• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
I feel it's high time they started overhauling the character models in this game. They weren't that great when it launched in 2014 and the ensuing years haven't been kind at all to them.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So, I haven't touched ESO at all, but I just noticed it's 50% off on Steam right now. Was thinking about picking it up to play casually, since WoW is really not doing it for me right now.

How is the game right now? Is the population healthy? Worth playing mostly solo, apart from dungeons?

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
So, I haven't touched ESO at all, but I just noticed it's 50% off on Steam right now. Was thinking about picking it up to play casually, since WoW is really not doing it for me right now.

How is the game right now? Is the population healthy? Worth playing mostly solo, apart from dungeons?

Can't speak for the population on PC, but the PS4 population is extremely healthy, so I assume the PC is similar.

ESO is one of the most solo-friendly MMOs out there. There's hundreds of hours of solo story content in the base game alone.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The Steam reviews say that there are serious issues with the Steam version. Anyone have any idea if these issues are widespread? Sounds like Steam users have issues connecting just after maintenance on Saturdays.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Steam reviews say that there are serious issues with the Steam version. Anyone have any idea if these issues are widespread? Sounds like Steam users have issues connecting just after maintenance on Saturdays.
The issue is that zos as a developer is very bad tbh. If you're coming from wow you will notice the differences almost immediately. You could attribute this to a smaller dev team, or less experienced etc.

Some people say it's steam, but imo it's just zos not giving a crap since a very small portion of their pc population plays through it, and I strongly believe they just can't be bothered fixing it. There have been many days where steam logins just won't work, and it usually takes a while to get fixed.

Many people will recommend not buying on steam, but I'd say it's fine - steam has many pros, and they usually outweigh the cons.

Last edited:

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017

I haven't experienced any serious issues and the population is quite healthy.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The issue is that zos as a developer is very bad tbh. If you're coming from wow you will notice the differences almost immediately. You could attribute this to a smaller dev team, or less experienced etc.

Some people say it's steam, but imo it's just zos not giving a crap since a very small portion of their pc population plays through it, and I strongly believe they just can't be bothered fixing it. There have been many days where steam logins just won't work, and it usually takes a while to get fixed.

Many people will recommend not buying on steam, but I'd say it's fine - steam has many pros, and they usually outweigh the cons.
I haven't experienced any serious issues and the population is quite healthy.

Thanks for the info guys! The game seems insanely cheap for a ton of content, so I may end up picking this up today.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
There is a sale on steam for the Summerset chapter that ends tomorrow for $15. It isn't available through the ESO+ subscription unlike the rest of the DLC since it's considered an expansion.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
I'm thinking about dipping into ESO a I have been in the MMO mood and what perfect timing as I see the standard edition is on sale! Do I get a free month of ESO+ or do I have to buy that separately if I wanted it?

Thanks

Oct 30, 2017
You have to buy it separately.

You get 500 crowns (the premium currency) with the game, afaik. You can also only buy ESO+ with money (not crowns or gold like some other MMO's).

Topper

Oct 27, 2017
Just started back into this game, I've played a little before but didn't really give it a chance. One question is there enough time left in the holiday event to get the indrik mount or should I not worry about it?

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Just started back into this game, I've played a little before but didn't really give it a chance. One question is there enough time left in the holiday event to get the indrik mount or should I not worry about it?

Not enough time. The event tickets can be used in future events though, so you can stockpile them if you want.

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
I've just started this again on the Xbox after playing it on the ps4 a couple of years ago and I'm really enjoying it again, is there an Era European Guild at all that is accepting new players?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Wow, so ZOS confirmed they are going to be selling those event tickets for the Indrik mount on the crown store soon.

I tell ya man, things like this really just turn me off. The crown store in this game is the worst and continues to get worse.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, so ZOS confirmed they are going to be selling those event tickets for the Indrik mount on the crown store soon.

I tell ya man, things like this really just turn me off. The crown store in this game is the worst and continues to get worse.

I agree, the crown store is horribly exploitative. It has loot boxes, too highly priced cosmetics and limited time items. Thank god I just buy what I need from the whales with gold.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I agree, the crown store is horribly exploitative. It has loot boxes, too highly priced cosmetics and limited time items. Thank god I just buy what I need from the whales with gold.

