• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
Almost feels like the market is being pumped just so that a select few can bail out before dumping again.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Daily volume on SPY was the lowest since March 6th.

It's quite something that it's only down 18.5% YTD, despite the country being shut down, new claims 3.3M and probably millions more reporting soon, and GDP forecasts what they are.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Market hasn't dealt in reality since they where bailed out. Signaling they are more important than human cost and lives since the great recession and that they are too big to fail has created an alternate universe where there is no consequence they can't be helped out of by the FED and the government and to hell with actual lives. Its an algorithm bubble.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
I don't often look at this thread since I'm based in the U.K. and I work within a global bank. Nevertheless, these index rallies are just mind-numbing and ridiculous.

This is the classic case of seeing who is swimming naked when the tide goes out...

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly have no idea what to think. True lunacy. Glad I've stayed out of the fray with all of this...

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
So there's approximately 160 billion to buy on Tuesday March end to rebalance funds etc., There was 7 billion to buy at the close which was the spike in the last 10 minutes.

So plan accordingly. This per Steve Grasso on CNBC.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
AiTC7Eu.jpg

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
So there's approximately 160 billion to buy on Tuesday March end to rebalance funds etc., There was 7 billion to buy at the close which was the spike in the last 10 minutes.

So plan accordingly. This per Steve Grasso on CNBC.
So are you saying 160 billion is going in between now and the end of March, or is it all going in on Tuesday?

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Theres no way this is over. Things havent gotten bad yet. We are going to be looking at hundreds of thousands if not millions with the virus. People are fooling themselves, this is absolutely a short term gain before the more long term drop begins.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Theres no way this is over. Things havent gotten bad yet. We are going to be looking at hundreds of thousands if not millions with the virus. People are fooling themselves, this is absolutely a short term gain before the more long term drop begins.
The way this market is the vaccine could be found tomorrow and we'd see a dip lol

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
So are you saying 160 billion is going in between now and the end of March, or is it all going in on Tuesday?

I have no idea. But he said that with this knowledge equities may run up these next two days since I think the $160 billion is coming out of bonds into stocks. Again I have no idea I just listened to what he was saying.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
I don't understand anything. are investors expecting the pandemic to be better in April?
You have the president saying it will.

Most people are stupid. In the coming week, expect another record drop once the news continues to escalate. When people become fearful of buying their groceries, unemployment numbers continue to get far worse and cities continue to get shutdown, eventually the delusion will subside and reality will kick in that this is fundamentally changing our existence for the next 3-6 months at a minimum.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
You've got to figure reality sets in when companies start posting their earnings for the quarter.

But then I thought it'd set in with the unemployment numbers today, so what do I know.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
You've got to figure reality sets in when companies start posting their earnings for the quarter.

But then I thought it'd set in with the unemployment numbers today, so what do I know.

Unemployment numbers were the worst kept secret and whisper numbers were at about 3.4 million so today's number wasn't a surprise. Market will move at times on what is considered "not bad" news (versus expectations). Unemployment number would fall into this camp. Plus unemployment is seen as a lagging indicator, since the market expects most of the people who applied will be working again in a month or two.

The stock market over shoots to the downside and to the upside consistently. Until the volitility index calms down the market will make wild swings in both directions. The VIX is implying moves of around 3 to 5 percent each day right now. Market can go down as quick as it came up. Likely quicker as the saying is escalator up and elevator down. But right now the market is running on an elevator going at 100 mph.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this is all a clicker game and someone just wants the numbers to go up again

Status
Not open for further replies.