• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people suck, they'd rather decon than help someone out. AA of all places, Christ that's like trying to sell dungeon gear.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently, a free trial for ESO+ will be running for the Clockwork City event so cheapskates like me can get the event tickets without the DLC.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Some people suck, they'd rather decon than help someone out. AA of all places, Christ that's like trying to sell dungeon gear.

It really sucks since my partner is looking for the mending set (Jewlery + Restro/lightning staffs) but no reply when she asked, he just kept linking it and saying "150k" in group chat.

Like I said, it's the first time I've seen that since I started doing trials last week (I've also learned to take note of when I got the weekly trial rewards since they reset on a weird individual timer instead of at the start of the week)

Apparently, a free trial for ESO+ will be running for the Clockwork City event so cheapskates like me can get the event tickets without the DLC.

Got a link for this?

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's a bummer. Apparently there's a bug with very old PC accounts that you don't get the full 4mil enlightenment on your first 50. That sorta takes the wind outta my sails.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
oof, finally did 150 of those prologue dailies for the Murkmire Prepper title.

On the bright side I also got like 70 new pieces of furniture just in case I ever get a Murkmire home. lol

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55165

So the free week of ESO+ is dropping on the 15th. What DLC do you think would be realistic for me to get through in a week? I'm thinking the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood might be short enough to get through.

If you haven't started them, you should at least do so, especially for the blade of woe from the Dark Brotherhood one. I only started the main quest of that DLC just so I could get it haha.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been having a productive week of free ESO+ trying to do as much of the story dlcs as I can. I'm not doing Orsinium and Clockwork (outside of the daily quest) because apparently they take part after the base game stuff which I've not done and I care about story like a nerd.

But I have gotten through all of Thieves and Dark Brotherhood this week. And now I'm doing the Imperial City story and yea...this Arena quest, The Watcher in the Walls ain't happening I guess. Seems impossible to do solo, at least at my low level.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been having a productive week of free ESO+ trying to do as much of the story dlcs as I can. I'm not doing Orsinium and Clockwork (outside of the daily quest) because apparently they take part after the base game stuff which I've not done and I care about story like a nerd.

Yeah, it's base -> Ori ->

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Daedric_War_Storyline

Then those ones ^ (not done the sweetroll killer one though because I've not done much of the Dark Brotherhood quests outside of unlocking the blade of woe).

I just got onto Summerset myself (finished the prologue quest today). Loving the story :D

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Rushing through the DLC main story line for the free ESO+ week.

Orsinium main story is surprisingly really good, Imperial City is basically the finale of Oblivion on steroid and Clockwork City is really cool.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017

Then those ones ^ (not done the sweetroll killer one though because I've not done much of the Dark Brotherhood quests outside of unlocking the blade of woe).

I just got onto Summerset myself (finished the prologue quest today). Loving the story :D

I just did that Sweetroll Killer ep and it had some interesting stuff in it so glad to see it apparently will be furthered developed down the line.

Also, I ended up doing that arena quest by hiding in the corner while a level 810 dude from a rival faction did the work for me. Feels good man.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017

Man that's cool. I just can't stop playing this game. Making my way through Clockwork City cause of the event. The quests are pretty solid. I guess I should do the Vivec stuff first huh?

How accurate is Tamriel Trade Center for consoles? I kinda have no idea how the guild trading works and if I should engage with it. I have so much extra gear from Murkmire and now CWC that I should sell (maybe?). I'm keeping some for future me, but I have a number of purple pieces that might catch a fair price (and some motifs). Otherwise I'm just gonna deconstruct the gear. I see people link gear and prices sometimes in chat, but I have no idea if that's accurate.

Last edited:

Artadius

Avenger
Jan 15, 2018
Noticed this is on my new xbox one x via Game Pass. Is it good and does it require any type of sub to play? Can you play through a good portion as a solo player for story like you would in a traditional Elder Scrolls game?

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Noticed this is on my new xbox one x via Game Pass. Is it good and does it require any type of sub to play? Can you play through a good portion as a solo player for story like you would in a traditional Elder Scrolls game?

The game pass version of the game is the 'base' game which contains A LOT of content. There is a main story, 3 Alliance factions, and 2 guild quest lines, in addition to all the side quests in the zones. I think the base game is ~12-15 zones. All of the DLC, outside of Summerset, is included with ESO+ (15$/mo). It's by no means required. You do need XBL Gold to play though as it's a multiplayer game. Pretty much all content is solo friendly. Even some group content can be solo'd once you're high enough level. I started playing the game pass version and I'm pretty hooked.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Free Murkmire today if you've been logging in every day so far. Anyone who's played it know if there's any particular story continuation from another plot line?

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Summerset is €12 on EU Psn. Worth it or will it only go lower at some point? It will be a while before I get to that content so it might be better to wait.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Summerset is €12 on EU Psn. Worth it or will it only go lower at some point? It will be a while before I get to that content so it might be better to wait.

