• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Actually, I find that the short draw distance makes the game feel more mysterious and bigger than it is.

I found that it is actually pretty much mandatory. Really world shattering when you can pretty much see every single location when you go up a mild hill. The slow movement speed disguised how small the game actually was.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
If I've mucked around with both Oblivion and Skyrim in 3rd person, will I find Morrowind playable in 3rd person too (as in not too frustrating) ?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Real curious to see how this performs on XB1 and the X. KOTOR, even with some variance, benefited a lot from 60fps because of the original's uncapped framerate.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Protip: For new people starting out, you probably want to head to Vivec City and pick up the spells to restore your stats.

Like, all of them.

Because holy fuck are some enemies annoying without that.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
First thing I do on every run is head towards Ebonheart and pick up the Glass Jinkblade in one of the underwater caves nearby. Makes early fights so much less annoying.

Oct 24, 2017
First thing I do on every run is head towards Ebonheart and pick up the Glass Jinkblade in one of the underwater caves nearby. Makes early fights so much less annoying.
I always steal a bunch of shit from the general store in Seyda Neen with the jumping trick, grab the axe from the stump by the lighthouse, and at least go up the road to grab the wizard's stuff.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Cheat codes for anyone who wants them, translated to the bumpers since there are no black/white buttons:

NOTE: You have to highlight the stat you want to use the code for. After you type in the code, immediately press A. While holding A, back out of the stats menu and the effect will still be active. There are two caveats. First, if you navigate to any other item on your stats page, or any other page in your B menus, you will have to reapply the code. You also cannot apply any of these codes without having already lost any health/magicka/stamina.

Unlimited Stamina Regen: RB, RB, LB, LB, RB

Unlimited Health Regen: RB, LB, RB, RB, RB

Unlimited Magicka Regen: RB, LB, LB, RB, LB

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Apologies for the double post, but this one doesn't fit with my last one.
AyYLWGv.png

Here's my build.

POST YOUR BUILDS, Y'ALL.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Nice so the vanilla disc version DOES give you the GOTY version for Morrowind!

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018
If you're playing this for the first time you should check out the map online somewhere. The game came with a physical map that was really detailed and nice-looking and was very, very useful for navigating the roads and wilderness. It has all the dungeons and towns and everything drawn and labeled. One of the coolest and most practical physical maps that's ever come with a game IMO.

Oct 27, 2017
I have Morrowind on PC, but it's one of those games I just can't get my head around to playing. And I adore playing og DE and System Shock 2. I wonder if this version could do the trick... if I had an Xbox

FroMonk

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy.
Makes me want to celebrate Morrowind getting released for BC on XBox1 by finding my Oblivion GOTY discs.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
My tip for all the new players is to NOT LOOK UP ANYTHING. No guides, no easy to obtain powerful items. The game is designed for you to explore on your own. There is almost nothing pushing you in any direction in the game, and that's one of the its strongest qualities. Don't ruin it by looking up power-leveling, exploits, and easily obtained artifcats. Discover them on your own, if you can.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Holy shit it looks fantastic. I can't wait to get home and download it.

And hearing that it's 60fps has me giddy. I remember getting close to that in some of the tiny interiors on OG box, but only when I was looking down or up. Lol