• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Believe that's the Nefarious Leitmotif as well. It plays a lot during Nefarious henchman encounters.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Amazing!
Also, when you walk near the club on the first planet, you get a different feedback for each sound you hear (bass, kick, drum, etc...)

J75

Sep 29, 2018
The magic of voice coils. I love putting my ear near the controller and making out some of the sounds the haptics produce.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I discovered this last night at 11pm when I was trying to turn off the damn controller speaker only to realise it was already off.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Very cool. When I first noticed Golf Story making noises using HD rumble I was so surprised

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mario party had a pretty cool implementation like this too. Each players controller made a unique pitch.

OCD Guy

Nov 2, 2017
I thought it was the speaker lol.

That is impressive.

The dual sense is the best controller I've ever used.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
WHAT

I've spent more than 25 hours on the game already and I'm seeing this for the first time.
This controller is something else, really

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
That's cool but if you play using headphone, the controller speaker lost his importance…

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
The actuators feel like the steam con or switch ones, but way bigger. An individual tap can be pretty strong. I... Guess they can do this, too. The new controller is really fun.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't got to this part yet, but I like how it also sinks up to the music in Club Nefarious.

Leofet

Jun 6, 2018
I have the Pixelizer HD upgraded and I didn't even realize you could charge it up... -_-

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Those actuators DualSense and joycons have need to hurry up and be the standard across the industry. Hopefully we can quickly get to a future where even third party generic controllers have them. (IE: plug n play multi-device pads)

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
They should also allow the music to play in-game as well. What's the point of having this neat feature when you're trying to immerse yourself with headphones to listen to the game's 3D Audio.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Earlier today I reminded about the Psycho Mantis gimmick with the DualShock 3 and was wondering what crazy mechanic would Kojima create with the DualSense.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Valve Index controllers use the haptics to make little tunes on power up/down as well. You can even make it do the Portal music. Really cool stuff.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I was wearing headphones for the majority of my playthrough.

I took them off to charge and I heard the noises and then… music coming from the controller through its mechanics. I was blown away, it also matched what was happening on screen in some cases. Absolutely wild.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And I thought something was up with the controller when it suddenly made these noises. Didn't know you could charge, so I only heard the buzz and no melody lol