• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
So now we are getting a vote tonight?

www.cnbc.com

Senate set to vote on coronavirus stimulus bill Wednesday night

The Senate announced they had arrived at a deal early Wednesday morning after days of bitter partisan divide. There had been hope it could fast track the deal to the desk of President Donald Trump quickly.

They better actually vote this time to push the package through. Senate is a clown college.

Last edited:

feline fury

Dec 8, 2017
If tomorrow is a Friday rally day, I don't even know what to say. I can see 10% losses on the idecies tomorrow. These figures are going to be like not seen in recent history. The reverberations I don't think have been costed in at this point yet even, especially since more and more of the medical community are absolutely against the USA going back to work as normal come 04/12.
I guarantee tomorrow won't be a Friday rally day. 😉

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
twitter.com

James Pethokoukis on Twitter

“JPMORGAN: "US: Prediction? Pain"”

fyId39u.png

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Job numbers down 3.283 million.
Crazy. I wonder what the final job loss will be before this virus moves on.

Also people saying the economy will just pick back up once it moves on with people easily going back to work are delusional. It is so much harder to get back into the work force, especially since now many jobs are being eliminated entirely. My girlfriend's job closed several restaurants permanently, so even if they reopen as a business, it will still have fewer restaurants to operate. Those jobs aren't coming back. There will be millions of people looking for work with fewer jobs available than ever before.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy. I wonder what the final job loss will be before this virus moves on.

Also people saying the economy will just pick back up once it moves on with people easily going back to work are delusional. It is so much harder to get back into the work force, especially since now many jobs are being eliminated entirely. My girlfriend's job closed several restaurants permanently, so even if they reopen as a business, it will still have fewer restaurants to operate. Those jobs are coming back. There will be millions of people looking for work with fewer jobs available than ever before.
Yep, I've always thought the Q3 bounce back was a total pie in the sky wish.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
Futures actually don't look that bad given the scary unemployment numbers. Maybe because the stimulus passed the Senate?

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
I'm betting no. 3.2 million is within many analysts estimates. That was priced in. Today will depend on what other news comes out, and with the House likely to pass the stimulus package we might even end green again.
I can buy that I just don't see how long they can ignore the worsening picture not only in the US but the world.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Futures actually don't look that bad given the scary unemployment numbers. Maybe because the stimulus passed the Senate?
That stimulus isn't going to be the silver bullet. I think the fallout over the next months is going to be a more gradual decline until we start seeing a general incline. How doesn't a more than 10x increase in jobless claims doesn't worry people?

It's just tragic how this has affected people, both physically getting sick or being out of a job. I mean it's not like Apr 12th comes around and everyone goes back to work like nothing happened. I hope I am wrong, but it seems like there is a longer tail to this.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
This will be one of those days when markets start to tank as soon as trump starts speaking

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
DAMN YOU SPY! UNEMPLOYMENT IS AT 3 MILLION! BOOMERS ARE DYING AT RECORD SPEEDS! MY PUTS ARE WITHERING BEFORE MY EYES!

WHY. WON'T. YOU. GO. DOWN????

z4XQAKS.gif

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well, of course I sell slack yesterday and now the ceo comes out and says they're doing gangbusters with new signups, lol

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting no. 3.2 million is within many analysts estimates. That was priced in. Today will depend on what other news comes out, and with the House likely to pass the stimulus package we might even end green again.
I find it hard to believe anything is being accurately priced in these days with all these crazy swings.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DAMN YOU SPY! UNEMPLOYMENT IS AT 3 MILLION! BOOMERS ARE DYING AT RECORD SPEEDS! MY PUTS ARE WITHERING BEFORE MY EYES!

WHY. WON'T. YOU. GO. DOWN????

z4XQAKS.gif
Not even the Great Depression was a linear path downward. There are always blips like this during a recession. Based on historical data, some have speculated that we will go as high as $260 or even $270 before the next big drop.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How's the prediction for today? Pump or dump?

The theme of this whole week is mass denial about the human, employment, and financial toll that's about to happen. This is the "we can be open again by Easter" week, and the ones that believe that are going to look back to this week and wonder what the hell they were thinking.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
The theme of this whole week is mass denial about the human, employment, and financial toll that's about to happen. This is the "we can be open again by Easter" week, and the ones that believe that are going to look back to this week and wonder what the hell they were thinking.
I think at some point investors get numb to "regular" bad news and it'll take something really big to shock the market back to reality.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
This week is not good for theta decay.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Very strange indeed.

In addition, given that the unemployment numbers for CA and PA alone was around 1.5 million, I wouldn't be surprised if the official figures were underreported.
Remember that CA's were for 12 days. Still, you're right, 3.3M seems low if you extrapolate those two States population to the rest of the country. OTOH, some States shut down later than others, so there's that to consider.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious - those unemployment numbers, are they referring to people who were actively fired from their workplaces (for example because of having no sick/vacation days to make use of) or are they referring to people unable to work because of the pandemic? (i.e people who can't work from home and their workplaces have shut down)
Or are they both?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think at some point investors get numb to "regular" bad news and it'll take something really big to shock the market back to reality.

A 9/11's worths of deaths happening from this virus every day will be sufficiently big enough to shock the market and everyone else into new states of thinking. We're well in the "Before" stage right now, and there are too many people that think we're in the middle of this thing or right at the peak. It doesn't help that the Surgeon fucking General is going on Fox News is telling people that New York cases are tapering off when they're not expected to apex for a couple more weeks at least.

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah this is strange. Wanted to jump on a few things today but i'll wait. No way the market can continue to be this ignorant and pump up these numbers. Reality has to hit at some point and we will see another sell-off. Then i'll buy.

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm frantically looking for a scrap of good news to justify a bounce like this...

Does anyone have one?

BIG-JG

Oct 27, 2017
The manipulators are pumping and dumping, there is no way this will last long. I just follow from the outside and can see how phony this is. I hope people are keeping the receipts of the criminal activity that has to be taking place to make this happen.

Evodelu

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 19, 2019
The manipulators are pumping and dumping, there is no way this will last long. I just follow from the outside and can see how phony this is. I hope people are keeping the receipts of the criminal activity that has to be taking place to make this happen.
This shit is manipulated as fuck.
We been knew.

The stock market is not a true reflection of the true economy. It's a game, and with the Fed doing unlimited QE (including ETF purchases), the game will only get more skewed.

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Market had already priced in huge unemployment numbers. Not sure what's so hard about this. If y'all were expecting giant numbers, so were they

Status
Not open for further replies.