• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Geez. Don't even know what to think at this point. The reality of the situation is that things are going to get so much worse here with the virus.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Have a sell order on VTI $136. (I had bought 2 weeks ago at $141). If it reaches that level, I am gonna actualise my losses and sit back for a while.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I sold out of 3 positions today so I can just buy them back lower. But can I?
At this point I kind of doubt we'll be able to, but I'll wait and see. I think when I buy back in it is going to be all with mutual funds though. I want to set it and forget it, watching this stuff every day is too stressful. Aiming for individual stocks starts creating a mindset of trying to make money fast.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Earnings announcements, March PMI report on April 1-2nd, and unemployment numbers will knock this rally out.

Then in 1-2 months I think the death count and mortgage defaults may put us in another plunge.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I kind of doubt we'll be able to, but I'll wait and see. I think when I buy back in it is going to be all with mutual funds though. I want to set it and forget it, watching this stuff every day is too stressful. Aiming for individual stocks starts creating a mindset of trying to make money fast.
I think it's going to take a little bit longer than that to knock the wind out of these sails. We'll return to Monday like numbers by the end of April (if I had to guess, but I've been wrong so very much, should have bought calls on Monday :D )

See, I just can't fathom a scenario where the market is stable or ripping at a time when human suffering, especially in America, seems extremely likely.

So I sold out of MSFT, WORK, and AMD today for some profit, but I have some long holds including VTI and AUPH that I've been average down on.

WORK is ridiculous. It was $17 last week, and it's $27 now. AMD was $39 last week. I just think there's too much volatility right now for these gains to stick or level off.

It's weird, it's like the market and people in general forgot why we shut things down in the first place....maybe because they can't "see" what about to hit us like a tsunami.

I'm basically at 25% cash right now and this morning I was at like .5%...I bought in way too early.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im selling all my positions too. Not sure if that a good idea or not since I got in at a really good time but I'd rather just take the gains then wait and see whatever the fuck is about to happen next.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Lol, this rally, I'm getting fucked.

a89nf7m.png

No need to worry though, it'll dump by next week. Though tbh I'm kinda hoping I can hit breakeven and let my spreads roll into May.

Feb 1, 2018
Apple almost collapsed also.

Also, I'm a TSLA investor. I took the risk. I just think people should be informed of the risk.

That was in the 90's, when they lost Jobs and Ive wasn't in yet. The x factor wasnt there.

People should always be aware of risks, but they should also be aware of potentials and the vision of a company that hasnt fucked up yet despite the constant counter-narrative from fossil fuel and shorter funded media outlets.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
If I had more guts I'd be buying MORE puts right this minute but I'm a big chicken and don't want to go all the way back to $0 on the balance sheet :(

Yeah, I've wanted to. However I've been pretty resolute in thinking that this is going to get pretty bad through May, but some of that confidence has been shot a bit this week.

Sarek

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've wanted to. However I've been pretty resolute in thinking that this is going to get pretty bad through May, but some of that confidence has been shot a bit this week.

This will absolutely get way worse in May. Remember that during the GFC there were many rallies as well. It wasn't just straight down all the time.

Jan 29, 2018
Seems like things are a bit up on the hopes that maybe the Senate will pass a bill that doesn't fix much. Alright.

VOO trending back up, but I'm still hoping/expecting a sub $200 buying opportunity.

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
Dollar funding markets are still crap, LIBOR over Overnight is sitting high as fuck (2008 levels).

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Why is the bottom falling out of the market this afternoon? The NASDAQ just went negative and S&P is shedding it's gains? More about the stimulus bill being held up?

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is the bottom falling out of the market this afternoon? The NASDAQ just went negative and S&P is shedding it's gains? More about the stimulus bill being held up?

Because a lot of today's rally was Boeing and other stimulus receiving companies within the indexes getting a bounce while most everything else was just along for the ride.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
California just announced that 1 million unemployment applications this week.
If tomorrow is a Friday rally day, I don't even know what to say. I can see 10% losses on the idecies tomorrow. These figures are going to be like not seen in recent history. The reverberations I don't think have been costed in at this point yet even, especially since more and more of the medical community are absolutely against the USA going back to work as normal come 04/12.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
What a kick in the balls. Up 2k in my brokerage account at 3. Up $150 bucks at close. My 401k going to barely bump too

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My portfolio has basically been flat for the last two weeks or so because of how I repositioned, and I'm OK with that right now.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Short covering rally that led to FOMO Bulls buying and potentially getting set up by big money managers into a bull trap. I didn't like the rally today because the vix was staying elevated as the market was rallying hard, which implies volitility is still here as we saw in the last hour. As SRG01 mentioned Vix isn't always the perfect indicator, but for me personally an elevated VIX in rally up 15 percent in two days makes my Spidey senses tingle. It is just a combo I don't want to see.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing how the market absorbs the jobs report tomorrow. Though stimulus bill falling apart again is likely the bigger deal.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Short covering rally that led to FOMO Bulls buying and potentially getting setI didn't like the rally today because the vix was staying elevated as the market was rallying hard, which implies volitility is still here as we saw in the last hour. As SRG01 mentioned Vix isn't always the perfect indicator, but for me personally an elevated VIX in rally up 15 percent in two days makes my Spidey senses tingle. It is just a combo I don't want to see.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing how the market absorbs the jobs report tomorrow. Though stimulus bill falling apart again is likely the bigger deal.
Short covering rally that led to FOMO Bulls buying and potentially getting set up by big money managers into a bull trap. I didn't like the rally today because the vix was staying elevated as the market was rallying hard, which implies volitility is still here as we saw in the last hour. As SRG01 mentioned Vix isn't always the perfect indicator, but for me personally an elevated VIX in rally up 15 percent in two days makes my Spidey senses tingle. It is just a combo I don't want to see.

Yeah, the VIX hanging around here should tell us what we all suspect.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
It was able to hit $2150 about a month ago, and I'm kicking myself for not selling. Thought it had a chance to go higher or at least plateau.

I didn't need the money at the time, nor do I still, but still lol
That's the exception, not the rule. Its popped above 2k a few times, but mostly has been hanging around 1850, +/-100

CoolOff

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Man I'm getting anxious about a large part of my portfolio. Basically this happened:

And even though most funds have opened up again, one fund manager have kept theirs closed, including a very popular lower-yield fund which has been touted for years in Swedish media as a "safe haven" for your money to get some minor return on it. The likelihood is that it's just a lack of liquidity in the corporate bond market and worst case scenario the manager could just sit on them for a year and let companies pay up, but it feels really uncomfortable to have funds frozen.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I'm going to keep losing on my bi-weekly 401K contributions aren't I? Last week I believe the market rallied on the day of contribution.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Lmao I'm going to keep losing on my bi-weekly 401K contributions aren't I? Last week I believe the market rallied on the day of contribution.
I wouldn't worry too much. If you're relatively far away from retirement this is still buying on a deep discount even at current levels. It's a good time to be making regular contributions imo.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With unemployment numbers and US death toll about to pass 1k I can see the market looking downward. I mention 1k because now we can effectively start measure the doubling rate.

mtj8033

Dec 27, 2017
On a semi off topic note, what are some good resources people used to learn about options trading before diving in?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My stock in Equifax and Iron Mountain both jumped. So that's cool. I mean they're typically pretty stable anyway, but it was nice to wake up and see major percentage gains.

Status
Not open for further replies.