• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Division 2 leaked video details (now taken down by Ubisoft)
Div2 leaked video taken down by Ubisoft, apparently set in Washington DC, few months after the events of Div1. Wave 2 agents going up against the US govt that wiped out the wave 1 agents.[/SPOILER]

Not doubting the video's content, but in respect to the Wave 1 agents:
They were wiped out by the US government? Quite a few in NY did go rogue in support of Keener, joining factions like the LMB, but many more perished in the DZ/LZ fighting for the SHD/US gov. interests in cooperation with its JTF assets. Or is this merely a mistaken identification of the LMB as being part of the US government?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Hey guys, newcomer to the game here. I'm on PC (located in Pakistan so I mainly play with European folks).

I just got to level 30 and feel a bit overwhelmed with what to do and which activities to engage in. Is there a primer or wiki that explains the " end-game "?

Also would love to group up with folks from here sometime.

schatuk

Oct 25, 2017
Bah. Finished the GE with 4 pieces of each classy set and so, so many duplicates. Every exotic I got was a duplicate too. Poor showing all round. Roll on 1.81 when I can go for the missing pieces properly

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Man GE is being crap to me. I need Dead Eye kneepads last week and opened atleast 40 caches with everything being Final Measure or Lone Star. This week I wanted better Striker gloves. Even though I got 6 piece wanted a better role since mine have Marksman damage lol. Again opened a good amount of caches and offered everything apart from those gloves.

Lastly Tier 3 how does it work lmfao. Got into Tier 3 both at the start but come last hour for reset we always get pushed into Tier 2 even though we grinded for the final hours and got 8-9k GE each.

At least I got all the masks. Incursion was a breeze, done it with no health stations or going down so completed Pig and Clown in one attempt.

Last edited:

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Not doubting the video's content, but in respect to the Wave 1 agents:
They were wiped out by the US government? Quite a few in NY did go rogue in support of Keener, joining factions like the LMB, but many more perished in the DZ/LZ fighting for the SHD/US gov. interests in cooperation with its JTF assets. Or is this merely a mistaken identification of the LMB as being part of the US government?

It's a big part of the story that has been left vague by the devs, obviously to set up the next game. As far as speculation goes, there isn't much to discuss in the first place.

I hope they flesh out the story and have a lot more memorable and interactive NPCs in the sequel. It's one of my biggest gripes with The Division.

Hey guys, newcomer to the game here. I'm on PC (located in Pakistan so I mainly play with European folks).

I just got to level 30 and feel a bit overwhelmed with what to do and which activities to engage in. Is there a primer or wiki that explains the " end-game "?

Also would love to group up with folks from here sometime.

Hi, join the discord (for LFG, discussions, tips, etc). Also I linked a new players guide on the previous page, check it out and hope it helps.

Man GE is being crap to me. I need Dead Eye kneepads last week and opened atleast 40 caches with everything being Final Measure or Lone Star.

This week I wanted better Striker gloves. Even though I got 6 piece wanted a better role since mine have Marksman damage lol. Again opened a good amount of caches and offered everything apart from those gloves.

Lastly Tier 3 how does it work lmfao. Got into Tier 3 both at the start but come last hour for reset we always get pushed into Tier 2 even though we grinded for the final hours and got 8-9k GE each.

Exploiters set up big scores for tier 3 leaderboards and that ends up pushing a lot of good scores down to tier 2. Also tiers based on farmed credits per hour is a terrible system for a rewards based leaderboard. You are basically forced to speed farm Clear Sky and save up skirmishl/LS caches to be able to stay on tier 3. The rewards are mostly cosmetic so don't even worry about them too much tbh.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
Ended the weekend with a 6pc Sentry but only 5pc each for Striker and Reclaimer. I really wanted to complete Striker or Reclaimer but RNG kept mocking with endless Sentry dupes.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
I got back to the game right when Strike was almost over. From what I remember, it's better to have some distance and Tactician did really well 'cause it could one-shot groups of enemies. It's basically the opposite of Assault. I remember dying a lot because I was too close to exploding groups and getting the Strike-Back damage as well. All the new Striker players are gonna be bummed when they run in and get blown up.

Nice thanks for the Info, may dig out my bfb/seeker build then and just watch the world burn :) no face tanking with striker shotgun this time round!

That 150 riker boss kill mask commendation sound like hell on earth as well, seen some videos of people just farming larare in Lex for a couple of hours or more :( may give that mask a miss with it being a short GE.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Unless the masks are like good for RP fashion I might just skip it anyway. Kinda understand they shoved in all these cosmetics in the lootbox stuff but the available cosmetics they had at launch from exploration felt more than enough. Especially cause the Assault masks are like a little one the top and I'd never equip them anyway.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Anyone have issues with uPlay downloading patches/games for PC?
I thought I'd give the PTS a try but after afew seconds uPlay comes to a halt after hitting 25-30MB/s literally seconds after I launch the uPlay client.

uplay.jpg

The above is actually doing nothing and been on 5 minutes for half an hour.

