• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone playing the upcoming event tomorrow? Got back into the game to finish up some of the shields still need the commendation on :/

Yea I've been playing the event casually. I also recently fired the game back up after not touching it since last April. It's been fun trying to knock out all the shields. Unfortunately I'm only sitting at 2k commendation so I don't think it'll be possible for me to hit 3k for the shield without a ridiculous time investment. I hope Massive nerfs that shield down to 2k commendation score but I doubt they will.

The Division is still such a solid game. Really one of my favorites over the last few years. The general atmosphere of an apocalyptic NYC in the dead of winter is just so great and I still stop from time to time to take it all in. In particular, I really love the atmosphere in the underground. I'm hoping they can give us similar vibes in D2 but I'm skeptical given the setting and season.

Dec 28, 2017
Was the cronusmax problem eradicated? I played every year this game and I think Survival had the potential to be the best battle royale mode. I will try my predator build one more time to mess around in dz.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
How dead is this game? Thinking of popping back in to grind out some shields (should already have most)

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on your platform? PC is active enough for shield grinding you shouldn't have a problem finding groups for most legendary missions/incursions at peak hours.

Surprisingly strong player base on PC. Shame Survival and Last Stand seem to be mostly dead. Been having a lot of fun diving back in with shields, got most of them down.

cebri

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been going back to it after not enjoying it much after the release. However this time I'm really enjoying it. Currently sitting at level 17, hopefully will be finishing the main story soon.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
I've also been dipping back in to clear some Shields recently and it made me realise I'm going to be absolutely gutted when the sequel heads to DC in summertime. The atmosphere and environment of a snowy NY is unrivalled IMO and I really can not see how the Division 2 is going to capture the same feeling. Obviously we barely know anything about the game but the atmosphere of the first is what captured me and I can't help but feel the sequel could just turn into a generic post apocalyptic shooter/rpg.

It was quite amusing jumping back in, around 70 days logged across my characters and after acouple of months away I felt a right noob trying to clear legendaries getting my button commands messed up with other games I've been playing lol

Oct 30, 2017
I too share this sentiment about leaving the Snowy NY but I have faith that they will be able to create a world where we can immerse ourselves again. The cool thing is that we'll have varied environnements this time aroud and I'm really curious to see what the underground will look like. I think we feel like this because we've only seen the same map section over and over and it was on a sunny day. Did they mention any weather effects? it would be cool to also have rainy days in the game.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Gazza it's funny you say this because I often just think about the snow-lined NYC streets, the dark, somber Christmas atmosphere and have such a strong desire to go back to the world. I almost wish Division 2 was just in another borough of New York in the winter.

If anyone is playing on Xbox One regularly please send me a PM - would love to partner up for higher end stuff!

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I love snowy NYC but the Division 1 desperately needed more biomes and didn't really take advantage of NYC's verticality. Geographic variety would have gone a long way towards making the campaign feel a lot less repetitive.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Yes I agree completely about the verticality. Frantic fights through skyscrapers, running up and down the stairs, etc would have made for so much more variety in encounter, especially in the dark zone areas.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
I too share this sentiment about leaving the Snowy NY but I have faith that they will be able to create a world where we can immerse ourselves again. The cool thing is that we'll have varied environnements this time aroud and I'm really curious to see what the underground will look like. I think we feel like this because we've only seen the same map section over and over and it was on a sunny day. Did they mention any weather effects? it would be cool to also have rainy days in the game.

Here's hoping :) I haven't heard anything about weather effects but recently a group of players from the community (even those who left The Division some time ago) were invited to the studios to test some Alpha gameplay. They're under NDA at the minute so we have no idea what was tested but it was tweeted that new info will be coming soon so I'll be keen to see what's in that. It would be awesome if something like seasons was introduced but I can't see it myself.

Gazza it's funny you say this because I often just think about the snow-lined NYC streets, the dark, somber Christmas atmosphere and have such a strong desire to go back to the world. I almost wish Division 2 was just in another borough of New York in the winter.

If anyone is playing on Xbox One regularly please send me a PM - would love to partner up for higher end stuff!

That's the view I share with the setting and will be interested to see how and if they can pull off a summer themed style.

I love snowy NYC but the Division 1 desperately needed more biomes and didn't really take advantage of NYC's verticality. Geographic variety would have gone a long way towards making the campaign feel a lot less repetitive.
Yes I agree completely about the verticality. Frantic fights through skyscrapers, running up and down the stairs, etc would have made for so much more variety in encounter, especially in the dark zone areas.

Completely agree guys, DZ7-9 tried to add some verticality options with interlinking rooftops and additional indoor spaces but scaling a sky scraper with enemy factions through out the building making your way through elevator shafts, rapelling etc would've been awesome and was kind of a missed opportunity for the game. Even re-using some of them areas for the medic wing supply missions would've been welcome especially with some of the sizes of the buildings like the shopping mall and college(? one of the final side medic wing missions).

New info shouldn't be far away hopefully, Julian Gerighty the Creative Director tweeted this when asked where is the info on the Dark Zone in TD2 as acouple of months ago we were told DZ info would be coming in December:

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
What platform is everyone playing on? I desperately need some people to play with for Div2!

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing this quite a bit on my One X through Game Pass; I'm sad that it's leaving at the end of the month, enough so that I'm actually considering buying the full version even with the sequel right around the corner. As others in the thread have mentioned, I really enjoy the atmosphere of the city, plus I don't intend to buy the sequel right away anyway since online games usually have design issues that aren't discovered andrectified until after people start hitting the end game.

Are the expansions worth it? It's $18 for the Gold version of the Game versus $10 for just the base game. I read the descriptions of the DLC and only Underground sounds super appealing to me (not really into PVP), but that's 7.50 on its own.

Oct 30, 2017
I've been playing this quite a bit on my One X through Game Pass; I'm sad that it's leaving at the end of the month, enough so that I'm actually considering buying the full version even with the sequel right around the corner. As others in the thread have mentioned, I really enjoy the atmosphere of the city, plus I don't intend to buy the sequel right away anyway since online games usually have design issues that aren't discovered andrectified until after people start hitting the end game.

Are the expansions worth it? It's $18 for the Gold version of the Game versus $10 for just the base game. I read the descriptions of the DLC and only Underground sounds super appealing to me (not really into PVP), but that's 7.50 on its own.

Undergroud is well done and I emjoyed it a lot. Allthough, the best DLC is, by far, Survival.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017

Definitely worth it! Survival is so addictive and my favourite thing about the whole game, it's all I play to the point I haven't been able to finish the main story yet.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
UG and Survival are more than worth the money -- it's more about the time investment. Both will give you a good 10-20 hours a piece, and then you've got the three incursions to grind for also. More than anything, it gives you more variety in the grind. And then the incursions serve as your main motivation to finish the grind for endgame sets.

Last Stand is a dead game mode but it's basically a throw-in w/ the season pass, and you get that last incursion.

Mob

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed The Division at launch, fell off playing it shortly after expansion 1 & never been back.
Do any of the expansions or updates advance the story?
I'm not going to have time to catch up on everything I've missed before Division 2 releases but I'd like to check some stuff out.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed The Division at launch, fell off playing it shortly after expansion 1 & never been back.
Do any of the expansions or updates advance the story?
I'm not going to have time to catch up on everything I've missed before Division 2 releases but I'd like to check some stuff out.

The West Side Piers zone added in Patch 1.8 contains phone recordings that sort of advance the narrative.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Kicking myself for getting rid of Barrett's chest... it's the only exotic I need for the shield.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Should I get in divison 1 or wait for divison 2 for a fresh start ? The first game is 50 bucks currently on the psn store...

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Should I get in divison 1 or wait for divison 2 for a fresh start ? The first game is 50 bucks currently on the psn store...

For god's sake don't spend $50 on the first game. If you can pick it up for $10, you'll get a lot of quality game time out of it and serve as a nice primer for the sequel, but under no circumstances should you pay full price for a game that's about to be a graveyard.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Will there be a horde mode at launch ? Strange that there isnt more talk about division 2 on era since the beta is coming pretty soon.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Will there be a horde mode at launch ? Strange that there isnt more talk about division 2 on era since the beta is coming pretty soon.
Would be weird to not have a Resistance mode in the game from the start, since we already got it in Division 1 (even though it's DLC).

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
I pre-ordered on Amazon on Wednesday yet I still haven't gotten a code.

Should I contact support for one or wait?

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
Would be weird to not have a Resistance mode in the game from the start, since we already got it in Division 1 (even though it's DLC).
Seems like none of the DLC modes from Div1 are making it over to Div2 at launch. Personally, seems pretty baffling to me that they spent time making 4v4 TDM and Domination modes instead of something like Underground or Survival for Div2, but maybe they will come later.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
After returning to the game about a month ago I finally tried Survival again and ended up extracting twice in a row which felt amazing. I'm starting to believe that I can get all 12 shields before launch. I just need:

4 more hunter kills in Survival - my confidence in this mode has shot right up. I can easily see myself getting this one.
About 700 more commendation points - this will be tight but I just need to create a list of things to aim for.
2 more exotics - Medved & Devil - luck based but if I run some legendaries and broadcast what I am missing I will increase my odds.
2 more classified gear sets - I have many sets missing just a few pieces or less - I intend to hammer out as much as I can during the next GE.

Oct 30, 2017
After returning to the game about a month ago I finally tried Survival again and ended up extracting twice in a row which felt amazing. I'm starting to believe that I can get all 12 shields before launch. I just need:

4 more hunter kills in Survival - my confidence in this mode has shot right up. I can easily see myself getting this one.
About 700 more commendation points - this will be tight but I just need to create a list of things to aim for.
2 more exotics - Medved & Devil - luck based but if I run some legendaries and broadcast what I am missing I will increase my odds.
2 more classified gear sets - I have many sets missing just a few pieces or less - I intend to hammer out as much as I can during the next GE.
Good luck with that. I hope you get all of them but RNG will have to be good with you.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Good luck with that. I hope you get all of them but RNG will have to be good with you.

Thanks very much.

Ran survival last night and managed to kill 3 hunters in one session. 1 more to go.

Devil dropped from a LZ boss run and also the final classified D3fence piece I needed.

About 600 commendation, Medved and 1 more complete classified set to go. Need to make a commendation list after work today.