly CC player in their group that they let them start the encounter instead of running in guns blazing.

It's a lot easier to get things under control when the enemy ain't running around.

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Just finished Kenly to get my Level 40 (decent rolls) Diamonback. Without a complete overhaul to the way the missions work and the reward system, don't imagine ever going back.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does targeted loot "stack" e.g. if I run a mission that gives Y in a region that gives X do I get XY or just the missions type?

Just finished Kenly to get my Level 40 (decent rolls) Diamonback. Without a complete overhaul to the way the missions work and the reward system, don't imagine ever going back.

I did it for the first time last night. It actually has some nice ideas in terms of bringing something a bit new to the missions. But each individual mission is too long and overall it's a huge slog. Even worse that at level 40 you are still forced to complete it on story.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Does targeted loot "stack" e.g. if I run a mission that gives Y in a region that gives X do I get XY or just the missions type?

I did it for the first time last night. It actually has some nice ideas in terms of bringing something a bit new to the missions. But each individual mission is too long and overall it's a huge slog. Even worse that at level 40 you are still forced to complete it on story.
First time I enjoyed it fine, but all of the things I dug about it the first time around-the investigations, figuring out the little environmental puzzles, even a boss mechanic, become pretty tedious on replay as you just struggle to beat times where 1/2 the mission is about familiarizing the map. It's pretty clear to me the entire thing was designed with pre-TU8 scaling in mind too. Lots of areas without full cover, enemies attacking from all sides, fire bullets that can down you in one shot, enemies dropping grenades that can one shot, so killing close range enemies is out of the question, etc. (at least on the harder difficulties that is). Just really not fun on repeat on higher difficulties.

But I guess there are enough activities I *do* enjoy repeating that it's okay to have one that was "get the exotic, never return."

OP
OP
shawnoftheshred
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The DARPA mission is garbage tier. Not to mention there's no checkpoints on Heroic.

Fuck.that.noise.
Yup. It's getting patched next week. I'd wait or just play it on Hard now. Not worth the frustration. It seems to me that most of the worst missions in TU8 are post-launch ones, with their more open areas and challenging encounters not gelling the way they shoukd with increased enemy damage, time to kill and one shot mechanics.