If you enjoy crafting and plan on doing jewel crafting I'd get it now rather than later because it can take some time to level to 50 if you don't farm dolmens for 12 hours and decon everything. Otherwise I'd hold off.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
If you enjoy crafting and plan on doing jewel crafting I'd get it now rather than later because it can take some time to level to 50 if you don't farm dolmens for 12 hours and decon everything. Otherwise I'd hold off.
Yea, you're probably right I should hold off. Morrowind got rolled into the base game, right? I have from buying the base game a few months ago but did it become freely available to everyone?

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I am aware, it is included in the base game now. I have a few friends who picked the game up recently and Morrowind came included.

That's for new purchases though. If you already had an account before Summerset you need Plus. It was also never clear if old packaging / keys of the base game will include Morrowind if redeemed now or if you need the "new" SKU.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I got bored and bought this game on PC during a moment of weakness. I played a ton of PS4 a while back, and a few minutes into this, I'm reminded of why I stopped. This game feels so F2P, that it's unbearable. Way too much emphasis on the cash shop. A ton of hugely overpriced DLC packs at $20-$25 each for a few hours worth of content. Anything cool in this game costs real money. Want a mount that isn't a horse? Well, you can't earn any in-game, so bust out another $20 for a basic re-skin. Same with pets. And then there are lootboxes on top of everything else.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I got bored and bought this game on PC during a moment of weakness. I played a ton of PS4 a while back, and a few minutes into this, I'm reminded of why I stopped. This game feels so F2P, that it's unbearable. Way too much emphasis on the cash shop. A ton of hugely overpriced DLC packs at $20-$25 each for a few hours worth of content. Anything cool in this game costs real money. Want a mount that isn't a horse? Well, you can't earn any in-game, so bust out another $20 for a basic re-skin. Same with pets. And then there are lootboxes on top of everything else.

I have 8 mounts and 20+ pets and have never purchased one directly or bought a lootbox.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, how much did you pay for the standard version, 5$? That's basically F2P. I've never found the shop egregious the way others have. ESO is one of the best values in gaming IMO.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, how much did you pay for the standard version, 5$? That's basically F2P. I've never found the shop egregious the way others have. ESO is one of the best values in gaming IMO.

It was ~$20 for TU, Morrowind, and Summerset. That was a fine deal. I'm just bitching about how much it costs to get all of the stuff I already paid for in the PS4 version, because I'm frustrated at starting over, and complaining a bit felt good. A way to transfer everything would be nice.

The mount thing does really bother me, though. I'm a mount collector in WoW, and it's annoying that I can't do the same thing here without spending a ton of money. I'm not saying they shouldn't sell mounts, but it would be nice to earn them through playing more than once a year for some holiday event.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
It was ~$20 for TU, Morrowind, and Summerset. That was a fine deal. I'm just bitching about how much it costs to get all of the stuff I already paid for in the PS4 version, because I'm frustrated at starting over, and complaining a bit felt good. A way to transfer everything would be nice.

The mount thing does really bother me, though. I'm a mount collector in WoW, and it's annoying that I can't do the same thing here without spending a ton of money. I'm not saying they shouldn't sell mounts, but it would be nice to earn them through playing more than once a year for some holiday event.

I agree that the lack of in-game acquirable mounts is shitty, but it's definitely an exaggeration to say "Anything cool in this game costs real money." Even without Morrowind or Summerset, the actual amount of base-game content is pretty damn huge, and there's a ton of appearance options for your characters that are unlocked/acquired without spending any cash.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing with Morrowind expansion. Trying to get used to it - world seems massive. What are some recommended add-ons besides soul shard/lore book?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing with Morrowind expansion. Trying to get used to it - world seems massive. What are some recommended add-ons besides soul shard/lore book?

There are a variety of UI addons for combat/general gameplay, but I'm not sure which one in particular to recommend. I know one of them is called AdvancedUI.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the base game story, I'm confused about the final fight.

Molag bal literally deals 0 damage to me the entire fight, I thought at first this is basically a scripted fight where its impossible to lose, but upon checking the internet apparently you can die even with the amulet of king power ?

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
About 25 hours in and I'm still not done with a small zone and Vvardenfell, of which I presume to be smaller in scope than other zones.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Which addons are a must? Just getting back into ESO now.
Personal preferences ofc, but:

Lui Extended, Combat Metrix, Map Pins, RaidNotifier Updated, Inventory Insight, Tamriel Trade Centre, AwesomeGuildStore, HarvestMap, Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter, pChat, No thank you!, Master Merchant, Advanced Filters.

Also get the required dependencies for the above.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I used to run a mini-map addon but they really mess with your fps after a while. I don't think I've come across one that doesn't require reloaduis in trials.