I close the client in task manager and start it up again and the same thing happens, downloads for afew seconds then hangs.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Well that was painless thankfully, 3 caches in on Strike GE and got the 2 pieces I needed to complete my D3FNC set :)

Deadeye is so no nice with these modifiers and getting a chain reaction on a group of mobs spawning in a corridor or at a door way is awesome.

Dthomp

Oct 25, 2017
I was curious if there was anybody here that would be willing to boost "I am the law" since gong into the dz solo has netted me zero kills and lots of rage. I also need United we stand for my last couple trophies to finish up all the main game stuff.

PSN is same as username here, CST and am around most of the daytime into the early hours.

Hewlett

Oct 27, 2017
I was curious if there was anybody here that would be willing to boost "I am the law" since gong into the dz solo has netted me zero kills and lots of rage. I also need United we stand for my last couple trophies to finish up all the main game stuff.

PSN is same as username here, CST and am around most of the daytime into the early hours.

I'd be willing to trade kills back and forth. No way am I getting 20 legit kills on my own anytime soon.

I just started a new character recently so I could use it to die without losing DZ rank on my main. PSN is GuerrillaGrodd. I'm usually on in the evenings around 7-10pm EST. I'll send you a friend's request later today.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
What's the best solo non classified build right now?

I'm guessing Tactician with a turret and seeker mines? That's really not my play-style personally but I think that was what a lot of players were using previously. Maybe try a balanced Reclaimer build.

This is with PvE in mind. If looking for PvP...I have no idea.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
I'm guessing Tactician with a turret and seeker mines? That's really not my play-style personally but I think that was what a lot of players were using previously. Maybe try a balanced Reclaimer build.

This is with PvE in mind. If looking for PvP...I have no idea.
Yeah I was looking for a pre build to farm resistance

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
So when ambush GE finishes which started today, they are running all GE's next week for 47 hours each with a 1 hour break then the next GE will start.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Iiiiinteresting. I will probably try to casually farm up 10k GE credits this weekend and spend them all attempting to get Striker kneepads next week.

I'll be doing similar for acouple of pieces I wouldn't mind being better. I'll abuse ambush to 10k and then just wait until next week.

They might as well just throw in the drops patch in rather than this GE stuff.
That would've been nice, especially the div tech changes. I've currently got over 30 caches saved up (a mix of weeklies and exotics) to get a good amount of div tech and exotics that aren't from the vendor :)

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
That's part of the reason to have updates at regular intervals, keeping players interested.

March - GE's all month long.
April - Patch and update, 2 additional legendary missions, better drop rates, new GE etc.
May - 2nd new GE.
June onward - Shields to earn for Division 2.

unknown.png

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maaaaan the Superior Cache gods have not been kind to me this time around in Ambush. Just wanting to complete my 6 piece Hunter's Faith and my 5 piece Tactician's and I cannot get either :(

On the upside, it's hilariously easy to solo WarrenGate Legendary with my Tac build so that's 1.5K GE credits every 10-15 min, mixing in some speed runs through Lex and Hudson when it gets monotonous, but it is so demoralizing to see 9K worth of GE credits spent without even 1 desired piece dropping.

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was a free-to-play weekend this weekend since Steam is doing an Ubisoft sale. :( Didn't really get the chance to play The Division during its last free weekend and December but I've always been kind of tempted by it.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a Ninjabike after blasting out a set of 900GE caches.

On one hand, could try to get more classy Tact pieces, on the other hand, probably already have like complete sets of classy FC/AB/HM already from trying to open superior caches

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I figure this has been asked a thousand times, but is the Season Pass worth buying at this point?

It's currently on sale for $12, which is a solid price but I don't know how the population is faring on PC for those new modes. When I tried Underground during the free trial, I couldn't find any matches.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I figure this has been asked a thousand times, but is the Season Pass worth buying at this point?

It's currently on sale for $12, which is a solid price but I don't know how the population is faring on PC for those new modes. When I tried Underground during the free trial, I couldn't find any matches.

At that price, if you like the game and plan on playing it more, I would buy it.

Access to 2 more incursions.
Underground (while monotonous) with modifiers can change things up, is easy loot farm and the only pve mode with hunters.
Survival is a great mode for the experience and is probably worth the $12 alone.
Last stand and skirmish can be fun if you like pvp and don't want to risk your loot in the dark zone.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
At that price, if you like the game and plan on playing it more, I would buy it.

Access to 2 more incursions.
Underground (while monotonous) with modifiers can change things up, is easy loot farm and the only pve mode with hunters.
Survival is a great mode for the experience and is probably worth the $12 alone.
Last stand and skirmish can be fun if you like pvp and don't want to risk your loot in the dark zone.
Thanks!

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Finally got another house today that I've been after to use with my PVE D3 build, came with Deadly and Destructive. They're the 2 I wanted but just wondered if anyone had any other recommendations to try? I can't unlock Respsonive due to the requirements for it so think the 2 it came with are the best 2 to stick with especially with it being for PVE?

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Deadly isn't too bad unless maybe you can afford ferocious. Or Predatory, though I suppose it's just as easy to carry a second SMG to have predatory instead.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Finally got another house today that I've been after to use with my PVE D3 build, came with Deadly and Destructive. They're the 2 I wanted but just wondered if anyone had any other recommendations to try? I can't unlock Respsonive due to the requirements for it so think the 2 it came with are the best 2 to stick with especially with it being for PVE?

Yes, for D3FNC SMG damage in PVE you can't get better than those two; although it depends on how much crit dmg you already have - if you're already 120 or so, then you'll get more value from Ferocious or even Brutal than Deadly.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Deadly isn't too bad unless maybe you can afford ferocious. Or Predatory, though I suppose it's just as easy to carry a second SMG to have predatory instead.

Yes, for D3FNC SMG damage in PVE you can't get better than those two; although it depends on how much crit dmg you already have - if you're already 120 or so, then you'll get more value from Ferocious or even Brutal than Deadly.

Thanks guys. I've gone for skill power on the backpack amongst other places to get the shield health up so missing abit of CHD there so will stick with Deadly.

And finally after all these months I finally get the last classified piece from a Proficiency Cache! Predator mask completes all the sets :)

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Afew highlights from SOTG today:

1.8.1 due April 12th (Thursday)
- Amherst, Grand Central legendaries
- Blackout GE coming a week or 2 after
- Increased drop rates
- Phx Credit Classified Cache
- More D-Tech from Daily, Weekly and Supply Drop caches
- Vendor exotics removed from cache loot pool
- 20% chance for Classified drop from lengendary mission completion reward
- Xbox X patch with 1.8.1 4k rendering, improved shadows/reflections etc
- New masks with new GE's

Last edited:

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Washington D.C. would be a great follow up setting to New York, and a lot better in a lot of ways (most buildings are pretty short due to height restrictions) -- really hope they make the map much more vertical, similar to the DZ.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought the Gold Edition on Xbox Live Spring sale for $27. I find that's a good price no?

I had the regular version on my PS4 and went through campaign and played a little end game but never bought season pass. The upcoming X patch, Division 2, plus the itch to play this again got me.

How long does it take to go through the first part of the initial campaign ? I know I have to reach level 30 before end game but wanted to ask what's the quickest way of getting through it.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
I could not get a pair of classy striker gloves, but I definitely finished off Sentry and I'm pretty sure Reclaimer at this point. Will actually give those a shot though.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also a 204 LVOA-C at Terminal for your skill builds looking for low cost talents

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
played my first game of survival. what have i been missing on. easily one of my favorite gaming experiences in recent time. on my 3rd attempt managed to get to DZ, call helicopter and kill hunter, only reason i couldn't extract is cause the first time i went to the extraction area i didn't know you had to craft a flare gun so i had to go back into safehouse to craft one then come back around and call extraction, ended up running out of time, only needed to stay alive for 43 more seconds for helicopter to arrive but i didn't have any medicine or antibiotics.

goat game mode.

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Yup once you learn survival and know the routes for best loot it's the best. Just did a 2 hour run and got 8 Survival caches. You can get to daytime also and it looks great with the weather. Defo my goto mode atm.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Today's SOTG was more community focused. Main news is the update still drops on the 12th and it's been confirmed there is MK3 vanity caches coming to the premium vendor. I for one am glad to see MK3 caches as I've quite afew keys saved up and got what I want from the first and second caches :)

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Update is live, patch notes are:

Update 1.8.1 - Patch Notes
Global Event 5 – Blackout

Blackout
  • Always active: Agents are equipped with Shock Ammo that stuns enemies. Shooting or running builds your Charge meter - the more Charge, the more damage you inflict.

Extreme Blackout
  • Blackout behavior, plus you can instantly kill enemies with Overcharged melee attacks, but if you miss you will stun yourself and your allies.

Total Blackout
  • Extreme Blackout behavior, plus your Charge meter will cool down faster when close to other group members.

Global Event 6 – Onslaught

Onslaught
  • Always active; Deal Burn, Bleed, and Gas effects to enemies in addition to normal damage. Reload to change the effect.

Savage Onslaught
  • Onslaught behavior, enemies are vulnerable to one effect type and resistant to others. Agents take increased damage from resistant enemies.

Brutal Onslaught
  • Savage Onslaught behavior, plus when two or more group members kill a vulnerable enemy within two seconds, each member can reload to gain a damage bonus for a single clip.

New Commendation
  • Over 40 new Commendations unlockable in the new Global Events.

New Legendary Difficulty Missions
  • Amherst's Apartment.
  • Grand Central Station.

Game Changes
  • Division Tech increases
    • Daily Combat, Crafting, Survival and Dark Zone Quests now reward the player with 25 Div Tech each.
    • Weekly Open World and Weekly Underground Assignments reward the player with 100 Div Tech each.
    • Season Pass Supply Drops now award 100 Division Tech.
  • Vendor Changes
    • Added a Classified Gear cache to the Special Vendor that guarantees 1 Classified Gear piece from the entire pool.
  • Global Events Vendor
    • Removed the basic cache from the vendor.
    • Each Global Event will now have individual caches per Classified Gear set for that Global Event. This allows the player to purchase, for example, a Fire Crest cache that guarantees one item from that set.
    • Bosses in the Resistance game mode now award 100 Global Event tokens.
  • Exotic Loot drops
    • Removed Premium Vendor Exotics from Open World loot pool and Exotic Caches
    • All Exotics added to the Open World Bosses.
  • Classified Gear Drop Rates
    • Classified Drop Rates chances have been increased in all locations.
    • Legendary Missions now have a 20% chance to give Classified Gear as a reward at the completion of the mission
    • Season Pass Supply Drops now have a 10% chance to drop Classified Gear.
    • Survival Caches now has a roughly 10% chance to drop Classified Gear.
  • Classified Gear
    • Classified Firecrest 6 piece talent now makes the player immune to the fiery explosion caused by the burning targets.

Bug Fixes

Skills
  • Fixed an issue where the Mobile Cover Blast Shield mod explosion had no effect.
  • Fixed an issue where the Sticky Bomb Disruptor mod and the base Seeker Mine would affect neutral players in the Dark Zone.
  • Fixed an issue where the UI indicated that certain Support Station mods were affecting neutral players.

Global Events
  • Players are no longer able to kill Joe Ferro using explosives from the Strike Global Event while he is still in the spawning room.

Dark Zone
  • Fixed an issue where a player dying during the Manhunt Interact caused the sound to loop.
  • The "Group gone Rogue" message no longer appears when a player with Rogue status enters the game while not in a group.
  • Fixed an issue where the UI for the Rogue timers would flash between different times.
  • Fixed various locations in the Dark Zone where the player could get stuck.

Underground
  • Certain Named NPCs tended to disappear from the Underground. We forced them back.
  • Fixed issues related to a confused JTF officer.
  • Fixed a weird door.

Survival
  • Fixed the display of the Survival weekly assignment for players under maximum level.

Missions
  • Fixed an issue where players would only receive one cache instead of three when completing the secret mission.

Commendations
  • "Marathon" Commendation now requires players to access the Camp Clinton safe house in order to unlock.
  • The "Facetime" Commendation now tracks requirements appropriately.
  • Fixed the activity modifier requirement for some Global Event commendations.
  • "Search and Destroy" Commendation now tracks for missions completed.
  • "Flawless Underground" Commendation has been fixed to be awarded when all conditions are met.
  • "Directive Executive" Commendation now awards when the proper conditions are met.
  • Commendations for the Global Event: Assault will no longer appear if the Global Event is not active.

Gear
  • Fixed an issue where the area of effect of the Firecrest fire was larger than the visuals indicated.

World
  • Fixed an issue where players were getting stuck on a concrete block in West Side Pier.
  • Fixed an instance in West Side Pier where players could get stuck outside playable area.
  • Somehow located and removed an invisible ladder.
  • There was a wall in Pier 93 that didn't look right. It looks right now. We also fixed a weird ramp in there.
  • There was a corrupted texture outside of the Carrier. It has been rehabilitated.
  • Agents can no longer see outside of the game world in certain locations of Last Stand.
  • Fixed evil trash bin and bags.

Console
  • Players will now be disconnected from the game servers when logging out of their PlayStation accounts.
  • Fixed an issue where the player would get stuck on the loading screen when accepting a console game invite while on the loading screen.

Misc
  • Fixed various technical issues that would make the game crash on PC.
  • "Time Played" now appears on the Agent Selection screen instead of "Last Played".

Premium Store
  • There were tabs in the store that appeared empty. We filled them.
  • Players can no longer see secondary weapons when previewing backpack skins.