• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017
About what? They are very slow in responding.

This is my issue

So I bought the Season Pass content from Humble, go to download The Division last night from Uplay and it says I've played 15 hours and have a max level character. That's strange because I only played for less than an hour during launch.

Boot up the game today and my account is banned. Is this a common issue, or do I just sound insane?

fDYLsR4.png

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
So guessing there's no way to bring a char over from ps4 to Pc?

In any case was debating a few games to dive back into, Division and ESO and decided upon Division since I've heard absolutely nothing but positive feedback and I loved this game to death upon release, hit cap and had nothing to do... So haven't been back since and I'm stoked hearing all the new stuff there is.

Repurchased the gold edition for Pc. Stoked to get back into it

Kildrek

Oct 25, 2017

Once upon a time, I noticed I had a ton of hours racked on rainbow six and quite a few heroes unlocked.

Someone hacked into my account using info from one of the various breaches in security at other places, and my email and password happened to be the same. Since I enabled 2 factor authentication, I occasionally get an email about a request to reset my password, but I now have 2 factor on my email and changed the password as well.

This could very well be what happened to you as well.

EDIT:

I should have read further up. My bad.

Good news is, once you can enable 2 factor, life is great on Uplay.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
So guessing there's no way to bring a char over from ps4 to Pc?

In any case was debating a few games to dive back into, Division and ESO and decided upon Division since I've heard absolutely nothing but positive feedback and I loved this game to death upon release, hit cap and had nothing to do... So haven't been back since and I'm stoked hearing all the new stuff there is.

Repurchased the gold edition for Pc. Stoked to get back into it

No way to do it unfortunately. I'm in your same (opposite) situation: played a lot back on release on PC and a week ago I created a new character on PS4. I thought going through the story again was gonna be a slog but I'm actually enjoying it, story missions in a 4-man group are as fun as always. Cannot wait to hit the end-game

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
No way to do it unfortunately. I'm in your same (opposite) situation: played a lot back on release on PC and a week ago I created a new character on PS4. I thought going through the story again was gonna be a slog but I'm actually enjoying it, story missions in a 4-man group are as fun as always. Cannot wait to hit the end-game

Good to hear man, what made ya bump to ps4, just friends? That was my initial reason going ps4 was a buddy of mine for PvP together but that's all faded by now and another friend who's a big Pc gamer said he'd rock a bit with me and so we're gonna get it going.

How long is it til cap, I can't remember tbh.. But I'll be happy to restart and get my bearings. I fired up my player on ps4 at 30 and just totally discombobulated with everything so I'm excited to restart and just work my way up.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
So is there a way to reliably farm classified gear outside the global event next week, or is it just farmfarmfarm and hope the greens have a folder in the corner? Only really found that classified gear is a thing about a week ago and 5 piece deadEYE with the 20% more DMR damage just sound so damn delicious.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Question I meant to ask was... Is dark zone more optional these days? Put it this way I think that mode was insanely awesome.. However it was stressful as hell and without a set crew I really won't be popping my head in there to much. Can the game be petty much enjoyed without to much DZ action?

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So is there a way to reliably farm classified gear outside the global event next week, or is it just farmfarmfarm and hope the greens have a folder in the corner? Only really found that classified gear is a thing about a week ago and 5 piece deadEYE with the 20% more DMR damage just sound so damn delicious.

Reliably? No.

DZ is the best place, second being Resistance.

If you're looking purely at LPS (loot per second), nothing beats the DZ. Caveat is that you should be able to extract it out. High risk, high reward.

Luckily most rogue groups tend to confine themselves to DZ9 (boosting) or DZ 1-3(manhunt and ganking). So you can reliably farm DZ 6-7, preferably with a group.

Keep an eye on rogue activity, stay together, know where to extract, etc...and you should have some decent drops at the end of your session. Remember, in a group you can share the loot and help each other complete the sets.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
So close to getting my first complete classified set... 5/6 Predator's Mark, 5/6 Striker, 4/6 Reclaimer and 4/6 Sentry atm. D:

Resistance really is the safest way to get classified drops consistently. I started this game about 2 weeks ago, got lvl 30 last week and got lots of classified pieces already. Still don't have a complete set though.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth jumping back into on PS4 if you left after the first incursion and dont have the season pass.

I dont have any friends who still play the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Is it worth jumping back into on PS4 if you left after the first incursion and dont have the season pass.

I dont have any friends who still play the game.

From what I see they've made it really accessible in terms of getting groups via match making etc... So I'd say yes.

And damn I forgot how much I loved this game. I'm having a blast all over and not only that but seeing it in glorious 4k60 is stunning. So happy that I dove back in and to know there's a shit load of content as opposed to before has me really pumped up

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Has anyone had success with Ubisoft livechat before?

If by success you mean getting through to them, then yes. as far as fixing my issue? Not especially. I had a very odd occurrence where my name was changed to something else and they "couldn't" change it back due to some policy about changing your name every 30 days or something.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Sorted my classified banshee earlier and tested in the DZ for afew hours. Damn that extra 25-35% damage to rogues is insane (including the 3/5 piece OOC bonus dmg).

Cleared afew manhunt runs as well as the faster cash in at the terminal is fantastic, couldn't believe how quickly the meter filled up to clear the rank.

Rewards were decent too (another banshee perk on the 6 piece), 9 caches in total with 5 classifieds and 3 exotics.

Without a doubt my go to DZ solo and group load out until I get the final piece to pred or nomad that's for sure. After the reduced timer and additional damage though it'll be tough to swap it out so I'll probably keep it with others in the group running nomad and pred.

OP
OP
deafmedal

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
What weaps were you using?
I'm curious about building up a banshee set, I'm fairly certain that I'm close to a 6 piece if not already there...

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
What are the go to weapons I should be mostly using while leveling? I.E., is there a specific sub-class of guns that are the current meta or just use whatever random gun rewards I get?

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
What are the go to weapons I should be mostly using while leveling? I.E., is there a specific sub-class of guns that are the current meta or just use whatever random gun rewards I get?

While you are leveling up if you mean below 30 everything is fair game, just use what you like to use. Once you get to lv 30 and are trying to increase your gear score (world tier) then you can pay attention to the different kinds of weapons within each type.

Generally at all level the M4 varients are very strong for ARs I do like the G36 types as well. The ACR seems to be the worst along with the FAL. Enemy armor Damage is a very strong PvE damage stat and ARs come with built in enemy armor damage. I find shotguns to be mostly bad until very late game theres a couple exotic shotguns that can be very deadly. SMGs are good for close range and are most peoples PvP weapon of choice because crit chance and crit damage works best against other players.the Mp7 Mp5 variants are very strong. For LMGs the MG5 is generally said to be the best if you don't have a big Al. Marksmen Rifles are funky and its hard to know which is the best one. These i feel are the opposite of shotguns and are very good early on and becomes bad later unless you are running a very specific gear set.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. I'm barely at the beginning so I do have most of the initial 30 levels to go through, but now I know what to look out for once I get close to 30.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Question I meant to ask was... Is dark zone more optional these days? Put it this way I think that mode was insanely awesome.. However it was stressful as hell and without a set crew I really won't be popping my head in there to much. Can the game be petty much enjoyed without to much DZ action?

In terms of loot, nothing in the Dark Zone you cannot get anywhere else.

I guess maybe it's probably the most efficient way of farming Division Tech if you know what you're doing? But missions on the West Side Piers is about the same, in my experience, and much more stress-free since you don't need to worry about arseholes ruining your game there.

Thanks. I'm barely at the beginning so I do have most of the initial 30 levels to go through, but now I know what to look out for once I get close to 30.

Marksman rifle is generally not really viable, or maybe I should say practical, except in very specific circumstance, IMO (like in specific part of Silent Signal, for instance.)

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Been on a private DZ server for 8+ hours. Not a single other player, we have been clearing landmarks, supply drops and contamination events, and extracting them without a care.

So much loot. Tons of exotics and classifieds.

Server is still up btw, trying to keep it going as long as possible. (Ps4)

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Good to hear man, what made ya bump to ps4, just friends? That was my initial reason going ps4 was a buddy of mine for PvP together but that's all faded by now and another friend who's a big Pc gamer said he'd rock a bit with me and so we're gonna get it going.

How long is it til cap, I can't remember tbh.. But I'll be happy to restart and get my bearings. I fired up my player on ps4 at 30 and just totally discombobulated with everything so I'm excited to restart and just work my way up.

Yeah I swapped to PS4 just to play with a couple of friends who are actually farming in the end-game. Still have to finish the campaign so it's gonna take a while till I play with them lol Reaching level 30 and fully upgrading the base will take you around 20-25 hours, then you have the Gear Score cap which is 286 atm I think, don't know how long it takes to reach it

schatuk

Oct 25, 2017
Been on a private DZ server for 8+ hours. Not a single other player, we have been clearing landmarks, supply drops and contamination events, and extracting them without a care.

So much loot. Tons of exotics and classifieds.

Server is still up btw, trying to keep it going as long as possible. (Ps4)

How?

