• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Simply put there is a ridiculous amount of content in the base game. I think the base game these days comes with Morrowind as well so that adds the Warden class. I think, and it's been some time so I could be wrong, that you wouldn't have access to the Thieves Guild or the Dark Brotherhood skill lines without those DLCs. You also wouldn't have access to the Psijic Order skill line as that came with the Summerset DLC.

You'd have access to housing as that was base game, pvp, Warden Class as I said (and Vvardenfell area), max crafting, I believe max level too. You'd be able to respec, and have access to any guilds other than those I mentioned above (or Necro obviously).

Also if you were unaware, Zenimax does occasionally offer free DLC weeks where you get access to the DLC content for free and even keep your rewards and skills you obtain during them.
Ok thanks, I might give the base game a try just to see if I like the mmo as a whole before potentially investing in the DLC.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I think that is a good way to do it Megasoum When I jumped in myself it wasn't long after Summerset was added, and I was immediately overwhelmed (in a good way) with everything I could do. I had played the beta, and the difference I noticed was immediate and so nice to see. Enjoy!

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey people. Question.

I have TES:O and its Morrowind expansion. I had the Summerset expansion in my wishlist on PSN. I checked my wishlist a couple of days ago, and Summerset had disappeared. When I search PSN, it's not there. The only games that can be bought are "The Elder Scrolls Online" and "Elsweyr".

What gives?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Hey people. Question.

I have TES:O and its Morrowind expansion. I had the Summerset expansion in my wishlist on PSN. I checked my wishlist a couple of days ago, and Summerset had disappeared. When I search PSN, it's not there. The only games that can be bought are "The Elder Scrolls Online" and "Elsweyr".

What gives?

I believe it is now a crown store purchased item. That's what they did with morrowind when Summerset came out at least.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
So I've been playing this on PC. I'm pretty hooked. I'm level 32 now and I've been rolling around as a stamblade. I'm eyeballing end game PVP, since I raid in WoW already. I bought the on sale basic version for $10 on steam, but I like it enough, so I may upgrade to Elseweyr.

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
So I just returned to ESO after a few years away... currently a level 46 templar just plodding through the story and trying to stick to release order.... Any of you guys in a guild? Would love to be a part of a group which is active and helpful.

I only have base game but I do have ESO+ and I bought the collectors edition upgrades for Morrowind and Summerset via the crown store... If I manage to get to the point I need Elsweyr content before the next expac then I will buy that too.

Any tips or anything? I am following a templar guide I found online which seems to be doing me well so far.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat maelstrom arena which I've never done before. Took me 2 hours. I got the crushing wall lightning staff which is exactly what I wanted and will make the MA easier in the future.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have to admit, ESO is pretty damn fun. The quest design is very similar to modern TES (linear, but at least engagingly written) and I also appreciate the leveling mechanics of skills (albeit it's a little bit too much for a beginner like me).

Question: Is there any way to play the main questlines of the other chapters? I bought the premium edition with Morrowind and Summerset, but I could only start on Summerset.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
That's too bad. Dang it.
Yeah it's unfortunate, but we do have a roster of players that you can use to add to your friends list and possibly get groups going. Links below. I'd love to see a guild started up again, but it takes a lot of management, and I think that you'd really need to recruit beyond ERA so as to take advantage of other guild features, like traders.

ESO ResetEra Roster:
Submission form: https://goo.gl/jhv5BH
Database view: https://goo.gl/6z79ib

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Now that the expansion has been out for awhile how is Necro healing, I had it preordered but yet to even launch the game since it came out. I also have ESO plus I play on Xbox anyone can add me if they want tag is Loggjaw

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
40K_DPS_Stamden.png

Finally hit 40K DPS just in time for the nerf.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
Going into Maelstrom arena with PetSorc to acquire maelstrom arena daggers for the new meta before they nerf the petsorc into Oblivion with Scalebreaker.
cover2.jpg

Double drops right now in Maelstrom by the way.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going into Maelstrom arena with PetSorc to acquire maelstrom arena daggers for the new meta before they nerf the petsorc into Oblivion with Scalebreaker.
cover2.jpg

Double drops right now in Maelstrom by the way.

I can't decide if I care enough this year, I could use another inferno staff though, 2 if I decide to make a magdk 🤔

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The incoming damage feels insane at first, but once you get used to it and learn the mechanics it's really not that bad. What class do you plan on running it with?

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
I've done the MA on normal with my StamBlade.. I tried last night to do Vet and died at the second enemy. Clearly I'm not ready or not built properly, lol.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stam is basically hard mode for VMA, stamsorc is ok due to access to a shield and really good self heals but mag is definitely the way to go at first if you can

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only character I have is a magblade.

