• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 9, 2018

If you missed the other threads, it appears the street date of Jan 23 was broken, so retailers are now #YOLO. This tweet is an official announcement though.

They're available in some stores and online for Target, Walmart, and Gamestop. Out of Stock on Amazon, but Best Buy still has a preorder for Feb 4th (??).

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to run out to Walmart & buy this but am entirely way too lazy to do it.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Sony usually has a pretty good distribution pipeline for things like late-gen accessories, but this one has been a bit of a mess. I wonder what happened?

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Not even sure of 1/23 was the street date. Target has had the release on 1/19 since it was announced while BB had Feb

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Sony usually has a pretty good distribution pipeline for things like late-gen accessories, but this one has been a bit of a mess. I wonder what happened?
They're not going to mass produce an accessory like this on the level of a brand new platform. The PS5 will likely be no different than every other platform launch in regards to stock, this is just slightly outside of "run of the mill" for niche accessories.

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing "Attachment attachment" on the thread title made me think it was a joke. An attachment for the back button attachment.

May 9, 2018
Not even sure of 1/23 was the street date. Target has had the release on 1/19 since it was announced while BB had Feb

Still inconsistent though.

Seeing "Attachment attachment" on the thread title made me think it was a joke. An attachment for the back button attachment.

That is a legit typo but it's funny.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any charging docks that work with this thing on? I know the one I have right now won't work with this thing staying plugged in.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Mine still shows 29th on Amazon. May possibly ship before the end of the day i'd assume, may preemptively check my gamestop/target if I care enough.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Are there any charging docks that work with this thing on? I know the one I have right now won't work with this thing staying plugged in.
In the OT for this, it seems like any dock that charges via the ext port won't work with this on as it only has the audio pass-through. If it charges the controller upside down via micro usb, you should be fine i'd assume.

GeezyAF

Oct 28, 2017
Went to a local Walmart that had quite a lot of stock for these for $25. Still have an Amazon preorder as well, but that no has delivery date.

TriGen

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered one on Amazon a month ago and it has no estimated ship date. I'll check Walmart tomorrow.

GeezyAF

Oct 28, 2017
Why is It 25 bucks? I preordered one from them online and hasn't shipped and it was 30!! Damn
I'm not exactly sure. You can't even set up an in store pickup for the price, you have to actually go in and get it. If you have some locations near by, I would check out their stock on brickseek and see if you can snag one locally.

I think I'm gonna cancel my Amazon one. I wanted two, but I only bought one today just to make sure I would like it. I've been using the attachment on Monster Hunter on PC and it's been great. Doesn't add a lot of heft and easy to set up the profiles. Would be cool if you could have more than 3 profiles at once, but hardly a negative thing about it.

GeezyAF

Oct 28, 2017
I ordered one on Amazon a month ago and it has no estimated ship date. I'll check Walmart tomorrow.
Make sure to check on brickseek to get an idea of stock around your local area. I was on the other side of my town today and a Walmart there didn't have it, but luckily the one close by my house did.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm returning the 2 I got from Target yesterday. After about 3 hours of CODMW play yesterday, I feel like they're just not ergonomically comfortable to me to keep. The actual quality of the build is good and the button actuation feels satisfyingly clicky, but holding my controller with it attached results in way too many aches in my fingers, and in its normal state, I personally find the Dual Shock 4 the most comfortable first party controller on the market and I don't like giving that up for these paddles.

Mike Works

Oct 28, 2017
I use a controller docking station to charge my dual shocks. I'm guessing I'd have to take this thing off every time I wanted to charge the controller?