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Went to clear out my stash of 120 items and didn't realise I had 3 classified items in there.

Lucky I didn't destroy them.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I put some time into the game for the first time since the first few months after launch. I forgot how much fun this game is, especially DZ. Nothing like trying to extract your stuffs and hoping someone doesn't steal it.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
Just started playing this last week. I cannot speak for the games launch issues, but I can say the game is fun now. Reminds me of a TPS Diablo right now, which I am obviously enjoying. As for end game, I hope it's engaging enough for my wife and myself to get a good 100+ hours out of the game.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
I might be in
EDIT1: Done. Password changed, 2FA activated.
EDIT2: uuuhhhh
She has nearly full lone star and Banshee Classified.

So they hacked your account, played the game for 15 hrs+ getting exotics and classifieds and doing a decent amount of work in the DZ too! Had you played much of the game previously (Just seen you played less than an hour at launch!). Maybe worth creating a new character for the 1-30 experience and then transferring the gear over between characters once you reach endgame.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
I don't really understand what happened last night in resistance on the powerhouse map - breezed to lvl 15 and then we had three hunters with support stations, easy enough, took out the support stations and focused on one, couldnt make a dent. This was with my 6 piece strikered up M4 pumping out 125k headshots. It was a bit baffling, I assume we did something wrong but it was just odd.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I don't really understand what happened last night in resistance on the powerhouse map - breezed to lvl 15 and then we had three hunters with support stations, easy enough, took out the support stations and focused on one, couldnt make a dent. This was with my 6 piece strikered up M4 pumping out 125k headshots. It was a bit baffling, I assume we did something wrong but it was just odd.

Nope that's what the hunters are like.. They are a huge difficulty spike. I think all of resistance needs rebalencing as the difficulty ramps up way too sharply. Rewards in general need a pass. As resist framing is far and away the best way to get the best gear.

andyp2

Nov 3, 2017
Nope that's what the hunters are like.. They are a huge difficulty spike. I think all of resistance needs rebalencing as the difficulty ramps up way too sharply. Rewards in general need a pass. As resist framing is far and away the best way to get the best gear.

How annoying, I'm sure I got through to 20+ on Carrier but on this one, cannot get passed the buggers in the time limit.

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017
So they hacked your account, played the game for 15 hrs+ getting exotics and classifieds and doing a decent amount of work in the DZ too! Had you played much of the game previously (Just seen you played less than an hour at launch!). Maybe worth creating a new character for the 1-30 experience and then transferring the gear over between characters once you reach endgame.

Maybe eventually, I mainly want to play end game dark zone and pve anyways so the situation is perfect.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
How annoying, I'm sure I got through to 20+ on Carrier but on this one, cannot get passed the buggers in the time limit.
Maybe it was a bug because full strikers should eat them up really. They have infinite health packs and heal each other regularly. I play with 6 piece predator and i melt everything except those stupid hunters lol.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sup guys

Just got into The Division a few days ago with some friends and have been having a blast.

We are all currently around level 16.

My question is: Now that all 3 Expansions have launched, what's the general consensus on the Season Pass? Is the Season Pass worth it? I'm having trouble finding exactly what is added with each expansion, it looks like new game modes (PvP? PvE?) and a randomly generated dungeon type thing?

Is there any new story content? New story missions, any raid-type stuff?

Asking because the Pass is on sale for $20 on Humble for the next 16 hours or so. Was wondering if I should jump on it.

Reading the OP it looks like Expansions I and III include Incursions which are this game's version of an end-game PvE Raid?

Are these Incursions locked behind the expansions?

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Sup guys

Just got into The Division a few days ago with some friends and have been having a blast.

We are all currently around level 16.

My question is: Now that all 3 Expansions have launched, what's the general consensus on the Season Pass? Is the Season Pass worth it? I'm having trouble finding exactly what is added with each expansion, it looks like new game modes (PvP? PvE?) and a randomly generated dungeon type thing?

Is there any new story content? New story missions, any raid-type stuff?

Asking because the Pass is on sale for $20 on Humble for the next 16 hours or so. Was wondering if I should jump on it.

Reading the OP it looks like Expansions I and III include Incursions which are this game's version of an end-game PvE Raid?

Are these Incursions locked behind the expansions?

You basically nailed it. Incursions are end-game raids that are designed to be difficult even w/ maxed out gear. They're impossible to complete without a group. 2 incursions are locked behind DLC.