Magblade is a solid toon for maelstrom, good aoe dots (for now), spammable is also a hot and good burst. Assuming you're in the 400-500 cp range or higher you should be able to knock that out once you learn it. I used mother's sorrow/burning spellweave/Valkyn skoria on my magblade when I first completed maelstrom. Don't neglect entropy in the mages guild line or drain power or w/e the mag morph is called in the siphon skill line if you don't plan on running spellpower pots during the run as well. I ran drain power and it took me about 6 hours to complete maelstrom my first run at 350cp last year during this event.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Nice! I'm gonna try to grind a PetSorc based on the Alcast guide in time to get a few runs of this in before the event is over. I hope. Luckily I have a ton of exp scrolls saved up, and my main is at 664cp.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I recently discovered the PerfectPixel UI and it's amazing, a complete step up from the vanilla interface. It scales to 4K and uses the screen real estate to its full potential. Couple this with DarkUI along with the favorite bar from AUI and it all gels nicely.

ijqTXC.png

ijqIWm.png

ijqCNT.png

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
For the first time since I've been playing (Dark Brotherhood) this patch has made the game worse.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really been keeping up with the game lately. Is it because of the DPS changes you mentioned or other things, too?
It's a combination of things, but mostly just the combat changes. Every class is using soul trap with this update after the nerf to AoEs. It's a magicka based ability but both magicka and stamina builds are using it. This is at a cost of a class ability in most cases, so not only is there less variety between stamina and magic builds, there's less class distinction. I also lost DPS in all cases say for maybe magicka necro. So it feels like any progression I made since Elsweyr has been nullified in one patch. For example I lost 5000 DPS on my Stamden in melee and for the bow/bow build I lost 10000 DPS which is far too significant.

What do they add with these blanket nerfs? Purchasable skill lines. The stamina necromancer is still vastly overperforming, so it seems like they nerfed every other class so people would switch to the stamcro. They just conveniently have purchasable skill lines in a time that everyone would be making new characters to maximize damage.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I wonder why they would drastically nerf DPS across the board like that? Did they feel people were killing things too quickly and wanted to make the game harder or something?

ZOS has always been kinda scummy with the crown store in this game so I am not surprised about the last bit.

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
I've had a look at the patch notes and from my point of view I don't really get all the fuss, admittedly I don't play pvp and I'm only cp 480 something but not a lot has changed, I will need to swap a couple of skills possibly but that's about it.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They say they're trying to stop people from skipping mechanics so they nerfed aoe dots (passive damage that even low skill players could use effectively) when the primary culprits of mechanic skipping were the high end players who won't be remotely effected by these changes. Not to mention current 4 player content meta has shifted some of the healer role to tanks and replaced the healer with a 3rd dps. Eliminating a role is hardly good balance.

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
I guess I don't understand enough then, a couple of the streamers I watch don't seem to have a problem with the healer changes they've just altered builds, I guess I'll find out soon enough as I'm levelling a healer!

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest gripe isn't even the dps loss, I'm hitting 50k on a 3m dummy so losing a bit won't stop me from being able to complete the group content I want to do. It's more the fact that elsweyr broke a lot in terms of performance and some enemy aoe mechanics have been hitting beyond the scope of their indicators for just as long but they're nerfing dps instead of fixing those problems. Just doesn't sit right with me.

Moose's point about the homogenization of dps seems pretty dumb as well, why even have class skill lines if you're gonna make them ineffective compared to generic skills? Stam was already pretty bad in this regard and now mag has the same problem. It seems like the new people don't really know what they are doing.

RickPresk

May 15, 2018
Totally agree since elsweyr came out, I'm on xbox and some days it's practically unplayable and for me they should be prioritising that.

I play a stamina templar and I've enjoyed playing it, I do just play with a couple of mates though and we've only just started doing vet dungeons regularly as we've just been having fun, maybe we'll notice the changes the more it goes on, Xyonyde is the guy I watch a lot and he's released some new builds for the patch as has Alcast and it seems I only need to alter a couple of things. Hopefully it doesn't mess too many people up and that they balance it out as they go along.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Heads up for anyone with Amazon/twitch Prime, starting today through Sep 30 (this Friday) if you link your ESO account to twitch you can get a free mount and pet.

PC only though, unfortunately.

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
If you own Elsweyr, make sure to log in in the next couple of weeks to claim the Dragon Rise rewards found in the crown store:

fb1426ba6fea005c7da3185473025d19.jpg

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY CRAP

They gave away an absurd amount of stuff. I'm shocked.
Yeah the extra stuff was nice, but I was thinking we got the Warden costume with Morrowind at launch and the Necromance costume was held back for this event. But the gold pile, target dummy and dragon imp are awesome.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sooo with WoW out of the equation because of Blizzard's shitty stances, I'm picking this back up after not having played in a good 3-4 years. I never got very far anyways so I'm gonna be starting fresh. Is it worth it getting ESO Plus out of the gate or should I wait until I hit a certain level to start doing DLC or does it matter at all?