• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Did some Cyrodiil PvP to level assault and support to 6, what a slog. Needs a major revamp imo.

I've leveled Assault to 4 on two characters via deathmatch BGs. It's been very fun for me. Nothing too serious, no one raging over losses and it's relatively quick. (getting to Rank 6 which my partner needs to do for her DPS DK will take a bit longer I'm sure but BGs are short, quick and fun so I'm okay with it :D)

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Do battlegrounds instead. Still a slog but much more consistent AP. Even last place still gets you 7.5k AP

I've leveled Assault to 4 on two characters via deathmatch BGs. It's been very fun for me. Nothing too serious, no one raging over losses and it's relatively quick. (getting to Rank 6 which my partner needs to do for her DPS DK will take a bit longer I'm sure but BGs are short, quick and fun so I'm okay with it :D)

I completely forgot about battlegrounds. Anyway the XP rate wasn't too bad since I found a good group to capture resources and keeps with but it was just pretty boring. Not a big fan of zerg based PvP.

Last edited:

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to post about this but the other day, I had my first experience with a Fake Healer. I was on my second character along with my partner (tank for me, dps for her) and we did a random dungeon, got Darkshade 1.

Being used to having my partner as the healer, I haven't experienced fake healers. Possibly Fake Tanks but that's it.

Died several times up util the boss that has that defensive instinct ability where we wiped. They had heals but they seemed to be self heals and even then, died. They rage quit after we wiped, we got a new healer and we then proceeded to do the dungeon without much problem as we got an actual healer :D.

On the bright side, I think I did an okay job tanking. Wish we had some aoe taunts for trash pulls but I was able to keep bosses on me and many adds with my pierce armor ability. So I think I did a good job at least :D

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Aoe taunts would make it a lot easier, but I think I kind of prefer it the way it is now that I'm used to it. I keep pierce on the main bar and inner fire on the back in case I need to taunt ads off the healer.

My warden tank is definitely what I play most in dungeons.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
How should I allocate Attribute point for Dragonknight Tank (that still have some decent DPS, not looking to do Veteran/Trials, so not looking for min/maxing)

Also just finished every single base game Dungeon, the Version II ones are on another level difficulty wise...City Of Ash (both version) probably my favorite (it's basically TESIV on steroid), followed by Blessed Crucible, followed by Spindleclutch.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Forgot to post about this but the other day, I had my first experience with a Fake Healer. I was on my second character along with my partner (tank for me, dps for her) and we did a random dungeon, got Darkshade 1.

Being used to having my partner as the healer, I haven't experienced fake healers. Possibly Fake Tanks but that's it.

Died several times up util the boss that has that defensive instinct ability where we wiped. They had heals but they seemed to be self heals and even then, died. They rage quit after we wiped, we got a new healer and we then proceeded to do the dungeon without much problem as we got an actual healer :D.

On the bright side, I think I did an okay job tanking. Wish we had some aoe taunts for trash pulls but I was able to keep bosses on me and many adds with my pierce armor ability. So I think I did a good job at least :D

Had my first case of fake Healer too yesterday while doing Wayrest Sewer 2. On the first few trash mob fight, dude literally use Restostaff heavy attack to 'heal'....no Healing Spring, no Regen, or any kind of healing ability (and he is Templar too, I saw him spamming Puncturing Strike)

Put up a vote to kick and apparently the other two player agree.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
How should I allocate Attribute point for Dragonknight Tank (that still have some decent DPS, not looking to do Veteran/Trials, so not looking for min/maxing)

Also just finished every single base game Dungeon, the Version II ones are on another level difficulty wise...City Of Ash (both version) probably my favorite (it's basically TESIV on steroid), followed by Blessed Crucible, followed by Spindleclutch.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-tank-build-pve/

I'm just using this which has a section on attribute points (20 mag, 10 health, rest stam). Besides that, idk. Even with my main (a mag sorc) where people usually say most classes should be all stam or all mag, I put 10 health, rest into mag just because I feel like I should have some points into health lol. But Attribute points wise, I'm unsure on best way to spread them so would defer to a guide like this I guess.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope lol I really should read more, is it a log in do a quest kind of thing, I've just been getting the usual login bonus and my helper mail

Log in and do one of 7(?) different events. Can do a delve, world boss, dungeon, trial, arena, dolmen/geyser. Each of those will give a gold plunder skull the first time you do them each day. The first gold plunder skull gives you an event ticket as well. Different dremora motifs drop from the different event gold skulls.

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
Log in and do one of 7(?) different events. Can do a delve, world boss, dungeon, trial, arena, dolmen/geyser. Each of those will give a gold plunder skull the first time you do them each day. The first gold plunder skull gives you an event ticket as well. Different dremora motifs drop from the different event gold skulls.

Ah thank you, I got one from a delve quest the other day. Been flitting on and off, will pay more attention to what I'm doing.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah thank you, I got one from a delve quest the other day. Been flitting on and off, will pay more attention to what I'm doing.

You can check your event tickets in the currency section of the inventory list. I believe there are still 10 more days as of this moment where you can earn a ticket so make sure you get 1 gold skull a day and then trade your 10 event tickets for a feather from the impresario who can be found at each of the alliance starting cities. If you manage to acquire 10 tickets from each of the next 3 events and this one you can get an Indrik mount.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/54935

That link explains each of the upcoming events and what you'll need to do to get the mount.

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
You can check your event tickets in the currency section of the inventory list. I believe there are still 10 more days as of this moment where you can earn a ticket so make sure you get 1 gold skull a day and then trade your 10 event tickets for a feather from the impresario who can be found at each of the alliance starting cities. If you manage to acquire 10 tickets from each of the next 3 events and this one you can get an Indrik mount.

That link explains each of the upcoming events and what you'll need to do to get the mount.

Thank you so much I will take a read though it all.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
So lots of shield nerf complaining today. I'm likt w/e over that since I'm console and we don't get the patch for a few weeks so I don't know how much it will affect me.

That said, what sounds like an unintended bug seems to be introduced. Namely in any content where pets can take damage, they die very quickly (2 - 3 hits). Seen stuff on both reddit and the official forums about it. Stuff like WB light attacks doing massive dmg to the pets than they used to.

Any PC players who use pets (sorc though Warden bear someone said died in 3 light attack hits to a boss) can confirm? SInce I saw nothing in the patch notes that indicates that pets get hurt more or anything. So if true, it feels like a bug maybe?

Also side note: I saw a thread on the official forums (and one on reddit but that one had no pictures) where some WBs have loads of dead adds around them. They look alive but are marked as dead. Looks hilarious, kinda sad that I won't get to see it assuming it's fixed/cleaned up by the console patch date.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Any point of getting event tickets if I won't be able to get the 4 feathers since I probably won't own clockwork city anytime soon? Do event tickets carry over to the next thing?

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Any point of getting event tickets if I won't be able to get the 4 feathers since I probably won't own clockwork city anytime soon? Do event tickets carry over to the next thing?

Each event is meant to up the ticket amount by 1 to help people catch up so even if you miss the clockwork city event, you should still be able to get enough feathers I think?

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017

you should be able to,i don't have clockwork city either.but the upcoming undaunted festival gives three tickets a day for completing a dungeon.

Undaunted Celebration Event: November 29 – December 5

To earn Event Tickets during the Undaunted Celebration Event, you must complete a dungeon (Normal or Veteran). You will receive three Event Tickets from the final boss of the first dungeon you complete in addition to the normal rewards. You don't have to be in a random dungeon LFG group to earn your Event Tickets!

plus any feathers you miss can still be got during another festival,from the same link as above:

Every time a new in-game event starts, you'll be able to purchase the new Indrik Feather AND any previous feathers. You are not locked out of purchasing feathers from previous events, so if you weren't able to collect enough Event Tickets previously, you always have a chance to catch up.

Pollux

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it viable to be a khajit DK stamina dps build? Just picked this up and I always go 2H in elder scrolls games so just wondering if that's viable. Just casually playing with a friend and not planning on doing any bleeding edge stuff. Mainly for the grind and story

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Is it viable to be a khajit DK stamina dps build? Just picked this up and I always go 2H in elder scrolls games so just wondering if that's viable. Just casually playing with a friend and not planning on doing any bleeding edge stuff. Mainly for the grind and story
You can be whatever you want to be, even a filthy broadsword cat.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Race only matters a bit if you are really interested in endgame content. Go for looks.

They look great to me imo.

e.g.

CzU2HgZUAAECRNl.jpg

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Murkmire being out definitely makes me wish I had more argo characters. I'm not super obsessive about min/maxing but I will stay away from choices I know to be "wrong" and as such I have no argo stamina characters and only a couple magicka.

