• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 23, 2019
How do you guys have yours set up for Call of Duty? I'm really trying to get used to this thing and it is throwing me off something fierce.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
How do you guys have yours set up for Call of Duty? I'm really trying to get used to this thing and it is throwing me off something fierce.

I have the right button for reload and switching around the left to see what I like most. Currently, it's jump but sometimes I have it set to switch weapons.

It does take some time to get used to, but it feels so natural once you do.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack how did i not notice this thread, it's been out over a week already? gimmeeeeeee

when someone said no touchpad, that means you can't program the touchpaad button? that would be really helpful for one of my games (neverwinter keeps sensing a swipe when i try to button push it)

kriskrosbbk

Oct 28, 2017
Can you assign share or options there? I would like to use it for RDR map by holding options if possible. Anyone knows?

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually wanted to get one for this. How did you end up mapping yours from mhw if you don't mind me asking ?
With mine, I mapped dpad left and right. Could also do R3 to make it easier for some weapons to get to clutch claw. I took mine off though. Made the controller not feel as comfortable in my hands.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
This thing releasing so late in the generation just makes me think that the PS5 controller will have it by default and if we want to use our Dualshock 4 in the PS5 we will need this attachment...

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty impressed with the unit. I've never had any love for controller addons, but this one is built well and just works. It's a nice stopgap upgrade for people who want a pro controller but think the cost is too much, and the ds4 has always had a nice build quality (on the body at least)

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This thing releasing so late in the generation just makes me think that the PS5 controller will have it by default and if we want to use our Dualshock 4 in the PS5 we will need this attachment...
I don't know about needing it, but I do think that back buttons will be the standard on the DualShock 5, yeah. This attachment was probably created so that people using their old controllers won't be at a disadvantage when playing multiplayer games with people who are using a DS5.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I like it so far, but my brain is definitely not wired for it yet. I can see the value though once you get used to it.

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
Having the ability to jump in a FPS like Destiny and still having right stick control is great. This is pretty great for it's value. The clickyness is real nice feeling.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
Finally got mine, i was struggling with it at first but i think im getting used to it.
The biggest barrier seems to be figuring out the most comfy finger positioning also the feeling of the attachment on the controller in general.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Mine just showed up from Amazon, I used it for a few hours to play Modern Warfare.

It's a neat piece of gear ... it's small and well built. The back screen is functional? You can map buttons with no issues.

What remains to be seen is if I can actually use my ring fingers to effectively pull the triggers. It's weird so far. I play "bumper jumper tactical" so I mapped the right paddle to the non-lethal grenades (X) and the left to melee (circle). I might reverse those, not sure.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if Amazon is going to get new stock? I want to buy this thing, but not at the insane resell prices...

Popokarimu

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon has these in stock right now if anyone is looking for one.

Edit: Sold out again.

Last edited:

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was literally a "back button" like B or select for backing up one step. I'm glad I read the OP properly.

Also yeah there's no way this isn't timed to bridge between ps4 and ps5.

Which is great news.

I wonder if it will be separate buttons or just copies of existing buttons(like this attachment) on PS5.

I reckon seperate buttons (L4, R4??) but with functionality doubled up with s regular button more often than not.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
After some getting used to it I absolutely adore it. I love the tactile feeling of the buttons and how lightweight the controller still is with it. I can't recommend it enough.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
I don't see myself getting one in the near future, but scalpers are already at it:

iXxkncA.png

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Got mine today.

Went to Gamestop and unfortunately they were sold out, so I just went to Wal-mart (in the same parking lot lol) and they had three left. There were two dudes already having the clerk get stuff from behind the glass for them near the DS4BBA and I was like "GULP," but only one of them wanted one. It was the silver-haired older gentlemen, which made me go "hmmm."

Guess I like how it's so... 'separated" I guess from the console it is, so it with the controller should be compatible with everything that uses a DS4. There was a time when I was messing with Killzone: Shadow Fall though, where I wished there was an app where I could set this stuff up instead of on the back of the controller. Guess I'm just spoiled with the elite controllers I have.

I need to get back into Horizon, Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Spiderman and figure out good bindings for the back buttons now.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see myself getting one in the near future, but scalpers are already at it:

iXxkncA.png
What!? I picked one up today for 25 dollars at Wal-Mart lol. Granted, they only had 3 left (and one guy got one of those right before me), and Gamestop was sold out.

Seems like most on ebay are less than 50 though, and all the ones that were sold were about that price too: between 40-50, with a couple at 60 ( and one at 87? c'mon... ).

Reminds me of when people were trying to sell the Duke for Xbox One for way too high prices, but then the prices for those just came crashing down. (oh wow, there's still someone holding on to that 150 price tag for the Duke lol, GoodLuck.gif)

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I highly recommend using OS remap (in accessibility) in conjunction with these back paddles. You can get pretty creative and get most important stuff on the shoulder / trigger / paddles in most games. Hardly even have to use face buttons during gameplay. You should see my weird-ass GoW configuration. Looks like an abomination, but feels so good while playing. Games that allow full remap are best, because using the OS can be a bit Frankenstein, but I can't go back to playing games the old way. I'm playing Division 2 with these + some OS remapping and it feels so much better than vanilla.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There were two dudes already having the clerk get stuff from behind the glass for them near the DS4BBA and I was like "GULP," but only one of them wanted one. It was the silver-haired older gentlemen, which made me go "hmmm."
I don't follow. You think he isn't a true gamer because of his silver hair?

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like that so it doesn't slide off in use.
it's hard to put on, not take off. the issue is the ridges of the 3.5 and the headphone jack catch on each other too easily.

my assumption is they didn't want to add more moving pieces (to simplify manufacturing) like the nyko battery grip for the vita, which i would have preferred.

Last edited:

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I don't follow. You think he isn't a true gamer because of his silver hair?
Of course not.

It just made me think, along with the thingy's availability, and made me wonder just how much in demand this thing is since other than trailers and announcement stuff, I don't remember seeing any ads for it.

I obviously don't know the guy though. Who knows? Maybe he posts here!

Last edited:

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
Mapping left and right on the D pad to the back paddles makes MH so much easier to cycle Through items.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
As for MHW, I know I'll map R1 to the right paddle so I don't have to constantly keep my finger on the shoulder button. Dunno what to use the left paddle for yet.
My right paddle (modded dualshock) is mapped to R3, and with the Radial Menu Type 2 (you have to press R3 to confirm) it is a gamechanger.

Oct 27, 2017
My order from Sony just shipped. Should be getting it tomorrow.

Taking suggestions on what to map the paddles for MHW, FFXIV and KHIII.
For FFXIV, I made a mount macro and mapped it to R3, then I mapped the right paddle to R3. For the left paddle, I just mapped it to L3 and left it on its default function (lock-on/weapon sheathing).

DMA99

Feb 18, 2018
Loving the back button attachment but feels like I'm learning how to play fortnite all over again. Entirely new muscle memory to build.

For folks playing fortnite, what binds are you using? I've mapped left paddle to build, right to jump but wondering if there is something more optimal

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone get more than one of these for each controller they own? I ended up with two and I have two controllers, but wondering if I should just sell the other. I wonder if fitment over time might get a bit sloppy if I'm constantly removing it between controllers. Definitely is a snug fit.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm really liking it so far. My only (small) gripe is that you can't remap both buttons to nothing. I wanted to make a functionless profile that I could switch to for games where I wouldn't really want back buttons, but mapping both buttons as null just makes that profile disappear. :(