• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The only thing in the crown store that's super useful (but also super expensive) is the banker.

Otherwise, I'd get a nice costume to cover up your noob gear and a sweet ride (mount).

DoktorWampe

Oct 30, 2017
The big Adventurer pack is currently on sale for 1000 crowns. Three costumes, a horse, exp scrolls and scrolls to train your horse. Some potions too!

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Thinking of subscribing to ESO Plus actually.

I think that you receive 1500 Crowns each month, am I right?

If I stop subscribing will I keep the Crowns?

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, my crafting bag is already packed full of things that I wouldn't have space for otherwise. It's super useful.
I'm currently trying to do play a stamina dragonknight. It's kind of weird I have to get my skills up in level before I can actually turn them in to stamina skills though. At least I think that's how that works?

DoktorWampe

Oct 30, 2017
cant say much about the Dragonknight, but i remember some Skills from the Templar and the Nightblade to be morpheable into stamina skills. I am leveling a glass cannon Mage / Healer, again...

Does somebody know if the Horns of Reach DLC is just Dungeons, or are there any new areas to discover? I Really liked Orsinium and the Goldcoast, so i was wondering if there is more of that.

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, my crafting bag is already packed full of things that I wouldn't have space for otherwise. It's super useful.
I'm currently trying to do play a stamina dragonknight. It's kind of weird I have to get my skills up in level before I can actually turn them in to stamina skills though. At least I think that's how that works?

Yeah. That's the case with skills that are magicka by default but have a stamina morph and vice versa.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
This OT is incredibly pretty. Good job Taker34 =D

Does somebody know if the Horns of Reach DLC is just Dungeons, or are there any new areas to discover? I Really liked Orsinium and the Goldcoast, so i was wondering if there is more of that.
Yeah, just dungeons. But their release schedule of new exploration areas every 6 months (big then small, Vvardenfell then Clockwork City this year) is really awesome for an MMO, and I hope they can keep it up. Although, it also makes me sad seeing how highly polished and unique (environmentally, architecturally) they are compared to the vanilla zones, where every building looks the same across each province/culture. I kinda wish they'd created less zones at launch, and given them as much love as the DLC has had. Vvardenfell for example doesn't even have any room left to develop, so that's going to look awful and completely lore-inaccurate for ever =(

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Completed Mario Odyssey last night so time to tackle Clockwork City! Having 4.8 million enlightenment is a nice bonus, too.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Am I supposed to wear a certain kind of armour as a dragonknight?
Wear whatever you like :)

But basic advice to follow is:
1) Pick a stat: Stamina or Magicka. Sink every single attribute point at level up into that one stat. Ignore health and use food to buff that while leveling.
2) For magicka, use mostly light armour (5+ pieces). For stamina, mostly medium (5+ pieces). Heavy can work just fine, making you super tanky, but is mostly used in PVP since the other two boost damage more.
3) When picking skills and skill morphs, keep in mind that skills costing Stamina will have their damage scale with your Stamina stat, and skills costing Magicka will scale with your Magicka stat.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget to add yourselves to the ERA player database!

Submission form: https://goo.gl/jhv5BH
Database view: https://goo.gl/6z79ib

I created a PS4 NA guild for ResetERA last night so I'll be actively sending out invites whenever I see someone on the same platform/region pop into the database. :)

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I'll sign up for NA PS4 later this afternoon. Was running into some issues with the drop down boxes on mobile.

Anyone else play on a pro with boost mode on? Running into some loading timeouts in certain zones yesterday. Was first time playing on boost mode but it could just be the servers though.

DoktorWampe

Oct 30, 2017
Yep, same here. Had the infinite loading issue 4 or 5 times Yesterday. Relogging helped.

Any name suggestions for the Guild?

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
I was also getting zone load timeouts in standard PS4 so I think it may have been their servers.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So, I get that for levelling/exploring it probably ultimately doesn't matter, but when I look up races/classes etc I don't see much love for Nords (I want to try a Nord character for that faction). I was thinking either stam DK or stam Templar, but I already have a Breton magicka templar which seems to play very smoothly. Also, for stamina I see only recommendations for dual 1h weapons and like "2h is for pvp only". How true is that?
(if it matters, I only have the base game, so no Imperials or Wardens for me)

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Nord isn't pure min-max for stamina right now, but the race does great for either. Also, the difference between Nord and say Redguard really isn't that big and only really matters for the 1%.

So, for stamina DPS, dual-wield/bow is generally considered best, but I run my stamina Warden 2H/bow. The DW will out-dps you a bit in a lot of PvE content, but it's not that much.

Plus 2H is simply badass, and as a 2h/bow, you have a really seamless transition back and forth from PvE to PvP, which I dig.

Should mention that 2h/dw is really viable too, but I don't like it as much since the nerf to Steel Tornado range.

Edit: change is to isn't

Last edited:

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
So, I get that for levelling/exploring it probably ultimately doesn't matter, but when I look up races/classes etc I don't see much love for Nords (I want to try a Nord character for that faction). I was thinking either stam DK or stam Templar, but I already have a Breton magicka templar which seems to play very smoothly. Also, for stamina I see only recommendations for dual 1h weapons and like "2h is for pvp only". How true is that?
(if it matters, I only have the base game, so no Imperials or Wardens for me)
I love 2H in PVE! Really, whenever someone says "X isn't viable" in this game, they really mean "X isn't optimal". If you're into min/maxing, then sure, specific race/class/weapon/armour combos will matter to you. But if you're fine with being a few to several % points lower in DPS capability or survivability, then you can still play with literally any combination you like. You certainly won't find you can't complete specific content in the game. Just that it might take you a little bit longer than with optimal builds. Fun and personalization is usually worth that trade though =)

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
From my understanding, you don't have to worry about which race is best for what class. Everything is viable unless you reach the peak end-game and want to run veteran trials with leaderboard guilds who min-max everything.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Thanks, people. For now I'm not worried about end game or group stuff. It's just that ESO is so much broader/seemingly more impactful in terms of builds than the other MMOs I play.
I'll play around with things and see what sticks.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks, people. For now I'm not worried about end game or group stuff. It's just that ESO is so much broader/seemingly more impactful in terms of builds than the other MMOs I play.
I'll play around with things and see what sticks.

Just follow the playstyle you like the most.

Builds are indeed going to matter but only if you embark on PvP or in Dungeons\Trials.

Otherwise, go with the one you are having most fun!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Clockwork City is great so far. They really have nailed the DLC content in this game. Will be interesting to see what they plan to do for the next expansion chapter.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Just a heads up. the Orsinium DLC will be 75% starting this Thursday for those who don't have it yet:

The Orsinium two-year anniversary event begins on November 16 at 10AM EST and will run until November 27 at 10AM EST. During this time, both the base DLC game pack and limited Collector's Bundle will be on sale in the in-game Crown Store at discounted prices.

The Orsinium DLC game pack will be available for 750 crowns (75% off its regular 3000 crown price tag) and features access to the Wrothgar zone, an epic storyline, two public dungeons, and the Maelstrom arena. The Orsinium Collector's Bundle will be available for 2000 crowns (60% off its regular 5000 crowns price tag) and includes the base DLC game pack, the mighty Cave Bear mount, a Cave Bear Cub pet, and five experience scrolls.

PunishedOkabe

From a certain point of view, this isn't a copy
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Morrowind Edition the base game + Morrowind?

If I want to get started on this, should I buy the Gold Edition or the Morrowind one?

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

If I want to get started on this, should I buy the Gold Edition or the Morrowind one?

Yeah. Morrowind Edition is base game plus the Morrowind DLC.

Gold Edition is the base game plus the first four paid DLC: Orsinium, Imperial City, Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood.

Gold has a lot more content overall. Guess it depends on price. Neither will get you all content.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017

If you played Morrowind (the original one) and want a great nostalgic ride with good content, maybe Morrowind Edition.

You get the base, which already has a LOT of stuff, and also Morrowind which adds more great content.

If not, maybe Gold Edition is best for you.

In Service

Nov 12, 2017
Any active XBO / EU guilds around?

Just starting a character for the first time and would like to join a community so that I can ask silly questions.

Oct 25, 2017
So this game is like $12 bucks on PSN.

1. Is that an OK starting point?

2. Are there people still playing the game in the beginner zones? (I don't like getting late in MMO's because first half is lifeless because everyone has moved on to the late part of the game)

3. Is this game actually good? I heard a LOT of shit talked about it in the early days, I remember that much. Has that stuff been rectified?

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
Been tempted to pick this up for a while. Is the gold edition worth it? Or should I stick with the base game.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thinking of getting this in the upcoming steam sale. Gold edition + morrowind? Or just morrowind - which comes with tamriel vanilla?

Also, I'm in Asia yet I couldn't find an Asian server, is that correct? If so, I'm guessing EU is the way to go?

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

2. Are there people still playing the game in the beginner zones? (I don't like getting late in MMO's because first half is lifeless because everyone has moved on to the late part of the game)

3. Is this game actually good? I heard a LOT of shit talked about it in the early days, I remember that much. Has that stuff been rectified?

1. Both vanilla and Morrowind are fine are starting points.

2. Yes. Everything scales to cp160, which helps keep most zones active.

3. Yes. Biggest complaint is they made early game a tad too easy.

Been tempted to pick this up for a while. Is the gold edition worth it? Or should I stick with the base game.

Orsinium is some of the best single-player content in the game, and the rest of the content is quite good too. You could always grab it later, though.

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thinking of getting this in the upcoming steam sale. Gold edition + morrowind? Or just morrowind - which comes with tamriel vanilla?

Also, I'm in Asia yet I couldn't find an Asian server, is that correct? If so, I'm guessing EU is the way to go?

You could start with Morrowind and then grab the other stuff later. It's all good but can't recommend buying all the content for a game you haven't played yet.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The early game (launch into first year) was ripped because it was missing a lot of features. It's a different game now compared to then.

Although I still say the overland content including story missions are still on the too easy side. The only challenging content in the game is the group stuff.

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That was really the worst change with One Tamriel. ESO used to be a pretty hard game. It didn't hold you hand.

You mastered your abilities. Got ready for group content. Felt really good about what you'd accomplished.

When I first reached veteran ranks, I remember waiting outside delves for help. Now, any new player who's an experienced gamer can tear ass with junk gear.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The everything-is-max-level aspect (i think that's what it is?) seems to have messed with some quests and features that I presume were formerly level-locked. Like the stuff with the Prophet and the guilds, and as soon as you get into the first main town you get an offer to go do some other content in Daggerfall, i think. When is/was that stuff 'supposed' to be done?

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017

Already answered but YES, a big YES. It's the same starting point I had, and I bought Morrowind for nostalgia sake,even if it is great content! The base ESO has a LOT to do, really a LOT.

It's a great game and has a lot of people playing!

Edit:

https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/933399738854101009

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
hmm... you start in Morrowind with a new character?

Finally bought the expansion because its half off and I've been wanting to make a Warden, and it sent me straight to Morrowind at lvl 1?

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
hmm... you start in Morrowind with a new character?

Finally bought the expansion because its half off and I've been wanting to make a Warden, and it sent me straight to Morrowind at lvl 1?

Yes. You can just move on to your faction or whatever if you prefer, but I think playing through Morrowind first works pretty well story-wise.