My argo magicka warden is only like level 11 though so that could be fun to mess with, especially with the bonus xp.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone,

There is a bug introduced with Update 20 on PC/Mac that is currently affecting player pet survivability. Player pets should have a greater damage reduction (85% less damage taken) from area-of-effect and damage-over-time abilities in non-group zones. Right now, that is not the case - this is not intended and it will be fixed in an upcoming incremental patch. Player pets will continue to be immune to all damage in Group Dungeons, Trials, and Group Arenas, as they are now.

Thank you!

In regards to the pet thing I mentioned earlier. Guess that means we console players shouldn't get the bug when we get murkmire

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty hilarious how ZOS coders are so bad they they gave up on improving pet AI and just went ahead and made them immune to all damage/mechanics in trials etc.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty hilarious how ZOS coders are so bad they they gave up on improving pet AI and just went ahead and made them immune to all damage/mechanics in trials etc.

This isn't really something you can blame them for, *Every* MMO ends up implementing something like this to make pet classes viable in high end content, because otherwise pet classes just don't work.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
So I did my first trial today, normal AA. Died a few times both in my solo run (where I joined a group by myself to try it out) and my run with my partner.

Was fun if a bit laggy (all those effects, hard to see shit in there lol). She was a healer but I also assisted with my healing pet along with dps (sorc two pet build :D) which was good since the lightning in the first boss hits a lot of us hard. I had an eye of the mechanics after the first run - or at least the mechanics I could see.

Might try nCR at some point since normal trials are being run a lot just now for the skulls.

Also want to try normal DSA so we can get an arena skull (for the achievement) and for the final two dremora pieces we need (and for me, chest which I should get one day doing trials before the end of the event)

I've played ESO basically every day since Summerset event. I've had a load of fun :D

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So I did my first trial today, normal AA.

Yeah, I tried out nAA and nHRC due to the Dremora Plunder Skulls. I died in nAA by falling down a gap to get to a boss which was humiliating but so did like 5 other people so lots of trial noobs in there. lol

I agree with how you're supposed to make out anything during boss fights in these things. So much AoE spam and spells going off I had no idea what to dodge but since this was an easy trial we just out-DPS'ed it without too much trouble.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I tried out nAA and nHRC due to the Dremora Plunder Skulls. I died in nAA by falling down a gap to get to a boss which was humiliating but so did like 5 other people so lots of trial noobs in there. lol

I agree with how you're supposed to make out anything during boss fights in these things. So much AoE spam and spells going off I had no idea what to dodge but since this was an easy trial we just out-DPS'ed it without too much trouble.

how was nHRC? (I think I saw some recruiting for that as well).

On my second run, both me and my partner did the same thing. She did it twice even. :( nice though is that people waited (then again she was one of two healers sooooo...)

And yeah, all those effects. Fuck knows how people do Veteran trials with actual mechanics with all those effects

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
nHRC was pretty easy, too. Both were really cool in terms of the environments so I'm more interested in experiencing the other trials now.

The only thing that kinda sucks is there's really no way to take it slow, do some sight seeing, and listen to the quest dialogue or read any of the books placed because your team would hate you.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I read nAA was the easiest which is why I did it first. glad nHRC is easy, might try that if I see anyone recruiting (I don't want to create my own group unless I HAVE to since I am not familiar with the content)

The only thing that kinda sucks is there's really no way to take it slow, do some sight seeing, and listen to the quest dialogue or read any of the books placed because your team would hate you.

This is the only thing I hate about Trials and the harder dungeon. You would need 3 or 11 other people like you willing to be slow to do that.

THAT SAID, if you have at least one other person like I do, it's easy enough to sight see. But quest text wise, yeah SOL outside of youtube vids. :(

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Hence why I try to solo dungeons first so I can explore and do the corresponding quest on my own pace. Sadly not possible for every dungeon and defeats a bit the purpose of them but oh well.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
This is the only thing I hate about Trials and the harder dungeon. You would need 3 or 11 other people like you willing to be slow to do that.

THAT SAID, if you have at least one other person like I do, it's easy enough to sight see. But quest text wise, yeah SOL outside of youtube vids. :(

I think it would be cool if ZOS added an option for a solo instance for trials for these reasons. It could have the difficulty of how public dungeons are currently (so not that hard). Of course things like achievements and rewards would be disabled. Hell, I don't even care if they would turn off XP, too. Simply an option so you can have the chance to experience the quest and complete the trial at your own pace.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Are all these alliance points I'm getting from daily logins this month particularly valuable?
Not really. They are a currency in PvP and also level your assault and support skill lines.