I'm just really annoyed how they just throw everything on there. Like, getting event tickets wasn't hard, but it also meant actually logging in and playing the game every day for months to get the Indrik mount so it felt rewarding to get it. Now whales can just buy tickets and get their mount, making the accomplishment completely irrelevant.

They also put up that gryphon pet which they advertised was only available by gifting people crowns, and now a month later it's in the store for everyone to buy. lol

Just seems real shady.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Is there still an ERA EU guild (if EU guilds are even a thing) going? I've been playing off and on since Morrowind and I guess it's more fun if there's people to talk to every now and then? The EU chats seem pretty ded.

edit oh, no PC guilds? well then :D

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming the new chapter will be this quarter's DLC? There wasn't that much time between Summerset announcement and launch right?

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Do we not have a PC guild? I'm into champion levels and wanting to run dungeons and trials, but i rarely have people to run stuff with

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
Quick question, since I've been replaying this on the Xbox I've been pretty much ignoring the main storyline, should I just keep doing it intermittently or level up and then blast through it, I'm currently level 28 and just doing quests throughout the world?

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question, since I've been replaying this on the Xbox I've been pretty much ignoring the main storyline, should I just keep doing it intermittently or level up and then blast through it, I'm currently level 28 and just doing quests throughout the world?

It scales to your level so really it doesn't matter, unless you are planning to use the soul magic skill line which only levels up with story progression.

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing then, just debating whether to bother with eso plus.
ESO Plus is great if you do any crafting or want to get into the harder dungeons or guild quests like the thieves guild or Dark Brotherhood.

On an unrelated note, if anyone here is on PC NA and wants help with dungeons or crafting, feel free to add me @XTVengeance

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
Thanks for the information, I might sign up for a month and see, for some reason it won't link through the Xbox store so I have to do it through my browser, weird.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Elsweyr hype got me. Leveling a Templar now on NA-US. If anyone wants to add me it's @ ManaByte. Complete newbie now, but I'll be leveling the Templar until Elsweyr comes out and then I'm going Necro. My favorite class!

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I've been leveling templar recently too and really enjoying it. I have an argonian that's a standard magicka templar, and an Orc that is stamina templar (but that's also my werewolf char).

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, ZOS has finally announced the racial passive changes. Coming to the PTS soon. Everyone will get one free race change token, which seems kinda sucky for those of us with multiple maxed out characters. Either way, here is the link:
Racial Passive Changes

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Well, ZOS has finally announced the racial passive changes. Coming to the PTS soon. Everyone will get one free race change token, which seems kinda sucky for those of us with multiple maxed out characters. Either way, here is the link:
Racial Passive Changes

Argonians getting their survivability nerfed without getting their damage buffed is about par for the course. Sigh. I was hoping they would actually make them appealing for PvE damage roles.

Last edited:

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Argonians getting their survivability nerfed without getting their damage buffed is about par for the course. Sigh. I was hoping they would actually make them appealing for PvE damage roles.

I mean, Argonians were basically the best game in the race for two roles - tanking and healing. They still have extremely power passives, but they were wildly overpowered in their previous form. I think they'd have to be nerfed even further to start giving them offensive power.

Not every race is meant to do everything - High Elves still make for weak stamina based damage dps and tanks.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Argonians were basically the best game in the race for two roles - tanking and healing. They still have extremely power passives, but they were wildly overpowered in their previous form. I think they'd have to be nerfed even further to start giving them offensive power.

Not every race is meant to do everything - High Elves still make for weak stamina based damage dps and tanks.

TBH I think they should just remove the potion passive entirely. It carries too much mathematical weight in balancing, is the only racial passive that actually has a gold/resource cost to use, and is overall the primary reason that Argonian racial balance has been wonky for so long. I know that's not a popular opinion, but I think it would be the best option in the long run.

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My Dunmer MagDK that I just finished getting gear for is getting a huge nerf and I'm a little ticked off about it. They keep trying to encourage hybrid builds in the game, but the way damage and scaling work make it futile.

Also my Bosmer Stamblade got a nerf too.

I honestly wish they would just add morphable generic passives and one main racially unique passive instead.