Survival is a Battle Royale type-hybrid multiplayer mode that has elements of both PvP and PvE. It strips you of all of your gear and compresses the entire game progression into a one hour period or so. Lots of scavenging and crafting, coupled with a running timer (you have an infection) and environmental hazards (it's really cold outside). It's tense and emphasizes exploration in a way that the base game does not. The best DLC, but is basically a dead game mode so expect to play it solo or with a friend group. (Which is totally doable and fun)

Underground is random generated PvE dungeons. Think Diablo meets Division. It's good, especially for end game PvE content. Once you reach max level, the LZ is too barren for PvE and the DZ is too focused on PvP. It offers a nice change of pace from Resistance/WSP.

Last Stand sucks. Nobody plays it, nobody likes it. But you might as well just buy the season pass to get that last incursion.

If you're enjoying the game, you should enjoy the DLC as well. I think I managed to nab the season pass on uPlay in December for $15, so maybe check around to see if you can't get it any cheaper, but $20 is still a decent deal for a good amount of content if you're having fun.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
$20 for season pass is not bad.

Underground - PVE loot dungeons with mission modifiers.
Survival - PVE/PVP timed mode where you start with nothing, scavenge gear and try to survive till you can extract.
Last Stand - PVP mode which puts large number of players against each other fighting to control objectives.

Initially the newer incursions were added with the DLC's - but I'm not sure if they made them available to everyone or if they are still locked behind the DLC.
The first 2 incursions - Falcon Lost and Clear Skies are for everyone.

The DLC's didn't add anything to the story or missions.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You basically nailed it. Incursions are end-game raids that are designed to be difficult even w/ maxed out gear. They're impossible to complete without a group. 2 incursions are locked behind DLC.

Survival is a Battle Royale type-hybrid multiplayer mode that has elements of both PvP and PvE. It strips you of all of your gear and compresses the entire game progression into a one hour period or so. Lots of scavenging and crafting, coupled with a running timer (you have an infection) and environmental hazards (it's really cold outside). It's tense and emphasizes exploration in a way that the base game does not. The best DLC, but is basically a dead game mode so expect to play it solo or with a friend group. (Which is totally doable and fun)

Underground is random generated PvE dungeons. Think Diablo meets Division. It's good, especially for end game PvE content. Once you reach max level, the LZ is too barren for PvE and the DZ is too focused on PvP. It offers a nice change of pace from Resistance/WSP.

Last Stand sucks. Nobody plays it, nobody likes it. But you might as well just buy the season pass to get that last incursion.

If you're enjoying the game, you should enjoy the DLC as well. I think I managed to nab the season pass on uPlay in December for $15, so maybe check around to see if you can't get it any cheaper, but $20 is still a decent deal for a good amount of content if you're having fun.

$20 for season pass is not bad.

Underground - PVE loot dungeons with mission modifiers.
Survival - PVE/PVP timed mode where you start with nothing, scavenge gear and try to survive till you can extract.
Last Stand - PVP mode which puts large number of players against each other fighting to control objectives.

Initially the newer incursions were added with the DLC's - but I'm not sure if they made them available to everyone or if they are still locked behind the DLC.
The first 2 incursions - Falcon Lost and Clear Skies are for everyone.

The DLC's didn't add anything to the story or missions.
\

Thanks guys! I'll talk this over with my group, it's only 4 of us so I think we'll either all the pass or none of us will haha

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
I've had astounding luck today just derping from landmark to landmark in the DZ. Pulled two pieces of Lone Star classified today, which is great, because I've been using Lone Star/Double Cassidy to shred through the landmarks and most of the fizzles who try to kill me. I also got a Big Alejandro from a boss running my daily undergrounds that my friend was jealous of so I imagine it must be good, and finally got a ninja backpack and golden rhino. Starting to really get into a swing with this game it never had on me back when I first played it, I actually feel like playing it even when I'm the only one online.

Edit Question:

What's the max gear score now? I thought it was 286, but I have gear up at 288-289

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I've played with people who had 290 GS, so prolly around that? Those guys had everything optimized.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Another almost empty DZ server today (still going).

So much loot. Completed 2 more classified sets.

I've played with people who had 290 GS, so prolly around that? Those guys had everything optimized.

Optimizing that high is meaningless, the only thing that goes up is armor by a small amount after a point.

It's basically just a time sink for players who got nothing else to achieve or just want to see numbers go up.

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017
I have a 5 piece Striker set now.

I followed Marcos solo Striker build guide, but I don't quite have all the mods to add to the gear. Anything else I should be doing? Using the optimization station?

I've made quite a few runs in the DZ and haven't found an M4 somehow, so I bought one from a DZ vendor.

I also don't have the medical wing fully unlocked yet, so I don't have all the talents and abilities unlocked. Working through that.

Last edited: