• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Recently hit max level again and have been messing with all the new end game pve stuff... Pretty awesome! Almost overwhelming actually, just a ton of activities and things to do. Makes me wonder how much of this will carry over to Division 2 at launch. I quit Division 1 not too far into it because the end game at launch was pretty bad. If Division 2 can start off with some of this stuff now present in Division 1 that'd be so badass and really extend the life of the game for me.

Also, funny how the Dark zone still seems to be garbage. Not quite sure how they could balance it unless they just make everyone on the same level (which i thought i read division 2 might be doing??) But like lastnight, extracting stuff with 2 of my buddies and a random solo guy appeared next to us. For a bit he just stood there (maybe inspecting us?) then started unloading on us. 3v1 and we couldn't do shit, he just mindlessly ran around dropping us one by one. It'd be one thing if these fights were intense shootouts from behind cover where it felt like I was outplayed by a skilled opponent but most of these battles never feel that way at all. This guy didn't do anything special, not even taking cover, and just absorbed our bullets and casually took us all out. Well done.

Oct 25, 2017
This will sound dumb but

I just got this on game pass and just beat the tutorial and am now in the city. I do a side mission, kill Michelle Mason... some baddie on a roof top. It says level 2 mission. I'm level 4.

I die in 4 hits. She can hit me through cover. She has like six shield bars that recover when I die. I've been trying probably 15 times now. Am I missing something? Is this a joke?

Oct 27, 2017
I finally bought The Division, which I'll try to start playing this weekend.
I just noticed they have monthly events that unlock exclusive rewards for the game and the upcoming sequel.
For this month, it's these:
  • Shepherd - Unlock the Base of Operations
  • Avenger - Eliminate 10 Named bosses in Manhattan, 10 in the Dark Zone, and 10 in West Side Piers
  • Deadeye - Complete all weekly High Value Targets
  • Hazard - Clear 25 landmarks in the Dark Zone
Is any of these doable, quickly, for someone who is about to start the game, and doesn't have much time available for the rest of the month?
Any tips?

thanks

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
I finally bought The Division, which I'll try to start playing this weekend.
I just noticed they have monthly events that unlock exclusive rewards for the game and the upcoming sequel.
For this month, it's these:
  • Shepherd - Unlock the Base of Operations
  • Avenger - Eliminate 10 Named bosses in Manhattan, 10 in the Dark Zone, and 10 in West Side Piers
  • Deadeye - Complete all weekly High Value Targets
  • Hazard - Clear 25 landmarks in the Dark Zone
Is any of these doable, quickly, for someone who is about to start the game, and doesn't have much time available for the rest of the month?
Any tips?

thanks

Not really, some require substantial progress like the weekly (endgame) HVTs, especially those out later this year.

However, Shields are always available for unlocking (like Commendations) until The Division 2 drops. The additional new ones are released on a monthly basis.

Oct 27, 2017
Not really, some require substantial progress like the weekly (endgame) HVTs, especially those out later this year.

However, Shields are always available for unlocking (like Commendations) until The Division 2 drops. The additional new ones are released on a monthly basis.
So, the Shields will be around until the sequel arrives? That's great, I'm glad I misunderstood how it works (I thought they released monthly, and would be gone after that), since I'll barely have time to play for the next 3 weeks, due to work comitments, but after that I can properly play it frequently.

Thanks for the info. :)

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I will admit that since the announcement of The Division 2, I actually got the Game Pass to play The Division again, and holy hell is the end game so much better than it was a few months after launch. I admit that when I got to 30 and about level 20 in the Dark Zone, I lost interest in the game and moved on, but now I'm actually playing The Division more than OverWatch and Monster Hunter World right now.

I think my main overall goal would be to clean up the achievements I didn't get while also working on the commandments for when The Division 2 launches next year (even if it is all purely cosmetics).

Just need to figure out the best way to farm up the best weapons and armors while trying to level up the underground so that I can do the weekly assignments easier (since I'm only at level 23 in the underground and I need to be at 35 so that I can actually do the 3 phase hard challenge).

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I just picked this up on the PSN sale for $15 (the base game) - how's the community? Can I reasonably expect to make decent progress solo? Am I missing out on a bunch of QoL stuff by not getting the expansions?

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I just picked this up on the PSN sale for $15 (the base game) - how's the community? Can I reasonably expect to make decent progress solo? Am I missing out on a bunch of QoL stuff by not getting the expansions?

Play around with the base game and once you are leveled up, have done some incursions and legendary missions, acquired classified gear sets etc, then you can decide if that's enough or do you want to pay more for the expansions.

Honestly, there is no need. The devs added plenty of free content to base and 2 of the 3 dlcs are barely worth buying, so I think you'll be fine.

We have a discord sever (link in the OP) if you want to join. Players are coming back to the game for seasonal events and shields to unlock stuff for division 2.

The dlcs only add game modes so you're not going to miss any QoL stuff. And with the sale I'd expect more people would be leveling up so you may have good results in matchmaking. You can easily solo the story missions though.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Play around with the base game and once you are leveled up, have done some incursions and legendary missions, acquired classified gear sets etc, then you can decide if that's enough or do you want to pay more for the expansions.

Honestly, there is no need. The devs added plenty of free content to base and 2 of the 3 dlcs are barely worth buying, so I think you'll be fine.

We have a discord sever (link in the OP) if you want to join. Players are coming back to the game for seasonal events and shields to unlock stuff for division 2.

The dlcs only add game modes so you're not going to miss any QoL stuff. And with the sale I'd expect more people would be leveling up so you may have good results in matchmaking. You can easily solo the story missions though.

Thanks! I'm not against playing with others, I just figured most people were long past a lot of the early stuff.

OP
OP
deafmedal

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Ruthless is your new avi the POP! figure? Saw that ugly ass shit this past weekend and had a good laugh! They even had that one chick and the dumb bird lol

Aumann

Nov 11, 2017
Is there any way to disable the UI Shadow effect? It makes everything in the menu look as if it has a 3D effect on it, which I dont find appealing.

Brink

Dec 18, 2017

Which DLCs aren't worth buying?

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Last Stand if you are on PC is the only maybe, because the PVP mode queues are pretty much dead. Otherwise UG is a cool endless D3-rift style dungeon generator, and survival mode is a really cool concept that's really fun to try to beat.

Through free updates they added a new area that is Dark-Zone-esque PVE only. It does get a bit boring though. They also added a horde mode for free along with a PVP skirmish mode (again, pretty much dead on PC). Survival remixes the original map and underground is its own thing and both fun in their own right. If you absolutely enjoyed the journey to 30 they are both worth it. PVP depending on your tastes/platform though it's probably easier to find the season pass on sale or bundled with the game together.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
So I picked this up on Steam the other day, just got the main base and have a question about the Reclaim vendor.

There is a bunch of weapons I can claim for free, on the vendor they are currently level 4. Do these scale based on the level I am when I claim them or always at that level 4? Kinda silly if its the later when one is a exotic at level 4.

There is also some caches (below) that are on the vendor I can claim. Are the contents level predetermined so I can claim them immediately or do the contents scale based on the level I am when I claim them?

Reactivation D3-FNC Cache
Reactivation FireCrest Set Cache
Reactivation Strikers Set Cache
Reactivation Currency Cache
Reactivation High End Gear Cache
Reactivation Weapons Cache
Reactivation Mods Cache

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So I picked this up on Steam the other day, just got the main base and have a question about the Reclaim vendor.

There is a bunch of weapons I can claim for free, on the vendor they are currently level 4. Do these scale based on the level I am when I claim them or always at that level 4? Kinda silly if its the later when one is a exotic at level 4.

There is also some caches (below) that are on the vendor I can claim. Are the contents level predetermined so I can claim them immediately or do the contents scale based on the level I am when I claim them?

Reactivation D3-FNC Cache
Reactivation FireCrest Set Cache
Reactivation Strikers Set Cache
Reactivation Currency Cache
Reactivation High End Gear Cache
Reactivation Weapons Cache
Reactivation Mods Cache

The level 4 stuff will remain as is, and that's useless for someone past that level. It's mostly pre-order/season pass stuff for starting characters.

The Reactivation packs were added recently to help new or returning players get some endgame gear and currency without grinding. Make sure you claim the packs before 16th July but you can just keep them in your inventory till you can access world tier 5 and 256 Gear score items - that is when you want to open those caches - as they will scale.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
The level 4 stuff will remain as is, and that's useless for someone past that level. It's mostly pre-order/season pass stuff for starting characters.

The Reactivation packs were added recently to help new or returning players get some endgame gear and currency without grinding. Make sure you claim the packs before 16th July but you can just keep them in your inventory till you can access world tier 5 and 256 Gear score items - that is when you want to open those caches - as they will scale.
Thanks

Nov 14, 2017
Thinking about jumping back into this game. Is it better just to start a new character or try to pick up where I left off? Also is there a way I can check out my character and gear on a website or an app like with Destiny?

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Thinking about jumping back into this game. Is it better just to start a new character or try to pick up where I left off? Also is there a way I can check out my character and gear on a website or an app like with Destiny?
I just did this yesterday! It took me an hour or so to reacquaint myself with the game, but I'm glad I did that instead of starting a new character.

There's a huge amount of new stuff, but it was easy enough to pick up.

I don't think there's a companion app.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Underground Shield is live.
Reach rank 10
Kill 10 Hunters
Complete 10 phases

UG will be free for everyone for a week.
Only reaching rank 10 is retroactive for those that have already done the above requirements so you'll need to kill 10 more hunters and complete 10 more phases.

Last edited:

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Shit, man. I don't recall the game being this tough (playing on normal). I played a little bit on PS4 years ago and am restarting on Xbox. Did they tweak the difficulty?! I get ruthlessly flanked from every direction. IDK, maybe I'm just rusty.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, man. I don't recall the game being this tough (playing on normal). I played a little bit on PS4 years ago and am restarting on Xbox. Did they tweak the difficulty?! I get ruthlessly flanked from every direction. IDK, maybe I'm just rusty.
Yes, enemies were tweaked a while back. Less bullet spongy, but much more aggressive.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Returning player, anyone have any tips for farming Classified? Doing okay with weapons (LVOA-C and Showstopper with good talents) and I think I'm ready to start building up my classy stash.

Nov 14, 2017
Started playing again last night. I'm level 19 and got my ass kicked on the Lexington Event Center mission. I think I'm just too low-leveled. I saw there were side missions to do but is that the best way to level up or should I replay story missions?

Nov 14, 2017
Started playing again last night. I'm level 19 and got my ass kicked on the Lexington Event Center mission. I think I'm just too low-leveled. I saw there were side missions to do but is that the best way to level up or should I replay story missions?
Anyone want to help me with this mission? I've been trying to matchmake for help but it's just been spinning for nearly 5 minutes now.

Nov 14, 2017
So I was watching some video on YouTube about and I guess I missed out on the reactivation caches? Do we know if they'll make another appearance?

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Survival free for a week starting 16th August so anyone wanting the relating shield who doesn't own the DLC that'll be the time to do it.

Shield info:
Extract 5 items in survival
Survive for a total of 5 hours
Kill 5 hunters

For all survival players new and old please note: None are retroactive so everyone will need to do the above requirements for the shield.

GE strike coming in August but no date confirmed except it won't overlap the free survival week.

Oct 30, 2017
Those shields have brought me back to the game and I really still enjoy playing all the modes.

Playing solo in the Underground at a lower difficulty and taking my time to enjoy the levels and all the details. Game in 4k is really amazing. The lighting, the level details and the soundtrack all put together create and ambiance like no other game for me.

If The Division 2 is as polished as what we have now (Massive have put so much work in post launch patches and updates) we are in for a treat!

Can't wait to see what the next shields are and this will keep me playing the game until Div2 is out.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
State of the game news:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...e_august_16th_2018/?utm_source=reddit-android

Key points:
Phoenix shield is live for survival
Survival free week has started
Striker re work for PVP only (PVE remains the same)
Run in place fix deployed
Support station master mod drop and pop scales healing to electronics rather than a fixed amount of hp

I'm pleased they're trying pve/pvp balances separately for a change and hope to see more of that in division 2.

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Update 1.8.3 is live today, here are thepatch notes. Also, the free Survival DLC access for the Phoenix shield release has been extended through Monday at about 9am CEST.

• Classified Gear
      • Striker's Battlegear
        • EMP now pauses stack accumulation and bonus damage and healing are not applied. Existing stacks are lost with time and by missing shots.
        • Classified Striker bonus heal rate is reduced and shots landed only add +1 stack to each bonus when playing in the Dark Zone, Last Stand, and Skirmish.
        • Full text in-game:
          • 4 piece bonus: Every consecutive hit deals 1% more damage. Stacks up to 100%. Missing shots drops bonus by 2%. Bonus is reduced by 1% every second. It is not possible to gain stacks and bonus damage is not applied while under the effects of EMP. Bonus is lost when exiting combat.
          • 6 piece bonus: Every hit adds 2 stacks of a self-healing bonus; each stack is worth 0.01% of max health per second. Stacks up to 100 hits. This bonus is increased by 0.05% per stack for every 3000 Stamina. Missing shots drops the bonus by 1 stack and the bonus is reduced by 2 stacks every second. It is not possible to gain stacks and the self-healing bonus is not applied while under the effects of EMP. Bonus is lost when exiting combat. While in the Dark Zone, Last Stand, or Skirmish, each hit only adds 1 stack instead of 2 and the healing rate is reduced.
          • Every hit increases the bonus damage from Striker's Battlegear by an additional 1%. Missing shots drops the bonus damage from Striker's Battlegear by 1% and the bonus is reduced by 2% every second. While in the Dark Zone, Last Stand, or Skirmish, the additional 1% bonus damage is not applied.
    • Skills
      • Support Station Master Mod
        • When disabling a Support Station with the Master Mod the heal now scales depending on how long the skill has been active.
    • Weapons
      • Showstopper
        • Fixed an issue where the Showstopper could fire extra rounds. Note that while the extra shot does not go off, the sound and controller rumble for that extra shot are still present in the game.
        • The snap aim of the Showstopper has been adjusted.
    • Gameplay
      • Fixed an issue that caused players to appear running in place when using a skill under certain circumstances.
      • The expansion stash is now available for all players, regardless of DLC ownership.
    • Commendations
      • Rainbow 6 commendation requirements now read "Equip 6 different quality pieces of gear (grey/exotic, green, blue, purple, orange and gear set)"

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Planning in jumping back into this today aftet falling off on Destiny.

Looking forward to seeing what has changed since I last played - which was just after Survival came out so a lot is my guess.

Oct 30, 2017
The grind to reach the 3000 commendation point to unlock the Shield is starting to get to me... I'm at 2730 right now and I only aim at the fastest commendations I can get and it makes me play all different styles/mode that I didn't usually play. Not sure if that's a good thing or not...

Anyway, still love this game but man is it taking forever to get that shield...

Oct 25, 2017
I came back to the game, I'm still level 9 and doing the story. I don't remember nothing!
Is there a cheat sheet or something to relearn the basics of the equipment?
Like, what does armor do? Where can I see it's value? I can see the value for single equipment but not a total.
How builds work? Should I focus on one of the 3 values (weapon, health, tech) ?
Talents on the weapons are random right? I have 2 weapons with a talent and one without.
For damage: should I always prioritize DPS when choosing what to equip?

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
The grind to reach the 3000 commendation point to unlock the Shield is starting to get to me... I'm at 2730 right now and I only aim at the fastest commendations I can get and it makes me play all different styles/mode that I didn't usually play. Not sure if that's a good thing or not...

Anyway, still love this game but man is it taking forever to get that shield...

yeah Im not sure it's worth the effort. I'm sitting at something over 1500 and I just don't know.