In other news I just got a Skeletal Wolf from the free crown crate. This is like the fourth mount I have gotten from all those free crown crates and then I look at the drop rates and they seem to be piss poor (http://www.crowncrates.com/). Am I just lucky or does Zenimax increase the odds for those free crown crates?

Mount looks great by the way and has some neat special effects as well.

ajaT93H.jpg

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a Facebook-Update that Murkmire-DLC will be free if you login for 24 times in November. More infos on Elderscrolls.com
The Elder Scrolls Online
Loggt euch 24 Mal im November ein, sichert euch die täglichen Belohnungen, um somit den Murkmire DLC kostenlos zu erhalten.

WWW.ELDERSCROLLSONLINE.COM

Erhaltet Murkmire GRATIS
Tägliche Belohnungen: November

That's awesome!

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I'm quite happy with this Witche's Festival event. Thanks to it, I tried normal Dragonstar Arena (the mechanics aren't too tricky. Trickiest part was Round 7 due to having to kill the sacrifices asap and final boss but now I tend to do it with 3 DPS and a healer and the boss dies so quickly haha) along with normal AA, HR and CR trials. I think I have the CR mechanics down well enough but I haven't been hit by the cursed weapon yet nor have I teleported down. But I've tried to notice all the mechanics while I DPS the bosses. Also with HR, I've only done one of the two bosses (the one where you need to split into two groups for).

I also use Twilight Matriarch and make sure to back up the healers Just to make sure we don't wipe (and tbf we've not wiped yet in any trial I've done).

Doubt I'll ever try Vet Trials but I wouldn't mind trying Vet Dragonstar at some point.

I also feel somewhat confident about trying Blackrose Prison as it's another 4 star arena.

(maybe one day I'll do Maelstrom arena. Wish it was at least duo instead of solo but oh well)

Side note: Have all but Jewelry at 50 crafting, etc wise and Jewelry is at 32ish. Will probably split my time between dolmens and Trials for Jewelry so I can get it up to max. (also not found any master writs yet lol, I know they are rare but I can't help but wonder when I'll get one)

Side note 2: Also once we're at 300CP, need to get the courage to do the DLC dungeon Vet mode for the Earthgore head for my partner (she already has the shoulders). Not looking forward to it I admit >_<

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Be prepared to spend quite a few hours learning vMA. Once you do learn it though, you'll be able to clear it more quickly each time. My first clear took about 6hours to learn the mechanics and form strategy. Now I clear in about an hour.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
We just beat our first DLC dungeon (normal), Falkreath Hold. We only did it once and got up to the 3rd boss but this time, we did it, no wipes and only a few deaths (two for me, one for the other dps and two for the tank). I'm quite proud of us.

Figured out most of the mechanics as well and tried to make sure to pull my weight :D

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here power level characters? I saw some comments on Reddit that people leveled multiple characters during this XP event. How? I ended up picking up my characters on PC since I'm sick of the X1X performance dips. I'm leveling a NB. It's going fast, but I dunno how people say they can do it in 5-6 hours. The Alkir Dolmens are supposed to be decently quick, right? I have full training gear, the 100% XP boost, 50% XP scroll. It was pretty fast until ~40, but each level started taking like an hour of dolmens, so I just started questing because it at least isn't mind numbing.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's extremely easy to level characters in this game with the xp boost items, scrolls etc that stack.

Dolmens for xp is decently fast, but the worst way to do it. Questing is relatively fast as long as you know what to do, where to go, and you have no down-time. Some people do skyreach/spellscar - that's basically the same thing in my opinion. Don't forget to do the random daily, that alone usually gives you 1-2 levels later on.

Also, I wouldn't worry about not getting multiple characters up during this event, ZOS has 100% xp buff in pretty much all it's events, of which we're getting 2 more this year.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yeah, it might have changed with all the updates but I remember having someone run Skyreach with you in Craglorn with stacked XP boosts was the fastest way to go from 1-50.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but are we talking 5-6hrs fast? That's 10levels per hour. Even the random daily can take 15-30mins depending on dungeon and later on that's only 1 (maybe 2) levels later on, and once per day.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
So for the first time I saw someone in a normal AA, try to sell a Restro staff for 150k.

Never seen that before. Usually people trade what they don't need but this is the first time I've seen someone try to sell something.