• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I spent two hours running around switching between a Nightblade and a templar. Warden didn't look that interesting. I know it's only three skill lines but as an altaholic I need to pick a class otherwise ill never get invested and I'll quit after a few hours played :( Ugh, stick with the rogueish archetype I always enjoy or try something new with templar.

I also have the same question, I bought the morrowind edition, does that mean the base game is included?

Timelost

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It doesn't look like there's much of an active community here for this game but I have a question that will hopefully get answered:

I'm looking to give this a try as it's on sale right now but I'm not sure which version I should get. There's the base game, the gold edition, the Morrowind edition and a collectors Morrowind edition. Umm. I'm basically paralysed by options here, lol. What should I get as a new player who isn't 100% sold on commitment to the game?
If you're not 100% decided, you will have the least risk with the regular edition which is still a HUGE game, however if you get into it and want to buy all the DLCs etc, The best way to start is with the Morrowind edition, because Morrowind is a full priced "chapter", you can only buy it directly. Whereas the other DLC can be bought through their MTX store with that currency, which you get 1500 complementary per month if you end up subbing, AND subbing gives you access to all DLC while you are subbed(amoung other benefits) except Morrowind!

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Cheers for the response, I bought the Morrowind edition. Downloading now! Holy hell, almost 100gbs O_O This will take a few days...

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I hit 26 today on my warden. I'm so used to the double XP buff, it's gonna be painful when the event ends in a few days.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Not to much activity going on here... Anyone able to sell me on Morrowind? I mean I love ES and Loved Morrowind, but how's the ESO version... How's the end game content?

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Not to much activity going on here... Anyone able to sell me on Morrowind? I mean I love ES and Loved Morrowind, but how's the ESO version... How's the end game content?

Lot's of activity ingame!

Endgame is great, with loads of PvE contente, great lore, great exploration sites and the Dungeons are top notch.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I can really get into the role of tanking in this game. I think it's actually the absence of autoattack and the need to actively click for attacking and blocking that just makes it feel too aggravating.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Can you give me a quick break down of what one could expect from start to cap? Thanks!

Prolly other member would be more qualified than me but:

- Questing (side quests, main quests, etc)
- World Bosses
- Public Dungeons (not instanced), Delves (mini Dungeons)
- Instanced Dungeons (4 member Dungeons)
- Trials (12 players Raids)

Trials recommendation is LVL 50 and 160CP (you gain CP after reaching LVL 50)
Instanced Dungeons are available after reaching level 10 (or 15, can't remember)

All the rest is available immediately!

Can't really talk about PvP

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Prolly other member would be more qualified than me but:

- Questing (side quests, main quests, etc)
- Public Dungeons (not instanced), Delves (mini Dungeons)
- Instanced Dungeons (4 member Dungeons)
- Trials (12 players Raids)

Trials recommendation is LVL 50 and 160CP (you gain CP after reaching LVL 50)
Instanced Dungeons are available after reaching level 10 (or 15, can't remember)

All the rest is available immediately!

Just as long as there is a good dose of soloable content.

I think before I buy Morrowind I'm gonna reinstall the base game and make a character, gonna see if it grabs me again. I had a level 50 char and loved it but I got sidetracked..

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Just as long as there is a good dose of soloable content.

I think before I buy Morrowind I'm gonna reinstall the base game and make a character, gonna see if it grabs me again. I had a level 50 char and loved it but I got sidetracked..

Morrowind has a really good Main Quest line. Also it's a great nostalgic hit :P

Amazing game and a really good MMORPG, can't recommend it enough!

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Does the Morrowind expansion add a nice bit of content? I had read a review that said it was like 4 hours.. Or was that pretty much false?

The Main Quest is around that, yes, but it adds a whole new region with some new Delves, Public Dungeons, and if you are into PvP it adds the Battlegrounds mode.

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Does the Morrowind expansion add a nice bit of content? I had read a review that said it was like 4 hours.. Or was that pretty much false?

I'd say false. Even if you focus exclusively on the non-repeatable single-player content, I'd estimate at least twice as much as four hours.

But I do think that overall there was the impression that it was a bit on the short side for content that required subscribers to pay extra.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
But does end game content stay fairly enjoyable, is there a variety of things to work on daily or just in general for gear and character building?

It depends on what you consider enjoyable.

I mostly do Dungeons runs and go around exploring the World Map to find new stuff. But I'm a completionist with a bit of an OCD :P

What kind of end content are you looking for?

Redshirt

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think so. There are a lot of daily activities across the entire world to participate in, including daily delves, world bosses and dungeons.

There's also the process of building up your crafter and crafting, buying and/or farming your end-game gear.

Long-term, I think ESO is at it's best when you sink your teeth into either dungeons/trials PvE or RvR/Imperial City PvP. As a completely single-player experience, not sure I'd still be playing it four years later.

Full disclosure: I'm actually on a break from ESO right now because my trial guild disbanded and Path of Exile is bleeping amazing right now.

JRoth

Oct 26, 2017

I can.

PvP can be broken down into 4 different types;

Imperial City (IC) - which is a mix of PvE and PvP elements, and lots of Close Quarters Combat
Cyrodiil - Open World PvP, AvA, One Versus Many, One Versus One, Siege and keep/town/resource/scroll capture
Dueling - 1v1, you can 1v1 anywhere even in areas outside of Cyrodiil
Battlegrounds - Requires Morrowind chapter to participate, 4v4v4 combat on instanced maps with different objectives.

It's important to note that Champion Points can be disabled for some PvP modes. Those modes without CP are more accessible for someone with lower CP.

For accessibility for endgame PvP, CP690 is preferred in CP enabled modes. No-CP does not matter what CP or level you are. As a newcomer, it's recommended that starting into a CP enabled campaign in Cyrodiil, you should be close to CP330.

Why do you need that much CP to participate in CP enabled objectives? The more CP you have, the more resources, buffs, max stats go up. A CP10 character fighting a CP690 character will be grossly overwhelmed and unable to keep up with the player who has more CP. This is shouldn't be a point of frustration, as you can still group up with a 'PUG'(pick up group) or ZERG(24-man group) that'll protect you from other higher CP players. One of the best ways to start learning to play PvP is to go to Cyrodiil and join a group. Beware, Kyne is a lv50 and below campaign for Cyrodiil you can join to get your feet wet, without worrying about CP690 enemies.

So where PvP gets interesting, is character specs/gear load out. For Veteran Dungeons and Trials, which require specific gear/classes/CP set ups. Cyrodiil PvP is unique in that you build for self sustain/DPS/survival and/or build for group play. Which is vastly different then how PvEr's gear up for end game PvE.

OP
OP
Taker34

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
But does end game content stay fairly enjoyable, is there a variety of things to work on daily or just in general for gear and character building?
ESO endgame is very much one of the most exciting ones which can keep you invested for years.

Endgame = fancy & rare character skins for completing the hardest dungeons and trials. The process of seamlessly switching from a solo player to being in a trial team happens to many, including me. Gearwise you'll be set relatively quickly, even though it'll take some sweet time to get a complete golden BiS set, depending on your class and role.

Housing and furnishing is always fun when you're tired of fighting, so you have a chance to satisfy the creative side of yours.

Other than that 12 man trials are endgame and extremely fun. I worked months on getting the Dro m'athra and golden skin. At first you won't like them but the "I want it too" effect is really kicking in once you realize they're hard to get. Especially getting them legitimately by working your way up in aguild, which isn't difficult at all. Working on your DPS as a damage dealer or refining your healing, tanking skills is another deep and fun layer of the game.

The big difference though is that ESO offers leaderboards for the harder solo, trial and PvP content + weekly rewards which is pretty unique and surprisingly fun. I was never a competitive person but seeing your name on the continent wide server is something special :-)

To make it short: even compared to FF14 the end game is pretty amazing, so don't worry about hitting a "I've got nothing to do" wall in a looong time if you enjoy PvE.

Long-term, I think ESO is at it's best when you sink your teeth into either dungeons/trials PvE or RvR/Imperial City PvP. As a completely single-player experience, not sure I'd still be playing it four years later.

Full disclosure: I'm actually on a break from ESO right now because my trial guild disbanded and Path of Exile is bleeping amazing right now.
So am I and most of the people I know. There are only a few top raid guilds still active in EU due to most of the common folk starting somewhere around One Tamriel and catching up with the content to a point where there isn't much to do. CwC and Morrowind while being nice on their own never offered nearly enough end game activities to keep us entertained until the next big add on (probably Sumerset Isles). If anyone's trying to freshly start now to play PVE stuff... well, let's say if you want to get into the raid scene in the end, you could play for ~2 years without running out of things to do.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So is there another ESO thread or is this game just not very popular around here?

MMO's in general don't have very active OT's. Wow and FF14, being the most popular MMO's available, are by far the most active and even they get a couple posts a day on average. The exception being around expansion launches and similar big events.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the ESO threads have never been real bangers here at ERA or the other place.. but rest assured the in-game community is very active. Lots and lots of players running around at all times. :)

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, but not so much a specific NA guild (atleast I don't know of it). Hell even the OP stopped logging in.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, but not so much a specific NA guild (atleast I don't know of it). Hell even the OP stopped logging in.
I have ownership of the NA guild on PSN. If you add yourself to the DB in the first post, I will send out invites the next time I log in. :)

We're close to ten members, so we'll have bank access soon, lol! ;)

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
MMO's in general don't have very active OT's. Wow and FF14, being the most popular MMO's available, are by far the most active and even they get a couple posts a day on average. The exception being around expansion launches and similar big events.

I see, I haven't been in any mmos for awhile so that's why I haven't really been in any of their OTs.

So here's my question for you and whomever else, do you guys absolutely recommend this game?

See im wanting to find a game that I can build some characters with and just chip away at while D2 is on the mend.

I started division again and while im digging it, I'm tempted by ESO again a bit and for Morrowind. I played eso upon launch, had a maxed Char but that was a long time ago.

How Is this games population? Is it growing still? How's end game? Is PvP mainly for groups or can people go out and solo some? Is it even worth it at this point with so many just so decked out of imagine?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any endgame experience but for you other points I have an overall positive opinion. Playerbase seems very healthy, always see people out in the world and queue times for dungeons are usually quite short even as DPS. And people also seem to be pretty constantly leveling up new characters/trying new specs so I wouldn't worry too much about everyone else outgearing you terribly in PvP. It shouldn't take long to catch up to a reasonable level.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Added one of my toons to the database, do I need to fill it out for each? (Or does it just go by online id?)

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Update 17 is live. Outfit system! This is a lot more versatile than transmog in WoW since you can freely mix and match light/medium/heavy pieces, and all motifs you know are account bound.

myDqvRP.jpg
DGjyH9I.jpg

Haven't done anything really creative with it just yet.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone out there early in the game and want to actually play with someone? I've been paying $15 a month for the premium thing for months and not playing. I feel like it would be more fun with other people and want to get back into it.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
One thing and possible gripe I have with ESO is that it's very solo friendly, almost too much so. It's honestly best played by yourself until you get to the required group content like PvP and dungeons/trials.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone out there early in the game and want to actually play with someone? I've been paying $15 a month for the premium thing for months and not playing. I feel like it would be more fun with other people and want to get back into it.

I'm always up to group with a heads up - but, what region are you playing in? Also, if you haven't, click this link and add yourself to our player database: https://goo.gl/jhv5BH :)

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Could you folks recommend a good beginners guide on ESO ? (I don't have morrowind, if it helps)

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
The latest update "Dragon Bones" is out on consoles now. Dungeons and stuff, but also the addition of the Outfit Station and item storage for player housing!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I'm on my daily break from ESO.. lol

I'll probably start playing again right before the new chapter comes out which hopefully they announce soon. I still need to finish off the CWC DLC.

flonty

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, just bought the game. I am a noob but would like to play with you all. If someone is interested add me on ps4. Nickname is also flonty.

Happy Puppy

Oct 29, 2017
I'm interested in buying the game but have a few questions and concerns.
I have the healing/tank itch and was wondering how it plays. My favorite games for healing have been Guild Wars Prot Monk and DIsc Priest in WoW. I enjoy pressing the right ability at the right time compared to spamming abilities, don't know what class or build can give me that, feels so good being patient and block incoming damage or get aggro with a calculated ability.

How are the dungeons? Are they the typical go from A or B to reach C, trash boss and then a big bad at the end? Interested if there are secret door, puzzles, traps and things to break from the constant fighting,

How long do you have to wait to get a group in NA as a healer or tank?

Thanks for the answers.