• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
It's finally here!
tumblr_nxpi1irQq71rdcoxlo3_500.gif

Mod Edit:

Hey everyone-

Don't mean to hijack this thread but this moment is both very exciting and stressful for me! Go watch the special and then come back and read this if you want!

I hope you dig Shock or Scoff dot com. Ever since the idea a few weeks ago (which started when I floated the concept in the OT!) I've been basically thinking about it non-stop during my day job, coming home at night to design it, and roping in/employing my friend to work on it with me just about every night. I've always wanted a centralized place for the EZA community to place their bets like they already do every year and share them in a fun and standardized template, and it seemed like others were into the idea as well.

I sent the site to Kyle when it was barely more than a concept after just under a week of progress, and what I got back was more than I could have hoped for- the top secret plan for the 2019 Betting Special! Of course, with the excitement came just as much stress, since this meant we had only a couple weeks to get to work on implementing the Wager/Odds functionality that the plan required, which added significant scope and kind of forced us to scrap most of what was already in place. But if we hadn't been tipped off the site would have been sort of useless as-is, so it was worth it. We got it done in a way that I think works pretty well (assuming everything goes smoothly at scale). And after sending updates like the working Wager system to the Allies last week, I found out they wanted to feature it and give it a shout-out in the Betting Special itself... a huge honor and way cooler than I could have ever hoped things turning out.

This past week especially had a number of late nights, but I'm thrilled with how it ended up and just really hope it doesn't break. I did as much testing as I could! Big thanks to my good friend Josh who 99% of the coding - this site literally could not have existed without him. And another big thanks to Kyle and the rest of the Allies for trusting me with their Betting Special secrets, featuring the site, and making fun and positive things that inspire others to make fun, positive things. I hope all of you like the site. I'd love for it to be something that can updated as needed and used for all the Betting Specials to come!

Zf0lXnO.png

If you'd like, feel free to follow @shockorscoff on Twitter where I'll give updates on confirmed bets and updated Payouts/Leaderboards. And maybe retweet some fun Final Bets or something!

Now I gotta watch the special and then finish getting the EZA E3 OT put together for Saturday. L&R, everyone!

just updated the https://shockorscoff.com bets template with the Don Buck symbol used in the special:

LWEJ0SY.png

Go place your bet and it'll generate an imgur for you that you can embed here! Share away and check back during E3 for payouts!

Edit: Results are in!

Last edited:

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
That opening sketch may well be the only actually funny gaming sketch I've seen in 2019. Brandon was so mad.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont listen to a ton of eza these days so hearing the "game trailers voice guy" say fuck is pretty wild

May 30, 2018

Hey everyone-

Don't mean to hijack this thread but this moment is both very exciting and stressful for me! Go watch the special and then come back and read this if you want!

I hope you dig Shock or Scoff dot com. Ever since the idea a few weeks ago (which started when I floated the concept in the OT!) I've been basically thinking about it non-stop during my day job, coming home at night to design it, and roping in/employing my friend to work on it with me just about every night. I've always wanted a centralized place for the EZA community to place their bets like they already do every year and share them in a fun and standardized template, and it seemed like others were into the idea as well.

I sent the site to Kyle when it was barely more than a concept after just under a week of progress, and what I got back was more than I could have hoped for- the top secret plan for the 2019 Betting Special! Of course, with the excitement came just as much stress, since this meant we had only a couple weeks to get to work on implementing the Wager/Odds functionality that the plan required, which added significant scope and kind of forced us to scrap most of what was already in place. But if we hadn't been tipped off the site would have been sort of useless as-is, so it was worth it. We got it done in a way that I think works pretty well (assuming everything goes smoothly at scale). And after sending updates like the working Wager system to the Allies last week, I found out they wanted to feature it and give it a shout-out in the Betting Special itself... a huge honor and way cooler than I could have ever hoped things turning out.

This past week especially had a number of late nights, but I'm thrilled with how it ended up and just really hope it doesn't break. I did as much testing as I could! Big thanks to my good friend Josh who 99% of the coding - this site literally could not have existed without him. And another big thanks to Kyle and the rest of the Allies for trusting me with their Betting Special secrets, featuring the site, and making fun and positive things that inspire others to make fun, positive things. I hope all of you like the site. I'd love for it to be something that can updated as needed and used for all the Betting Specials to come!

Zf0lXnO.png

If you'd like, feel free to follow @shockorscoff on Twitter where I'll give updates on confirmed bets and updated Payouts/Leaderboards. And maybe retweet some fun Final Bets or something!

Now I gotta watch the special and then finish getting the EZA E3 OT put together for Saturday. L&R, everyone!

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

Hey everyone-

Zf0lXnO.png

Thanks for sharing, this is pretty great :)

May 30, 2018
one more thing and i'll try to stop gunking up this thread (bless you, mods) - the easiest way to share your submitted bets is with this wonderful button on your generated ticket page:
OjTTyOR.png

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Brad is the SMARTEST MAN in the room! I kept saying while watching the bets that I would put everything on Todd Howard not apologizing on stage.

EVERYTHING.

E-Z-est money!

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Hey everyone-

Zf0lXnO.png

Amazing work man.
NVnYDdk.png

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
ngLdb9E.png

Easiest bets ever. Loaded up on Howard not apologizing, he won't even be present at Bethesda's conference.

Last edited: